Football Manager 2020 Feedback Thread

9 minutes ago, FrazT said:

I would assume that the fix was applied to FM Touch-check the game version as the latest one is 20.1.4

Ref penalties- the fix was applied to referees and their penalty decision making, so had no impact on the players or their abilities to score/miss penalties

I'll raise a bug then as I've had 13 penalties across 8 friendlies and the community shield game, which also then ended in a penalty shoot out and the conversion rate is poor (50%), from top penalty takers at top clubs.

• Replies 8.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

7 minutes ago, CaptainPlanet said:

I'll raise a bug then as I've had 13 penalties across 8 friendlies and the community shield game, which also then ended in a penalty shoot out and the conversion rate is poor (50%), from top penalty takers at top clubs.

I suspect that the Devs will look at stats over a full season and not draw too many conclusions from friendlies and a small sample, but feel free

So, I just scored this goal..

Millot, my WM(A), wins the duel against his opponent and immediately puts it into space on the right wing for my AF, Symons, who picks it up. Symons then skins his opponent, gets to the byline and pulls it back for the oncoming IW(S) to tap it into the back of the net. Lovely stuff!

If only I could access my youtube channel but I keep getting a message that I can't. :(

20191122120008_1.thumb.jpg.48cf8b1a7a1c58960edf1ec8259b354d.jpg20191122120017_1.thumb.jpg.075181b9f97e3e2fcb2ecb39070996d9.jpg20191122120023_1.thumb.jpg.55135fc34399ce7e467b44d1bf54c4b5.jpg

Edited by KlaaZ

33 minutes ago, KlaaZ said:

Millot, my WM(A), wins the duel against his opponent and immediately puts it into space on the right wing for my AF, Symons, who picks it up. Symons then skins his opponent, gets to the byline and pulls it back for the oncoming IW(S) to tap it into the back of the net. Lovely stuff!

If only I could access my youtube channel but I keep getting a message that I can't. :(

20191122120008_1.thumb.jpg.48cf8b1a7a1c58960edf1ec8259b354d.jpg20191122120017_1.thumb.jpg.075181b9f97e3e2fcb2ecb39070996d9.jpg20191122120023_1.thumb.jpg.55135fc34399ce7e467b44d1bf54c4b5.jpg

Lovely goal and nice to see the player not blasting it into the side netting.

I'm really enjoying IW's in FM20. Shame I can't get my forward more involved though.

8 minutes ago, corn_onthecurb said:

Can someone who has gone past the January window please post the finances of Real Madrid and Barca? 

They're both over £50m in the red and it seems very odd. I want to know if it's unique to my save

How much have they spent in the last two transfer windows?

7 minutes ago, corn_onthecurb said:

Anyone? 

In my third season now and both still listed as rich. I created a new manager to check out Barça's in detail and they're about 50M in the green. Keep in mind that clubs generally run a deficit during the season as the big money (prize money, tv money, sponsorship) usually only comes in at the start and end.

57 minutes ago, KlaaZ said:

I'm the same, it logged me out of Youtube & I can't get back in

I think from deep, the play is more or less fine, you see some really good play regardless of some terrible player choices 

The problem seems to be in final third when there's bodies in & around the box, play just seems to clog up with a lack of movement in the danger zones. Most of the time if play isn't turned over, it either ends up cleared to just outside the box for a centre mid to hammer home, a tap-in after a penalty box scramble or a set piece. 

I'm simming a full season, just out of interest, Adam Webster was the Prem League top scorer after two games after a hattrick of headers from corners & at 1st January, Aguerro is the top scorer with 12 in 19 with 5 of those being penalties, Aubameyang with 10 in 19 playing wide left & Jordan Ayew with 9 in 18

Kane's on 7 in 20 with one pen, Vardy & Abraham aren't even on the top 20 scorers list 

Edited by Johnny Ace

2 minutes ago, Johnny Ace said:

I'm simming a full season, just out of interest, Adam Webster was the Prem League top scorer after two games after a hattrick of headers from corners & at 1st January, Aguerro is the top scorer with 12 in 19 with 5 of those being penalties, Aubameyang with 10 in 19 playing wide left & jordan Ayew with 9 in 18

Kane's on 7 in 20 with one pen, Vardy & Abraham aren't even on the top 20 scorers list 

Yeah only 3 out of the top 14 goalscorers in my season are strikers, the rest are midfielders or left wingers.

