Football Manager 2020 Feedback Thread

The responses to the minimum spec discussion are laughable. 

You can buy a laptop for £200 that has 4GB RAM and a laptop for £330 that has 8GB RAM. Anyone buying a laptop today looking to get some use out of it will be buying 8 or 16GB RAM.

My own laptop has 32GB RAM. 

I have never, not in years, heard of someone buying a laptop with RAM as low as 2GB. 

• Replies 8.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

4 hours ago, Dagenham_Dave said:

Nonsense, the Scribe has fiercely defended criticism of the game in his videos, unless he's changed his tune over the last few days. 

you mean he fiercely refuted criticism? i mean, if you're going to come on the forums just to disagree with everyone, at least make sense.

7 minutes ago, Travis Bickle said:

You can buy a laptop for £200 that has 4GB RAM and a laptop for £330 that has 8GB RAM. Anyone buying a laptop today looking to get some use out of it will be buying 8 or 16GB RAM.

I have never, not in years, heard of someone buying a laptop with RAM as low as 2GB. 

It’s not necessarily new laptops. I for instance play on a nine year old laptop that was at best mid range 9 years ago.

SI will have data about specs, but one of my laptops is below minimum spec and one is just meeting it.

FM players are not all typical gamers (see the new pc thread for more evidence of this) but I wouldn’t laugh off the minimum specs thing 

1 hour ago, KUBI said:

AI teams change their tactics when you finished above expectations. If you change nothing this might be the reason for your bad run. 

But surely teams like Liverpool are good at football because they stick to a tactic and are good at it. Arbitrarily starting to lose because you keep using a good tactic seems a bit cheap

vor 2 Minuten schrieb erjonpepa2017:

hey please can someone help me because when I try to install fm 2020 its says it's not available in ur correct platform . what should I do pls 

Which platform are you using? (Computer and OS?)

Gerade eben schrieb erjonpepa2017:

windows 7 , 4 gb ram , Intel Core 2 duo , 

You need a 64 bit operating system to run FM. If your W7 is 32 bit you need to update it to 64 bit version.

15 minutes ago, IrrelevantLion said:

But surely teams like Liverpool are good at football because they stick to a tactic and are good at it. Arbitrarily starting to lose because you keep using a good tactic seems a bit cheap

Probably a bit of nitpicking but;
They stick to a footballing strategy. In order to acheive that they create tactics. Those tactics will change, probably not by too much, from game to game,
while still sticking to their overall strategy.
A good tactic for one game might not be as good for the next game. With the quality of players they have at their disposal they won't have to change much. But it changes, ever so slightly.
Starting to lose might just be a mentality/morale problem. If it persists then they might have to revise their tactics in order to go acheive the overall strategy.

3 hours ago, rjferguson90 said:

I'm sorry, but I honestly find it incredible that this was posted. Arguably the most crucial part of the game is totally unsatisfactory to most users, and you're suggesting that people should visit the tactics forum to exploit the bugs and errors. Unbelievable.

You'll probably find that there's nothing to support that it's totally unsatisfactory to "most" users, given that:

1) a hell of a lot of people are playing the game every day (and currently, over 76,000 people are playing it, putting it in the Steam top 10 (https://store.steampowered.com/stats/);

2) The reviews for the game, even on Steam, are "Mostly Positive", which is pretty decent;

3) The number of people on the forum is a tiny fraction of the total number of players, and there are a substantial number of people even here on these forums that are happily playing the game.

Are there issues? Yes, SI have admitted as such. Is the ME "totally unsatisfactory"? That's entirely subjective depending on what a given player is wanting, and in my opinion, I'm having fun with it, I've adapted tactics to reduce the issues until there's a patch, and I'm enjoying the game. Others may not, which is an entirely legitimate view, but individuals posting hundreds of times about the same 2-3 issues, and saying the same things, isn't going to make the patch come any quicker.

@KUBI posted an option that some people may want to take. Please don't bite his head off for it.

