Jump to content

[FM20][FM21][FM22] Calcio


Recommended Posts

  • Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

20 hours ago, JRS192 said:

Funny that you got Mancini but couldn't get Castrovilli when I had the opposite. - otherwise we'd start having eerily similar teams! 
 

Haha yeah, well when looking at Italian players who can play at high level, we dont have that many eh? As of Zaniolo I used him for a season on AMC, and now he got moved to AMR, and damn he's playing so much better now!

Edited by stgahoy
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, stgahoy said:

Haha yeah, well when looking at Italian players who can play at high level, we dont have that many eh? As of Zaniolo I used him for a season on AMC, and now he got moved to AMR, and damn he's playing so much better now!

You're not wrong! Castrovilli's been class for me as a Shadow Striker - him, Bennacer and Theo linking up down the left hand side is filth at times as they're all such good ball-carriers! Worth trying to unsettle if you're in need of a midfielder/AM long term. 

I was eyeing both Mancini and Pellegrini from Roma but they went to Chelsea and Bayern respectively. Suppose it'd feel a bit dodgy just raiding them (that's my excuse anyway!) Roma have made Harry Winks their big signing which is slightly underwhelming. That said, it looks like it's Inter's turn to struggle this year, they're well embroiled in a relegation battle. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Surprised on how De Paul is performing for the team, looks like one of those players who perform better than the stats suggest, 6 games in Serie A 4 goals 2 assists, 1(3) games in CL 2 goals and an assist from AMC position, have to say I'm super happy with him.

 

And we're expanding the J Stadium! Almost 47k soon

spacer.png

Edited by stgahoy
Link to post
Share on other sites

A lot of joy for a lot of my players in Qatar! They lifted the trophy!

spacer.png

Donnaruma, Bonucci and Mancini got picked to the World Cups best XI :)

Edited by stgahoy
Link to post
Share on other sites

After winning the treble in FM20 with Inter only using Italian players in FM21 I have started much lower. Going to be managing Lecco and only sign players born in Lombardy. Though roads ahead but it will be fun if we ever reach high enough to compete with Inter and Milan, or at least Atalanta and Brescia. Will probably put and End of Season Review here.

Link to post
Share on other sites

February 3rd season, this time not much happening, no transfers in and no transfers out performed. Cristiano and Alex Sandro both werent interested in extending their deals with me - quite surprising tbh, anyway both are departing to PSG at the end of the season - they fricking love my players lol. I'm super happy I've secured Calafiori in the summer for an end of the season transfer, Roma found super form on the save, and they are sitting 2nd behind me, in fact just 2 pts behind! So I'm guessing they wouldnt be happy to sell, and this way I managed to have him secured.

Most likely Tomiyasu will be leaving in summer - he's unhappy requested a transfer, and well I just cant give him first team slot, and Im super annoyed with the Japanese national team calendar, in January when I have a hell lot of games, he's not at the club - very annoying, I'll try to replace him with Calabria - he's at Atalanta now and I missed him in the summer for just 8M Euros...

Edited by stgahoy
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 01/01/2021 at 11:50, stgahoy said:

Surprised on how De Paul is performing for the team, looks like one of those players who perform better than the stats suggest, 6 games in Serie A 4 goals 2 assists, 1(3) games in CL 2 goals and an assist from AMC position, have to say I'm super happy with him.

Will have to take a look at him - the more good AMs, the better!
 

On 01/01/2021 at 12:30, mikcheck said:

The Prodigal Son returns  :)

Nice, how much did you sell him for? 
Think I saw your Hakimi sale on reddit - that's nuts!

2 hours ago, stgahoy said:

February 3rd season, this time not much happening, no transfers in and no transfers out performed. Cristiano and Alex Sandro both werent interested in extending their deals with me - quite surprising tbh, anyway both are departing to PSG at the end of the season - they fricking love my players lol. I'm super happy I've secured Calafiori in the summer for an end of the season transfer, Roma found super form on the save, and they are sitting 2nd behind me, in fact just 2 pts behind! So I'm guessing they wouldnt be happy to sell, and this way I managed to have him secured.

Most likely Tomiyasu will be leaving in summer - he's unhappy requested a transfer, and well I just cant give him first team slot, and Im super annoyed with the Japanese national team calendar, in January when I have a hell lot of games, he's not at the club - very annoying, I'll try to replace him with Calabria - he's at Atalanta now and I missed him in the summer for just 8M Euros...

