[FM20][FM21][FM22][FM23] Calcio

zlatanera

1448777058_ZParmaCalcio1913_logo-400x400.thumb.png.e59d370fa612c66b422bb2a52938a562.png

So, here's my first update for FM20. Will do a brief one here, I'm looking to do a more comprehensive update later on in my own topic at FMCU. First Window Disabled, of course.

Results until December 2019:

Spoiler

1738465446_Screenshot2020-04-0518_31_56.thumb.png.3407c493f7e531bb74a0cf676fe1f219.png

As of the Winter midseason break, here is the table:

Spoiler

1911190150_Screenshot2020-04-0515_43_22.thumb.png.ab89442eebaaaf36babea5b82a394d39.png

Some of the stats for Serie A at the half way point:

Spoiler

182455818_Screenshot2020-04-0515_43_38.thumb.png.2473f8e85d9951e8974d87efa26bc740.png

Parma stats:

Spoiler

1461252180_Screenshot2020-04-0515_44_50.thumb.png.e1f6bf55135946148d5e3d99ccff7ca8.png

I'm trying a new format of putting the screenshots in spoiler tags, just trying to reduce the clutter when loading the page :D

Half-way Review: Better than I had imagined it would go! Finding it hard to get my strikers scoring, though. Little Scozzarella was the best player so far at this stage, though him starting was by chance as Hernani was injured in the last game of pre-season. 3 Man of the Match awards in the first 3 games! I decided to start Radu as my first choice as Sepe seemed to concede easy goals in pre-season. Kulusevski had a strong start, before jadedness for playing every minute (my fault! :lol:) saw his form stumbling down the cliff, culminating in two mistakes in two games and he hadn't recovered since.

For the Winter Transfer Window, I was only given £1.9m. Was hoping to bring in a new, younger, and faster defender, as at one point I had 4 of them out injured at the same time (the peril of having older squad). Not sure if I would find any that I would like, though.

Disclaimer: For FM20, in this Parma save, I'm trying to do a play-through where I am reliant on my scouts to alert me on recommendations of new players I can look further into. Whereas previously, I would spend an hour or so at the start of the game, when setting up, just going through most of the clubs and national teams and clicking get scout report :lol:

This won't be a strict rule but I will try to follow it through. For instance, I could request scout reports for players Parma had played against if they impressed me or players that I personally scouted by attending their matches or from the stats page list or if there's a social media or news message about them. I won't go crazy here though, as that beats the point of doing this in the first place. I think I would also like to limit my available options to get scout report by only going through the transfer and loan list for players based in Italian leagues (and the Italian national team as well). Might expand on it to other leagues as well as I would assume such lists exist somewhere on the internet in real life? :D

Just trying to do something new, instead of repeating the same habits and targeting the same players. :D

Next update: January Transfer Window and the first month back.

Edited by quee
Centered the images.

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

23 hours ago, Ronaldo Beckham said:

Scored 30 plus goals every season.

How did you managed this mate? :lol:

How did you do in the 1st season btw?

Great effort for 3rd in the 2nd season!

@quee I was lucky to extend his loan every season until I got to sign him for £1.2m a bargain as well.

image.thumb.png.f68cd0b9a22af8edb6ae9acb94f6cc61.png

There is another player who has been really good for me.

Andrea Cistana who I signed from Brescia for £10m and has been a legend in the making for me at Parma. Also my Captain now that Inglese isn't playing as much.

image.thumb.png.46377e01bb24abc557d2b4df557e22ec.png

image.thumb.png.6a119c260602a40fdce6aa5e759b411a.png

@quee if you fancy a network game on FM2020 you can be Parma and I don't mind being a team like Brescia etc then feel free to inbox me.

Thanks for the info @Ronaldo Beckham

I'm on 31st May 2020 at the moment, and just an hour ago I scouted Cistana as Brescia is relegated. I had watched him in real life a couple of times and like what I saw. Was hoping for Verona to go down, but they did quite well actually.

Let's hope the coming summer months I can get Radu back on loan!

Thanks for the offer! Not sure if I would have the time for a network game though (never tried it).

12 minutes ago, quee said:

Thanks for the info @Ronaldo Beckham

I'm on 31st May 2020 at the moment, and just an hour ago I scouted Cistana as Brescia is relegated. I had watched him in real life a couple of times and like what I saw. Was hoping for Verona to go down, but they did quite well actually.

