FM19 523 Inspired by Conte. Need help

I like balance of this formation and there are possibility to use a lot of player in attack with still have strong defence.
But for now I see this tactic has not enough power.

727408482_Image2.thumb.png.125a8fbbe8356d3628fa0d9bb5bde28c.png

Why I chose exactly these roles:

I use mirrored wings, because as I have wb-laterals, no see to reason in W. And I need more players in last stage of attack, so I guess two IF(a) is my choice.
I chose striker role a long time, and I think AF is good there because he could be single force in counter attack, but also he is mobile for confuse defence and assist for IFs
3 CB is too many in a lot of moments, so I chose L for play higher, because he could be helpful in possession, but also quick cover if we lose a ball.

Which TI/Roles you reccomend to choose for better play? I can choose mentality for massive attack for sure, but really hate this because I'm adept of Mourinho, Conte, Hector Cuper, so I want to win in cautious. And I see my team has opportunities but not enough in little moments and still can't understand what exactly

2 possible ways as I can see - change striker role and change BBM for more attacking role (MEZ support for example)

Edited by Novem9

A problem I envisage is that all three of your forward roles are on attack, meaning none are really going to get back and help win the ball back (which you need for a counter system). With focus play down both flanks on, their mentality is goin to be very attacking. If you are determined to leave them on attack, I think you should play the striker as a support role to aid link-up.

In general the 5-4-1wb is a difficult system to make work, as you cede a lot of strength in midfield, and the wide players stay too wide no matter how you instruct them. For that reason I'd change the width to narrow. Having a BBM (which as roam from position on) and a DLP on support you're going to be a little weak in the middle. Perhaps change the DLP to defend?

As you're looking to counter quickly and stay defensively solid, I'd drop the line of engagement back to 'lower', which should stop you from getting too overwhelmed in there. 

Edited by yellowforever

34 минуты назад, yellowforever сказал:

With focus play down both flanks on, their mentality is goin to be very attacking. If you are determined to leave them on attack, I think you should play the striker as a support role to aid link-up.

It will be attacking in cautious but I agree with your note. But what do you think if I hold striker in attacking? Change both IF for support or only one which closer for BBM?

Also your notes about better defence, but in first look my tactic has issues with creating of key chances. In other hand - your changes give me more space for counter?

Edited by Novem9

First off, your tactic is not even close to Conte's style. Conte's teams are very solid defensively, and your tactic looks far from being such, despite a low-risk mentality. Btw, speaking of mentality, you don't have to play on Cautious (or defensive) to be defensively solid. It's more about having good vertical compactness and strong defensive shape than a mentality. 

21 час назад, Experienced Defender сказал:

First off, your tactic is not even close to Conte's style. Conte's teams are very solid defensively, and your tactic looks far from being such, despite a low-risk mentality. Btw, speaking of mentality, you don't have to play on Cautious (or defensive) to be defensively solid. It's more about having good vertical compactness and strong defensive shape than a mentality. 

Could you show a draw of roles&ti how yoy see this, please?

4 minutes ago, Novem9 said:

Could you show a draw of roles&ti how yoy see this, please?

Well, it's not just about roles and duties, but the tactic as a whole (including the roles and duties). 

First, I would rather play with standard DL and lower LOE (for the sake of vertical compactness) than vice versa. In that case, instructions such as more urgent pressing and/or get stuck in would make more sense (and be less risky btw), although you may not necessarily need both TIs at the same time (that's something you'll need to experiment with to see which combo works better for your particular team). 

In terms of roles and duties, I would look to have more variety on the flanks, especially up front (for example, instead of playing with 2 IFs on attack duty, I would prefer having one on attack and the other on support or a combo of IF and winger on different duties). 

A libero - if you insist on using the role - works better when there is no (other) PM in front of him. Therefore, I would either remove the libero (and play a BPD or standard CB instead) or change the DLP into some non-PM support role (in your system I would prefer carrilero).

Thank you guys I tweaked tactic by your notes:

2130016923_Image1.thumb.png.33b49b668279a6411041b2cfaafe46ff.png

I used this for plan B in my Torino save. It was very helpful when almost all my CM players were injured and also for play vs top teams. I finished in EC place and it was close for ChL and lose in Cup's final, so season was pretty successful

For example I used this tactic in semifinals vs Juve 

351898717_Image9.thumb.png.0a92a883684070b378143e0c94090d1b.png

Edited by Novem9

If you want to focus play down the left and right, then you shouldn't be using a playmaker in the middle. Non playmaker roles will encourage the flanks to be used more. Conte is a lot more defensive than he is offensive, they generally don't give up too much space. Your compactness will come from LOE + DL + Offside trap.  I  would remove the focus play instruction, and just play on a standard width.

The challenge with this system is the routes to goal, there aren't many. I would definitely change the IF(S) to a IW(S), you will get more attacks that way to exploit the IF(A). Finally I would use a Libero without a shadow of a doubt. In FM19 the IW comes with the W(S) with trait, killer balls, cuts inside, like to switch play to other flank. PIs cuts inside. 

11 минут назад, Rashidi сказал:

Non playmaker roles will encourage the flanks to be used more

This thing which I just realised in last week :thup: Thank you for advices, this system deeper than I initially thought