29 minutes ago, KlaaZ said:

In my third season now and both still listed as rich. I created a new manager to check out Barça's in detail and they're about 50M in the green. Keep in mind that clubs generally run a deficit during the season as the big money (prize money, tv money, sponsorship) usually only comes in at the start and end.

Very good point. Thanks for the info 

9 minutes ago, CaptainPlanet said:

Yeah only 3 out of the top 14 goalscorers in my season are strikers, the rest are midfielders or left wingers.

I'm the same. At first it thought it was because my forward couldn't hit a cows backside with a banjo, but it seems to be the norm in my save for most teams.

I'm making plenty of chances and scoring as well, but most unless I set my forward as a TM and get more balls into the box - he's just not getting involved.

1 minute ago, corn_onthecurb said:

Very good point. Thanks for the info 

No worries. For the record, in previous versions most Spanish clubs tended to get into financial problems sooner or later. I think it's better now because the sponsorship contracts seem a lot higher, which compensates for their losses.

2 minutes ago, rain94 said:

Is anyone else still having PK issues after the hotfix? 9 PK's in past 5 games so far in my games in the Bundesliga 3.

No, not really, seeing normal amounts & not seeing that many misses either, all seems cool on the penalty front in Johnny Ace World 

14 hours ago, FrazT said:

The reserves and youth teams are under the development tab- if you take charge of either of the teams or their training, they will show up in the left hand pane.

Thank you though this merely requires more clicks to get to where I want.  Not sure why this changed when it wasn't needed.

5 minutes ago, Boss said:

Can someone please answer this for me?

Thanks

No idea what problem you were referring to regarding club vision, but the hotfixes were only designed to fix the penalty bug and the determination bug (which you can see in the change logs attached to the fixes). 

48 minutes ago, rain94 said:

Is anyone else still having PK issues after the hotfix? 9 PK's in past 5 games so far in my games in the Bundesliga 3.

Not really, in 4 friendlies and 2 league games no penalties at all so far.

Hi,

So I see a lot of negativity in these forums and just want to submit a different kinda post. That's right, a praising Football Manager 2020 post!

The Match Engine has improved dramatically this year. Instructions you give to players are being followed correctly eg. I am now seeing through balls from the midfield being executed with perfection after I instructed them to 'take more risks'.

Anyway, thank you SI and FM for giving us an awesome game this year.

What are everybody else's thoughts?

Thanks,

LDP

Edited by LDP
Correction

2 hours ago, CaptainPlanet said:

Just had my first penalty shoot out this season in Round 1 of the Carabao Cup. I played mainly my fringe players and u23s and there were 11 scored out of 14. 

I agree, I’m really enjoying the game a lot this year. The ME is getting better and better. 

I also really like the UI and everything just seems a lot smoother. 

There’s also a lot of little things I like, such as, a player accepted to come play for me cos of my league position and didn’t automatically go to another club cos they are already in Europe.. I haven’t picked up FM since FM18 so I’m enjoying a lot of nice little touches like this, I’m pretty sure I’d never have stood a chance for the player in FM18. 

I’m really struggling to find anything to complain about in the game and I’m enjoying getting to grips with it all. 

Excellent job to the developers 👍👍👍👍

I’m really enjoying the game but I am definitely seeing too low an amount of through ball ATTEMPTS. I don’t care if they don’t work often, they shouldn’t, but very few attempts. Maybe it’s a way to keep the goals per game done for the ME.

I am also seeing a few too many long shot goals too. 

My wingers tend to not want to stay out wide whatever I tell them. They cut in so that wingbacks can fly but I’ve not played with tactics enough - could be things like overlapping instructions causing it.

Most importantly maybe, the number of shots per game is too high. Yes I’m United but that doesn’t mean I should hit 40-50 shots at goal against every poorer side I play. Seems totally fine against evenly matched teams. Possession in these games also at 70%+ levels. 