Let's hope the coming summer months I can get Radu back on loan!

Thanks for the offer! Not sure if I would have the time for a network game though (never tried it).

Oh ok no worries, I assumed you were in lockdown and not able to work like most people but if you ever want to try it then get in touch with me on here.

6 minutes ago, Ronaldo Beckham said:

Oh ok no worries, I assumed you were in lockdown and not able to work like most people but if you ever want to try it then get in touch with me on here.

I am, but playing my Parma save already took all of my time :lol:

Btw, can you check in your save, if Gio Reyna declared for England?

1 minute ago, Ronaldo Beckham said:

image.thumb.png.1c283cbc7f6e4afab6faf2f5823b070c.png

Ugh, but still hope that he still hasn't been called up.

It feels weird to see him play for England in-game when he's supposed to play for USA in real life. :D

When I'm not playing in England, I tend to not buy British & Ireland players as they rarely play in other major leagues in real life. Of course, there's the major exceptions like Viera, Sancho, etc.

I tried to follow suit when playing FM :lol: Would stop me from trying to get Reyna in the future if he's English :D

4 hours ago, Matt_1979 said:

Have never managed in Italy before but after getting fed up with France with my Rennes and Auxerre saves in FM20 I thought I’d try pastures new. 

I’ve decided to start a Torino save and they have VERY little depth and a bizarre amount of terrible players loaned in. Is the insane amount of loan players a standard thing in Italy?

3 hours ago, quee said:

Yup, how the smaller clubs fill in their rosters and just enough to survive each season.

Is it higher in Italy compared to other nations? This never occurred to me. It could be because some clubs are still learning how to handle business following the abolishment of co-ownerships?

Anyway, speaking of loans, look at my squad :D

image.thumb.png.bb66741a5a4f1d73e7e6bfe1dbbaed07.png

image.thumb.png.fd9a312536a7fd814ad07e667cda555b.png

2 hours ago, Weston said:

Is it higher in Italy compared to other nations? This never occurred to me. It could be because some clubs are still learning how to handle business following the abolishment of co-ownerships?

image.thumb.png.bb66741a5a4f1d73e7e6bfe1dbbaed07.png

image.thumb.png.fd9a312536a7fd814ad07e667cda555b.png

Thats mental. I couldnt cope with the stress each season of having to replace them all.

14 minutes ago, WilsonJuve said:

Thats mental. I couldnt cope with the stress each season of having to replace them all.

You can renew most of them for next season before the season ends. Sell the players your club owns for cash, loan in players on lower wages to save there as well, then use that money to build squad depth with more loans and sign other players on frees or cheap deals.

Also worth noting that it helps with age restrictions in squad registration, and if you don't specify playing time (which you usually don't have to) they will usually not complain about their playing time like owned players will.

Now I'm down to just one owned player in the first team as I've just sold Capezzi, who I brought in on a free half a season ago. Got 5 mil and replaced him with a loan so I could buy this wonderkid who I sent back to his club on loan for the rest of the season. When he comes back to me next season he will replace a player I have loaned in this season.

image.thumb.png.1fd03e680e0b6e6e2e4c953d60a619e4.png

In my experience you can often get the players you've loaned a few seasons in a row on cheap deals or frees as their clubs often just seem to lose interest in them entirely, and at that point they already like you and know your tactics and language. Because they're young, they usually grow up with you and get better each time you're promoted. It's pretty much pointless to buy players when you'll have outgrown them in a matter of months, unless you think you can make a profit off of them.

Edited by Weston

3 hours ago, Weston said:

Is it higher in Italy compared to other nations?

Yes, especially for smaller sides. Even if they owned their players, and if they can take someone better on loan, they will just send their players to other clubs below them. And repeat the cycle. This is why the new up-coming FIFA rules about limiting loans to only 8 players per season will affect Italian clubs a lot.

3 hours ago, Weston said:

I don't think your squad is a good representative of the loans made by Italian clubs, tbh. Too many of who's who in FM terms. Even with loans, they will still have realistic budgets and targets. Just my opinion. :D

Edited by quee
Grammar

On 04/04/2020 at 20:52, Ronaldo Beckham said:

Oh @quee I managed to bring back Buffon for half a season.

How did he performed for you btw? He retired in mine in July 2020 :(

Someone posted in the Man Utd thread that he just signed Buffon on a free transfer in 2021! So he will still play until at least 2022! Crazy that 2 years are lost and unavailable in my save for him :( 

Why is it different, I wonder?

