No tactical briefing in FM20??

I've yet to see a tactical briefing either, even though it's set up for me to do it. Even when I click on the option when I get the pre-match report through, it always says it's not a suitable time for a briefing. I've just put this down to the fact I'm managing a part time team at a very low level. I'm not sure if that's a factor or not. 

21 hours ago, FrazT said:

Check that this hasnt been handed to your asst in the staff responsibilities

nope. I think it's a bug for sure. I never let ass man handle breifing. always did it myself. Ive yet to see the option appear. i'm in y 20th match game of the first season. :(

15 hours ago, Dagenham_Dave said:

I've yet to see a tactical briefing either, even though it's set up for me to do it. Even when I click on the option when I get the pre-match report through, it always says it's not a suitable time for a briefing. I've just put this down to the fact I'm managing a part time team at a very low level. I'm not sure if that's a factor or not. 

This was what i thought but surely it cant be the reason why you can't have a tactical breifing? ;/

1 hour ago, HUNT3R said:

I'm not sure, but isn't this supposed to happen if you have a Match Preview training session scheduled? The follow up question would be if you do have those scheduled.

My assistant does most of the training, and there isn't any of those sessions scheduled. I'll maybe change one to see if it brings it up. Was that the same as last year? Although, thinking about it, I don't think I managed a semi-professional team last year. 

EDIT - I don't have that option in the training schedule, although this might be because I don't have a training block the day before a game. Being part-time, it's only Tues/Thurs training. 

Edited by Dagenham_Dave

5 minutes ago, Dagenham_Dave said:

My assistant does most of the training, and there isn't any of those sessions scheduled. I'll maybe change one to see if it brings it up. Was that the same as last year? Although, thinking about it, I don't think I managed a semi-professional team last year. 

Training won't have changed regarding that, but I'm trying to do a search now to see if I'm talking rubbish or not about that training session. :D

12 minutes ago, Dagenham_Dave said:

See here - Match Preview enables the briefing:

Would also be worth including a Match Preview session, unless you specifically want to exclude it. Remember Match Preview contains the pre-match briefing.

3 hours ago, HUNT3R said:

See here - Match Preview enables the briefing:

Sorry i was being a TOTAL IDIOT! ... yes i confirm if you inlude match preview you will have the tactical breifing. I guess i was so used to tactical breifings in FM19 i forgot about you needed to do this for this one. DDoh!

• 1 month later...

Sorry guys but I have to warm this topic up. Yes I have seen the briefing option in the Match Preview session, but when I click on it I always get this message: "This is not a suitable time for a match briefing". Problem is, this is the only time this briefing option appears, therefore there's never a suitable time. Of course I set it to do it myself. I'm quite sure there's somewhere a setting I haven't seen so please help. Thank you!

briefing.JPG

• 4 months later...

I'm not seeing "match preview" training in training set up. What part of training is this?

I'm managing Tonbridge from VNS would this be an issue with that training facilities?

1 minute ago, Blah_1123 said:

Playing in Sweden and only this season have I started to get them. I also turned professional this season so I assume they're linked. If you're semi pro or amateur I think you won't get them.

Oki doke thanks a lot.

Either way I only see match briefing as a difficult way to make tactical tweaks for the forthcoming match. Wish there was an option to turn it off altogether.