Football Manager 2020 Feedback Thread

been a "hater" mostly of my time on the forums due to frustrations with past ME versions, after playing 6+ games in the last update, dont touch a thing in the ME, congrats SI, its good enough for now, am sure i will find something to annoy me down the road, but it will be probably a minimal thing .. i like the kind of gameplay am getting now.

just fix the pressing intensity that should affect the tactical intensity, right now it feels like my team is invincible and i can play most of the season at high tactical intensity without much worries of fitness,  am getting only 2 or 3 players jaded, only that aspect of the game feels weird for now.

currently won the everidise at matchday 26 with a 26 points lead with 55 or 56 games unbeaten, and i have no players jaded, could be that in the year 2022 i had the world cup in december and the season had a big break, but the previous seasons was kinda the same thing with very low jaded players.

image.png.4870ba9ff5ac2cc6777c1e06394ce9a9.pngimage.png.abe7b439dd9ea201c8fe1abc7e122f59.png

Edited by kertiek

• Replies 8.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

26 minutes ago, Rashidi said:

Teams that actually score late goals in real life actually do something to make that happen. Either a tactical switch, a substitution, they don’t just sit there and wait.

I’ve turned numerous matches  on their head where I was 1, 2 even three goals down. This game isn’t Couch Potato Football Manager.

It actually is couch potato football.  More than switch tactics to a 4-3-3, 3-4-3, 4-2-3-1, push players forward, take higher risks, fresh subs, what else is there?  If you have the quality players it should happen sometimes or more often, yet, I repeat, it's never happens (injury time goals) and very rarely happens (comebacks) when you're down by more than two goals even when I have the stronger team on paper and I'm down against weaker opponents early in the match.  It seems, once you go down 2-0, it's game over no matter what tactical changes you make.

I suppose, since others are saying it does happen for them, it must be me.  Maybe I don't have the Pep Guardiola cyber skills the others have.

1 hour ago, Svenc said:

The AI isn't coded to frustrate the heck out of the more casual Players (and that's fine), but it still obviously has an Edge in that it doesn't care About the shots,

It lacks personality , I have now had a few games where the AI has something like 5 CCCs vs my 1 and I have won the game by more than 2 goals. If the AI could offer feedback for FM20 it surely would ask for a new match engine where it fails to convert its ccc.  We need to hear from the AI, if only it had a voice too,

3 hours ago, pezza00 said:

LOL, what a load of crap!  It never happens even when changing tactics or introducing new subs.  Down 2-0, if you score a goal, 99.999% of the times you can bet your bottom dollar the next score will be 3-1. 

Are you saying you think I'm lying? lol Cause I don't work for SI so I have no reason/incentive to deceive anyone.

Part of me feels like the way SI fixes certain things is just to turn down the likelihood of them happening rather than make opposition players smarter at dealing with those situations.  Take the current clear issue with balls over the top stumping premier league defenders time after time (This was also in the previous patch of the ME but has turned up in frequency); SI will probably just reduce the likelihood of an attacking player trying that ball rather than make defenders better at dealing with them which is probably more complicated.  Nothing wrong with players trying it a lot, but they should be punished because 9 times out of 10 we expect premier league defenders to be able to clear those all day.  The problem with OP dribbling- again, nothing wrong with players trying it a lot but they were getting away without any consequences because defenders had no way to deal with it.  Defensive movement feels unintelligent in general.  My high phyiscal defenders do not boss around small solo strikers as much as I feel should happen, which should then be forcing the opposition to try other routes into my box.  Defending against an attack always feels lucky and scrappy rather than confident and comfortable.

I don't actually know if defending against dribbling is fixed now or not (haven't played enough games).

Check out the kinds of goals scored in this Newcastle 6 - 5 Everton game I attached (this is on the new patch).  Some of them are identical balls over the top through the same players.

Newcastle v Everton.pkm

Edited by Rakosi
addition

9 minutes ago, Mantis Toboggan said:

been playing the update. Is the "update" just a revert to FM19's match engine? Cause it feels a suspicious amount like FM 19's match engine...