@ParanoidBuddha is Buffon still playing in your save?

15 minutes ago, quee said:

Someone posted in the Man Utd thread that he just signed Buffon on a free transfer in 2021! So he will still play until at least 2022! Crazy that 2 years are lost and unavailable in my save for him :( 

Buffon retired at the end of the second season in my save.

I'm starting my 3rd season as Roma manager, I've won 2 Calcio in a row, it's weird how Juventus and Inter are under-performing here. I'm trying to buy as much italians players as possible, so far I bought Birindelli, Nicolussi Caviglia, Gabriele Corbo, Stefano Turati, Marco Molla, Daniele Rugani, Pietro Pellegri and Luca Ranieri.

2 hours ago, quee said:

He didn't play that well and retired after having him for 6 months, I signed him January of season 2. I didn't care though as I still got to bring back Buffon and he was a good mentor while I had him.

2 hours ago, LucasBR said:

Buffon retired at the end of the second season in my save.

1 hour ago, Ronaldo Beckham said:

He didn't play that well and retired after having him for 6 months, I signed him January of season 2. I didn't care though as I still got to bring back Buffon and he was a good mentor while I had him.

Why then is he retiring in my first season :(

2 minutes ago, Weston said:

This is what happened in mine. Too bad he has such poor coaching attributes.

That's 5 people now having him at least still playing in the 2nd season still. (2 in the Man Utd thread).

Any screens of his coaching attributes?

2 hours ago, quee said:

That's 5 people now having him at least still playing in the 2nd season still. (2 in the Man Utd thread).

Any screens of his coaching attributes?

1 hour ago, Ronaldo Beckham said:

Here you go @quee

image.thumb.png.172d4ea62a46b5cded9c008b00bd84e3.png

Mine are different but equally (and bafflingly!) poor. Obviously not every great player makes a great coach, but 1 at motivating? I mean, he clearly is a great influence on younger keepers in the squad and he's perhaps the best to ever play his position, I find these low numbers mentally and in GK coaching hard to believe. 

image.thumb.png.cf3cfa10614a26c935a581ff5f67f554.png

1399420985_ZParmaCalcio1913_logo-400x400.thumb.png.ba3d9fdfaa3f06ff0c87f046cf564005.png

Second update here. January 2020 transfer Window. With only £1.9m transfer budget and 80% (95% after board request) transfer revenue, not much room for me to do something.

Transfer History

Spoiler

468376139_Screenshot2020-04-0614_49_46.thumb.png.3fd1af8a284f6f98a86dfa118c6ca254.png

Sales: Siligardi was not registered for the first half of the season (no space), so only natural that I tried to move him on. He did scored a beautiful freekick in his only appearance coming off the bench in the Copa Italia. Happy to get £700k for him (valued at £1.6m at the time). Now, we have £2.5m in transfer budget to work with.

Wanted a new defender, someone preferably young and fast but unless I get someone on-loan, nobody is available on the market that I had liked. Would have gone for Armini but he's not been "discovered" yet by my scouts and he was not on the loan list. Reghini wanted to terminate his loan but I need the extra cover he provided despite unable to give him a lot of minutes.

I tried to extend Radu's loan but to no avail, so I looked at my Scouting Centre and saw that Farinez was recommended to me and within budget. I decided against it as I had bought him before in FM19, though never played him due to him going out loan to get a Spanish passport (I had Brazao as one of my project in FM19 as well).

I had 3 Potential targets available in my Scouting Centre that I had some interest in and were within budget: Nedyalkov (26 years old, Bulgarian Perfectionist LB > who went to Porto £2.3m), Mieling (25 years old, Norwegian LB > who went to Osasuna £1.3m), and Farinez (22 years old, Venezuelan GK > who went to Bournemouth £2m). All 3 made their moves on deadline day.

When I got a notification about Farinez's offer, I tried to extend Radu's loan again but still the same result. I tried looking at my shortlist and found nobody really good enough to be better than Sepe and potentially be my number one next season if Radu's not coming back.

So, out of random desperation, I tried to approach Buffon. Those who followed my FM19 save will know he was supposed to be my project then, all about trying to get him back to Parma. But it never happened as he retired, couldn't even bring him back as a coach last year as I waited too long as his stats were not great. :(

This year though..