Great timing on securing Calafiori then. How's Pellegrini done for you there? Ronaldo's a big loss aswell, assuming you're going for Haaland then? 
Shame about Tomiyasu, was he any good for you? I've not had chance to play since signing him. Calabria's a no-brainer if you can get him. Imagine Atalanta took advantage of his contract situation, I had Inter and Dortmund putting in £14mill bids at the start of the season but was able to get him to renew his contract. He's also really good at LB so will help with the Sandro situation.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hora atrás, JRS192 disse:

Nice, how much did you sell him for? 
Think I saw your Hakimi sale on reddit - that's nuts!

Is it on reddit? haha well it really was a crazy deal, I've never sold a player for so much money, not even close!

Man City paid Lautaro's release clause in my 1st season, €111M. Not much I could do there.

Edited by mikcheck
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, JRS192 said:

Great timing on securing Calafiori then. How's Pellegrini done for you there? Ronaldo's a big loss aswell, assuming you're going for Haaland then? 

Shame about Tomiyasu, was he any good for you? I've not had chance to play since signing him. Calabria's a no-brainer if you can get him. Imagine Atalanta took advantage of his contract situation, I had Inter and Dortmund putting in £14mill bids at the start of the season but was able to get him to renew his contract. He's also really good at LB so will help with the Sandro situation.

I used Tomiyasu as a cover CB/RB first season, and he was  very solid - 30(7) games in all comps, 2 goals 8 assists, and this season he plays as a cover RB 13(7) games and he noted 2 assists. I would be more than happy to keep him, but Liverpool unsettled him and I just can't give him the time/role he wants. But you will also be annoyed with those stupid international breaks, and Asian Cup  in January/February where you miss a really needed player in a very hot time of the season. So most likely we're parting ways at the end of the season, with Calabria or Mukiele will come in to cover.

As of Pellegrini I'm more than happy with him, no difference if I play Sandro or Luca there, so can only praise him.

Edited by stgahoy
Link to post
Share on other sites

I'll give him a run in the team - he made me promise that he'd get minutes playing as a Ball Playing Defender at CB, but I'll use him where I see fit. :') Pellegrini wanted to play as a FB(D) - I don't play with wingers so sod that!

A recent spike in form has lead me to start considering long term alternatives to Zlatan at AM - I'm finding that sitting him in a deeper position is really effective when dealing with those awful 3-3-2-2 formations (Lazio, I'm looking at you!). His playmaking, physical strengths make him an ideal 'target-ganche' as they were once called. It also helps that he doesn't need to run behind defenders with his 7 pace! The only guys I immediately think of are Pogba, Savic (both stupidly expensive) and Ronaldo (on the transfer list, but I'm apparently not big enough a club for him). 

On a slightly different note, Locatelli's signed a contract with a champions league club release clause of £20mill. Anyone used him?

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, JRS192 said:

I'll give him a run in the team - he made me promise that he'd get minutes playing as a Ball Playing Defender at CB, but I'll use him where I see fit. :') Pellegrini wanted to play as a FB(D) - I don't play with wingers so sod that!

On a slightly different note, Locatelli's signed a contract with a champions league club release clause of £20mill. Anyone used him?

This "Wants to play in xxx position" is super annoying this year, had 2-3 players requesting transfer list because he wants to play in xxx role - wtf, after half a season they usually were happy to stay bla bla bla, but thats an annoying feature. Now when offering new contracts I remove the role promise every time.

 

Locatelli looks awesome, on mine he plays at Real Madrid and they wont even let me approach him, If I were you that's a no brainer - home grown player for Milan also! If that team you showed last page is still the one you use, I would drop Gagliardini for Manu every day, 20M is just a steal.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Forgot he was homegrown! I approached him, but obviously as he's just signed a contract he won't talk to me yet. Ideally if I can get him in the summer, I will. 

Business end of the season now! 

Capture.PNG

Link to post
Share on other sites

dddSeason 3 update

Serie A

Just an incredible season, absolutely crazy - won the leage with 107 points 35 wins 2 draws 1 lose, and whats the most impressive thing I've lost only 8 goals during the season, madness! Roma came 2nd with 87 points, Milan in 3rd 80pts, Lazio in 4th 69 points. Inter with a very very bad 8th place, but they have won the Europa League final vs Lazio so they are qualified for CL.

Coppa Italia

I played reserves for the whole season here, and treated it completely as a tournament for the backup guys, and we've managed to win it in penalties vs Lazio after a 0-0 game, a very long penalty shootout with Szczęsny scoring the last penalty giving us a 10-9 win.

