[FM20] Manchester United: Falling Giant...

stevemc

1 minute ago, Powello said:

Interesting thought, but seriously, I'm only having one game with it, unless it somehow turns out to be a diablo haha

Carrying on with my abundance of cms I am actually looking to sign Cavaniga(however you spell his name) in the summer as well haha, but I will be getting rid of Arthur, he would have gone on deadline day in january but the paperwork didn't go through in time

Yeah I can’t see it being overly effective in the long run......watch as Mbappe bangs in 7 and you dominate possession at like +80% or something ridiculous like that.

I did look at Cavaniga but I’ve got a soft spot for Florentino Luis from the last 2 games so I went with him, although he’s now second choice behind Frenkie De Jong

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

11 minutes ago, Zeonflux said:

Yeah I can’t see it being overly effective in the long run......watch as Mbappe bangs in 7 and you dominate possession at like +80% or something ridiculous like that.

I did look at Cavaniga but I’ve got a soft spot for Florentino Luis from the last 2 games so I went with him, although he’s now second choice behind Frenkie De Jong

I have been considering all 3 but look at him now. Imagine him and Tonali infront of the back 4, damn not many people are getting through

Z43QlYE.jpg

Edited by Powello

21 minutes ago, Powello said:

I have been considering all 3 but look at him now. Imagine him and Tonali infront of the back 4, damn not many people are getting through

Z43QlYE.jpg

Damn the boy is good. I would have got Tonali but I had him on the original database and so I didn’t want to be using the exact same players plus this is more of a homegrown save so I want to use players I already have rather than bring loads in.

To be fair I’m more than happy that I didn’t buy loads of players as there’s no way I would have used Garner, who I’m very happy with, Hannibal would have never really been getting a look in and Gomes and Axel would have been shipped out so it’s worked out well. Just got to actually win the league now

7 minutes ago, Zeonflux said:

Damn the boy is good. I would have got Tonali but I had him on the original database and so I didn’t want to be using the exact same players plus this is more of a homegrown save so I want to use players I already have rather than bring loads in.

To be fair I’m more than happy that I didn’t buy loads of players as there’s no way I would have used Garner, who I’m very happy with, Hannibal would have never really been getting a look in and Gomes and Axel would have been shipped out so it’s worked out well. Just got to actually win the league now

Yeah fair enough, I want to do a save like that next as well. Garner got a few chances and did well for me but just like Gomes and Axel, their chances were ruined by me bring ing in many players. I still have and use Hannibal though as he is quality. He's the main player in the original squad I am most looking forward to developing when I do a himegrown save in the future

38 minutes ago, Powello said:

Yeah fair enough, I want to do a save like that next as well. Garner got a few chances and did well for me but just like Gomes and Axel, their chances were ruined by me bring ing in many players. I still have and use Hannibal though as he is quality. He's the main player in the original squad I am most looking forward to developing when I do a himegrown save in the future

Yeah Garner is good but I’ve given the youth a real run at the team and they’ve not let me down.

Greenwood was top scorer in the second season, Williams owns the left back slot, Axel was my starting CB partner for Maguire, Hendo has come back as second keeper and has done well. Gomes has played and performed well when needed as a replacement for an injured Bruno and I’ve got a soft spot for Scotty so he won’t be sold

2 hours ago, Powello said:

I might set one up and leave it in the 3 slot so the team get familiar with it and play it in the final game of the season for a laugh, can always switch back to main one if it looks bad

And this is what I came up with HAHAHAHAHAHA

E48x9sv.jpg

How do you think it will get on? :lol: That is likely the players I will use, although I have 6 other players in the squad who could step in lol As I Said, way to many cms ha

Mate, I'd be surprised if your players didn't started running into each other. 

I'd shift to a back 3, with the left and right roles on cover, so that they move to cover the wider areas. So De Ligt would be in the middle. I'd also play Felix as a False Nine and return Mbappe to a wide role, or play 2 up front. Would keep Havertz central, maybe in a Shadow Striking role but not sure. And I'd think to play Bellingham out of position on the left, or another more capable of your midfielders on that side. 

