Football Manager 2020 Feedback Thread

• Replies 8.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

4 minutes ago, robinthebest said:

watching my wingers/fullback shot 7 times into the side net in one match and i lost by a single goal makes me don't want to play this game anymore.

this ME is simply terrible

I’ll see your side netting and raise you hitting the woodwork four times in a 1-0 loss 

54 minutes ago, KUBI said:

You need to use the advanced rules for that.

Looking again I cannot see how this works.. I didnt need to do this last year..

Advanced edit mode doesnt look clear as to how you add relegation places. Maybe waiting for a download is best option.

Just tried again for another 20 minutes and getting nowhere!!

vor 2 Minuten schrieb JR866Gunner:

Looking again I cannot see how this works.. I didnt need to do this last year..

Advanced edit mode doesnt look clear as to how you add relegation places. Maybe waiting for a download is best option.

Just tried again for another 20 minutes and getting nowhere!!

Or ask for assistance in the editor forum.

vor 5 Minuten schrieb Bluebird123:

how do i set my head of youth development to bring in regens like I could in previous games? My DoF is doing it currently and I have no idea how to change it 

Get in charge of it and delegate it again. 

Or go to staff --> responsibilites - transfer and contracts and set it to head of youth development.

Just scored a nice solo goal from deep in my own half. The breakaway came from a failed corner. Isgrove, who was having a quiet game, burst into life with this run. Thought he was going to take the ball too wide as he closed in on goal, but it was a cool finish.

Had me right of my seat it did.

2 hours ago, robinthebest said:

watching my wingers/fullback shot 7 times into the side net in one match and i lost by a single goal makes me don't want to play this game anymore.

this ME is simply terrible

It's getting to me too, along with the extremely low conversion rate of one on ones. I feel like I need 3 or 4 x the opposition clear chances to score, despite usually having better finishers.

9 hours ago, Rakosi said:

EDIT: And AML/R's shooting into the side of the net at the byline absolutely needs to be fixed.  It happens about 4-6 times a game for me, without fail.  Dribbling in general seems a little overtuned in my opinion because if they fixed the wingers to cutback passes to the strikers instead of shooting we'd end up with games with silly final scores because of how often and how easily skilled dribblers can break from a corner and run all the way up the pitch, skin the last two defenders and slam the ball into the side netting.  Defending (esp. against dribbling and anyone with any pace at all) and shooting seem a little bit weak right now leading to a lot of frustration when watching the ME.

This x a million. It's ruining my matchday experience, unfortunately.

More of a standard FM question: How can you remove an injured player from the pitch when you have no substitutions left after the initial popup when they got injured? When they get injured u get the pop up "take off pitch" but I can't find this anywhere after it has timed out.

22 minutes ago, sureup said:

More of a standard FM question: How can you remove an injured player from the pitch when you have no substitutions left after the initial popup when they got injured? When they get injured u get the pop up "take off pitch" but I can't find this anywhere after it has timed out.

When it's orange you get the popup I think, when it's red they automatically get taken off. 

@Pele1994  Once you have tried the game constructive criticism is welcome in the feedback thread.  Personal abuse leveled at the SI staff is absolutely not accepted and any further incidents like this will lead to your posting rights being withdrawn.  Your post has been hidden and will be reviewed by the Mods.

Worse thing is he joined 30 mins ago @FrazT, aimed and planned? Your call, doesn't seem to have a "profile" though. 

Anyways played a few more games today: Through balls are happening and seem to be shown quite frequently on the analysis page, still not sure it's counted as through balls in reality but nevertheless after a year it seems to pay off. Had a similar situation with 19.

Noticed defensive movement push ahead either on defend or stopper. Cover pushes them back too much in a positive/attacking mentality. We'd expect them to stay in line with the defensive line but also drop back a little. Ill watch the games in 2d and seek further into it when I have chance, maybe it'll show it better.

I think the IF is too direct, they dribble mad even when it's hard too. It is realistic but in some cases they go on mazy runs that opposition can stop had they slide tackle or not being impacted by defensive errors from which I assume is the ME or intellegent defensive decisions. 

positives: The best players seem to have an impact in games generally, not sure if thats the hidden attributes or anything else but if a player with low mental stats is there but have brillaint physicals and technicality, it's still useful. I usually go mental headed strong but seeing raw players do some stuff better and worse makes it almost perfect to IRL. 

9 hours ago, herne79 said:

If your top of the premier league team is "getting absolutely torn apart" by the team 24th in League One (4 out of 4 times) I'm afraid that has little to do with the ME.