Champions League

We've managed to defend the title, wasnt an easy run. First knockout stage vs last years finalists Lyon and we won 1-0 and 2-1,  Quarter finals vs Atletico 2-0 and 2-2, Semi final vs PSG  3-1 at home and 1-1 away.  And the final vs RB Leipzig won 2-0.

Other cups of the season were the Club World Cup at the very beginning which we managed to win - Quarter final 4-4 vs R.Madrid and won in penalties, semifnal 2-1 vs PSG after extra time, and the final vs Liverpool which we won 2-1.   And the UEFA Super Cup was lost vs Chelsea 1-3.

 

Transfers

Quite an interesting transfer window I had, as Cristiano signed for PSG, along with Alex Sandro, and I also wanted to get rid of Arthur  not that he was performing bad, but Tonali grew to the point he can't stay on the bench, and I want to promote him to the first team. To be honest it was quite an unrealistic transfer window, and I overpayed for a few players here, but yeah it's the start of the 4th season, and it usually becomes like  this with City, PSG, Chelsea and others  throwing silly offers around.

eh the post editor somehow canceled alost the whole posts dont want to write all of that again.. so just the transfers fees no descriptions...

Transfers In:

  • Erling Haaland - €105M from Dortmund
  • Ricardo Orsolini - €59M from PSG
  • Castrovili - €53M from Fiorentina
  • Mateo Kovacic - €48M from Chelsea
  • Tammy Abraham €40M from Chelsea
  • Raspadori - €10M from Sassuolo
  • Calabria - €10M from Atalanta
  • Calafiori joining me after the summer  transfer

Outs:

  • Arthur - €72M to Liveprool
  • Luca Waldschmidt - €66M to Manchester United
  • Georginio Wijnaldum - €25M to PSG
  • Wojciech Szczęsny - €22M to Milan
  • Cristiano Ronaldo - €0M to PSG
  • Alex Sandro - €0M to PSG
  • Raspadori loaned out to Sampdoria
  • Passafiume (my best looking regen 5*) loaned out to Parma

 

Current first team:  Donnaruma - McKennie De Ligt Van Dijk Pellegrini - Bentancur Tonali - Milinkovic Savic Zaniolo Fati - Haaland

Reserves: Audero, Tomiyasu, Calabria, Mancini, Bonucci, Calafiori, Kovacic, Castrovili, Chiesa, De Paul,  Orsolini, Bernardeschi, Abraham

 

Oh and one of those "big transfers"

spacer.png

Edited by stgahoy
Link to post
Share on other sites

Great season and transfer window there! 

Haaland is obviously a great Ronaldo replacement in terms of a physical No.9. I've not used Tammy Abraham, but he's a similar sort of striker so makes sense. 
Orsolini's a great prospect, if I played wingers I'd definitely be looking at him. I used Kovacic on FM19 and he was one of my favourite midfielders in the game. Not familiar with Raspadori. 
As mentioned, Calabria and Castrovilli have both been great for me. Calabria topping the Serie A assist table in my game so he should get plenty for you, got him for a steal aswell considering he left Milan. Castrovilli's a big game player and pops up with plenty of goals and assists. 

We've made it to the CL Semi Finals where we meet Juventus. Toppled both Barcelona and Real Madrid in the knockouts, so playing Juventus is a nice bit of familiarity. Potential clash with Man Utd or Liverpool in the Final. 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Yeah I have overpaid on the Italian players both Orsolini and Castrovili were quoted pretty high, but whatever - I already am at the stage that I dont really need money in the budget. I chose Abraham for the reason you have mentioned his physical presence, I like to have a strong forward if playing a single stiker. Kovacić looks really good, and tbh I dont understand why Chelsea listed him so cheap, but I guess its because they splashed 100M+ on De Jong and Odeegard, what makes me happy is that he accepted a "first team" contract so no probs using him in rotation. So generally the team got even more complete now, as the bench is even stronger and has more depth than last season, some players need some time to develop to get to the level of the players they are replacing but I think I got a better team once again.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Hello.

i start a Napoli save yesterday, and i love it. After Maradona is past away, i think this could be a fun save, maybe see if i can find the new Maradona. 

I play a 4-3-3 dm wide, because i think the team suite this formations very well.

MM: Meret
RB: Di Lorenzo
CB: Koulibaly
CB: Manolas
VB: Ghoulam
DM: Locatelli
CM: Zieliński
CM: Fabián
OMH: Politano
OMV: Insigne
ANG: Osimhen

I have only played 3 games but have won them all.