Could also opt for the diamond in midfield. 

Edited by MatthewS17

4 minutes ago, MatthewS17 said:

Mate, I'd be surprised if your players didn't started running into each other. 

I'd shift to a back 3, with the left and right roles on cover, so that they move to cover the wider areas. So De Ligt would be in the middle. I'd also play Felix as a False Nine and return Mbappe to a wide role, or play 2 up front. Would keep Havertz central, maybe in a Shadow Striking role but not sure. And I'd think to play Bellingham out of position on the left, or another more capable of your midfielders on that side. 

Haha, it's not a serious tactic, just for fun to see how many central midfielders I can get on the pitch at one time. I know it will get destroyed out wide. II am literally playing it in one game just for a laugh

Edited by Powello

So on the final day of the season, I faced Bournemouth at home and decided to test out this tactic for a laugh, title was already wonso it was a nothing game really apart from potentially losing my perfect season..... No Pressure then!!!

Well it did a lot better than expected, albeit nothing too exciting

QxBLgtD.jpg

As expected the wide areas were owned by Bournemouth but they really had no answer to the central areas.  They put a lot of crosses in but we handled them easily 

@MatthewS17 you were saying you'd be surprised if the players didn't run into each other? well they didn't, there was actually great movement and some awesome tika taka style passing. There was one move where there were 30+ passes which led to a through ball to Havertz but he couldn't finish it off unfortunatly. 

I think I might play around more with this tactic now after watching this match, yes it was only bournemouth, but I saw something I was liking a lot. I reckon adding what you said about the back 3 will solve the wider issue a little, as a stronger team would have punished a more, but I will remove the false 9 for it as that role didn't seem to work at all as you can see in the screenshot with what it says about felix at the bottom.

The winning goal was nothing to do with the tactic unfotunatly, it was a 35 yard belter of a free kick from Bruno. But there were some promosing signs

What started as just a fun tactic for one game has made me want to explore it more now hahahaha

Edited by Powello

4 hours ago, Powello said:

Not sure whats going on with the Club World Cup, since  we played in it at the end of the 1st or second season, we have won the champions league 3 times or something and it' hasn't been played again, any one know if it's a bug or something?  as it keeps saying I have qualified for it but it never happens.

The club world championship is now every 4 years, as it’s a bigger tournament. 

Should play it again at the end of the 6th season.

@Powello i think we might be onto something here.

I didn't see that you'd already tried it out before hand so this was completely blind but i game it ago in my last 2 preseason friendlies.

So here's how I chose to set up to maximize the number of midfielders but to try and be secure at the back.

20200410182636_1.thumb.jpg.89db44dc0813ebea4dc29d694c94f1da.jpg

I went for a Libero purely because i've never used on before. The DM provides cover in front of the defense and covers for the Libero when he moves forward. The center midfield 3 is the same as on my main tactic only the DLP is set to support rather than defend.

As for the friendlies i used it against Sevilla in my final friendly

20200410190257_1.thumb.jpg.b2268c1310a291183d359f04636f11a2.jpg

As you can see we restricted them to 1 shot throughout the whole match and that was it otherwise we bossed them for the full 90 minutes.

The other friendly i used this for was against the kings of the Bundasliga, Bayern Munich.

20200410182120_1.thumb.jpg.e17e96a072c8240f5eb75c9725aad6c6.jpg 

Smashed 'em, they didn't really have a chance of note mostly long shots and a few chances that were well covered by the defense and the defensive screen.

All in all i'd say that there is definite potential with this tactic.......I might keep it around and use it as a 3rd choice tactic and see how it goes.

20200410182636_1.jpg

@Powello i think we might be onto something here.

I didn't see that you'd already tried it out before hand so this was completely blind but i game it ago in my last 2 preseason friendlies.

So here's how I chose to set up to maximize the number of midfielders but to try and be secure at the back.

20200410182636_1.thumb.jpg.89db44dc0813ebea4dc29d694c94f1da.jpg

I went for a Libero purely because i've never used on before. The DM provides cover in front of the defense and covers for the Libero when he moves forward. The center midfield 3 is the same as on my main tactic only the DLP is set to support rather than defend.

