[FM20][FM21][FM22][FM23] Calcio

zlatanera

Just got back to my Cremonese save. Finished the first season as Serie B runner-up, now getting established in the A. Got enough to spend, signed Lucca and some total flops (Drągowski and Piquerez are driving me mad). Excellent Cedric Gondos form made me to change usual 4-5-1 vertical tiki taka formation to the weird 4-1-2-3 one resulting in sexy football and total opposition to cattenacchio.

image.png.de9b06b6aafbb3d623968b4a34fb63ed.png

image.png.d313f94a60bd6557dbce7345a5c9c8e1.png

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Man, I hate the AI sometimes. Decided to start a save with Spezia. Guilio Maggiore always starts wanted by the big English clubs and he always moves to United or Chelsea for 5-7m. Literally every save I've started on FM22. So I expect him to go for around that price. Have some likely replacements lined up. Offer comes in from United. 1.2m, plus some add-ons, so about 2m in total... potentially. I try to negotiate but they will barely move. I ask for 10m up front (knowing it will go down) and they offer 100K more than the previous offer. They finally lock it at like 1.8m and add-ons that take it to still just over 2m. When I reject, the player gets upset. I tell him I'll sell if reasonable offer comes in. The 6m I see the AI get for him all the time? Nope. He refuses to budge up from the just over 2m United bid. So the AI and the player have decided I can only get somewhere between half and a third of what an AI-run Spezia would get. Cool cool. Not enough to land any of the replacements and honestly just killed my interest in the save. 

• 1 month later...
3 hours ago, BadAss88 said:

Gonna return to an AC Milan-save, as they just won the Scudetto..I probably won't be playing them in FM23.

I'm in doubt who to choose as their new manager Roberto Baggio, Claudio Marchisio or Daniele De Rossi?

As he is the game only as an Assistant Manager an interesting choice would be Davide Ancelotti. He is training for his badges in real life and would be fun to see if could replicate or better his father at the club! Im on my way back to Italy too.

4 hours ago, WilsonJuve said:

As he is the game only as an Assistant Manager an interesting choice would be Davide Ancelotti. He is training for his badges in real life and would be fun to see if could replicate or better his father at the club! Im on my way back to Italy too.

Interesting choice indeed! Think I'm gonna opt for this option as I find Roberto Baggio already a bit too old to only start his manager-career now and, just as Claudio Marchisio and Daniele De Rossi, he's missing a real bond with AC Milan.

anyone done a sassuolo save after the update? i have just started one and scammaca is on fire! 9 goals in 3 games! but im just wondering if they get a bit of money from the pre arranged sales of locatelli and boga?

14 hours ago, JawZy said:

An unlikely promotion from Serie C with Monterosi.

Feared the worst in B but we doing okay I feel

5e8105d4ae12b54dfbf4a1f49f7dd507.png

That is a good start 4 point gap already is amazing. Are you planning on making them the biggest club in Lazio?

4 hours ago, WilsonJuve said:

That is a good start 4 point gap already is amazing. Are you planning on making them the biggest club in Lazio?

I have struggled wth FM22
longest save I have done is 4 seasons with Strasbourg and 5 seasons with Africa Sports.

My initial aim was to get them a bigger stadium built, as 500 capacity seemed rather small, we are due to get a new stadium in 2024 approx 7k iirc. The town this club are from is about 4000 population though.

On 03/06/2022 at 11:53, oze07 said:

anyone done a sassuolo save after the update? i have just started one and scammaca is on fire! 9 goals in 3 games! but im just wondering if they get a bit of money from the pre arranged sales of locatelli and boga?

Sorry didn't see this earlier but  pre arranged transfers have already been considered in the games starting budgets. Mainly due to the fact if you managed say Juventus who in real have agreed to pay for Chiesa and Locatelli which in game would set you back £64m and if you were the manager and didn't save that amount then the game wouldn't follow the real life pattern. 

One final save with the updates, with Roma before FM23

Keeping hold of the top players will be key as ever. 

Sold Mkyhtariyan, El Sharaawy, Diawara, Santon and Perez. Loaned in Ocampos, Suso and signed Isco who has turned out pretty average. 

Knocked out of knock out rounds of Conference League, so unfortunately couldn't do a Jose 😑

Have £20 million in January to make some squad improvements, any recommendations? 

bologna-calcio.jpg.webp.b0f679c579886b4e12ca39c10673164a.webp\

Welcome to Bologna FC 1909

So here we are back in Italy to tackle our final save of this years football manager game. After much deliberation Bologna were the team I have chosen to manage, I did consider Genoa, Sassuolo and even my teams great rivals Torino but ultimately decided on this club for a few reasons.....

1. They have won Series A 7 times in the past which puts them joint 5th on the all time list ahead of clubs like Roma, Lazio, Napoli and Fiorentina but there last title was way back in the 1963/64 season the only other major competition they have won is the Coppa Italia which again there last title was back in 1973/74

2. They have a decent amount of young talents at the club who could play a massive part in future success - Nicolas Dominguez, Mattias Svanberg, Arthur Theate, Aaron Hickey aswell as a number of very talented young Italians - Riccardo Orsolini, Emanuel Vignato and young wonderkid Wisdom Amey who at only 15 years of age could become an absolute world beater.

3. The club also boasts both excellent training and youth facilities which I will be hoping to make the most of during this save.