Napoli - Juventus - 2-1
Fiorentina - Napoli - 0-2
Napoli - Spezia - 4-0

So it has been a great start of the season.

To my transfers.

Thiago Almada - £7,25 mio
I bought the guy, because i like the idea of Maradona. Iknow i not will end up as good as Maradona, but i hope i turn into a great player. He will be the first player in the way to find the next "Maradona"

Manuel Locatelli - £19,5 mio
I try to build a team with italians players with some key player from other country. This lad will bring som class to the team. Very happy to get him so cheap.

Andrea Papetti, Franco Tongya, Matteo Ruggeri, Martin Palumbo and Nicolò Rovella - £5,3 mio
All this youngster is also pick up for some small money. They all is for the furture, and i am very exciting to bring them in. 

Transfers out:

Arkadiusz Milik - £11,75 mio
I dont wanted to sell him, but i refused to sign a new contract, so thats why i sold him.

Elseid Hysaj - £5,5 mio
I player thats only 26, will not stay as a backup, in the start of the game i has 3 RB, so one of them should leave, and in the end it was Hysaj

Fernando Llorente - £400T
Big wage, thats all i say. 

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, stgahoy said:

Yeah I have overpaid on the Italian players both Orsolini and Castrovili were quoted pretty high, but whatever - I already am at the stage that I dont really need money in the budget. I chose Abraham for the reason you have mentioned his physical presence, I like to have a strong forward if playing a single stiker. Kovacić looks really good, and tbh I dont understand why Chelsea listed him so cheap, but I guess its because they splashed 100M+ on De Jong and Odeegard, what makes me happy is that he accepted a "first team" contract so no probs using him in rotation. So generally the team got even more complete now, as the bench is even stronger and has more depth than last season, some players need some time to develop to get to the level of the players they are replacing but I think I got a better team once again.

I love a physical forward. Imagine he'd be pushing 30 on your save now, but Belotti's been incredible for me - bullies defenders with his physicality on the ball, and harasses them off it - then consistently pops up with winning goals. Ibrahimovic is still getting double figure goals for me even at 41, though I typically use him as an AM now. I have Colombo aswell, who's a bit more lightweight but is still in the top three scorers despite playing for a very average Monza side. 

5 hours ago, dennislauridsen said:

Thiago Almada - £7,25 mio
I bought the guy, because i like the idea of Maradona. Iknow i not will end up as good as Maradona, but i hope i turn into a great player. He will be the first player in the way to find the next "Maradona"

Manuel Locatelli - £19,5 mio
I try to build a team with italians players with some key player from other country. This lad will bring som class to the team. Very happy to get him so cheap.

Andrea Papetti, Franco Tongya, Matteo Ruggeri, Martin Palumbo and Nicolò Rovella - £5,3 mio
All this youngster is also pick up for some small money. They all is for the furture, and i am very exciting to bring them in. 

Transfers out:

Arkadiusz Milik - £11,75 mio
I dont wanted to sell him, but i refused to sign a new contract, so thats why i sold him.

Elseid Hysaj - £5,5 mio
I player thats only 26, will not stay as a backup, in the start of the game i has 3 RB, so one of them should leave, and in the end it was Hysaj

Fernando Llorente - £400T
Big wage, thats all i say. 

Welcome aboard! 
Great signings there - you got Locatelli for a great price. I've heard great things about Almada, but never used him. Papetti and Rovella developed very quickly for me, and play fairly regularly despite their age. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, JRS192 said:

Welcome aboard! 
Great signings there - you got Locatelli for a great price. I've heard great things about Almada, but never used him. Papetti and Rovella developed very quickly for me, and play fairly regularly despite their age. 

thanks mate.

Yeah I'm also very happy with the signings. right now i have played 10 games in the league and won all 10.
i hope the youngsters will development very well :)

Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm struggling to settle on a save at the moment. I've flirted with a few ideas but nothing has grabbed me so far. I'm tempted to have a look at Serie C. Has anyone got any club recommendations? Perhaps a club with an interesting story? I'm familiar with Palermo, Bari and Pro Vercelli, but anyone else?

Link to post
Share on other sites

 

Esposito is quite a monster, 40 gol in 40 games so far as a AF in a 4312...12 in 6 in this season

yab5AmS.png

 

However, PSG is something absurd this year (third season in play), especially from midfield upwards with Marcos Llorente, Verratti, Kulusevski, Castrovilli, Neymar, Lemar, Cristiano Ronaldo, Mbappè, Salah, Angel Correa and Icardi. I hope I don't have to face it

Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, DanBeats90 said:

I'm struggling to settle on a save at the moment. I've flirted with a few ideas but nothing has grabbed me so far. I'm tempted to have a look at Serie C. Has anyone got any club recommendations? Perhaps a club with an interesting story? I'm familiar with Palermo, Bari and Pro Vercelli, but anyone else?