As for the friendlies i used it against Sevilla in my final friendly

20200410190257_1.thumb.jpg.b2268c1310a291183d359f04636f11a2.jpg

As you can see we restricted them to 1 shot throughout the whole match and that was it otherwise we bossed them for the full 90 minutes.

The other friendly i used this for was against the kings of the Bundasliga, Bayern Munich.

20200410182120_1.thumb.jpg.e17e96a072c8240f5eb75c9725aad6c6.jpg 

Smashed 'em, they didn't really have a chance of note mostly long shots and a few chances that were well covered by the defense and the defensive screen.

All in all i'd say that there is definite potential with this tactic.......I might keep it around and use it as a 3rd choice tactic and see how it goes.

20200410182636_1.jpg

Ha that's awesome, although you can't really go by pre season friendlies, but yeah I agree there is potential here. If I were you I would swap brun oand Angel though, Angel is much better further forward and Bruno can play anywhre in midfield, he plays in the middle for me and bosses it.

So I played the FA Cup Final against Liverpool and I decided to use Crazy Train again as I was impressed with a lot from the Bournemouth game and I wanted to see how it could handle a top side with decent wide men and here is the result

2sjsCDm.jpg

I mean, it looked like they battered us with the shot total but they didn't really, most of the efforts were poor and easily saved by Dave. Look at Bruno bossing it :)

Definitely going to play with this and see what I can do. I have the Champions League Final now and not risking it in this game as I want to catch up with Madrid

2 minutes ago, Powello said:

Ha that's awesome, although you can't really go by pre season friendlies, but yeah I agree there is potential here. If I were you I would swap brun oand Angel though, Angel is much better further forward and Bruno can play anywhre in midfield, he plays in the middle for me and bosses it.

So I played the FA Cup Final against Liverpool and I decided to use Crazy Train again as I was impressed with a lot from the Bournemouth game and I wanted to see how it could handle a top side with decent wide men and here is the result

2sjsCDm.jpg

I mean, it looked like they battered us with the shot total but they didn't really, most of the efforts were poor and easily saved by Dave. Look at Bruno bossing it :)

Definitely going to play with this and see what I can do. I have the Champions League Final now and not risking it in this game as I want to catch up with Madrid

Yeah I’m not gonna get too enthusiastic about friendlies but cup games it’s getting looked at.

the squad selection was done by the Ass man due to injuries and what not I didn’t bother choosing my first xi for it.

i agree with you about how good some of the football is and it can make other teams seem more in control of the game than they actually are 

1 minute ago, Zeonflux said:

Yeah I’m not gonna get too enthusiastic about friendlies but cup games it’s getting looked at.

the squad selection was done by the Ass man due to injuries and what not I didn’t bother choosing my first xi for it.

i agree with you about how good some of the football is and it can make other teams seem more in control of the game than they actually are 

How did the AF do by the way? That's one position I'm not sure on. My f9 makes no impact no matter who I pick so I was thinking about AF with runs into channels to open the attack a bit more., that or move him back into the AM slot and put him as a Treq or something, going to have to tinker a bit

Season 23/24 Review

After last season winning all but 1(or 2, can't remember now) in all competitions, it was always going to be tough to beat it again. Unfortunatly we didn't manage to beat it, winning all but 5 games thistime. But those 5 were draws, so still unbeaten. In the league, obviously tou can't improve on a perfect winning season but we repeated it and smashed the goals scored, goal difference and conceding less.... Scoring 140,and conceding just 15 for a goal difference of +125, now I am happy :)

zZyZMRT.jpg

t78rmL3.jpg
NO one seems capable of stopping us so far, but with the new tactic being used a lot next season who the heck knows what's going to happen.

In the cup we won everything, culminating in a 3-1 win against Inter in the Champions legaue final with Greenwood scoring a hat trick. Apparantly I should have the club world cup soon but not sure when as it's the Euros in the summer so I guess around end of the year I'll play that so that will be 7 trophies going fo rnext season.