Glad I'm not the only one who noticed it. It looks very similar to one of the earlier versions of 19, because I remember thinking 19.1? was decent enough to buy the game, and also remember myself thinking that even though those long balls over the top weren't very realistic, at least we had them to compensate for the lack of through balls, since they were providing the only variety to the long shots/crosses/set pieces goals. Then they removed those, without improving the central play in final third, and FM 19 became unplayable for me :(

We are at that early point again now, let's see what will happen until the last patch. I still have hope, but I feel kind of sad thinking about all the hard work SI put into this for an entire year, yet the current ME looks pretty much the same as 19.1.

Good thing is that 20.2 is much better than 20.1, at least imo it is playable now, if you can ignore some unrealistic behavior. Just pretend that those long balls over the top are actually some beautiful through balls :)

19 minutes ago, Rakosi said:

Part of me feels like the way SI fixes certain things is just to turn down the likelihood of them happening rather than make opposition players smarter at dealing with those situations.  Take the current clear issue with balls over the top stumping premier league defenders time after time (This was also in the previous patch of the ME but has turned up in frequency); SI will probably just reduce the likelihood of an attacking player trying that ball rather than make defenders better at dealing with them which is probably more complicated.  Nothing wrong with players trying it a lot, but they should be punished because 9 times out of 10 we expect premier league defenders to be able to clear those all day.  The problem with OP dribbling- again, nothing wrong with players trying it a lot but they were getting away without any consequences because defenders had no way to deal with it.  Defensive movement feels unintelligent in general.  My high phyiscal defenders do not boss around small solo strikers as much as I feel should happen, which should then be forcing the opposition to try other routes into my box.  Defending against an attack always feels lucky and scrappy rather than confident and comfortable.

I don't actually know if defending against dribbling is fixed now or not (haven't played enough games).

Check out the kinds of goals scored in this Newcastle 6 - 5 Everton game I attached (this is on the new patch).  Some of them are identical balls over the top through the same players.

Newcastle v Everton.pkm 169.12 kB · 0 downloads

+1

I don't understand how some people believe that the defense is much improved, and how it was flawed in FM 17. There are flaws in every ME, and 17 had it's own flaws. However, the entire defense and midfield just packing up the middle doesn't mean better defending AI. From where I am standing the defenses AND the counter attacking got so much worse in the last two versions, the only thing the weaker teams do is to pack the box and try to defend the neverending cross fest. 

The new tactical tools that were first introduced with FM 19 are just brilliant, but I am afraid it broke the ME maybe because it became too sophisticated for the AI to handle?

Edited by bleventozturk

Played about 20 games now and can confirm what I already thought after 3 games. 1 on 1s have gone from something that seemed reasonably okay on the old ME to just totally and utterly broken now. There is a less than 10% chance of scoring seemingly. 

The most common commentary is something along the lines of "that was easier to score than miss", "how has he missed that" repeat 4 or 5 times each game combined for both teams. 

When you throw in half chances you are probably looking at something like 10-15 chances being missed. 

Every game has 30 to 40 shots too. 

At least player ratings and club vision seem to have been fixed at least. 

After playing some more games I'm just going to shelve FM20 for now I think.  If it was possible to refund it I would; I'm certainly not buying next years edition until well after release.  On top of my other issues and because of the way the ME weighs certain stats players who are average or even a bit naff in real life are absolute gods in this game.  Notably several players in Bournemouth and Crystal Palace sides.  I can go from thrashing Arsenal 6-1 in my first season as Newcastle to losing 5-0 against Bournemouth with barely a shot on goal with the same tactic.  It is principally unfun to play because even when I can identify a player that is going to cause trouble for my side, there is nothing I can do about it.  Coming up against fast players like Zaha?  If I press higher up the pitch he'll have plenty of balls over the top to run on to.  If I mark him tightly he gets away because of his speed almost every time.  If I close him down and press he just dribbles through my players and is through again.  If I play a lower defensive line he still gets behind by a combination of balls over the top or just dribbling around my players as they stand and watch.  There is no setting in the game to mitigate certain types of players because the defensive phase of play cannot keep up, respond to or even anticipate attacks.