The goals of this save may change as the save progresses but I hope to build a decent Italian core throughout the squad whilst limiting myself to spending too much money or wages on players going forward. The youth aspect of this save is something I'm really looking forward to getting my claws into and I'm hoping to give game time to a new youth player every season going forward. Obviously the dream of the save is to win another Serie A title and ultimately the Champions League but if we do not reach those heights I would be happy with a Cuppa Italia and a minor European trophy. 

Before the first season update lets take a look at the young talents who will hopefully be the core of this teams for many seasons.

?imw=5000&imh=5000&ima=fit&impolicy=Lett

First up we have Emanuel Vignato at only 20 years of age he can slot immediately into the starting 11 versatile on both wings as well as in the centre he has every chance of reaching an elite level.

Arthur Theate is a pre arranged transfer who is arriving on a very low salary.  Already the strongest CB at the club and only going to get better still just 21 year old I'm sure he will be a leader for club and country.

At 23 Orsolini is the oldest of the core players easily the best right winger in the squad but can play elsewhere when needed. His growth will more than likely not be as fast as the others but still has untapped potential.

Svanberg is balanced in all areas of his stats again he also offers a lot of versatility in the roles he can play, Strongest in CM or DM he can also help anywhere else in the midfield area. Already capped 9 times for Sweden I'm sure he will continue to shine.

Dominguez is already wanted by bigger clubs and its easy to see why currently the best player at the club its imperative we hold onto him for as long as possible. Though a big fee in the future from one of Europes elite may force a sale if its too good to be true.

And finally Aaron Hickey a defender who can play practically anywhere on the left or the right. In game he is uncapped but in real life he has earned 3 senior caps. I'm sure that will be replicated in game sooner rather than later.
Happy to go forward and attack I can see him being a very important part of the fist team for as long as we can keep him.

Areas to focus on in the transfer window

There is a few deadwood players to sell to raise some transfer money and lower the clubs salary bill but in terms of strengthening the first team these are the areas we will be focusing on.

GK - Polish keeper Skorupski is the best at the club but only 3 star and 30 year old I want a younger Italian in the team, the two current backups can be sold as they are not good enough.

CB - Gary Medel is one of the best CB at the club but at 33 and on a high salary he is only going to decline we need a replacement option for the long term and again an Italian player would be preferred.

ST - There is at least two strikers at the club who don't make the grade and will be offloaded at the first opportunity (Santander, Falcinelli) Marko Arnautovic is the best ST in the squad by some distance but 
like Medel he is 32 and is gonna decline he is also the clubs highest paid player on a whopping £67k per week in comparison the next closest is on £48,500 and after that the players are into the £30k bracket.

The big decision is when to offload him he has two years on his contract so the end of the first season may be the time. 
Edited by WilsonJuve
Fix

I've started a save with Atalanta one season in. They've been threatening the established order in Serie A for a few years, so now's the time to make that push. They finished 7th without me, but did win the UEFA Cup at least.

I'm doing my usual thing of radically reshaping the squad to make it completely homegrown and young. This meant over 200m in player sales and the same amount coming in. That'll keep the accountants busy!

The big sales were Zapata, Romero, Pasalic, Muriel, Freuler, etc. Incoming were Ricci, Calabria, Rovella, Ndour (young Italian at Benfica), Esposito, Lucca, Gabbia, Pobega, Papetti - guys you might know from your saves.

Getting a completely new squad together is a risk, so the next season could be an erratic one whilst we wait for the squad to gel, but the next few years could be quite tasty!

Hi all. I'm a bit confused about the rule for non-European players in Italy. I currently have three of these players flagged as non-EU player who occupies a non-EU player slot. I then went on to sign an Argentinian central defender, who now is both flagged as a non-EU player who occupies a non-EU player slot and as an extra non-EU player who can't be registered until next season or until another non-EU player is sold.

I then released one of my non-EU players, a youngster who is never going to make it anyway, on a free. But I now still can't register my new Argentinian. Will I still be unable to register him until the end of next season?

Can anyone help me out here? I figured releasing one player would free up a slot for my new guy, but apparently it doesn't..

11 hours ago, KlaaZ said:

Hi all. I'm a bit confused about the rule for non-European players in Italy. I currently have three of these players flagged as non-EU player who occupies a non-EU player slot. I then went on to sign an Argentinian central defender, who now is both flagged as a non-EU player who occupies a non-EU player slot and as an extra non-EU player who can't be registered until next season or until another non-EU player is sold.

I then released one of my non-EU players, a youngster who is never going to make it anyway, on a free. But I now still can't register my new Argentinian. Will I still be unable to register him until the end of next season?

Can anyone help me out here? I figured releasing one player would free up a slot for my new guy, but apparently it doesn't..

I believe you have to sell the necessary none-EU players to a foreign team to fill up the slot. 

2 minutes ago, WilsonJuve said:

I believe you have to sell the necessary none-EU players to a foreign team to fill up the slot. 

Thanks. 🙂

The thing is, I know selling them to another Italian team doesn't work but I believe (currently at work so can't check) that terminating a contract should also free up a slot.

10 hours ago, KlaaZ said:

Thanks. 🙂

The thing is, I know selling them to another Italian team doesn't work but I believe (currently at work so can't check) that terminating a contract should also free up a slot.