TOwjvVA.jpg

The players have had a great season and the goals were flying in with 6 players getting into double figure and 5 or so others getting very close. Greenwood scored less than last season but still had a great one and was injured for the frst month or so of the season

XdEQFH2.jpg

Sancho really stepped up this season and was close to being top scorer. He won a few awards top celebrate his season

9maDr2N.jpg
2cXOPIH.jpg
DTwLy7y.jpg

He must be a shoe in for world player of the year if he keeps it up next season. Bruno and Jude kept up their impressive form throught the season, with Bruno being a maestro in the middle of the park.

What's next?

Well, iI was going to start a new save and do a youth one, but with this new tactic, I really want to work on it and with my current crop of midfielders, I have the perfect squad to test and tweak it so I am going to continue withthis save for now. First port of call is Ath Madrid to sign that Camavinga(whatever his name is) bloke and add to my alrady packed midfield haha. We are now on 7 Champions league trophies, so I will finish this save when we have overtaken Madrid as the most successful side, well I want Greenwood to be United Top Scorer of all time aswell, so he has a bit to do to catch up with Rooney. That's going to be difficult I reckon with this new tactic in the works but we shall see

37 minutes ago, Powello said:

Season 23/24 Review

After last season winning all but 1(or 2, can't remember now) in all competitions, it was always going to be tough to beat it again. Unfortunatly we didn't manage to beat it, winning all but 5 games thistime. But those 5 were draws, so still unbeaten. In the league, obviously tou can't improve on a perfect winning season but we repeated it and smashed the goals scored, goal difference and conceding less.... Scoring 140,and conceding just 15 for a goal difference of +125, now I am happy :)

zZyZMRT.jpg

t78rmL3.jpg
NO one seems capable of stopping us so far, but with the new tactic being used a lot next season who the heck knows what's going to happen.

In the cup we won everything, culminating in a 3-1 win against Inter in the Champions legaue final with Greenwood scoring a hat trick. Apparantly I should have the club world cup soon but not sure when as it's the Euros in the summer so I guess around end of the year I'll play that so that will be 7 trophies going fo rnext season.

TOwjvVA.jpg

The players have had a great season and the goals were flying in with 6 players getting into double figure and 5 or so others getting very close. Greenwood scored less than last season but still had a great one and was injured for the frst month or so of the season

XdEQFH2.jpg

Sancho really stepped up this season and was close to being top scorer. He won a few awards top celebrate his season

9maDr2N.jpg
2cXOPIH.jpg
DTwLy7y.jpg

He must be a shoe in for world player of the year if he keeps it up next season. Bruno and Jude kept up their impressive form throught the season, with Bruno being a maestro in the middle of the park.

What's next?

Well, iI was going to start a new save and do a youth one, but with this new tactic, I really want to work on it and with my current crop of midfielders, I have the perfect squad to test and tweak it so I am going to continue withthis save for now. First port of call is Ath Madrid to sign that Camavinga(whatever his name is) bloke and add to my alrady packed midfield haha. We are now on 7 Champions league trophies, so I will finish this save when we have overtaken Madrid as the most successful side, well I want Greenwood to be United Top Scorer of all time aswell, so he has a bit to do to catch up with Rooney. That's going to be difficult I reckon with this new tactic in the works but we shall see

Top stuff fella, what does your main tactic look like.

just tried my 3-1-3-2-1 tactic in a league game against Liverpool, was losing 1-0 at half time with no shots at all, ended up losing 3-2 but looked much better

Top stuff fella, what does your main tactic look like.

just tried my 3-1-3-2-1 tactic in a league game against Liverpool, was losing 1-0 at half time with no shots at all, ended up losing 3-2 but looked much better

Cheers man, this is how my main tactic looks, but there a load of player instructions as well lol, I'm still not completely happy with it, sometimes we concede silly goals we really should be defending and Greenwood or who ever is up front can go through spells of not scoring. Still needs a bit of work

UvhMEgI.jpg

Thats a promising start, Liverpool are tough and great on the flanks, not easy to beat with any tactic. I'm dealing with the summer now, trying to offload players and tryign to unsettle Camavinga :cool:

Season 2021/22: Feb-May

Premier League:

Champions, three years in a row! Erling Haaland was EPL top scoring with 20 goals (he only played 21 games!)