Scores are artificially kept low by making shooting terrible, or making players do completely unforced errors such as passing sideways directly to the feet of an opposing player in order to keep turning over play.

Edited by Rakosi

7 hours ago, pezza00 said:

The beauty about Football is the emotional aspect of the game which all FM editions have surprisingly lacked.  When you play against the computer your team rarely manages to turn around results.  Once you go down 2-0 you can forget about coming back to a 2-2 or even more so, winning 3-2, 4-2...  Happens plenty of times against your team though. 

One of the best things in Football are last minute/additional time goals in close matches.  In all these years of FM I don't think my team has ever scored past the 90th minute.  Happened against me a few times though, especially when my team were the underdogs and were winning.  Funny how the developers have never been made aware this actually happens a lot in real football games because players start getting tired after the 70th minute and they're not as reactive as they were earlier in the game. 

Another thing are the lopsided amount of goal conversions per chances. Doesn't matter how good your forwards are, the computer seems to always have teams that can convert fewer chances into goals which also means your team rarely wins matches when it's the underdog while the team the computer manages does get this benefit.  FM20 has actually shown improvements compared to previous additions but the ratio is still lopsided in the computers favor.

There are so many hilarious claims and false 'allegations' in this post, it's unbelievable.

For the starters there is nothing in the game that prevents you from making combacks. People do that all the time in FM. 

Secondly, many people routinely beat AI with just 2-3 shots on goal whole game. So many examples have been posted here.

Don't blame the game for your own incompetence. FM have many areas to improve but what you have described is not one of them. And the language you have used to describe your incompetence gives the impression that you aren't actually capable of understanding how tactics and other mechanisms work in the game.

The menu item, current from the stages does not work anymore, I do not see the other leagues anymore. Can that still be confirmed.
otherwise, I still notice a few things. For example, long balls in the nowhere out, too many long balls, continue as I find too many yellow cards, especially at the beginning. I notice that.

Edited by f00g

3 hours ago, pezza00 said:

I suppose, since others are saying it does happen for them, it must be me.  Maybe I don't have the Pep Guardiola cyber skills the others have.

You are absolutely correct. This game is not for you. 

3 hours ago, Rashidi said:

It lacks personality , I have now had a few games where the AI has something like 5 CCCs vs my 1 and I have won the game by more than 2 goals. If the AI could offer feedback for FM20 it surely would ask for a new match engine where it fails to convert its ccc.  We need to hear from the AI, if only it had a voice too,

I don't like CCCs, everything else is spot on. :D 

On FM 16ish I had consistently tonked the AI aggressive top togs with Leicester counter attacking Football, despite them having a shot advatnage Ratio of 3:1 3-1, highlight being a 4-1 at City with them having over 30 shots versus our 10. Mind you, that was helped by the AI not properly protecting its attacking Corners on that release, but that is exactly the Point: The CCC just does not pick up on stuff like that (and never will). :D  On the level of stats the game offers the only thing you may have "guessed" what was going on was the ratio of our shots to shots on target. Often times 80% of your shots were on target, like 8 out of 10, whereas the AI's barely half of them. 

In last year's WOrld CUP, nobody would have considered Germany as having played well (with 24 by far most shots average in all of the Competition). Likewise, nobody would have argued France had won purely by "Luck" (at 11 barely half of the shots average Germany had, and not much of a shot Domination in General). Yet on FM, this is what's consistently Happening, and the expectation. Makesyouthink. 

Edited by Svenc

Played 2 games last night, one with Bayern and one with Genk. 

- The striker roles do now appear to change how they play. Complete Forward now plays much more as expected.

- Wing backs/full backs aren’t as aggressive, and aren’t ball magnets. But find they maybe went too far the other way, not involved as much. Could be tactical settings though.

- Lots and lots of wasted pass attempts. Pass into space seems to encourage some terrible pass attempts.

- Didn’t have any shots into side netting, but did have winger get to byline and just wait to be tackled when passing options open.

- Noticed on more than one occasion ball would be in play and no one would react to it other than one player, and not even the closest player.