Spoiler

467119702_Screenshot2020-04-0414_54_05.thumb.png.a6586008a1b69cad728309af8354de7c.png

He's back! :D He had agreed to join when his contract will expired, but seeing as I had enough budget (I had to reduce my £2.5m budget to afford his wage) to bring him in on deadline day! I thought, why settled for 12 months when I can have him now for 18 months? Colombi went out on loan (affiliate) since I would now have had 4 goalkeepers with Buffon's arrival.

Future note: As it turned out later in the summer, this was not the best move as Buffon had decided to retire early after just 6 months :( I guess this was the only difference between my save and everyone else's? :(

Here he is!

Spoiler

139129405_Screenshot2020-04-0414_58_23.thumb.png.98e068c62abdc7900d1ecd8a83394f17.png

2028231410_Screenshot2020-04-0414_57_10.thumb.png.6e7dfa52c6ab58d1c0d7033bd8cf62b3.png

The reason for his squad number :D

Spoiler

1520804224_ZBuffon77Parma.thumb.png.b4d852705b76beec90e7f66f37a20b5a.png

D-pZyzjW4AALlqH.thumb.jpeg.45801313cac9dc37cad65e61377b271b.jpeg

During his final season with Parma before leaving for Juventus, he wore this number. Buffon credited this choice of number as the reason for his best Parma season that earned him the move to Juventus. It comes back full circle now that he's back wearing the same shirt number :D

Apart from Buffon joining, I also have this to announce on deadline day as well! On a much happier note :D

Spoiler

1721361995_Screenshot2020-04-0415_01_45.thumb.png.338bb65f4a98cc4c19275f666e48eec3.png

It never even crossed my mind to extend his loan, unlike Radu who I had been trying since the New year. I guess it was set in my head that he won't be available to come back, and in fact I'm very surprised he's only on £7.75k p/w wages! This all happened after dealing with Buffon and thought why not tried this as well? I guess this was the upside to Buffon's summer situation.

Review: In hindsight, I probably should have never brought Buffon's transfer forward earlier. Radu was playing really well and by bringing Buffon in who is expecting to play, I disturbed Radu's momentum. On deadline day, I took Farinez's Bournemouth offer as the catalyst that set all of these in motion and I panicked a bit without thinking ahead clearly. In my mind, without Radu confirmed next season and not having someone else lineup, I would not be happy with my GK option (Sepe).

Disclaimer: Normally I would try to sell some of the players I don't really have a plan for straight away (January as the first window), like Dermaku and Laurini, but in this save I will try to do a more logical and loyal type of transfers. Players just joining permanently after a loan arranged before my arrival? Nope, I won't sell them straight away even if I don't want him. So, like Dermaku and Laurini who just joined 6 months ago, I will give them at least a season before deciding what to do with them. Siligardi, meanwhile, had been at Parma since 2017, so a different case and had no problem selling him on top of him not being able to be registered to play.

Next update: Second half of the season!

Edited by quee

On 04/04/2020 at 17:18, WilsonJuve said:

Well here is the update!!!

After some hard consideration I decided against taking the Sampdoria role and to stick with the club I acheived back to back promotions with. The start to the season was a bit of a struggle but we have gained a slight bit of momentum and even managed some massive results as seen in the screeshot below.
0B7FDDC17C30AB73F10AD0CD199CBFA31E745C28
As for transfers the club set the max wage at around 18k per week severly restricting our options. Thankfully Martinelli, Parrott and Salcedo were all happy to come back for another season on loan. Gliozzi was an arranged transfer before I took over. And we picked up Real Madrid Castilla player Manu Hernando on a free transer when his contract ran out. Lasse Vigen was cheap and slotted straight into a starting midfield role. Whilst Petrazzuolo is a regen who was linked with teams like Man utd, Inter Milan etc. Set us back around £6k per week in wages at only 17 hopefully the gamble will pay off. Also Broke the clubs record transfer with a regen GK from Brescia Mattia Bianconi. He seems to be developing really well and should be the keeper for many years to come.

But as usual this game loves to throw a beautiful curveball my way. Things are going well and the form has picked up. But then a job offer becomes available and I get offered the role.......
97B1CB386F27A446E434A7332CE100EF45E32943
Just look at that transfer budget :eek: and the wage budget on top there currently 750k p/w under which could easily be lowered further by selling unwanted marquee players. Would also give me a massive oppurtinity to raise my profie further with league title ete. The choice is stay at monza and try to grow over the next 5 seasons or so. Or jump ship with the crazy money being offered and return to Italy in the future.