E4trmDA.jpg

Champions League:

Topped the group, Roma were not far behind in the end:

nYAeS0a.png

Managed to knockout Sevilla in the first round, despite being 1-0 down from the first leg, before this epic turnaround against Atletico:

gSEzLaD.jpg

Then we put Liverpool out in the semi-final setting up a final against PSG. Unfortunately, Mbappe was in fire...

UAOMu2y.jpg

EFL Cup: :thdn:

Out in the 3rd round to a full strength Manchester City. 3-1 up and fell apart.

xXwzjU5.jpg 

FA Cup: :thdn:

Similar to the EFL Cup, 2-0 up and fell apart to Liverpool (A):

ShXBCHQ.jpg

U18's:

Unsurprisingly, my under-18s won the league and cup double:

04h4KI2.jpg

pKHWyKA.jpg

My Squad:

GK: Gianluigi Donnarumma, Yannick Becic*, Señén Martín Domínguez*

RB: Aaron Wan-Bissaka, Ethan Laird

LB: Cizão*, Brandon Williams

CB: Matthijs de Ligt, Rúben Dias, Léo Guerreiro*, Axel Tuanzebe, Harry Maguire

CM: Paul Pogba, Sergej Milinkovic-Savic, Rúben Neves, Florentino Luís, Scott McTominay

AM: Bruno Fernandes, João Félix, Hannibal Mejbri, Jude Bellingham

IF: Jadon Sancho, Marcus Rashford, Mason Greenwood, Leon Bailey

AF: Lautaro Martínez, Erling Haaland

*regen/newgen

4 minutes ago, stevemc said:

Season 2021/22: Feb-May

Premier League:

Champions, three years in a row! Erling Haaland was EPL top scoring with 20 goals (he only played 21 games!)

E4trmDA.jpg

Champions League:

Topped the group, Roma were not far behind in the end:

nYAeS0a.png

Managed to knockout Sevilla in the first round, despite being 1-0 down from the first leg, before this epic turnaround against Atletico:

gSEzLaD.jpg

Then we put Liverpool out in the semi-final setting up a final against PSG. Unfortunately, Mbappe was in fire...

UAOMu2y.jpg

EFL Cup: :thdn:

Out in the 3rd round to a full strength Manchester City. 3-1 up and fell apart.

xXwzjU5.jpg 

FA Cup: :thdn:

Similar to the EFL Cup, 2-0 up and fell apart to Liverpool (A):

ShXBCHQ.jpg

U18's:

Unsurprisingly, my under-18s won the league and cup double:

04h4KI2.jpg

pKHWyKA.jpg

My Squad:

GK: Gianluigi Donnarumma, Yannick Becic*, Señén Martín Domínguez*

RB: Aaron Wan-Bissaka, Ethan Laird

LB: Cizão*, Brandon Williams

CB: Matthijs de Ligt, Rúben Dias, Léo Guerreiro*, Axel Tuanzebe, Harry Maguire

CM: Paul Pogba, Sergej Milinkovic-Savic, Rúben Neves, Florentino Luís, Scott McTominay

AM: Bruno Fernandes, João Félix, Hannibal Mejbri, Jude Bellingham

IF: Jadon Sancho, Marcus Rashford, Mason Greenwood, Leon Bailey

AF: Lautaro Martínez, Erling Haaland

*regen/newgen

Nice work :)

How has Greenwood done for you as an IF? Better than upfront or have you not played him there/.

4 minutes ago, Powello said:

Nice work :)

How has Greenwood done for you as an IF? Better than upfront or have you not played him there/.

Mostly IF, but sometimes covers up front, he's been great for me - really reliable.

1 minute ago, stevemc said:

Mostly IF, but sometimes covers up front, he's been great for me - really reliable.

cool, does he score a lot out there? I was thinking about playing him there until I got mbappe

38 minutes ago, Powello said:

cool, does he score a lot out there? I was thinking about playing him there until I got mbappe

Yeah he does well cutting in, obviously not as well as up front.

