FM20 Backgrounds: Stadium Pack

stevemc

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Heads up @stevemc, the picture you have for Penybont in Wales is actually the stadium of CPD Llanerchymedd (Club UID #74010317, no stadium UID that I could find).

I'm currently managing my home town team and I thought "That doesn't look like Bryntirion Park!" (The actual giveaway was the phone numbers on the advertising hoardings not being the Bridgend area code)

I haven't been able to find a photo of Bryntirion Park/Kymco Stadium/SDM Glass Stadium that matches your current manual of style (regarding size and resolution), but if I do find one, I will send it your way.

Thank you so much for all of your hard work!

4 hours ago, BiggieEllefson said:

Heads up @stevemc, the picture you have for Penybont in Wales is actually the stadium of CPD Llanerchymedd (Club UID #74010317, no stadium UID that I could find).

I'm currently managing my home town team and I thought "That doesn't look like Bryntirion Park!" (The actual giveaway was the phone numbers on the advertising hoardings not being the Bridgend area code)

I haven't been able to find a photo of Bryntirion Park/Kymco Stadium/SDM Glass Stadium that matches your current manual of style (regarding size and resolution), but if I do find one, I will send it your way.

Thank you so much for all of your hard work!

Cheers mate, if you find one, I'd be happy to make the change :thup:

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I'm trying to add my local clubs stadium in but having no luck at all. 
I've tried editing the config file as previous but it just doesn't want to generate.

Even tested it the Wolves third kit, attempted to make it my home kit but wouldn't work. 

4 minutes ago, taylormonk said:

I'm trying to add my local clubs stadium in but having no luck at all. 
I've tried editing the config file as previous but it just doesn't want to generate.

Even tested it the Wolves third kit, attempted to make it my home kit but wouldn't work. 

You can use FMXML to add your own packs.  I do it for every game.  Follow this link to learn how to do it.  You can also go to sortitoutsi to download the app.

• 1 month later...
On 30/11/2019 at 19:39, stevemc said:

No you'll need a skin that supports transparencies, like this: https://community.sigames.com/topic/503755-fm20skin-base-skin-with-backgrounds-support/

I can't make it work... : ( 
i'm using the fm20skin-base-skin-with-backgrounds-support/ skin mentioned above.

pack downloaded and placed into
▸ Application Support ▸ Sports Interactive ▸ Football Manager 2020 ▸ graphics ▸ backgrounds ▸ stadium 

but doesn't seems to be working - I got a basic greengrass photo as background for everything wich happens to be palced in the skins graphics folder. 

pls help

15 minutes ago, gergo fmstories said:

I can't make it work... : ( 
i'm using the fm20skin-base-skin-with-backgrounds-support/ skin mentioned above.

pack downloaded and placed into
▸ Application Support ▸ Sports Interactive ▸ Football Manager 2020 ▸ graphics ▸ backgrounds ▸ stadium 

but doesn't seems to be working - I got a basic greengrass photo as background for everything wich happens to be palced in the skins graphics folder. 

pls help

Have you done this too?

3. Go to preferences (advanced and select interface) and ensure "Reload Skin" is ticked (you may need to clear your cache too) and click "confirm". As per the below screenshot.

OV1npWq.png

4 minutes ago, stevemc said:

Have you done this too?

3. Go to preferences (advanced and select interface) and ensure "Reload Skin" is ticked (you may need to clear your cache too) and click "confirm". As per the below screenshot.

I did. OV1npWq.png

yes I did. (although i dont have a Clear Cache option in fm20 - but the "using cache..." option is unticked.

18 minutes ago, gergo fmstories said:

yes I did. (although i dont have a Clear Cache option in fm20 - but the "using cache..." option is unticked.

Post a screenshot of your FM preference and the files in your finder/pc.

On first sight, it looks correct (but I'll check it against my game) - have you tried clearing the cache? Looks like your using a Mac too?

But...

2tiZm1r.png

Edited by stevemc

40 minutes ago, stevemc said:

On first sight, it looks correct (but I'll check it against my game) - have you tried clearing the cache? Looks like your using a Mac too?

But...

2tiZm1r.png

I've deleted the cahce folder, 
also deleted that "stadium" folder you've pointed out.
realoaded skin - still nothing.

I've managed to load in a basic background photo which came with the skin i'm using but even after I delete it's files I can't make the other images work. 

I'm using a Mac yes.

Edited by gergo fmstories

1 hour ago, gergo fmstories said:

I've deleted the cahce folder, 
also deleted that "stadium" folder you've pointed out.
realoaded skin - still nothing.

I've managed to load in a basic background photo which came with the skin i'm using but even after I delete it's files I can't make the other images work. 

I'm using a Mac yes.