On 11/01/2020 at 23:28, KlaaZ said:

Newsflash: Defenders make mistakes. It's how 95% of all goals are scored.

I don’t recall ever seeing one asleep on the pitch though....:lol:

Edited by janrzm

3 minutes ago, Dagenham_Dave said:

Yes, and if you're not happy with it, voice your displeasure at it, complain even if you feel that strongly. 

But 'anger'? 

That should be reserved for corrupt governments, the Tories, and the rise in foodbanks in a developed nation to name but a few. 

If you are THAT angry about a computer game, it's high time you did something else with your spare time. 

I suspect that may be straying somewhat off topic, however. 

It's not your place to decide how others should feel about a product they have bought. As long as they're being civil and constructive, I see no problem with it. If they're not being civil and constructive, it's the mods job to step in, not yours.

Edited by Tiger666

2 minutes ago, Tiger666 said:

This isn't about me. For what it's worth I did and the match engine was quite different to how it is now.

So why didn't they try out the demo? 

Really? The current problems started after the beta. That's precisely when the demo is available. Because the demo is patched with the full game, i doubt that there was much difference. 

vor 9 Minuten schrieb Dagenham_Dave:

I wasn't aware I was. 

Permission to set up an 'FM Bickering' thread? :lol:

Take it as a last warning. I will remove your latest posts and the response as we don't want to have that kind of "interaction" in this thread anymore.

1 minute ago, j4y_z said:

I've no idea you'll have to ask them. I'm not angry about anything. I've submitted over 20 bug threads since purchasing the game. A lot of them have not had a response. If the game gets patched and it turns out my reports have been ignored, then I'll be pretty annoyed.

12 minutes ago, Tiger666 said:

I've no idea you'll have to ask them. I'm not angry about anything. I've submitted over 20 bug threads since purchasing the game. A lot of them have not had a response. If the game gets patched and it turns out my reports have been ignored, then I'll be pretty annoyed.

Yeah, don't get me wrong, I was not directing the question at you personally, I was just using your response to ask the crowd. 

Is buying the pig in the poke a thing now? 

Haven't updated on latest posts here. 

But I'm guessing there's much on club vision stuff? 

I can add to that. I'm supposed to challenge for the title and according to the board I'm not. 

image.thumb.png.8a6e2f644a1449cefb32fce24969c8c5.png

I get this news saying they are disappointed, as I'm "so many points behind"

image.thumb.png.5805f42ed417d283bbb1ec78cd4a43a5.png

I'm 1(!) point behind with 10 games to go. 

image.thumb.png.75db8d7fd19b406a6039816afee36cfd.png

Can I continue without the risk of being sacked because of this?

Will a update fix this in already started save? 

12 minutes ago, KVJ92 said:

Haven't updated on latest posts here. 

But I'm guessing there's much on club vision stuff? 

I can add to that. I'm supposed to challenge for the title and according to the board I'm not. 

image.thumb.png.8a6e2f644a1449cefb32fce24969c8c5.png

I get this news saying they are disappointed, as I'm "so many points behind"

image.thumb.png.5805f42ed417d283bbb1ec78cd4a43a5.png

I'm 1(!) point behind with 10 games to go. 

image.thumb.png.75db8d7fd19b406a6039816afee36cfd.png

Can I continue without the risk of being sacked because of this?

Will a update fix this in already started save? 

I don't know if that is a bug or not, but maybe the expectation was for you to be comfortably ahead in the lead? So, you are 1 point behind the first place team, but maybe you are 10 points behind of what they were expecting?

2 minutes ago, bleventozturk said:

I don't know if that is a bug or not, but maybe the expectation was for you to be comfortably ahead in the lead? So, you are 1 point behind the first place team, but maybe you are 10 points behind of what they were expecting?

But that's not "Challenge for the title" then.

And my media prediction is 4th. 

3 hours ago, Travis Bickle said:

I'm getting rather tired of seeing these types of posts. Not because it affects me, but because it is so entitled, self revolving and ignorant. That's not an insult. It's how it comes across. 