7 minutes ago, LDP said:

Hi,

So I see a lot of negativity in these forums and just want to submit a different kinda post. That's right, a praising Football Manager 2020 post!

The Match Engine has improved dramatically this year. Instructions you give to players are being followed correctly eg. I am now seeing through balls from the midfield being executed with perfection after I instructed them to 'take more risks'.

Thanks,

LDP

I agree. Really enjoying the game this year. 

After playing a few months on a new save, I can say the match engine is in the best state it was since I started playing the FM series in 2014. The only problem I noticed is the occurrence of shots from the byline, though I prefer seeing the wide shots than the blocked crosses from FM19. Keep up the good work. 

If you manage to fix that, I'll get a tattoo of SI logo.

1 hour ago, luka_ said:

Is the game going too slow if it's 3 stars performance? Would like to load more leagues but I have always only load so my performance is at least 4 star ..Is it big difference in speed?

I used to play FM on my old MacBook on 1 star with loads of leagues loaded, and it worked just fine.

To add to the positive posts, I am really enjoying the game too. I think the ME is very good. 
The features I bemoaned before the release as minor have really added to my game experience. 

I think you can see SI really trying to polish the game off as a whole. 

I really like the Club Vision and didn't think it would add much to my game experience but it has. 

Also the contract "squad status" feature has made it easier to manage players. Signing a young striker and him knowing he will only be used as a "Fringe player" has been good. 

8 minutes ago, styluz05 said:

To add to the positive posts, I am really enjoying the game too. I think the ME is very good. 
The features I bemoaned before the release as minor have really added to my game experience. 

I think you can see SI really trying to polish the game off as a whole. 

I really like the Club Vision and didn't think it would add much to my game experience but it has. 

Also the contract "squad status" feature has made it easier to manage players. Signing a young striker and him knowing he will only be used as a "Fringe player" has been good. 

To counter this point, I dislike that when negotiating with players they often demand to be more involved in future years. I signed someone who was happy to be a squad player in his first season, in the 2nd wanted to be first team, and 3rd wanted to be a key player. 

I guess that can be a real life situation but I wasn't able to negotiate and have him as a squad player for 2 years then first team etc. 

I guess when I get further into the save I'll find out if he is unhappy with still being treated as a squad player. 

It's only a minor thing and might not even be that important but it still seemed a bit strange. 

1 hour ago, LDP said:

Hi,

Thanks,

I'm rarely seeing through balls in my game most Goals come from wing play or set pieces also seeing a load of rebound goals I agree though it's improving from 2019 still think a few improvement are needed especially in the attacking positions 

One thing I'm getting from this years release is a bizarre amount of inconsistency against certain teams.  Beat Barcelona 3-0 as Newcastle in the Champions League using a possession based tactic, next week get thrashed 3-1 by a Championship team in the League Cup.  I still won the possession battle (just!) but they had like 30 shots and 15 on target compared to my 12 shots with 3 on target.  I'm beating teams like Spurs and Man Utd regularly, and drawing or playing a spirited loss against Man City and Liverpool.  

It's not just the championship team; this year certain teams are just destroying me every single game as if my players have forgotten how to play.  West Ham, Bournemouth, Crystal Palace.  Their pressing just seems to be an order of magnitude more skilled and more eager and more successful than anything I can get my more skilled players to do.  I really have no idea what is going on, compared to FM19 where I could generally tell why I wasn't performing against a team.  This year certain teams just feel like they have an invisible stat boost sometimes.

EDIT: And AML/R's shooting into the side of the net at the byline absolutely needs to be fixed.  It happens about 4-6 times a game for me, without fail.  Dribbling in general seems a little overtuned in my opinion because if they fixed the wingers to cutback passes to the strikers instead of shooting we'd end up with games with silly final scores because of how often and how easily skilled dribblers can break from a corner and run all the way up the pitch, skin the last two defenders and slam the ball into the side netting.  Defending (esp. against dribbling and anyone with any pace at all) and shooting seem a little bit weak right now leading to a lot of frustration when watching the ME.

Edited by Rakosi