players getting fat

Hello guys, is weight just a cosmetic or does it influence players somehow? I recently noticed that my players are getting fat. I am playing fm19 with some wonderkids database and almost every player from my academy is getting overweight. I remembered weight of one player to see if it's actually happening or is it just my head going crazy and it actually happened. One of my players went from 75 kg to 78 kg. I used in-game editor to experiment and changed weight of second player to 70 kg, time passes (not sure if weeks or months) and now he is 78 kg.

Does weight influence players somehow or is it just cosmetic? How to make players lose weight?

You know I’ve actually always wondered this, and am shocked it’s already not a bigger feature. Managers like marcelino, conte, simeone all have really intense fitness regimens and standards to whip players into peak shape, and I would want nothing more than somehow become recognized for coming to a club and turning them into an absolute beast of a team fitness wise. I do a lot of physical training anyways to try to improve stamina but probably not the same 

Adding weight isn't the same as adding fat though. Muscles tissue is actually denser and thus heavies that fatty tissue, it could very well be they're becoming stronger. Since they're kids they might also still grow a little. have you checked whether they increase din height as well?

What would be more of a concern is how weight combines with other attributes such as height, acceleration or agility.  Having a 100kg player who is 1.5m tall with the acceleration and agility of Hazard (to use an exaggerated example) would probably be something to feed in as a bug report.

It's never just about a single attribute :thup:.

• SI Staff

Weight is loosely linked to Strength.

Players can put on weight over the off-season, which can then be worked off during pre-season.

As young players grow, they will gain both height and weight.

18 hours ago, Seb Wassell said:

Weight is loosely linked to Strength.

Players can put on weight over the off-season, which can then be worked off during pre-season.

As young players grow, they will gain both height and weight.

That's not how I remember Tomas Brolin developing in real life.

On 18/11/2019 at 11:57, herne79 said:

What would be more of a concern is how weight combines with other attributes such as height, acceleration or agility.  Having a 100kg player who is 1.5m tall with the acceleration and agility of Hazard (to use an exaggerated example) would probably be something to feed in as a bug report.

It's never just about a single attribute :thup:.

Rugby Manager 2020?  ;)