Update, I reverted to a save from the end of May, released two non-EU players who weren't ever going to make the first team, which means I only have two left at the club and should be able to register my new player, and I still can't when he joins on the first of July. He is once again flagges as both a player who occupies a non-EU slot, and a player who can't be registered until next season (or until a player is sold). This makes no sense. None.

On 12/05/2020 at 13:53, AceCream said:

Verona Season Preview 19/20

The club: Hellas Verona is a club located in the region of Veneto in Northern Italy. The name Hellas is greek for Greece. Hellas Verona have 1 historical Scudetto win in the 1984/85 season thus being one of the 4 smaller teams to have won it. Here is a very good article about that season and its significance in Italian football with videos and pictures which I highly recommendhttps://footballmusings.home.blog/2019/02/19/the-beauty-of-football-hellas-verona-1984-85-serie-as-cinderella/?fbclid=IwAR2NiXgr2BNvlPr1btVRW5zaUtGB1ESkRMQOmTihBXXkqX_bn6psgO_rXuw

The manager: I am going to be role playing as Luca Toni, a legend at the club according to FM. Luca ended his career at Verona, and surprisingly his three years there were arguably some of his best. Scoring 51 goals in 100 appearances at 40 years old. He later was on the board of directors at Verona for a couple years. This will be his first stint in management, I have not yet decided if Verona will be a stepping stone to one of the bigger Italian clubs or if he will manage them long-term. Only time will tell. 

The tactics: Verona will play a cautious 3-5-2 with a Libero and attacking wing backs, similarly to how the played when they won the Scudetto in the eighties.  

The team/transfers: Marash Kumbulla is the most promising player in the team, an Albanian defender with 4.5 star potential. The team seems to be a bit too reliant on loans so that is something I will have to take care of in the future.

The kits: To celebrate their 35th anniversary of their only Scudetto win Verona will be wearing remakes of their 84/85 kit. 

Now to play some FM :D 

Club Profile 08.07.2019.PNG

Club Vision 08.07.2019.PNG

Toni Signs.PNG

Hey mate i don't know if you are still on here but would you be able to upload those Verona kits? they are Class

Finished the 22-23 season with Atalanta and guess what, we finished as Serie A Champions! We had a healthy lead going into the final few games, but in typical FM style, whenever you're at the point of closing a title out, your players threaten to choke under the pressure. A couple of rogue results didn't throw us off course fortunately. Milan finished 2nd, Lazio third (mainly thanks to Immobile's 47 goals - my top scorer was Lorenzo Lucca with 16!)

As mentioned before, we did a huge, radical squad overhaul, shipping out over 220m worth of players and spending 200m - good news for the agents out there! So, we now have an Italian-only squad, and that's how I'll keep it (second nationality is fine though). Squad at the moment is:

GK: Alex Meret (4.8m from Napoli), Salvatore Sirigu (300k) - Gollini is out on loan and may not stick around to be second choice.

DF: Andrea Papetti (5.5m from Brescia), Davide Calabria (30m from Milan), Matteo Gabbia (12.5m from Milan), Mattia Viti (7m from Napoli), Wisdom Amey (3.5m from Bologna) - then Scalvini, Zappacosta, Ruggeri, Lovato and Pezzella (who was already incoming).

MF: Tomasso Pobega (p/ex with Milan for Marten de Roon), Cher Ndour (17.5m from Benfica), Nicolo Rovella (25m from Juventus). Samuele Ricci (40m from Empoli), Nicolo Fagioli (loan, 15m permanent move from Juventus), Vasco Walz (1m from Dortmund) - then Pessina was already here.

CF: Lorenzo Lucca (15m from Pisa), Sebastiano Esposito (15m from Inter) - then Roberto Piccoli was already here.

The plan going into 23-24 is to keep that squad together. It's unlikely many first team options will be available, so picking up some younger players with the budget we have might be the likely option. I'm sure we'll have bigger clubs looking to pick some of our guys up - let's see. Can we retain our title? That's the hope, but CL football is bare minimum.

1100.png.e1efe893c0e179f42192cb45dc293421.png

I flirted with Cagliari and Verona saves but neither were getting the juices flowing so i went with a more obvious romantic pick in AS Roma

First thing on the agenda is to install the previous retro Badge and that is a symbol of how i want to run this save, i want to go back to their roots.

First thing that struck me is that i really don't like this squad on paper at all, obviously since Totti and De Rossi have retired the heart and soul of the club is no longer there and Roma have always suffered from that Big city club syndrome where there is big expectation big wages offered and they attract the wrong types of player, big time Charlies enjoying the lifestyle way too much and forgetting why they are there.

I want to off load these Bluffers and install an Italian and more so Roman heartbeat to the side

Out- Veretout £15m  Diawara £5m  Perez 5m  Mikhitaryan 15m

In-  Joao Moutinho £2m   Jordan Ferri £2m    Scammaca 12m (Loaned back)

I have looked into the Primavera to see what local kids could maybe make it and have ear marked a few who i plan on devoting time to. Moutinho and Ferri were brought in as unspectacular signings with great ppm and mentality for the young ones to learn from

Eduoardo Bove- 19 years old is a little off the first team i am going to play him as much as i can afford and he will be studying under Moutinho

Cristian Volpato- 17 years old and landed on my lap really,After selling Mikytarian the plan was for Pelligrino to be main man and buy in a young Italian Understudy, nobody really took my fancy so i left it and then recieved a loan offer for this kid,he looks really decent even though his star rating is low he's values at 4-7M and he has the number 10 shirt so somebody at the club must rate himvolpot.jpg.40f91eb6d2b55d29c6412f94b373dbc6.jpg

After that we have Milnese and Calafiori out on loan but they will both be brought into the fold when they return and Zalewski who will be back up to El Shawarray 

One thing bugging me is two really highly rated youngsters out on loan with future fees arranged, Riccardo Ciervero (Sampdoria) and Matteo Cancilleri (Veron) are both Romans playing  in the Italy U20's so i will have to undo that club mistake bite the bullet and pay over the odds to bring them home next season, ill be watching them both closely.

