[Older FM] Which FM ME did you like more?

Which Football Manager Match Engine did/do you like more?  

26 members have voted

1. 1. Which Football Manager Match Engine did/do you like more?

• FM17
    • FM18

The reason I've included only the two options is not to dismiss the other versions of FM, do not take me wrong, it's just what I found myself playing for the whole year and what people point at when they give example of good ME. I switched to FM17 myself whilst waiting for FM20 demo to try something new. Anyway, it feels a bit weird to play with the old FM17 database so I was thinking of downloading FM18 and play it, but if I recall correctly, if you were an anti-long shot guy, you would rather play FM17 as FM18 had moments where players took a long shot out of nowhere.

So which version did produce better football quality in your opinion? Maybe you guys still play these versions so we can talk it up. Cheers.

Edited by Armistice

46 minutes ago, Defensive said:

(play through the middle completely OP because of wingers staying wide etc in 17),

This was something that was blown out of all proportion on this forum, like many of the 'issues' you read about on here. 

On 09/11/2019 at 12:01, Dagenham_Dave said:

This was something that was blown out of all proportion on this forum, like many of the 'issues' you read about on here. 

Actually the way I see it it's much easier to defend in FM19 than in FM17 just to give an example and I think that issue contributes to it.