21 minutes ago, stevemc said:

Yeah he does well cutting in, obviously not as well as up front.

THat's good to know for future saves :)

Oh I forgot to add to my season review, in January I signed a pre contract agreement with a now 37 year old Messi to come in on a free, he still has amazing stats just his speed is terrible now haha

8 hours ago, Powello said:

THat's good to know for future saves :)

Oh I forgot to add to my season review, in January I signed a pre contract agreement with a now 37 year old Messi to come in on a free, he still has amazing stats just his speed is terrible now haha

I see an Enganche in your future plans!

I forgot to say yesterday that the AF did well in my first trial with the 3-1-3-2-1 although seemed a bit isolated in the other game and a half I used it, I may switch from 2 AMs and 1 ST to a 1 AM and 2 ST versions do see if that sorts the problem but I was happy with new signing dario sarmiento getting a brace against Liverpool in his debut

I’ve started Season 3 pretty slowly. Haaland hasn’t been as impressive in the first 7 games- missing a fair few one on ones that he put away last year. 

My signing on the right wing (Leon Bailey) is doing ok- but I’m also not sure what to do with my midfield three (having Fernandes, Pogba, Tonali, Luis and Olmo to choose from. 

Lost 1-3 at home to Chelsea- two Rudiger headers very early on from deep positions that I didn’t recover from and only managing a 1-1 draw at home to Valencia in the group stages- after a 1-1 away at Bayern (other team in this group of death is Inter...!)

I’ll keep tinkering but I can’t see anything obviously different from last season- just feels a bit ‘flat’

13 hours ago, Powello said:

Cheers man, this is how my main tactic looks, but there a load of player instructions as well lol, I'm still not completely happy with it, sometimes we concede silly goals we really should be defending and Greenwood or who ever is up front can go through spells of not scoring. Still needs a bit of work

UvhMEgI.jpg

Thats a promising start, Liverpool are tough and great on the flanks, not easy to beat with any tactic. I'm dealing with the summer now, trying to offload players and tryign to unsettle Camavinga :cool:

Any chance i can get this tactic? Cant seem to get a 4-2-3-1 to work this season

1 hour ago, shd00w said:

Any chance i can get this tactic? Cant seem to get a 4-2-3-1 to work this season

8 minutes ago, Conan21 said:

Second this!

I'll release it soon when its ready

22 minutes ago, Akustik said:

Beetween Grealish and Havertz who to choose for a AM (attack) ?

Havertz easily, one of the best ones on the game

Edited by Powello

4 hours ago, Zeonflux said:

I see an Enganche in your future plans!

I forgot to say yesterday that the AF did well in my first trial with the 3-1-3-2-1 although seemed a bit isolated in the other game and a half I used it, I may switch from 2 AMs and 1 ST to a 1 AM and 2 ST versions do see if that sorts the problem but I was happy with new signing dario sarmiento getting a brace against Liverpool in his debut

Maybe yeah, I mainly got him for mentoring, but he can still do a job in a few games, even if it's just as a sub

Have you thought about 3 AMs using SS on 2 of them?

Edited by Powello

8 minutes ago, Powello said:

Maybe yeah, I mainly got him for mentoring, but he can still do a job in a few games, even if it's just as a sub

Have you thought about 3 AMs using SS on 2 of them?

No not yet, no I’m not sure where I’d take a player from to make it 3 AMs as I don’t like strikerless tactics.

If I didn’t have so many good CMs I’d look at a 4-2-4 going forward......I think long term it’s either gonna be a 4-2-3-1 or a 4-3-1-2

1 minute ago, Zeonflux said:

No not yet, no I’m not sure where I’d take a player from to make it 3 AMs as I don’t like strikerless tactics.