Serie B but I quite like Brescia. Good young players. Cistana and Papetti at the back are great. Spalek a good young attacking mid. and 2 experienced top Serie B strikers (and could do a job is Serie A) in Donnarumma and Torregrossa. Tonali is an optional fee for Milan so hope they don't take it up in the summer. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
55 minuti fa, skybluedave ha scritto:

Serie B but I quite like Brescia. Good young players. Cistana and Papetti at the back are great. Spalek a good young attacking mid. and 2 experienced top Serie B strikers (and could do a job is Serie A) in Donnarumma and Torregrossa. Tonali is an optional fee for Milan so hope they don't take it up in the summer. 

 

Brescia has a very interesting squad, I'm having a lot of fun. Martella and Sabelli are two excellent full-backs for B and decent for A, Ndoj is a very good playmaker.
 

Milan may not buy Tonali, but it is unlikely that he will stay at Brescia. In my save Cellino (the president) accepted an offer of 42 million from Arsenal.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Peluch said:

Milan may not buy Tonali, but it is unlikely that he will stay at Brescia. In my save Cellino (the president) accepted an offer of 42 million from Arsenal.

You may try to overcome that by offering him a new contract straight on his returtn if Milan doesnt buy out.

Link to post
Share on other sites

I am thinking of starting a Serie A game. The teams I am thinking of are Genoa, Bologna, Cagilari or Verona save. Can someone give me some pluses or managing either of these teams as I sort of know the Italian leagues but not this season at least.

I have had a great save with Parma in FM2020 and hoping to replicate that with a new team.

Link to post
Share on other sites
46 minutes ago, Ronaldo Beckham said:

I am thinking of starting a Serie A game. The teams I am thinking of are Genoa, Bologna, Cagilari or Verona save. Can someone give me some pluses or managing either of these teams as I sort of know the Italian leagues but not this season at least.

I have had a great save with Parma in FM2020 and hoping to replicate that with a new team.

I would say Bologna sounds like the best team out of those, you're having awesome players in Orsolini, Tomiyasu and Musa Barrow  and some very nice prospects in Vignato, Skov Olsen, Svanberg, looks like a very fun save.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, stgahoy said:

I would say Bologna sounds like the best team out of those, you're having awesome players in Orsolini, Tomiyasu and Musa Barrow  and some very nice prospects in Vignato, Skov Olsen, Svanberg, looks like a very fun save.

Yeah I just looked at all the squads and I am torn between Bologna and Genoa. I think I will go with Bologna though.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Bologna Season 1 Pre Season Review

So what I tend to do in most of my saves these days is whenever I manage a club I like to be a former player of that club and I decided to be former Bologna player Roberto Baggio.

image.jpeg.f5eb985a7338221b538dc41ea5fab49e.jpeg

image.png.2d0c77622d9034279efe73214d9f0948.png

Here is my best line up with the current players I have at the club.

image.thumb.png.ac8a6f72d6a22280826c95c5ac848adc.png

I can see from that screenshot that I need a good quality centre back and I have £5m to spend so I will probably use that to sign 1 good central defender and then crack on with the season.

I will keep you posted.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Am trying to create as near as real tactic for Inter Milan as to real life.

What are peoples opinions on the ‘style’?
vertical tik-tac, fluid counter attack, gengenpress, which one?

how would you work Martinez and Lukaku upfront?

I have found in a previous save as Roma in a 5-3-2 formation Vert tik-tac the wingbacks have a massive impact on the game possibly too much for it to be realistic.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Chelsea unsettled Zaniolo - obviously Im super annoyed how easy it is to unsettle my  players, usually just an offer from a team who wins nothing, 4th place in PL last season, 4th this season - yeah I would also want to leave for that leaving a two in a row Champions League winner :) They have offered €100M straight, I declined, Zaniolo of course cried and requested to be transfer listed bla bla bla, Chelsea increased the offer to €130M and I negotiated to €223M and setting time of transfer to end of season, with the thought that if I sell him then I will on a record fee, breaking the Mbappe record. Apparently thats cool for Chelsea, so I accepted. (even though I will have to give €55M to Roma), so "only" €163M left for me on this.