Final shout out to to this kid- Giacomo Faticante the absolute stand out of the primavera 17 years old but playing Italy u20's this kid is not far off the first team no joke. De Rossi Incarnate and probable future captain.Fatit.jpg.bb8beba9ed3f921ccef08f97b9ddd0d3.jpg

Tammy Abraham will have to lead the line for now as he's just arrived but come summer 2023 he'l be sold with Scamacca Roma through and through to return and lead us to Glory

Edited by Uncle_mo

13 hours ago, Uncle_mo said:

1100.png.e1efe893c0e179f42192cb45dc293421.png

I flirted with Cagliari and Verona saves but neither were getting the juices flowing so i went with a more obvious romantic pick in AS Roma

First thing on the agenda is to install the previous retro Badge and that is a symbol of how i want to run this save, i want to go back to their roots.

First thing that struck me is that i really don't like this squad on paper at all, obviously since Totti and De Rossi have retired the heart and soul of the club is no longer there and Roma have always suffered from that Big city club syndrome where there is big expectation big wages offered and they attract the wrong types of player, big time Charlies enjoying the lifestyle way too much and forgetting why they are there.

I want to off load these Bluffers and install an Italian and more so Roman heartbeat to the side

Out- Veretout £15m  Diawara £5m  Perez 5m  Mikhitaryan 15m

In-  Joao Moutinho £2m   Jordan Ferri £2m    Scammaca 12m (Loaned back)

I have looked into the Primavera to see what local kids could maybe make it and have ear marked a few who i plan on devoting time to. Moutinho and Ferri were brought in as unspectacular signings with great ppm and mentality for the young ones to learn from

Eduoardo Bove- 19 years old is a little off the first team i am going to play him as much as i can afford and he will be studying under Moutinho

Cristian Volpato- 17 years old and landed on my lap really,After selling Mikytarian the plan was for Pelligrino to be main man and buy in a young Italian Understudy, nobody really took my fancy so i left it and then recieved a loan offer for this kid,he looks really decent even though his star rating is low he's values at 4-7M and he has the number 10 shirt so somebody at the club must rate himvolpot.jpg.40f91eb6d2b55d29c6412f94b373dbc6.jpg

After that we have Milnese and Calafiori out on loan but they will both be brought into the fold when they return and Zalewski who will be back up to El Shawarray 

One thing bugging me is two really highly rated youngsters out on loan with future fees arranged, Riccardo Ciervero (Sampdoria) and Matteo Cancilleri (Veron) are both Romans playing  in the Italy U20's so i will have to undo that club mistake bite the bullet and pay over the odds to bring them home next season, ill be watching them both closely.

Final shout out to to this kid- Giacomo Faticante the absolute stand out of the primavera 17 years old but playing Italy u20's this kid is not far off the first team no joke. De Rossi Incarnate and probable future captain.Fatit.jpg.bb8beba9ed3f921ccef08f97b9ddd0d3.jpg

Tammy Abraham will have to lead the line for now as he's just arrived but come summer 2023 he'l be sold with Scamacca Roma through and through to return and lead us to Glory

Looking forward to reading more of this :thup:

12 hours ago, john1 said:

Looking forward to reading more of this :thup:

Thank you Sir, so i have an update

Just setting off for winter break and it's been a slow grind but i have a much better scope of the team now going forward

As i go in as an unkown lowest skill set manager there was early hostility towards me and the style of play has been slow to get going, but defensively i always set up quite well and Center back is the strongest area of the club, it's simply been a case of which 2 to pick as they are all quality

The problem is in creativity on the flanks while Zaniolo is out best player he is and attacking inside right and i play with a winger or inside right that holds the touchline so it's not getting best of him, i have moves him up front in a 352 on occasion and there he is much more dynamic

On the other Flank El Shawaaray is useless on paper he should be electric but he must have awful built in mental's because he is so disappointing and sitting on 110k per week to boot with zero interest in him so i have to let him sit out his contract

Tammy Abraham is another huge issue, again on paper he's fine and will get goals but against the better teams when we need him he is no good and he's just not for me really, i like an old school poacher ala Mauro Icardi. 