If I didn’t have so many good CMs I’d look at a 4-2-4 going forward......I think long term it’s either gonna be a 4-2-3-1 or a 4-3-1-2

How about pushing the strikers outwide and have them as IF? you can make them play like strikers so can use your strikers. Players like Greenwood can be used out there, even Halland can, just use a narrow attack so they are pushed further inside, they will still be upfront but would add a bit of width to the attack to counter the packed midfield and open space, that would stretch the oppositions defence more as well allowing more room to create or break through their lines

2 minutes ago, Powello said:

How about pushing the strikers outwide and have them as IF? you can make them play like strikers so can use your strikers. Players like Greenwood can be used out there, even Halland can, just use a narrow attack so they are pushed further inside, they will still be upfront but would add a bit of width to the attack to counter the packed midfield and open space, that would stretch the oppositions defence more as well allowing more room to create or break through their lines

Well I’m currently using the midfield heavy tactic in a game against Burnley.

I changed from a 1-2 in the AM and ST positions to 3 in the AM positions. Rashford and Greenwood as IFa with Bruno AMs. Made the change on 33 minutes. 35 odd minutes and Rashford wins the ball by tracking back And by 35.54 De Jong scores his first for the club.

ill try and upload a video of the goal if I can figure out how 

2 minutes ago, Zeonflux said:

Well I’m currently using the midfield heavy tactic in a game against Burnley.

I changed from a 1-2 in the AM and ST positions to 3 in the AM positions. Rashford and Greenwood as IFa with Bruno AMs. Made the change on 33 minutes. 35 odd minutes and Rashford wins the ball by tracking back And by 35.54 De Jong scores his first for the club.

ill try and upload a video of the goal if I can figure out how 

Nice... I think when you go to the highlight theres an option to save it. I saw somewhere on these forums, someone was uploading gifs of goals, if I can remember where I saw it I'll let you know as he said how to do it

So after a week long hiatus deciding between Grealish and Van De Beek, I've settled on Van De Beek. Man United lack that quality engine and creativity in depth, and his stats remind me of a B-grade Scholes. 

Thank God. I can go on again. 

Edited by MatthewS17

19 minutes ago, MatthewS17 said:

So after a weeksl long hiatus deciding between Grealish and Van De Beek, I've settled on Van De Beek. Man United lack that quality engine, and his stats remind me of a B-grade Scholes. 

Thank God. I can go on again. 

Haha withdrawal sypmtoms?

I would choose Donny over Jack every time

Interesting talk about people looking to sign Camavinga at a point where I'll probably be selling him. Not because he's bad, but I have Romario Baro ahead of him and a couple regens behind him so makes sense to take advantage of the interest in him. Also crazy to talk of him in terms of holding up youngsters when he's only 21 :D 

7 minutes ago, Powello said:

Nice... I think when you go to the highlight theres an option to save it. I saw somewhere on these forums, someone was uploading gifs of goals, if I can remember where I saw it I'll let you know as he said how to do it

Well i remembered and so here is the goal after making the changes you suggested @Powello

https://youtu.be/mp-udgmDOls

Not sure how to have the video show and play just through this forum.

Unfortunately Burnley went on the offensive in the second half so i swapped the tactic out to see of the game

7 minutes ago, sean_oc16 said:

Interesting talk about people looking to sign Camavinga at a point where I'll probably be selling him. Not because he's bad, but I have Romario Baro ahead of him and a couple regens behind him so makes sense to take advantage of the interest in him. Also crazy to talk of him in terms of holding up youngsters when he's only 21 :D 

Has to be done considering his attributes on mine. I don't need him but if you hadn't noticed, I like my midfielders now haha

4 minutes ago, Zeonflux said:

Well i remembered and so here is the goal after making the changes you suggested @Powello

https://youtu.be/mp-udgmDOls

Not sure how to have the video show and play just through this forum.