Well I made the decision to turn down the amzing offer from china as I felt I owed Monza at least one full season in Serie A. There was no new transfers in January to the update above. We started the season poorly but got some important results throughout the season. This is the final table and my fixtures. (Yes our goal difference is absolutely shocking we took some heavy beatings, Who knows what could have happend with a decent defence)
50BBAD44857AE346150F40F6E4C8683D08C9E5E0093D9E3AE757D0A4AAF136B6206A6D73F716B93A3D1AD092153BD0011F6B8045FAFCB26A6EDA84C3
We came agonizingly close to completing the perfect season and qualifiying for the EC2 but sadly a 0-1 defeat in the final game of the season against Fiorentina seen them leap frog us into 7th place!
Still Im very happy with how the season turned out. Not just because it was our first season in the league after back to back promotions but also because we done it on a shoe string budget. As seen below.
226E1981A3336368435506B49B08EA7F89114041FADFBAA1D27963D4E26039C9465F97CC4C2358EFD5AC78F4255D3C9DC9B47AC5A1138F4D092434CB
As you cans see from the screenshots above we are the lowest wage team in the league by a long way and the third closest team is spending £16m a year more than us! And despite there being only 20 teams in Serie A our club has the 46th cheapest ticket price in the league making several Serie B and Serie C clubs more expensive to watch. But due to the low wage structure and new sponsorships each season it makes us one of the best clubs in terms of year on year profits.
364E4A14248C92184536F9F386895FA8D8534852A9B50213F4CC8634547258B56045F042431CB995
This has also helped clear club debts. Time for a well deserved off season. As a player this season was more stressful than it needed to be. Onto the next one and whatever the future holds................

Edited by WilsonJuve
more info

4 hours ago, quee said:

Reveal hidden contents

467119702_Screenshot2020-04-0414_54_05.thumb.png.a6586008a1b69cad728309af8354de7c.png

He's back! :D He had agreed to join when his contract will expired, but seeing as I had enough budget (I had to reduce my £2.5m budget to afford his wage) to bring him in on deadline day! I thought, why settled for 12 months when I can have him now for 18 months? Colombi went out on loan (affiliate) since I would now have had 4 goalkeepers with Buffon's arrival.

Future note: As it turned out later in the summer, this was not the best move as Buffon had decided to retire early after just 6 months :( I guess this was the only difference between my save and everyone else's? :(

As a Juventus fan I love this! I know he said about not playing for another italian club IRL but he should have went parma instead of PSG and just finished there. He also only lasted one season on my save before calling it a day. Even with his bad coaching stats I will probably hire him as my Assistant Manager at some point.

2 minutes ago, quee said:

He retired with Juventus?

He won the league one more time then let his contract run out and retired yeah. I tried a sneaky bid midway through the first season when he had less than 6 months left on his deal but it said he was calling it a day.

8 minutes ago, WilsonJuve said:

He won the league one more time then let his contract run out and retired yeah. I tried a sneaky bid midway through the first season when he had less than 6 months left on his deal but it said he was calling it a day.

That's what happened to me in FM19 and why I got excited by bringing him in early, instead of at the end of his contract.

Oh well, lesson learned :D

He managed to play 10 games for me.. will let you know how he does in the next update.

12 hours ago, quee said:

So, out of random desperation, I tried to approach Buffon.

I don't understand how players retire in the middle of their contract. If you terminate their contract a year early you have to pay them. Why don't they have to pay you if they break the agreement prematurely? Very disappointing.

I have to imagine that this might be an issue with the game not factoring in the term the player agreed to and not Buffon actually wanting to retire - he's currently saying he wants to stay at Juve another year and he's barely even playing.

In any case, I love that you made him #77!

I don't understand how players retire in the middle of their contract. If you terminate their contract a year early you have to pay them. Why don't they have to pay you if they break the agreement prematurely? Very disappointing.

Exactly, and he played 10 out of the 17 games between February and May. For his age, that is a good number and he should be looking forward to another season. Logically. But FM have a mind on its own :D

He started the first 7 games upon his arrival, before the 'Humiliation in Rome' made me go back to Radu in the next game against Genoa :( After Genoa, Buffon came back into the side in both defeats to Juventus and Milan for his 8th and 9th appearance.