- I’m convinced there is an issue with Bayern either some hidden attributes of the players or reputation is a bit broken meaning other teams play very weird vs them.

All in all not too sure about the update I know only a couple of games, but that’s what I’ve noticed.

13 minutes ago, craiigman said:

- I’m convinced there is an issue with Bayern either some hidden attributes of the players or reputation is a bit broken meaning other teams play very weird vs them.

Do they finally attack them now, in particular on away days? Because the tactical Scenarios for top Teams in-game are oft far more one-dimensional than they are in Football. The big dogs would oft tend to face Opposition that would just dig itself in, purely focused on making it harder to score ; and pray to score off a set piece, counter or ME bug individual error. This would lead to -- shots wise -- very one dimensional final match stats in itself. In particular considering the frequency before, even with tactics apt at breaking down massed defenses, it's only a matter of time until the AI then would "luck out". Not Happening for Bayern, in particular not this term. Mind you, during the heydays of Pep, Things used to look a Little different.

https://1xbet.whoscored.com/Matches/1388216/MatchReport/Germany-Bundesliga-2019-2020-Fortuna-Duesseldorf-Bayern-Munich
https://1xbet.whoscored.com/Matches/1388206/MatchReport/Germany-Bundesliga-2019-2020-Eintracht-Frankfurt-Bayern-Munich
https://1xbet.whoscored.com/Matches/1388152/MatchReport/Germany-Bundesliga-2019-2020-Schalke-04-Bayern-Munich
https://1xbet.whoscored.com/Matches/1388231/MatchReport/Germany-Bundesliga-2019-2020-Bayern-Munich-Hoffenheim

The root cause of this, as you argued, was naturally that AI react to much to Team reputations, as opposed to perceived Opposition weakness. During Pep's reign, everybody realized that they'd better shut up shop and hope for the best. This Season... not so much, as everybody realized Bayern have become far more vulnerable at the back. https://statsbomb.com/2019/10/bayern-munichs-injury-woes-will-test-an-already-suspect-defense/ As a result, at some Point in the 2015 Campaign, even if all SOT on target against Neuer had been a Goal, Bayern would have still been top of the league. :D 

Edited by Svenc

1 ora fa, craiigman ha scritto:

- The striker roles do now appear to change how they play. Complete Forward now plays much more as expected.

That. Great 

I always use Complete Forward (att) and now (i played 6 games) he seems to be the total player he should be. 

My striker is involved in almost all attacking phase, like the brazilian Ronaldo at Inter/WC98. (With more assist and less goals).

Others things:

-he seems to me there are too many goals from set pieces (like the first me in fm19), but 6 games is a little period to evaluate.

-CCC (and half) are much more. But at now i don't know if they are actually more or if the ME count them in a different way.

- i play with attacking+High defensive line in Hungary. So i cannot say for sure if the balls over defensive line Is an issue or not. But i have to say that defensors have to follow better the strikers (so that also the 1vs1 will seems more hard to score while now It seems more hard to missing and that is reason of the complains about It)

2 hours ago, pats said:

So according to you:

Everything you said after this was a deliberately inaccurate summary of my feedback, and not very useful to me.  If I'm wrong in my observations it's better for everyone that you tell me how I am wrong.  You don't need to rephrase what I said for anyone else's benefit; I'm confident everyone here can read.  Read my post again; I meant exactly what I said in the context of the greater points I was making.  Do you know what a strawman is?

Are you upset at this thread?  Your replies to other posters have been a bit vitriolic.  I've provided replays to highlight the strange behaviour I've noticed while playing throughout this thread and I am not bad faith posting because I'm angry at a video game or whatever you might be imagining.

43 minutes ago, Rakosi said:

Everything you said after this was a deliberately inaccurate summary of my feedback, and not very useful to me.  If I'm wrong in my observations it's better for everyone that you tell me how I am wrong.  You don't need to rephrase what I said for anyone else's benefit; I'm confident everyone here can read.  Read my post again; I meant exactly what I said in the context of the greater points I was making.  Do you know what a strawman is?