First of all, thousands of people play this game around the world. Not everyone works with pounds and not everyone is living in a country with a healthy economy and decent paying job. You have no idea how expensive this is in some countries. 

For example, laptops in my country are phenomally expensive and a 4GB laptop is usually equal to the average monthly salary. 

That's if you're buying one with just a simple integrated graphics card. Prices go up by 50% of that total price for one with 8GB of RAM. 

Not everybody is in the same situation as you and it is insensitive and elitist of someone to think so. 

So, some consideration is needed here. 

Edited by MatthewS17

51 minutes ago, j4y_z said:

Really? The current problems started after the beta. That's precisely when the demo is available. Because the demo is patched with the full game, i doubt that there was much difference. 

I remember someone earlier saying the demo was showing an earlier version of the ME compared to what the actual release had, was a few weeks ago though.

13 minutes ago, Tiger666 said:

Masterclass in goalkeeping here. All in one match. WIll submit another bug report tomorrow. Still got a 6.5 mind.

So much to fix in this ME. How did it become this mess :( , and I can't imagine how much time SI would need to fix all this. I am guessing a lot will be left to be fixed for FM 21, but stuff like this one you are showing is a must fix thing, because it entirely kills the motivation to continue playing. This never happened to me in 1 season, somehow, but after a match like this how can you get yourself to go through your tactical setup for the next match? I mean what is the point right?

Edited by bleventozturk

3 hours ago, GuitarMan said:

It’s not necessarily new laptops. I for instance play on a nine year old laptop that was at best mid range 9 years ago.

SI will have data about specs, but one of my laptops is below minimum spec and one is just meeting it.

FM players are not all typical gamers (see the new pc thread for more evidence of this) but I wouldn’t laugh off the minimum specs thing 

Agreed, until recently I was playing with a Pentium J and 4gb of ram with roughly 10 nations loaded and 75k player database. 

Ran smoothish got slower as game went on but I played into 20seasons plus with it on saves.

9 minutes ago, bleventozturk said:

So much to fix in this ME. How did it become this mess :( , and I can't imagine how much time SI would need to fix all this. I am guessing a lot will be left to be fixed for FM 21, but stuff like this one you are showing is a must fix thing, because it entirely kills the motivation to continue playing. This never happened to me in 1 season, somehow, but after a match like this how can you get yourself to go through your tactical setup for the next match? I mean what is the point right?

Luckily it was the opposition goalkeeper or my PC would be in the back garden by now. But yes, I'll be surprised if all this gets fixed by the final patch in March.

Edited by Tiger666

11 minutes ago, Tiger666 said:

Luckily it was the opposition goalkeeper or my PC would be in the back garden by now. But yes, I'll be surprised if all this gets fixed by the final patch in March.

Pretty close to game being youknowwhat.

vor 5 Minuten schrieb bleventozturk:

Just putting this out here, a long time player's feedback. Number 1 and 2 are the ME, not surprisignly:

The worst thing about such videos are the length.

There are also things there that have been waiting for a fix for years, yet they are untouched and instead time is spent on changing the look of staff responsibilities.

Such as the match sounds. It actually got worse this year, after being the same for years. It sounds bugged right now, where you can hear rapid tapping on the ball sometimes, or sometimes not hearing cheers during a goal but you hear them during the replay, etc. Why would SI not spend time to improve the sounds?

Edited by bleventozturk

vor 1 Minute schrieb bleventozturk:

Why would SI not spend time to improve the sounds?

Because it's not that easy as it looks. If you want to record good sounds, you need to do it in a stadium. And for that you need a permission and a license to use it in the game. 

Just now, KUBI said:

Because it's not that easy as it looks. If you want to record good sounds, you need to do it in a stadium. And for that you need a permission and a license to use it in the game. 

I get that, but how about at least getting it (whatever sound you have available) synchronized with what is happening on the pitch? You don't need permit for that.