The issue is the structure of his transfer means we are paying £6.8m every summer,,untill 2026!   Plus his value is so high no one will buy him so even if i dumped him cheap we are still on the hook for 5 seasons. I am currently trying to scheme my way around this and a possibility i may try this jan is going in for the self transfer listed Marco Verratti who is perfect for us (basically same player as Moutinho who we have already have sat on100k but we'l deal with that later) so the plan is to make an offer for him using Tammy as payment for his 72m pricetag and get ourselves the best Italian playmaker in world

The kids are coming on well and i have hope for Matteo Cancillieri on loan at Verona in thathe never plays and he has the hump so hopefully he will request termination if thats possible, plan B is that in the summer if they try to activate clause i will offer him a new contract and blow them away

here is some updates on the developments of our 2 midfielders Bove and Darbo

Boveot.jpg.6fac6046f0921b55f7b25d6ffcbcb88c.jpgGARBot.jpg.d463331c5f474978f2576f182951bed5.jpg

Edited by Uncle_mo

14 hours ago, Uncle_mo said:

Thank you Sir, so i have an update

Just setting off for winter break and it's been a slow grind but i have a much better scope of the team now going forward

As i go in as an unkown lowest skill set manager there was early hostility towards me and the style of play has been slow to get going, but defensively i always set up quite well and Center back is the strongest area of the club, it's simply been a case of which 2 to pick as they are all quality

The problem is in creativity on the flanks while Zaniolo is out best player he is and attacking inside right and i play with a winger or inside right that holds the touchline so it's not getting best of him, i have moves him up front in a 352 on occasion and there he is much more dynamic

On the other Flank El Shawaaray is useless on paper he should be electric but he must have awful built in mental's because he is so disappointing and sitting on 110k per week to boot with zero interest in him so i have to let him sit out his contract

Tammy Abraham is another huge issue, again on paper he's fine and will get goals but against the better teams when we need him he is no good and he's just not for me really, i like an old school poacher ala Mauro Icardi. 

The issue is the structure of his transfer means we are paying £6.8m every summer,,untill 2026!   Plus his value is so high no one will buy him so even if i dumped him cheap we are still on the hook for 5 seasons. I am currently trying to scheme my way around this and a possibility i may try this jan is going in for the self transfer listed Marco Verratti who is perfect for us (basically same player as Moutinho who we have already have sat on100k but we'l deal with that later) so the plan is to make an offer for him using Tammy as payment for his 72m pricetag and get ourselves the best Italian playmaker in world

The kids are coming on well and i have hope for Matteo Cancillieri on loan at Verona in thathe never plays and he has the hump so hopefully he will request termination if thats possible, plan B is that in the summer if they try to activate clause i will offer him a new contract and blow them away

here is some updates on the developments of our 2 midfielders Bove and Darbo

Boveot.jpg.6fac6046f0921b55f7b25d6ffcbcb88c.jpgGARBot.jpg.d463331c5f474978f2576f182951bed5.jpg

Darboe has gone up half a star in potential

I have needed to to do a few moves in Jan window because we have had to play all of the top 4 in succession and we are an absolute mile off, pumped by Lazio, Inter and Juve not only in scoreline but they just walked right through us like children. I have had two board meetings and i'm hanging by a thread.

Moutinho came complaining about something minor  so i deliberately escalated the situation and he requested a transfer which i accepted, he's off to juve for 2.5m and thats his 100k off the bill.

Kimbula has huge potential in center back i really rate him but he's not quite ready and i don't want to hold his development so i found him move to bundesliga where they are paying full 50k salary, lovely.

Spinazola is weeks away from returning so underperforming Vina is off to mexico for 5m

Fiorentina wanted Shomuredov on loan and while he's actually been decent squad payer he's on 45k and he is only decent, we need quality

In- Adam Hlodzic is a bit of an obvious one maybe not an original signing but sticking with El Shawaaray is suicide and Zalewski is miles off being first team ready, Bayern made a move for him so i tested the water fully expecting him to pick Bayern but for some unkown reason he rejected them an chose us so i had to green light it, that shows good a leap of faith from him so i value that.

Edinson Cavani- Talylor Made for Serie A now and with six months left we got him for basically nothing, also managed to get his wages down from 150k to 105k so it's not killing us.

final day is arriving and most important piece we need now is a bully in midfield, The top teams are steaming through us and i need someone to frighten them a bit to allow us to play

Roberto Gagliardini would be ideal but he's a little expensive right now and i think if we wait he might be available down the road cheaper. Thorsby and Kessie are the most affordable right now and i really like both, Thorsby will be the much cheaper of two but Kessie would guarantee immediete improvement

The long term homegrown project is still very much alive but right now i just need to survive the season

Kessiot.jpg.1aa65239473b4446047ec12d4f7f4a53.jpg

This is a statement signing, the plan was to go in for Kessie with Real Madrid and liverpool and several others circling around fearing one will come in and scupper the deal, in which case we would have moved for Thorsby, but it looks like we.ve caught them with there pants down and stolen a world class player in his prime for peanuts.

Also we have an update from Padova where Cristian Volpato is coming on well

VOLPATot.jpg.565c42b9b51fd51d70731146dc3f6399.jpg

I very very nearly recalled him at eleventh hour but with Bove, Zalewski and Darboe it would be hard to  get all four minutes 

A

Will post an update here on my Parma save (currently in feb 2027) once my season is finished. Never managed in Italy except for FM 2014 (I think), where I spent two years at Roma in a journeyman save that took me from Belgium side OHL to PSG, then Sao Paulo and finally the Roman giant.

6 hours ago, KlaaZ said:

Will post an update here on my Parma save (currently in feb 2027) once my season is finished. Never managed in Italy except for FM 2014 (I think), where I spent two years at Roma in a journeyman save that took me from Belgium side OHL to PSG, then Sao Paulo and finally the Roman giant.

Did you Buy Alberto Cerri? 