Are you upset at this thread?  Your replies to other posters have been a bit vitriolic.  I've provided replays to highlight the strange behaviour I've noticed while playing throughout this thread and I am not bad faith posting because I'm angry at a video game or whatever you might be imagining.

Ok, Let's see.

You said-

"Scores are artificially kept low by making shooting terrible, or making players do completely unforced errors such as passing sideways directly to the feet of an opposing player in order to keep turning over play."

The above is completely baseless and false 'allegation' without any proof. Just because you are frustrated at your own incompetency, doesn't mean you can go and accuse the game of cheating.

Your players can't score? Great. Let's go and accuse the game that it does this to "artificially" keep the scores low.

Your players misplace passes? Great. Let's go and accuse the game that it does this deliberately to turn over the possession.

Btw, I just played a game where I had 92% pass accuracy. I would say that is may be too accurate.

You said-

"I can go from thrashing Arsenal 6-1 in my first season as Newcastle to losing 5-0 against Bournemouth with barely a shot on goal with the same tactic."

So just because Emery was naive to get thrashed 6-1 against you, Bruce should do the same? How dare the AI completely shut me down. It should just give up and shouldn't make you change your tactics just to please you?

You said-

" There is no setting in the game to mitigate certain types of players because the defensive phase of play cannot keep up, respond to or even anticipate attacks."

Of couse there isn't a "setting". You have to be logical and adjust your tactics to keep a fast player in check sometimes. If your defense is not capable of dealing with fast players, it's either your defenders are not compatible enough or it's simply your incompetence again. Most likely the later.

Edited by pats

Well, having played around six games on the new update, having gone back to the full game to test it, I can honestly say I really don't see much of a difference. But then I never thought there was much wrong with it in the first place. And I know that's not much of a test, so I'll post a better update further down the road. 

One thing I did notice was long shots creeping up again. I made the same point after the last update, and thankfully was just an anomaly in the first few games I saw. My matches haven't seen any out of the ordinary, but I noticed an AI vs AI match in my league finished 8-2 to the home side, so checked on the goals, and five of the ten goals scored were world class thunderbolts from 20+ yards...and this in the Vanarama North league. Again, I'm hoping this is just an anomaly, but it was one of the many things that plagued the very first beta build. 

Other than that though, game is still great. I'm still on my initial beta save (managed to get through a buggy patch), so I'm not sure if there's any difference to this or a new save. Might start a new save soon. 

I still think this is the best match engine in the series so far, a massive upgrade on the last two editions. 

Oh, I see that morale is still the most important thing.

First 22 matches of the season: 1 loss. Morale is great. 11 clean sheets at this point.

Game 23. I am number 1 facing number 2 in the league away. Lose 2-1. Decent. I can live with that.

Oh no...what's that?!

Morale is completely shattered.

Win none of last 6 games. No clean sheets.

Finish 4th.

Get sacked.

11/10 would play again.

EDIT: My team was not overperforming. We were the best team in the league, and were big favourites to win it.

Edited by Mr_Demus

To be honest, in real life, 1v1s aren't as cut and dry as they are in FM. There's hardly ever a long ball over the top for strikers to calm their nerves and hit the target. It happens(See Rashford vs Tottenham in Solskjaer's first few games), but it doesn't happen often. 

In reality, most 1v1s are created through quick passing movement with the striker being in on goal, however with very little time to adjust or position themselves and get their technique right. Here it's all about quick thinking and reactions. Harry Kane is an example of someone incredibly adept at scoring these, but in the hands of a Lukaku you wouldn't see it being scored. 

Most goals are made through space creation and stretching the defence. Something you don't see in FM20. See Messi's goal vs Atletico on the weekend, where the option to pass to Griezmann who was in miles of space(Messi to Griezmann? Bwahahahaha never!), but instead Messi's driving run and Suarez dropping into the defenders left a gap open for Messi to run into and score. Was a fairly smart and adept goal. It wasn't a long shot, but merely a well placed left foot finish. 

We see City doing this all the time. Playing the ball in and around the box, wide players creating overloads for passing options until someone gets in to score. 