I'm sorry but I don't agree with this.  All my defenders out paced the opposing forwards in that game, and have way better mentals than their attacking mentals too.  Of course it is a tactics thing, because I know that if I kept tweaking and replayed I could beat them 8-0 or something, but that isn't my point.  My point is that it is not obvious by watching the ME why this team were way more threatening than Barcelona and almost all premier league opposition.  In the games I replayed their main striker was scoring one-on-ones like there was no tomorrow and their 4 man midfield were first to every second ball while pressing my team so hard that my players kept choosing to just go back to the keeper.  A soon to be relegated League One team should probably not be able to do this because of the stat difference between the players.  If Liverpool or Man City were doing it, it'd feel like it made sense.  By watching the match I couldn't find one specific reason why this team were playing so well each attempt.  They were just better at everything on the day, and the unintuitiveness of why that is feels unrewarding and wrong.

I know it was a tactic thing, of course, because everything is.  But by watching the the ME we're supposed to be able to see how to change our tactics to improve the game, which wasn't possible here.  Maybe I was just unlucky and in the 6 or so games I played the AI players just got stupid lucky with the math.

Had a chance to finally get through some games in a new FMT Strasbourg save. Playing a Diamond Gegenpress tactic (no wingers and the board wants pressing) and finding it quite easy so far, especially a 13-2 aggregate win over Luzern in the Europa League play off with a rotated squad (8-2 win away in the 1st leg). Besides that I'm really enjoying what I've seen in game. Have noticed the issues people have mentioned about the tight angle shots and 1v1s but they have not been anywhere near as bad as you might be led to believe reading some of the comments. Have seen some central through balls attempted as well, including 1 that was intercepted and left me incredibly open to their counter. Areas can be worked on but it's looking quite good!

13 hours ago, Rakosi said:

One thing I'm getting from this years release is a bizarre amount of inconsistency against certain teams.  Beat Barcelona 3-0 as Newcastle in the Champions League using a possession based tactic, next week get thrashed 3-1 by a Championship team in the League Cup.  I still won the possession battle (just!) but they had like 30 shots and 15 on target compared to my 12 shots with 3 on target.  I'm beating teams like Spurs and Man Utd regularly, and drawing or playing a spirited loss against Man City and Liverpool.  

It's not just the championship team; this year certain teams are just destroying me every single game as if my players have forgotten how to play.  West Ham, Bournemouth, Crystal Palace.  Their pressing just seems to be an order of magnitude more skilled and more eager and more successful than anything I can get my more skilled players to do.  I really have no idea what is going on, compared to FM19 where I could generally tell why I wasn't performing against a team.  This year certain teams just feel like they have an invisible stat boost sometimes.

EDIT: And AML/R's shooting into the side of the net at the byline absolutely needs to be fixed.  It happens about 4-6 times a game for me, without fail.  Dribbling in general seems a little overtuned in my opinion because if they fixed the wingers to cutback passes to the strikers instead of shooting we'd end up with games with silly final scores because of how often and how easily skilled dribblers can break from a corner and run all the way up the pitch, skin the last two defenders and slam the ball into the side netting.  Defending (esp. against dribbling and anyone with any pace at all) and shooting seem a little bit weak right now leading to a lot of frustration when watching the ME.

had the same feeling that wingers with good dribbling is too good, my Jarrod Bowen destroys Van Dijk multiple times in a single game which is strange, if they want to compensate the op dribbling by making them shooting into the side net, that's the wrong way to do it

43 minutes ago, Cal585 said:

Had a chance to finally get through some games in a new FMT Strasbourg save. Playing a Diamond Gegenpress tactic (no wingers and the board wants pressing) and finding it quite easy so far, especially a 13-2 aggregate win over Luzern in the Europa League play off with a rotated squad (8-2 win away in the 1st leg). Besides that I'm really enjoying what I've seen in game. Have noticed the issues people have mentioned about the tight angle shots and 1v1s but they have not been anywhere near as bad as you might be led to believe reading some of the comments. Have seen some central through balls attempted as well, including 1 that was intercepted and left me incredibly open to their counter. Areas can be worked on but it's looking quite good!

Probably because you're not playing wingers. That might be the go-to tactic until this gets sorted.

12 saat önce, KlaaZ said:

Exactly my point. That means that central forwards had even worse stats last year in the PL. :) 

Number of goals may be similar IRL but we should check the conversion rate also. I think if Kane or Aguero had this much CCC IRL they can reach more than 30 goals.