I know he's crap now but he was a wonderkid in FM16 and one a of the few Parma born and Supporter of club

Season one with Roma is complete it was quite an interesting second half of the season. Because of the fixture list we had to play literally the top 7 clubs followed by the bottom 7 so the fist month was a shambles and we hit another slope in Jan but once we survived that the Run in was easy and we nearly made top 4.

Adam Hlodzic completely changed us was scoring braces and hatricks all over the shop, we really got into the groove and look promising bar a couple of late concededed equalizers and a humbling 0-1 home defeat to second place Atalanta 3 games from the end to remind us we aren't there yet. the signs are promising.

We walked the Conference league while playing a midfield of Bove, Darbo and Faticante all the way to the final, i even played Faticanto in the run in games because i couldn't resist, he is an absolute Rolls Royce, the other may make it if i devote every minute to them they might be competent but this guy is something else.

Conf2t.jpg.5b77654f04c1f5c97baae47c9fdcbbd7.jpg

This is the Trophy winners as you can see i played them in every game

Fatit.jpg.8def05be9ec11204e9ca13be8e7450fb.jpgFaticanot.jpg.b6a0c08abe2824264bb655d3b149bb6c.jpg

Look how he's coming along- He is 17 still mind and has played in and won a European Trophy (Conference League)

Summer time and it's always funny how things never quite play out as you imagine in your head. Tammy Abraham went on a really good scoring run against the weaker teams and and i finally had a wanted symbol pop up beside his name, Man City and Bayern were apparently interested so i was confident going in to the off season i would get some bidding war going and i could play it coy and use that leverage to maybe get a player thrown into the deal and juicy add ons and instalments and everything but once the window opened it was very cold, silence. 

By now his list of apparent stalkers included Real Madrid, Chelsea and PSG as well but still nothing, i didn't want to play deperate and offer him out for less than he was worth but bids were coming in for my other players, high ones, and i was seeing Bayern offering 40 mill for Gabriel Jesus so they obviously had there wallets out but no on came in for him and pre season is on the horizon so i blinked firs and threw his name out.

Tannyot.jpg.010423f81885e8a46e1f97ecce0b5a78.jpg

Finally, thats good wedge for him even if we are paying out £36m over the next 5 seasons to Chelsea still. it's a 40m loan now so it will have to do, sorry Tammy but Giannini,Montella,Batistuta,Totti, ABRAHAM-i think not.

I am selling Smalling as well and El Shawaraay's contract is up end of season so that is the last of the financial paralyzers in the current first team squad.

I just need to take care of the returning loan deadbeats

On a weird side note i am selling Bryan Christante to Arsenal for £25m,  Shame really i liked him a lot he was the reason i ofloaded Moutinho so quick because he does that deep playmaker job very well and he is an excellent tutor. However he came to me demanding a pay rise and given he is already on 55k p/w i thought he was getting a little above his station so i am regretfully selling him.

I have to stay true to my principles i am not adverse to spending but 100k for me is marque player Zaniolo is worth that, Mancini is worth that, Cavani is Worth that, but not Bryan Christante, sorry you got to go.

So now i need a nice little mature wise head to fill that Pirlo role that is value for money.

Bove is earmarked for future but i need someone to tide us over

1 hour ago, Uncle_mo said:

Did you Buy Alberto Cerri? 

I know he's crap now but he was a wonderkid in FM16 and one a of the few Parma born and Supporter of club

Didn't know him to be honest. :) Would have been interesting to see, but I had no transfer budget for two years and by that time it would have been pointless as I brought in Lucca for 3.3M. 

Returning Loan starlets-  Preseasonot.jpg.a46ee755d49573b81acc725dd8e4e151.jpg

This is a mock up of how i hope we look in 2-3 seasons

Futuret.jpg.79edc37306fece3e59b9ff6a9557f1df.jpg

Ive Sorted a season long loan for Bove with newley promoted Ternana so if he is able to get into their first team that will do him the world of good.

Calafiori as well is in talks with Cagliari i think one more season will be enough for him, ive also insisted on the recall option so i don't get stiffed like last season with Cancellieri whom while i am delighted wasn't made permenent to Verona has suffered from a whole season of idleness, he is going out again to Serie B where he is promised to be a key player, again i am able to recall him if i feel like it.

Faticanto bizarrely  attracted zero offers but with Bove going out he can take his spot as rotational player plus ill play him in Europa League so he is going to be developing at an insane rate this year i predict

TRANSF.jpg.4cbf32f0977262d59a68c80e928d089e.jpg

we made over 100million in transfer fees along with purging all the deadwood so we can now breath

I sold Spinazola which was quite risky since he was one of our main players but again he was on large salery and he is a right footed left back which annoys me plus he's 29 and didn't play that well granted he'd been out for a year

Still bringing in former academy graduate and Roman Luca Pellegrini i felt was a no brainer, he's on half the wage and has many years still ahead of him, he did turn us down last summer for Spurs but we won' hold it against him.

With Abraham gone Scamaaca will get the No9 shirt and lead the line with Cavani supporting him.

I've made a bold move regarding the new regista role, nobody was standing out to me i considered Ever Banega but he's getting on now and after cleansing the wage bill bringing in a 35 year old on 150k would be silly.