Now look at Man United, who have no movement and no creativity in midfield. Even if they did have creativity, they wouldn't score, as there is minimal movement under pressure from the front 3. Once they're in the final third, everything goes wide, and sideways as there's no options in front otherwise, and eventually a cross is looped in to nobody. That's probably more what we see in FM20. Complete lack of movement to generate space and chances. 

1v1s should barely happen, so expecting them to on every occasion is a bit much. 

I just want some good football. That's literally all I want. 

Okay just played first game after update - had 3 clear one one ones saved so I'll reserve judgment on that for now :D but noticed the crossing and non shots into thr side netting, so that's my main gripe done away with. Hopefully that super-keeper/poor finishing will be just this game...

2 hours ago, Svenc said:

Do they finally attack them now, in particular on away days? Because the tactical Scenarios for top Teams in-game are oft far more one-dimensional than they are in Football. The big dogs would oft tend to face Opposition that would just dig itself in, purely focused on making it harder to score ; and pray to score off a set piece, counter or ME bug individual error. This would lead to -- shots wise -- very one dimensional final match stats in itself. In particular considering the frequency before, even with tactics apt at breaking down massed defenses, it's only a matter of time until the AI then would "luck out". Not Happening for Bayern, in particular not this term. Mind you, during the heydays of Pep, Things used to look a Little different.

https://1xbet.whoscored.com/Matches/1388216/MatchReport/Germany-Bundesliga-2019-2020-Fortuna-Duesseldorf-Bayern-Munich
https://1xbet.whoscored.com/Matches/1388206/MatchReport/Germany-Bundesliga-2019-2020-Eintracht-Frankfurt-Bayern-Munich
https://1xbet.whoscored.com/Matches/1388152/MatchReport/Germany-Bundesliga-2019-2020-Schalke-04-Bayern-Munich
https://1xbet.whoscored.com/Matches/1388231/MatchReport/Germany-Bundesliga-2019-2020-Bayern-Munich-Hoffenheim

The root cause of this, as you argued, was naturally that AI react to much to Team reputations, as opposed to perceived Opposition weakness. During Pep's reign, everybody realized that they'd better shut up shop and hope for the best. This Season... not so much, as everybody realized Bayern have become far more vulnerable at the back. https://statsbomb.com/2019/10/bayern-munichs-injury-woes-will-test-an-already-suspect-defense/ As a result, at some Point in the 2015 Campaign, even if all SOT on target against Neuer had been a Goal, Bayern would have still been top of the league. :D 

stats from the game:

KtHkTLF.png

didn't feel like they really attacked any more than before patch, but they did pump it forward more. Just seems like the Bayern players cant really be bothered if that makes any sense. 

1 minute ago, Rayban_DK said:

What's wrong with you? If you have nothing constructive to say to people, just don't comment. We don't need that kind of passive-aggressive attitude in a thread dedicated to constructive feed-back on the game.

And the post I was replying to was constructive criticism? 

Have to say, I was enjoying the game before the patch and I'm enjoying it after the patch. I personally think that by ignoring most of the negative comments on here and remembering that it's only a PC game (I've never played one that is perfect) the game's fine. Also, at £40 for a year it's a very cheap hobby.

Meanwhile in the real world my U15s team (I've coached since U10s) is falling apart. Promoted last season and they're finding the step-up really though. Combine that with the fact that half the team have become largely apathetic and the other half gobby teenagers - then the 'problems' of FM20 are incredibly small and an almost welcome welcome distraction after another defeat that has taken me 50 minutes to drive to.

If it's any consolation, my U15s team also have a shocking 1v1 conversion rate. 

40 minutes ago, Mr_Demus said:

Oh, I see that morale is still the most important thing.

First 22 matches of the season: 1 loss. Morale is great. 11 clean sheets at this point.

Game 23. I am number 1 facing number 2 in the league away. Lose 2-1. Decent. I can live with that.

Oh no...what's that?!

Morale is completely shattered.

Win none of last 6 games. No clean sheets.

Finish 4th.

Get sacked.

11/10 would play again.