Not really happy letting him go, but I also got a bit mad he requested to leave, and got rid of him espescially with that money on the table. We'll see who will take his spot - either I will put Chiesa in the spot, or I will splash on Greenwood or maybe even Mbappe I dunno. Maybe I will try to buy Kulusevski back if thats possible :P

 

spacer.png

Edited by stgahoy
Link to post
Share on other sites

I've let the game continue for the 1st season so I can see if a 'big' team is in trouble in any of the leagues I have loaded...and low and behold Sampdoria were relegated from Serie A, so it's a good chance to offload their high earners and bring in some promising Italian youngsters in a bid to get back there again.

There's few things more satisfying in this game than finding a prospect, and then seeing them flourish...and then getting to act like a child when they want to leave for PSG.

Link to post
Share on other sites

After the departure of Zaniolo, I've moved Chiesa to AMR - guess I like him a bit more now after the game vs Milan IRL last Wednesday :P. Anyways I've started to look for a target I could splash money for, Bentancur most likely will be sold in the summer and I will get rid of all the cry babies of the team :lol: And I started to look at Pedri, who looks crazy good, but when going into the Barcelona first team, I noticed a guy named - Ilaix Moriba, and woah this guy looks like Pogba in 2014, crazy physical attributes, great long shots, great passing, very good mentals, and 186cm height! Crazy good season 16 goals and 14 assists from MC for them (as of March 16th). I knew this is my target! I scouted and my scouts rated I would need to pay his clausule of €174M, which I was ready to do, but I was like ah I'll offer less and see, €110M was rejected, I raised my offer to €150M and they have accepted it, probably could be bought cheaper, but with the sales I've made t hat doesnt bother me that much. Have to admit I'm super hyped and excitied, and cant wait till the end of the season so he joins.

Had a bit of a headache because I have Passafiume (regen from first season who has 5* potential for MC) and I also have Tonali in that spot so pretty packed up there. But the problem with Passafiume is that his personality is "Unambitious" I tried to mentor him but no success there. So in case he wont reach his potential Im backed up, if he does I can move Moriba to AMC and kind of naturally replace Milinkovic-Savic.

Moriba in March 2024

spacer.png

Link to post
Share on other sites

Last season

So since last time, I've gone through the jan transfer window making just a few changes. Most notably, Ribeiro and D'Ambrosio came in to strengthen the CB position while Kevin Long went out to Benevento. Ferguson and Baldazzi looks like decent prospects as well.

Spoiler

230874656_PalermoF.C._TransferHistory-2.png.b22d29a829ee48c08d66de8400838053.png1695208199_ConnorFerguson_Profile.png.41c5ed51a54dc29306c2d35c56660d48.png129013516_LeonardoBaldazzi_Profile.png.9461b2315103653301931e9985c8c3b7.png

I then went on to miss out on EURO qualifications by 1 point. Honestly shouldn't be too disappointed as I was massively overperforming, but right up until the end I was doing so well and CL was a possibility. Then our form absolutely tanked, so I was left bitterly disappointed by the end of the season.

Current season

Right now my second Serie A season is getting close to finished, currently having played 32 matches. I'm just about topping the table, but any kind of slip-up and the teams below will absolutely punish me as it's still agonizingly close. I think I have something of a thriller on my hands here.

Spoiler

1758529293_ItalianSerieA_Stages.png.1da479041574a328bc11547eff3fbeb8.png

Transfers

Had a minor overhaul during the summer, with several first team players leaving along with a most of my fringe players. Ended up with a lot of midfielders, so I let Charlie Wren go out on loan (currently transitioning to a 4-1-2-3, so next season he'll be staying).

Spoiler

1028788914_PalermoF.C._TransferHistory-3.png.d9eace5106f528ffa84e19c1f39086d2.png

First XI

Esposito sadly got injured for the last half of the season, leaving Tagseth and Priyashantha as my starting 2 at CM (with Bogsveen coming in when playing with a DM). Yuri Alberto is absolutely killing it up front and though I've rotated a bit, Mesquita and Perrier looks to becoming my first choice center back pairing. 