Our form was starting to plummet at this point and I had no choice but to go back to Radu until the end of the season. I played Buffon in the penultimate game away against relegated Brescia for his 10th and final appearance.. and we drew 2-2, with Lazio in the last game and needing a result to fight Inter for our position.

If I had known he was to retire, I would have bring him on in the last minute as the Lazio game was at home, for his final ever game. Ah, the story! :(

I have to imagine that this might be an issue with the game not factoring in the term the player agreed to and not Buffon actually wanting to retire - he's currently saying he wants to stay at Juve another year and he's barely even playing.

Yeah, which is why I'm disappointed. If he's retiring in all other saves as well, then there's nothing I can do.

In any case, I love that you made him #77!

I always loved a good story and a real life background to it:D

Edited by quee

11 hours ago, WilsonJuve said:

This has also helped clear club debts. Time for a well deserved off season. As a player this season was more stressful than it needed to be. Onto the next one and whatever the future holds................

Will you stay with Monza?

Did a Roma and bought a 31-year old Aubameyang on DLD-day for 35m pounds, hoping he could help fire me into the Champions League. Halfway through and he has been absolutely mental, helping me be top of the league.

bilde.thumb.png.c3ab1f4446347fb36498fcd74f626bc5.png

231154994_ZParmaCalcio1913_logo-400x400.thumb.png.4ed7605524b66c80be26c27d5712e49a.png

Third update is here!

Results for fixtures from January to May 2020:

Spoiler

1144042336_Screenshot2020-04-0707_24_46.thumb.png.42f8bbaa03ca49cbebad03ab5f0dafe4.png

Some results that I wanted to highlights:

1) vs Sassuolo

Spoiler

1573315365_Screenshot2020-04-0417_39_00.thumb.png.622af1fea672be82955515279f0156ed.png

Parma first comeback win of any sort, 0-2 down to win 3-2. The team is showing a lot of fight despite sometimes not playing as well as I would like. I'm content with this for a club like Parma.

2) 'Humiliation in Rome'.

Spoiler

1201447249_Screenshot2020-04-0420_36_18.thumb.png.131416c7aee2e9026b1ceb158961f426.png

In my eye, this was the game where I realised Buffon might not be able to hold down the starting GK position anymore. FM seemed to treat his age poorly comparatively to his attributes. Roma's 2nd goal was a shot outside the box towards his chest-level, and instead of catching it in front of him, the ball squirmed upwards and into the goal. The start of the downfall.

3) Here we go again..

Spoiler

830347831_Screenshot2020-04-0512_50_56.thumb.png.a59c7df40e5ced3fab85d2c49e52c3c6.png

I was so traumatised by what happened in Rome, that when this happened again (3-0 up and Kurtic sent off for a two-footed challenge from behind, just like Kucka's red card), I paused the game, went downstairs and only resume playing an hour later. Had to mentally readied myself for a similar repeat, but luckily this time around, my changes seemed to work :D Never had I held my breath for so long playing FM :lol:

4) Have to be the most important moment in our season, this..

Spoiler

1028405966_Screenshot2020-04-0707_27_50.thumb.png.1f56cdbdcb51bc8874b225c6d0de4783.png

It seemed we were heading for another defeat before 2 late goals with an injury time equaliser got us the all important point in our penultimate game.

5) As Lazio is our last game of the season and we needed a result to go our way to confirm 7th and Europe next season..

Spoiler

2034638206_Screenshot2020-04-0515_02_13.thumb.png.01ac6fcf4b89ea97b809af57e662c739.png

2nd place Lazio was just too strong for us and I despaired a bit thinking we had missed out on Europe on the final day.. Then I pressed continue and saw that Cagliari did us a favour by holding Inter to a draw! An Inter win would have seen them pipped us into Europe. Fuh, lucky! We will take it! :D

Napoli finished above us because of this man:

Spoiler

722641497_Screenshot2020-04-0416_14_20.thumb.png.35deeb2f9eec9276931fbfa50343020b.png

Napoli was transformed after he arrived in early February!

Inter, meanwhile, seemed to lose steam because of this:

Spoiler

2143439564_Screenshot2020-04-0512_23_06.thumb.png.eefe4d428f5fcb109cb57e397c422dba.png

They didn't replaced him straight away in late April! Armando Madonna, the u20s Manager, is still the Caretaker Manager now in June.