What this tells me is your man management skills are perhaps lacking. Or your team are bottlers. 

Also, I'd be very surprised if the morale was 'completely shattered' after one loss. However, if that was the case, you'll have no issues uploading the save and posting in the bugs forum. 

Fundamentally though, and I can't believe people who claim to watch real football need to be told this, the morale of a player or team can absolutely have a huge effect on performances. There are countless examples of this in real life. Man managing players is every bit as important as getting the right tactics. Especially in the modern game. 

1 minute ago, Lempicka said:

Have to say, I was enjoying the game before the patch and I'm enjoying it after the patch. I personally think that by ignoring most of the negative comments on here and remembering that it's only a PC game (I've never played one that is perfect) the game's fine. Also, at £40 for a year it's a very cheap hobby.

Meanwhile in the real world my U15s team (I've coached since U10s) is falling apart. Promoted last season and they're finding the step-up really though. Combine that with the fact that half the team have become largely apathetic and the other half gobby teenagers - then the 'problems' of FM20 are incredibly small and an almost welcome welcome distraction after another defeat that has taken me 50 minutes to drive to.

That's nice, but honestly if everyone thought in that way the game would never improve. So the negative comments are indeed well needed.

Edited by hazzabish

22 minutes ago, Lempicka said:

haha sounds like what I had when I coached. Under 11's we won the league, they all got a bit cocky at under 12 and in a higher division things didn't go too well.

14 minutes ago, Jack Joyce said:

We did make some changes to the way teams set up against larger sides yes. Too often they were going 'very defensive' mentality for 70-80 mins of the game which was a bit too extreme and led to a lot of 30-40 shot games for the bigger side. You should find that smaller teams will play a bit more realistically now with a plan to catch you on the counter. This will largely in part be driven by the AI manager's attacking attribute, but e.g. i've seen a match here where Bournemouth play on 'Balanced' at home to Arsenal which is something that wouldn't have happened before.

This sounds great :thup: 

Just watching AI games & this seems to be a problem, little balls pumped over the defensive line for an easy 1 on 1

Leicester 0-5 Watford here, Watford score from 2 of them & Leicester (Vardy) misses 2 

Fullbacks (Wingbacks?) still seem nuts, in a game I watched last night, Luke Shaw scored two identical goals in picking the ball up on the corner of the box & blasting a rocket into the far corner. He wasn't the only one doing that either 

Leicester v Watford.pkm

21 minutes ago, Jack Joyce said:

We did make some changes to the way teams set up against larger sides yes. Too often they were going 'very defensive' mentality for 70-80 mins of the game which was a bit too extreme and led to a lot of 30-40 shot games for the bigger side. You should find that smaller teams will play a bit more realistically now with a plan to catch you on the counter. This will largely in part be driven by the AI manager's attacking attribute, but e.g. i've seen a match here where Bournemouth play on 'Balanced' at home to Arsenal which is something that wouldn't have happened before.

Having said that, if you see any issues with the way AI teams are setting up then start a thread on the AI forums and we'll have a look as there may be some cases we haven't seen yet (there's millions of possible match scenarios).

I'm sure lesser teams will have more chances now also it might help matches not being so one dimensional. I really don't think any team in same division should start match so negative. Maybe it's time to ditch mentality once and for all?

5 minutes ago, Johnny Ace said:

Just watching AI games & this seems to be a problem, little balls pumped over the defensive line for an easy 1 on 1

Leicester 0-5 Watford here, Watford score from 2 of them & Leicester (Vardy) misses 2 

Fullbacks (Wingbacks?) still seem nuts, in a game I watched last night, Luke Shaw scored two identical goals in picking the ball up on the corner of the box & blasting a rocket into the far corner. He wasn't the only one doing that either 

Leicester v Watford.pkm 71.41 kB · 1 download

I'm noticing a lot of balls over the top for both teams, too. But this was the case before the update, too.

1 hour ago, pats said:

Your players misplace passes? Great. Let's go and accuse the game that it does this deliberately to turn over the possession.

so you're saying the game is programmed for 100% pass success or how do you think possession turns over then