As a test, load my skin in, and select it in your preferences then reload skin:

http://www.mediafire.com/file/th95mequnjpfw2p/Base_Skin_with_Background_Support.zip/file

If that works, then it's an issue with your current skin. I'm a Mac user too.

Also, are any of your other graphics from that folder recording into the game, like the logos?

Edited by stevemc

37 minutes ago, gergo fmstories said:

It gets me only this basic background: 

Something just isn't right ...
Anyway I appreciate your time and help! 

Screenshot 2020-06-04 at 20.41.16.png

What do you use to unzip your files?

Maybe try re-downloading the file, and use Keka to unzip it?

https://www.keka.io/en/

Edited by stevemc

16 hours ago, dolph11 said:

I've got them working with the Base skin with transparency. Excellent work. Anybody know any more transparent skins they work with? Preferably with the 'instant result' button?

Heffem

On 04/06/2020 at 23:34, dolph11 said:

I've got them working with the Base skin with transparency. Excellent work. Anybody know any more transparent skins they work with? Preferably with the 'instant result' button?

OPZ Elite.

On 21/04/2020 at 16:57, Enos said:

You can use FMXML to add your own packs.  I do it for every game.  Follow this link to learn how to do it.  You can also go to sortitoutsi to download the app.

Any idea how to create a xml for a player background pack?

16 hours ago, Gee_Simpson said:

I am pretty sure that this is the line you need:

<record from="benitez-r" to="graphics/pictures/player/4203246/background"/>

The bits in bold you will need to change yourself to the background name of the picture and player id.

Hope that helps

4 hours ago, Watson156 said:

I am pretty sure that this is the line you need:

<record from="benitez-r" to="graphics/pictures/player/4203246/background"/>

The bits in bold you will need to change yourself to the background name of the picture and player id.

Hope that helps

Thanks. I'll probably leave it then as I reckon it would take ages to complete.

On 10/06/2020 at 15:58, Gee_Simpson said:

Sorry for the late reply.  I haven't been back for a while.  It's the same thing.  Just tick the box that says uses translate filenames to IDs.  It will create a config file for you that you can place into your player background pack folder.  Put the folder in your graphics folder.

11 hours ago, Enos said:

Sorry for the late reply.  I haven't been back for a while.  It's the same thing.  Just tick the box that says uses translate filenames to IDs.  It will create a config file for you that you can place into your player background pack folder.  Put the folder in your graphics folder.

It worked.. but not in the way I hoped. It has created them as a face pack, so they replaced the sortitoutsi cut out faces mega pack instead of creating a background image because there is no option to pick that.

1 hour ago, Gee_Simpson said:

It worked.. but not in the way I hoped. It has created them as a face pack, so they replaced the sortitoutsi cut out faces mega pack instead of creating a background image because there is no option to pick that.

Sounds like you need to change the config file. If it's replacing the faces then the config will end with  /portrait"/>. Try changing that to /background"/>

11 minutes ago, Watson156 said:

Sounds like you need to change the config file. If it's replacing the faces then the config will end with  /portrait"/>. Try changing that to /background"/>

I replaced the portrait with background for all and it has worked, thanks :D

• 3 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I just installed this and it looks phenomenal but of course, the club I am managing has a background for the wrong ground.

Brøndby IF's photo is of Nordsjælland's ground. I found lower resolution one to use instead because it drove me up the wall to be looking at a rival's ground :seagull:

Thanks for all of your hard work!

Fantastic work, thank you.

If you have time, you can check ESRGAN or the last image scaling algorithms to increase picture resolution without any blur.

Hopefully I can help you to make the folder even richer.

Edited by Shenmue-X

On 27/10/2020 at 19:43, kevincrumbs said:

I just installed this and it looks phenomenal but of course, the club I am managing has a background for the wrong ground.

Brøndby IF's photo is of Nordsjælland's ground. I found lower resolution one to use instead because it drove me up the wall to be looking at a rival's ground :seagull:

Thanks for all of your hard work!

Apologies, I will correct this for FM21 :thup:

• 3 weeks later...

I'm doing a Winchester LLM save and looking for a decent pic of their ground.  If anyone has a lead on where to find a good pic I'd be greatful.  I've done searches on Bing and Google and found some OK shots for now.

1 hour ago, Enos said:

I'm doing a Winchester LLM save and looking for a decent pic of their ground.  If anyone has a lead on where to find a good pic I'd be greatful.  I've done searches on Bing and Google and found some OK shots for now.

I’m going thru the process of updating and expanding all my background packs ready for FM21, I’ve got Winchester City included too so it’ll be in there when I release them around launch day/week.

• 2 weeks later...
On 03/12/2020 at 13:24, united99 said:

Hi i hope you did not mind i changed the Luton one because i love how you get the stands in the others but Luton's was only the executive boxes

luton.jpg

Added to my pack.  Thanks!