Final table for Serie A 2019/2020:

Spoiler

1429889262_Screenshot2020-04-0515_51_24.thumb.png.2f5ccf3561a12caa20e301cedbb6e0aa.png

Serie A stats:

Spoiler

719740446_Screenshot2020-04-0515_51_46.thumb.png.c86fc8fcce6c2eba30f7b1861f9b1a18.png

Parma end of Stats:

Spoiler

1373997302_Screenshot2020-04-0515_49_58.thumb.png.a36cac8d0feaec188a3b74a8faaa4f5e.png

Full Parma squad and their stats:

Spoiler

1155225334_Screenshot2020-04-0515_41_53.thumb.png.3d72d65faaf005203a26d52c6147585f.png

End of season Review:

Overall, happy with how the season unfolded - a bit lucky towards the end. Parma was 6th during the midseason break, Napoli and their new manager had new impetus to finish ahead of us by the end.

2 goals vs 11 goals in each half of the season, so was very happy with Inglese's improvements! He even got a a call up to the preliminary Italian squad, along with Pavoletti and Petagna as the new uncapped strikers, before the final cuts and registration for the Euros. (Still no debut for all three).

Performances:

GKs: Very happy with Radu, would love to bring him back. Buffon in 10 appearances, conceded 18 goals, and only 2 clean sheets. I don't think he could have contribute as the starting goalkeeper next season anyway. (His mentoring is what I'm looking for, though!)

DFs: Darmian and Pezella had been consistent and could have played all of the games as they seemed to avoid injuries. Only suspensions and threat of suspension in a more important game saw them rested. Gagliolo was good when he's not injured, growing to be a leader at the back. Been unlucky as he's always injured everytime the international breaks arrived.

Mfs: Scozzarella, Hernani, and Brugman been the pick of the bunch. Had expected more from Kucka and Kurtic. I will renew Scozzarella's contract (expiring in a month) and will make Hernani's move permanent.

FWs: Gervinho got better towards the end when I switched his role from IF-A to IW-S. Some important goals and assists. Kulusevski will get better in the second season feel, remember he is still 19 years old in his first full season. Karamoah is also showing signs of developing and contributing towards the end, his contributions off the bench have been key in some of the matches.

SCs: A tale of two half season! In the second half of the season, I rarely rested Inglese as his form seemed to pick up with more games he played in succession. Cornelius did scored important goals from the bench but saw less minutes than expected.

Youths: As a result, I had to give Adorante minutes from the LW instead of as a striker due to reason stated above. 4 goals and an assist in 10 starts and 11 subs appearances are good starts for him and he will be involved more next season. Stefano Palmucci, been really surprised by this guy! (He doesn't even have a picture in the facepack!) He's developing really well and will be promoted to the first team next season. 3 assists in 5 starts and 11 subs appearances is a good first season for him. A young Hungarian CB, Botond Balogh, is also developing well, but is yet to make his debut, only a few appearances on the bench. Will hope to play him in some games next season.

All 3 young players started the game at Parma, and will be part of my squad going forward.

1) Andrea Adorante

Spoiler

384999475_Screenshot2020-04-0708_24_40.thumb.png.9a0d1c66b2b1c615d05df4fcf686a05a.png

2) Stefano Palmucci

Spoiler

1668169527_Screenshot2020-04-0708_24_34.thumb.png.897c059860f9a38e02d286985f963cb3.png

3) Botond Balogh

Spoiler

902568422_Screenshot2020-04-0708_24_48.thumb.png.b6ba1c0917d9a36b8ce0d598f5c6e8be.png

Next update: Summer Transfer Window - Season 2!

Edited by quee

46 minutes ago, Vizzini said:

Did a Roma and bought a 31-year old Aubameyang on DLD-day for 35m pounds

Welcome to the thread! :D A nice return to Milan for Auba there, always find these kind of connections interesting :D

Mind showing us the rest of your squad and transfers?

Edit: What did you mean by 'Did a Roma'?

Edited by quee

11 minutes ago, quee said:

Welcome to the thread! :D A nice return to Milan for Auba there, always find these kind of connections interesting :D

Mind showing us the rest of your squad and transfers?

Edit: What did you mean by 'Did a Roma'?

Thank you! Yeah, he never played a league game for them, so kind of a second chance for him I guess.