57 minutes ago, Cal585 said:

try to play wingers

Is there a reason why my youth players from my first youth intake(under contract until 2022) are getting contract offers from other clubs.I have set myself the responsibility of sorting out all tansfers in the club so I know no other staff members are doing anything.

4 hours ago, Rakosi said:

I'm sorry but I don't agree with this.  All my defenders out paced the opposing forwards in that game, and have way better mentals than their attacking mentals too.  Of course it is a tactics thing, because I know that if I kept tweaking and replayed I could beat them 8-0 or something, but that isn't my point.  My point is that it is not obvious by watching the ME why this team were way more threatening than Barcelona and almost all premier league opposition.  In the games I replayed their main striker was scoring one-on-ones like there was no tomorrow and their 4 man midfield were first to every second ball while pressing my team so hard that my players kept choosing to just go back to the keeper.  A soon to be relegated League One team should probably not be able to do this because of the stat difference between the players.  If Liverpool or Man City were doing it, it'd feel like it made sense.  By watching the match I couldn't find one specific reason why this team were playing so well each attempt.  They were just better at everything on the day, and the unintuitiveness of why that is feels unrewarding and wrong.

I know it was a tactic thing, of course, because everything is.  But by watching the the ME we're supposed to be able to see how to change our tactics to improve the game, which wasn't possible here.  Maybe I was just unlucky and in the 6 or so games I played the AI players just got stupid lucky with the math.

The frustration in these games is that it’s not just that the weaker opposition are working harder, because you could understand that would be down to their motivation against a big side, and you could try to overcome it by touch line shouts, a few tactical tweaks like harder tackling and maybe a sub or two to bring on some players like Milner, in Liverpool’s case...

...it’s when a very poor side all of a sudden pass like peak Barcelona and their terrible striker turns into Pele. Again, you could understand one good finish or touch, but they do it for the full game.

2 hours ago, robinthebest said:

had the same feeling that wingers with good dribbling is too good, my Jarrod Bowen destroys Van Dijk multiple times in a single game which is strange, if they want to compensate the op dribbling by making them shooting into the side net, that's the wrong way to do it

Agree that van Dijk looks absolutely bang average on this game, which is a real shame. Playing as Liverpool, van Dijk, Firmino, Salah and Mane all look rubbish, which is what is so frustrating.

I presume if I played lower league football, the ME would look fine as I’d expect players to be individually rubbish, but when you’re playing as a very good team with some world class individuals, but they look poor on the game, despite the team grinding out wins, it’s just not enjoyable.

1 hour ago, dannysheard said:

Agree that van Dijk looks absolutely bang average on this game, which is a real shame. Playing as Liverpool, van Dijk, Firmino, Salah and Mane all look rubbish, which is what is so frustrating.

I presume if I played lower league football, the ME would look fine as I’d expect players to be individually rubbish, but when you’re playing as a very good team with some world class individuals, but they look poor on the game, despite the team grinding out wins, it’s just not enjoyable.

My personal opinion and what I've seen, is there is little to no difference whichever level your playing. 

Playing in an obscure league or with the elite teams, there is not much difference in the ME. 

All of them are capable of the same things. Like obscure teams playing the op gegenpress to perfection to players playing crossfield passes like elite players. 

3 minutes ago, Lempicka said:

This is great. The keeper's clearly expecting the forward to get on the end of the cross, so positions himself accordingly. My wing back can't believe his luck!

You see that type of goal now and again in real life, that's the first time I've ever seen it on FM. Superb. 

Putting 1vs1s to the test, FM 20 edition

13 hours ago, Svenc said:

Will be getting Right back to ya, I'm currently trying my "one on one" stress test I had conducted for FM19 for a conversion of slightly above 50%ish. However, the chances I'm going to unrealistically force upon Players (man marking FTW) :Dwill obviously be in loads of space as you can see, whilst your average one on one on FM still sees the Forward closed down and under more severe pressure. Usually, just two Players here would still manage to get behind the ball back in time.

TdsOLpx.png

So, I'm done. Only counted the first half yet, overall there were about 30 one on oneish Scenarios in that half. Which isn't a conclusive sample size, but still a couple dozen. My findings are actually Pretty similar to FM 19. Selfish decision making for sure (on FM19 too), and I was also a Little concerned that whilst the first 1vs1 was immediately a Goal, what followed was a streak of 4-5 misses/saves. However, eventually Things balanced out to be Closer to FM19ish purely in Terms of conversion. It was About 50/50ish, with the converted Scenarios slightly edging it. At such volumes, I think I had seen even a Forward rounding the keeper. However, the tendency to shoot from bad angles seems increased indeed.