So i have decided on converting Lorenzo Pellegrini from the 10 role to a Regista and buy in a new No10 instead

Rodrigt.jpg.40d5f397e85b9637eb102bacdd994a1c.jpg

jamest.jpg.93d55593180427fd25fed1ac1f998e4b.jpg

Just look at him, he's still got plenty more left in the tank he's only just turned 31, plus i am paying 5m now and 5 after 40 games so if it doesn't work out it was worth the gamble

Rome has a new No10 Trequartista

Four games into the season and we have won 3 but crucially we have finally beaten one of the big guns

Opening day against Parma we won 1-0 an own goal one of those games i could have easily seen a draw, then we traveled to Naples and were soundly beaten 3-1 although after being 2-0 down at half time we went into final 15 minutes pushing for a draw.

Week 3 we absolutely crushed Sampdoria away Scamacca netting a hatrick and Cavani scored the other but could have scored 3 also, it was the manner in which we beat them though the 2 up top together were unplayable.

Week 4 was defending champions Milan at the Olympico and psychologically this was a big game because we have not beaten on of the top teams yet in my tenure and we are at home so i needed to see a performance.

I set up cautiously weet.jpg.c4c9e8a9d44ece677ab434ba6d33c687.jpg

With Gagliardini as the anchorman, Milan came out of the blocks and looked totally dominant, but like Mourinho or Sean Dyche side we just hung in there and they were never able to quite get that perfect chance.

Then we somehow made a goal out of nothing, Zaniolo played a long raking diagonal to Hlodzic on the opposite flank, he cut inside and played a one two with Scamacca and drilled one in.

Milan still pushed forward and looked odds on to equalize when on the 40 minute mark Milan get a red card

Came in at half time and Zaniolo had a knock so looked around to replace him, Cristian Volpato took to the field for the second half as the inside right.

Even with 10 men Milan were not out of this game and kept creating chances, so i decided to make a switch and go 4231 and bring on Rodriguez

Then just as the change was about to take effect Scamacca scores a worldy 

Milan2t.jpg.d30564891ac0b52f99723cf2eb8c1814.jpg

Milanot.jpg.c9a3a560d153c312683763879918d4b8.jpg

If you noticed Volpato highlighted in the picture then that  because he played a part in the assist, he cut in from the right flank and played into Scamacca back to goal who rolled the defender and unleashed hell

Game over now but the best was yet to come

With Milan's spirit now broken and James Rodriques entering the play our lot started to enjoy themselves, there were olays going round as Volpato clearly buzzing from getting an assist wanted to show the Olympico what he was all about.

barely five minutes after the second goal the ball was again fizzed out to the right flank

Milan3ot.jpg.c9afef3047f090da6587434497c8afc5.jpg

mill3ot.jpg.2b3fb96ffec0a0417008bfecd2641e69.jpg

mill3volpot.jpg.0218e1c3a59ce00cba679d033eacc2e8.jpg

mill3scamot.jpg.f9cc5eb89e14eec8f06e294192c28261.jpg

He cut inside again and began a 4 man one touch move between Pellegrino and James before sliding in a delicate nuanced through pass for Scamacca to thrash home again for 3-0

with 10 minutes to play and 1 sub remaining i opted to leave on the exausted left back pelegrini in order to give Faticante a taste of victory in such a huge game

my Director of football is concerned by the lack of quality squad depth and is going crazy bidding for new players which i keep swiftly rejecting and that 100 million is still sat there but as it stands this is our team going forward and i am not changing them for anything 

The future is bright

Edited by Uncle_mo

A big Week just went by and i can't help but think we have missed out on huge chance to gain momentum for a title charge.

Lazio and Inter at home back to back i think was going to show where we stand at this moment, are we flat track bullies or can we compete with the best.

Lazio Humiliated us last season both times so it was really important that we show something against them this time around.

We were the better team this time around but their goalkeeper had a blinder and we just could't put ball away, and then the inevitable happened when Ciro Imobbile made a clever run off the ball and stuck it away lethally.

It looked like we were going to be gallant losers but James Rodrigues played a killer pass to Cavani who scored a goal to match theirs. Then we scored in the 92nd minute only to go and let one in the other end 2 minutes later. 

Two points thrown away and now we needed to Beat Top on the table Inter in order to tip the balance back again in out favour and similarly to previous game we absolutely battered them carving out clear cut chance one after another but our finishing was poor, dare i say tentative.

The game finished 0-0 and we have 2 points out of a possible 6 and i feel we have given 4 points away.

RROMot.jpg.45e219fbf64c66b7b89349c328c79fbc.jpg

The good news is we should have a winnable run of games coming up and everyone around us keep on dropping points to teams they should be beating

on we go

Edited by Uncle_mo

9 hours ago, john1 said:

A draw against Inter is a not bad thing :thup:

No it's not at all but considering we were at home both games and had so many chances to put them away i can just see those points making the difference come end of the season

So we are broke up for the World Cup and i made the decision to move most of the Main squad to the U20's so i can keep them training 

Two bombshells dropped on my lap following the announcement of the World Cup Squads 

ibanezt.jpg.389aa79c4ef8ff8eac8cbe43b7cf5b79.jpg

Roger Ibanez wants out and So does Zaniolo, both feel that they need to move on to a bigger club and Man Utd have been sending scouts and seducing him. I have agreed to sell him if they meet his £65m price tag.

Ibanez has the same verbal agreement for £35m so that is a bit of  bummer but i don't want anyone here who doesn't want to be and Zaniolo has been invisible this season and can't go a game with out picking up some knock so maybe it will work out well for everyone.

