FM20 Backgrounds: Competitions Pack

stevemc

Hi all,

I’ve been working on a number of background projects, this one is adding competition pictures to the background of various club and international competitions throughout the game, I’ve been doing this for my own personal use, but decided to share with the community.

All are 2560x1600 at 227px, which is basically MacBook Pro Retina size, so the quality is superb in most instances. They have been compressed to their smallest file size without loss of quality. It's currently 417 pictures strong (around 138mb in file size) but I am however happy to update this over time, likewise if you notice any errors or any additions you'd like please let me know in this thread and I'll correct/add them. I've also added in the newly created UEFA Europe Conference League as a placeholder, and will update once official branding becomes available.

Steps to add to your game;

1. Download here

2. Unzip and place here: ‎⁨ 

[PC] Documents⁩ ▸ ⁨Sports Interactive⁩ ▸ ⁨Football Manager 2020 ▸ ⁨graphics⁩ ▸ ⁨backgrounds⁩ ▸ ⁨comp

[MAC] Users ▸ YOURNAME ▸Library ▸ Application Support ▸ Sports Interactive ▸ Football Manager 2020 ▸ graphics ▸ backgrounds ▸ comp

3. Go to preferences (advanced and select interface) and ensure "Reload Skin" is ticked (you may need to clear your cache too) and click "confirm". As per the below screenshot.

OV1npWq.png

Please note: For these to work you'll need to use a custom or base skin with transparency that supports backgrounds.

If you are going to redistribute these, please ask permission.

Enjoy...

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Some examples below (these are from Beta):

WgnsS6Y.jpg

nXQKgYp.jpg

W7cFxLg.jpg

uouJu8c.jpg

hXRZnrm.jpg

8whnFQM.jpg

iP05Fr3.jpg

VOSgQf7.jpg

FL5pk66.jpg

Thanks to @wkdsoul for the Base Skin with transparent background to illustrate how these will work in game.

Edited by stevemc

vor 4 Stunden schrieb mod43:

So where does this file go?

Do you mean the skin? If yes, into the skin folder.

@stevemc: Thanks a lot. It works. I think only the graphics/background folder and the clientobject panel was changed. It is right? Only if i want to change it for an other skin e.g.:

At the client object i have to ad following lines?:

<!-- background box - covers entire screen -->

<widget class="plain_box" appearance="backgrounds/overlay"/>

And than everything is working, or not?

Edited by vonreichsm

1 hour ago, Watson156 said:

@stevemc Is the download link that you posted a complete skin with the transparency overlay, or does the download need to be added to the base skin? 

The complete skin, so you can just drop in it and selected it preferences. :thup:

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...