That's for sure not how SI are "testing" Things, and those are Scenarios in tons of space, but even so... :D 

Match pkm: https://easyupload.io/ykj1bx 

4SqjWJs.png

Edited by Svenc

Sorry if this has been asked before :

I like checking my players' development in time and for that I was looking into their attribute changes from time to time at previous editions.

There was like 0.2 level changes that you could track at their attribute development panel. (was that the name?)

When the attribute changes from let's say 8,4 to 8,6 it showed 9 at profile page. 

I couldn't see that kind of detail at FM 2020. Maybe I am not looking at the correct page. Can we still see that in FM 2020?

(cause at the moment I can't see the decimal detail)

Edited by enricoix

As an ado, in case somebody were wondering About the high amount of yellows in the above for Gladbach.

If you would "defend" like this, then naturally the instances where Players would be forst upon last ditch tackles / tactical fouls may go up.

I've already seen that the download Scene again Shares tactics in numbers that see no to Little protection to the backline 24/7, and similar shenanigans, which may make testing Things for SI doubly hard (but then, the game allows it, even though you see this Kind of thing in Football, systematically, 0/0).

10 minutes ago, Bakiano said:

9 time my players are going 1 on 1 and 0 goal scored. I scored two goals but they weren't a clear cut chance. But it is good, I won :D 

RB Leipzig v Borussia Dortmund_ Match Stats.png

So Bottom line, not all one vs ones are equal opportunity in the ME. :D Personally myself I had Always considered this type at 2:46 to be a 1 in 5 Chance at very best, as the Forward has so Little time and space, and the ball is also played in his back rather than his running path. The keeper naturally also has made the Goal real small. Not sure as to SI , naturally. But if this type were a 1 in 5 Chance, streak of not scoring in 6, 7 should be reasonably common place. However, the frequency in individual matches would be another matter.

Edited by Svenc

3 minutes ago, Bakiano said:

Their second CC was a penalty which was missed :D 

Uh oh. :D Still they also had 14 Corners. Given that Matches last ~60 minutes plus stoppage time, that's a Corner alone every 4th Minute the ball was kicked. Which leads me to believe that from experience, they still also had a healthy amount of their attempts (on target) from headers and similar purely from the set piece (Corners, IDFKs, etc.) Top Teams in Football average 8 Corners per match, no more. That stuff is oft being saved easily by the keeper, and arguably should.

Edited by Svenc

1 minute ago, Svenc said:

Uh oh. :D Still they also had 14 Corners, which leads me to believe that from experience, they had a healthy amount of their attempts (on target) from headers and similar from the set piece (Corners, IDFKs, etc.) Top Teams in Football average 8 Corners per match, no more.

I had 14 corners, not them but there were at least 7 one on ones for me which were missed.

2 minutes ago, Bakiano said:

I had 14 corners, not them but there were at least 7 one on ones for me which were missed.

Could you upload the match too? Maybe we could compare and find something useful for the devs. :) 

2 ore fa, axehan1 ha scritto:

Is there a reason why my youth players from my first youth intake(under contract until 2022) are getting contract offers from other clubs.I have set myself the responsibility of sorting out all tansfers in the club so I know no other staff members are doing anything.

It's a new feature to mirroring reality

7 hours ago, Rakosi said:

motivation issue over tactics, probably started from whatever was said in the press conferences

2 hours ago, dannysheard said:

...it’s when a very poor side all of a sudden pass like peak Barcelona and their terrible striker turns into Pele. Again, you could understand one good finish or touch, but they do it for the full game.

Never seen a "very poor" side all of a sudden passing like Barcelona on any release ever. What I've seen is that the AI on Occasion Plays into all the space available either due to the tactics or possible ME issues. For instance, 3rd Tier sides on FM17 could dominate the Center of the park against EPL opposition simply if they had a man Advantage there. They'd basically hold a Training match in the middle of the park then. I'll post this as a visuial test whether anybody can see why. (The Argument after all was that it'd be "hard to impossible" to see what's going on and what to Change.

There will be a reason for this, and against indeed "very poor" Opposition, e.g. no Opposition of your Tier, it will at least partially be connected to tactical choices made. 100000%. This will continue for as Long as the game allows poor Systems, for as Long as the AI only ever exploits them by Chance -- and also, for as Long as the ME may have issues (which you can oft mitigate some if you're Aware of them).

Edited by Svenc