Current team along with the new first team signings:

Spoiler

 

663994084_PalermoF.C._Overview-2.png.7290c39ea0c019f04c671eaaf0699ae6.png28585003_GuillaumePerrier_Profile.png.88247b32b758b499c580fe6637ede17e.png1398451890_IvoMesquita_Profile.png.45a461a2ce154920a19c341125dcef22.png1712425646_WeerappuliPriyashantha_Profile.png.c55b78bcbb880438df4196c2f22cafa9.png1637710152_EdvardTagseth_Profile.png.f6e1fb593c05ee3fc46c5753fec2e101.png575547928_YuriAlberto_Profile.png.8f6fc4aaaba63c08bcd686492c6dcdce.png


 

 

Youngsters

And then we have the rest of the talents, with Baldazzi and Wren being out on loan for gametime while the rest are used as backups or squad players. All of them have the potential to become starters in the future, so it's pretty much a case of seeing how they'll develop now. Worst case scenario they'll be profitable investments.

Spoiler

1677728888_CharlieWren_Profile.png.58b9c3b69239641a38916f045c2ec5fb.png129013516_LeonardoBaldazzi_Profile.png.9461b2315103653301931e9985c8c3b7.png2116351444_KennethSderberg_Profile.png.1908b20510b349911aa8c9ef69820460.png1934726670_LinJie_Profile.png.fd34fdde2c0fd1ba8942f04e898bb56b.png1695208199_ConnorFerguson_Profile.png.41c5ed51a54dc29306c2d35c56660d48.png910075503_RamonCenturelli_Profile.png.5972fa25fdcf8a2595d092b008ac6132.png

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Bologna Season 1 Review

image.png.f4aaab15703688e184ab602c0feea479.png

I managed to finish nicely in 9th place which is where Bologna should be in the first season. I barely had any money to spend in the summer but the starting squad was good enough for now.

image.thumb.png.a7ec97fa75c7ae0ddd851fff0aeb1bfd.png

The best games of the season was a 4-1 win over Cagilari and a 3-0 win over Sassulo.

image.thumb.png.0672003d24c5387b2f5a6edbde1a54da.png

Here is my best overall starting line up for the season.

image.thumb.png.c9ad4296ca468a2e08f395b312d225bc.png

My fans player of the season was Musa Barrow,Riccardo Orsolini got the young player of the season and Rodrigo Palacio who at 39 years old still banged the goals in with 17 goals for the season.

image.thumb.png.8b9119856fabff386e5456b3e7a6cce1.png

Rodrigo Palacio

image.thumb.png.71e53db7b9b2ec64795d01aad0b3d745.png

Musa Barrow

image.thumb.png.916bf2850aa34db2c73dbf2251fee7e6.png

Riccardo Orsolini

image.thumb.png.314e283bbc44688d1b22e60db7095672.png

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Just finished the 2021/22 season, and it was drama from start to finish! 

Serie A
The Scudetti returns to the San Siro! While the table shows we only finished 6 points clear of 2nd place Lazio, we never really looked like losing this. After a 1-0 loss to Parma in September, we went on a 31 game unbeaten streak, only losing to Inter once the league was secure. Highlights include the 5-3 win against Inter from my January update, along with big wins home and away against Roma (4-0, 3-0) and Juventus (3-2, 4-0) and a 5-0 decimation of previous champions Atalanta.

Italian Cup
We comfortably beat Lazio 4-0 across two legs in the semi-finals, but unfortunately lost 2-1 to Juventus in the final. They had two shots on target (a penalty and a corner), which was frustrating. This was the last game of a four game series of consecutive games against Juve (CL Semi Leg 1, League, CL Semi Leg 2, Italian Cup). We won the other three comfortably, but couldn't get over the final hurdle. 

Champions League
An incredible (and unexpected) run saw us reach the Champions League Final. After scalping Man City in the Group Stage (1-0, 3-0), Barcelona in the First Knockout (1-1,0-0), Real Madrid in the quarters (3-0, 0-1) and Juventus in the Semi's (3-0, 3-2), we faced Man Utd in the final. After a 2-2 draw, we suffered heartbreak in a penalty shootout. Zlatan and Romagnoli missing on our end, with Donnarumma saving Rashford's attempt.

European Supercup
Posted a screenshot earlier in the thread, but we beat the previous year's CL Winners, Chelsea 1-0 for this.

I can't complain overall, as winning the title is massive - but we were two games off a quadruple (counting the Super Cup). Gives me something to aim at next year I suppose! 

Awards

AC Milan - Serie A Best Club of the Year
Me - Serie A Manager of the year
Gianluigi Donnarumma - World Goalkeeper of the Year, World Golden Glove, Champions League Goalkeeper of the Season
Davide Calabria - Serie A Defender of the Season, Champions League Defender of the Season
Ismael Bennacer - Serie A Player of the Year, Serie A Midfielder of the Season
Andrea Belotti - Serie A Top Goalscorer (21 goals), Lorenzo Colombo came second with 20 goals out on loan at Monza. 