Unfortunately Burnley went on the offensive in the second half so i swapped the tactic out to see of the game

Nice goal and break away, great tracking back from Rashford as well. Might just be the defensive side that needs sorting now and could have a good tactic

5 minutes ago, Powello said:

Has to be done considering his attributes on mine. I don't need him but if you hadn't noticed, I like my midfielders now haha

Nice goal and break away, great tracking back from Rashford as well. Might just be the defensive side that needs sorting now and could have a good tactic

Hopefully, I've set the tactic to play defend narrow but that might be giving the opposition too much space on the wings

34 minutes ago, Zeonflux said:

Hopefully, I've set the tactic to play defend narrow but that might be giving the opposition too much space on the wings

I think that's better, stops the CBs being too wide so they are there when the crosses are fired in, with your 3 CBs, even with one as a libero youll be a bit wider anyway

1 hour ago, Powello said:

I think that's better, stops the CBs being too wide so they are there when the crosses are fired in, with your 3 CBs, even with one as a libero youll be a bit wider anyway

That was my thinking in defending narrow, I did use it again in my first CL game against Wolfsburg and we won 3-1 so can’t complain

4 hours ago, Powello said:

Haha withdrawal sypmtoms?

I would choose Donny over Jack every time

Was giving me a headache. 

I also favoured Donny but Grealish also provided an option in the LW and was rather versatile. Also Donny isn't in line with trying to keep a more domestic bias to the squad. 

But oh well. 

'The special one' sacked just after Christmas with Tottenham in mid table and one win in five, and Guardiola sacked at the end of March! Rumours of Lampard going... 

Top of the league, only lost once, and Liverpool breathing down my neck... knocked out of the Europa league, won the League Cup and through to the FA Cup final.

Just agreed to sign De Ligt next season for 95'000'000.

21 minutes ago, Spiegel said:

Really starting to build momentum this season. Here's our last two league games; 

Both.PNG

Nice results, Eriksen is one I don't see many buying, looks like he is doing well.

Well that's one competition winners record broken, now the others to go

uvKxKiT.jpg

After this battering of Sevilla

g2v2Bah.jpg

Beat Spurs in the Community Shield as well for our 5th in a row, not that it is an important one

7 minutes ago, Powello said:

Nice results, Eriksen is one I don't see many buying, looks like he is doing well.

Eriksen's a machine - picked him up in January of my first season for £35mill and he's contributing 15+ goals (tons of screamers) and assists a season from a central midfield role.

Won Premier League player of the year last season, and I had to fight off a £100mill offer from "Zebre". 

1 minute ago, Spiegel said:

Eriksen's a machine - picked him up in January of my first season for £35mill and he's contributing 15+ goals (tons of screamers) and assists a season from a central midfield role.

Won Premier League player of the year last season, and I had to fight off a £100mill offer from "Zebre". 

AH Thats awesome

So finally got to finishing the summer and starting season 7.

Quick summary of previous post. Even though we won our 1st champs league, it was a very disappointing season 6, where we played poorly and we lost our league title, only just about scrapping 4th.

I said it was going to be a busy summer, but in the end it wasn't, there were a few players I was going to sell but I decided to keep as I just generally like the team even after a poor season. Players like Pavard and Tolisso have been underrated and great signings so they stayed.

687856928_s7transfers.thumb.png.92760e34ca703bfe8b633b3b21a7477b.png

The boards signings in season 5 of Saul and Sule were both sold, they both did ok but just didn't fit for me, the others sold were youngsters.

Bentancur comes in to play the dm role, as I didn't feel I had enough defence minded midfielders, Camavinga who has been mentioned a lot was my main target, but he's at Chelsea and I couldn't get them to budge or accept a price, so Bentancur was 2nd choice and came in. Sander Roman is a regen, who looks incredible, and with a 63 mil release clause was a no brainer, also came in on cheap wages which was nice.

roman.thumb.png.f175bd29a022c1df6aae13ea97b2ce7e.png

There one or 2 other players I wanted to bring in, but wage demands were too much, and even with Man Utd I like to run a strict wage budget, with my wages sitting at just above 4 mil.

Also after losing my title, there was a slight change in tactics as I felt last season we just fell apart at times,  so instead of a flat midfield 3 I have dropped a midfielder slightly deeper in the dm role. The 2nd tactic is just a more attacking one that I added.

480601241_tactic1.thumb.png.4cae9c2ccdad092615bc311169af127f.png 789963114_tactic2.thumb.png.75ffd2bfb948a4bc4f86d80734f4ea3d.png

On a side note, we lost in the club world championship final to Real Madrid on pens, but I wasn't really too bothered about that.

Edited by sedge11