Sure. Took over in February 2020, where they found themselves in 10th place, struggled tactically, trying all sorts, and ended up in 6th place.
Overhauled the squad in the summer and made a huge mistake this january window (thought Dortmund bid for Caldara, the centre back I was not playing much, but it was Calabria, who had been awesome for me).

bilde.thumb.png.9cfaea232971a36c16c4ad238715a929.png

The squad is looking a bit thin at the moment, especially since I just lost Auba, Kessie and Bennacer to the Africa Cup of Nations. Hoping to keep hold of the lead in the League while they are there, but the cracks are already beginning to show, as I was just dumped out of the cup by Parma, incidentally, losing 4-1, yikes!

bilde.thumb.png.080097bfa11c439c3fe6cc8c5ddd8641.png

Well, buying Auba for that money at that age, reminded me of when Roma shelled out a lot of money for a 30+ Batistuta, who fired them to their last championship if I remember correctly.

3 minutes ago, Vizzini said:

Overhauled the squad in the summer and made a huge mistake this january window (thought Dortmund bid for Caldara, the centre back I was not playing much, but it was Calabria, who had been awesome for me).

You were unable to cancel the transfer? :eek:

4 minutes ago, Vizzini said:

The squad is looking a bit thin at the moment,

Anybody from the youth sides able to step up? How is Maldini progressing?

6 minutes ago, Vizzini said:

dumped out of the cup by Parma, incidentally, losing 4-1, yikes!

:D Any chance of a screenshot of that Parma squad? Always interested to see how other Parma squads are in other saves.

7 minutes ago, Vizzini said:

Well, buying Auba for that money at that age, reminded me of when Roma shelled out a lot of money for a 30+ Batistuta, who fired them to their last championship if I remember correctly.

Ah, that make sense! Again another cool reference, I liked it! Hope to hear more of your updates! :D

In January with Atalanta, I'm doing very well in the league and pretty happy with the overall performance but Ilicic is very disappointing.

Playing usually as the DLF or behind the two.

Same problem with Gomez. 

IT seems like there's not enough space for the two of them and a striker.

Any suggestions?

image.thumb.png.945023dec1094effc0361efb1da5ee0b.png

image.thumb.png.c3d92ca5db68cc55a8985e33aee93c18.png

image.thumb.png.2d00dc897f29f9af37a90264e6d2a870.png

Edited by turgi

9 minutes ago, turgi said:

Any suggestions?

Welcome!

Maybe because all 3 are on Attack duty?

I've never managed Illicic before but I think I would try him as an trequartista, myself. Not sure if he's suited though.

Did you had the first window disabled?

3 minutes ago, quee said:

Welcome!

Maybe because all 3 are on Attack duty?

I've never managed Illicic before but I think I would try him as an trequartista, myself. Not sure if he's suited though.

Did you had the first window disabled?

Thanks!

Well, basically I have tweaked the AM between AM(A), AP(S) and EG(S). So I'm not sure that's the problem.

Have tried Ilicic as a Trequartista as well.

First window is not disabled, the screenshot show Mancini because I picked the best XI but he is in Roma.

Toloi is playing as right center back but apart form that this is my usual line up.

6 minutes ago, turgi said:

Thanks!

Well, basically I have tweaked the AM between AM(A), AP(S) and EG(S). So I'm not sure that's the problem.

Have tried Ilicic as a Trequartista as well.

First window is not disabled, the screenshot show Mancini because I picked the best XI but he is in Roma.

Toloi is playing as right center back but apart form that this is my usual line up.

What about Illicic as a DLF-S? He seems to assist well enough according to your screen.

33 minutes ago, ParanoidBuddha said:

@quee are you liking FM20 then? I admit I spent I ton of time to check the db etc rather than play. Now I'll start properly though :D Can you please show me Kulusevski's attributes in june?

I am actually! :D

Here's Kulusevski on July 1st 2020 (This is where I'm stuck now, thinking about transfer and what to do next :D)

1491577496_Screenshot2020-04-0719_34_16.thumb.png.494fabda64b325f424aa0f0f57dd8c43.png

By the way, can you check what foot is Armini in your game? I remembered a topic here showing him as left footed, but he is right footed in mine. Would have been perfect if he was left footed as a long term replacement for Gagliolo.

17 minutes ago, Eddie Boop said:

Hey team – just started as Lazio, good to meet you all.

Has anyone got any screenshots of Raspadori (the Sassuolo striker) a few seasons into the game? 

Welcome!

With editor view:

Spoiler

image.thumb.png.faf1cc620fbe1a9534bd828cb28fa01c.png

Normal view:

Spoiler

image.thumb.png.398c1d67b69e2959a9093ace95198296.png