Scamacca is also drawing a lot of interest and despite me doubling his wages in September he is is kind of entertaining the idea  but i have zero plans to sell him and will play hard ball with him.

SCAMMACMANUTD.jpg.656e2c73152ca90120d6619b44aa3eb8.jpg

Something of note that caught my eye in Jan was this

VERATt.jpg.da8d3cc420ca4d5759dd7ab3acdea4f1.jpg

I have had my eye on him for a year now he wants a new challenge and would welcome the move home to Italy and i definitely have the cash for him so we will see how this one develops.

Edited by Uncle_mo

I have more player development latest as well

MissoriZalelewskihot.jpg.6c235e93ee4490b125ffd0f59d9d9654.jpg

The 3 star potential shouldn't put you off because it's their attributes which are important and they speak for themselves

Missoriot.jpg.60ce9b2ac14ed7319bc9c0ded7bc8cd9.jpg

This lad wasn't even on my radar when i first joined but he has just come on leaps and bounds, He is on loan in Serie C but i might try to find him s Serie B club in Jan window

Zalewskiot.jpg.4f9fd2e9fbf900c9219f13b91b16d66e.jpg

I have to be honest i was kind of giving up on Zalewski we had in in the first team squad playing a fair bit and did't look like he was improving that much but this year out on loan he has got a second wind, still not 100 percent he's Roma first team potential but he has hope

Volpatdecenmet.jpg.0dce1b36bc37dd90f30610dcbb809608.jpg

Volpato is really coming along we have an offer from good old Ternana who want to take him on loan and he will join up with Bove who they are doing a good job with.

FATt.jpg.255c7eb14370aa918522cc4921175d8b.jpg

The Jewell in the crown, i keep having to mention he is only 18 years old and a strong 5 star potential which hasn't weakened in the slightest, i am starting to think i may not even bother loaning him out and he can have the Tott/De Rossi treatment of only ever knowing Roma.

Bets are on how long until he is made Captain

Back in the Title Race

Firhot.jpg.7efec8caa6573eafb1c364a4e78fbfba.jpg

What a difference 2 minutes and a goal can make, once again a familiar theme with us taking the lead only to be pegged back, going into the final few minutes i had conceded the title in my head and was accepting that our focus from now on is going to be top 4

Fiorentt.jpg.3c04ab5173304be839f2dafbd0e1ac52.jpg

Once again Volpato came off the bench and had an impact, we are short of a few first teamers and had no Mancini at center back, Scamacca replaced by non existent Zaniolo and pellegrini replaced by on loan inter prospect Agouume.

Finally a late goal to benefit us and wit Inter losing to Milan we are now but in with a shout.

Agoume is an interesting one because we have an option to buy for £25m but i think that is a little expensive for a prospect but at the same time i don't want to develop a great player only to give him back to our rivals

Moves are being made in the transfer window with Man Utd and Spurs leading chase for Ibazez but both are offering on the low side so i am trying to be creative with the deal

IBANMANUot.jpg.30d569ea8d4fc797fce1e24a726693fc.jpgKambult.jpg.75a976b0b2fcfd635eb88de79d901852.jpg

I through this kid into the deal having trawled their U23's and he looks like a decent prospect, certainly not a like for like replacement but we can develop him.

New arrivals

jenclot.jpg.313deb7129db4973a25e89fd36198081.jpg

An upgrade on Ibanez in my opinion

Now for the big one 

macoveratot.jpg.90bccf282214b34edcc1061cc2fbe2ee.jpg

Record Transfer fee both for Roma and for an Italian player

Recordtranst.jpg.3f76138cc3f68b0085ec28a5b5503404.jpg

I just couldn't resist, i am getting annoyed with my star players whinging for a move and the sharks circling our players that this is a statement signing, if you don't want to be here off you go and we will move on, and we can still attract Top class replacements

I feel as well that Marco Veratti doesn't have any ties with anyone in Serie A as he spent most his career abroad so he can hopefully go on to be one of 'our' players, plus Pescara where he is from is not too far from Rome so he does fall in line with my philosophy

We have done excellent so far to be in the running for scuddetto with Gagliardi a transfer listed Inter Reject holding the midfield together but now we have somebody for everyone else to fear

I don't regret spending that much on him because i thought his wage request wasso reasonable, he only wanted 100k even though was is on 250k at PSG so again i thought it showed great character  and he has come here with desire to win

Edited by Uncle_mo

Surprised to see Fiorentina, right up there! They tends to struggle on mine :lol: Me personally, I would never spend that much money on 30 years old player :eek:  That me turning into Wenger :lol:

Not bad replacement signing with Todibo for Ibanez. :thup:

15 hours ago, john1 said:

Surprised to see Fiorentina, right up there! They tends to struggle on mine :lol: Me personally, I would never spend that much money on 30 years old player :eek:  That me turning into Wenger :lol:

Not bad replacement signing with Todibo for Ibanez. :thup:

I know they have Andre Villas Boas as Manager and they are blowing teams away, they haven't made many siginificant signing either.

Milan are the best in the division that i have played this season they are the only team to completely outplay us.

I know the Veratti signing was against my better judgement really after clearing out all the high earning fringe players thought i could be shooting myself bring him in, but i have a really small squad now and i need a guarantee to hold the team together just for a season or while the young next gens are developing out on loan. plus i hope he can be a modric or Pirlo and just bit that sitting player with amazing passing and age won't matter too much