Plans for next season

I have agreed deals for Locatelli (£20mill) and Ahmedhodzic (£3.2mill). Locatelli will slot straight into the squad for Jorginho, as I won't be taking up his option to buy. Ahmedhodzic doesn't have an apparent slot in the squad yet, but couldn't leave him at that price! Will likely loan him out, see if he gains value, then decide where he sits from there. I have also raided our rivals for some of their best academy players with a view to make us more self sufficient. 

Ibrahimovic and Viviano have both announced they will be retiring and the end of this season, so I will be in the market for some further additions. Viviano proved a more than capable understudy for Donnarumma so it's a shame to see him go. Ibrahimovic had an excellent season, with 12 goals and 8 goals. Not bad considering he's 40 years old, with 6 acceleration and pace!

To replace Zlatan as Belotti's backup, Colombo will return from his loan at Monza, while I will also be looking for a 4th AM as Zlatan spent most of the season there. I will likely look for another veteran goalkeeper to be my 2nd choice GK. 
 

Edited by JRS192
Link to post
Share on other sites

Great season mate, so I guess next season plan is to win the CL, eh? ;)

 

I "killed" my save, won a triple crown third time in a row, and well not having much fun, gonna start a new save with a better challenge now probably, most likely out of Italy now.

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, stgahoy said:

Great season mate, so I guess next season plan is to win the CL, eh? ;)

I "killed" my save, won a triple crown third time in a row, and well not having much fun, gonna start a new save with a better challenge now probably, most likely out of Italy now.

Think we have to now! Tbh, I didn't have us at that level yet, but we've consistently been matching the bigger clubs - even against Man Utd in the CL Final we were the better side. 

That's a shame! Will follow your progress with Sociedad in the La Liga thread - they're an exciting team on this game. 

Currently playing through the Club World Championship in pre-season. I hate it as a concept - I've had no pre-season training, and essentially got to keep the season going for a nothing competition. 

I've made an additional signing since my summary, Salvatore Sirigu comes in to replace the retiring Viviano. He fits a similar profile, former Italian international, plenty of Serie A & CL experience. He suffered relegation with Torino this season so I've picked him up for a cool £800K. 

With Jorginho staying for another year, I adjusted my numbers by selling Rade Krunic to Monterrey for £10.25mill. A capable midfielder, but Rovella has essentially replaced him as the utility option in my midfield, and he also takes up a non-EU spot. 

While I was thinking of bringing an another AM to replace Zlatan, my new line of thinking is that I can move Franco Vazquez back into the AM ranks, as I always found using both him and Zlatan in my attacking three slowed my counters down to a crawl (with a combined 16 pace between them!) Vazquez does bring similar physicality to the role. 

Squad as it is looks something like this. Open to thoughts. 

Screenshot 2021-01-10 at 18.46.03.png

Link to post
Share on other sites

Lost in the Final of the World Club Championships to Liverpool 3-1, after beating Flamengo, Spurs and Chelsea. Liverpool have a front three of Salah, Mane, Lautaro now and it's filth. The Premier League looking to be stiff competition in Europe now, Man Utd have added Haaland for £90mill aswell - him and Zapata with Rashford, Bruno and Pogba in behind is nothing to be sniffed at either! 

Meanwhile, Pirlo's been sacked from Juventus with Jorge Jesus coming in. Roma have sacked De Rossi, so it'll be interesting to see who replaces him. Possibly some new contenders for the new season. 

Glad to be out of that horrible tournament and actually doing some preseason training and introducing the new signings. I'm not foreseeing any further additions so it's Sirigu, Locatelli, Ahmedhovic in (£24mill), then Krunic, Musacchio, Ibrahimovic, Viviano out (£18mill) - still a decent net-spend.

Edited by JRS192
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/01/2021 at 19:46, JRS192 said:

Think we have to now! Tbh, I didn't have us at that level yet, but we've consistently been matching the bigger clubs - even against Man Utd in the CL Final we were the better side. 

That's a shame! Will follow your progress with Sociedad in the La Liga thread - they're an exciting team on this game. 

Currently playing through the Club World Championship in pre-season. I hate it as a concept - I've had no pre-season training, and essentially got to keep the season going for a nothing competition. 

I've made an additional signing since my summary, Salvatore Sirigu comes in to replace the retiring Viviano. He fits a similar profile, former Italian international, plenty of Serie A & CL experience. He suffered relegation with Torino this season so I've picked him up for a cool £800K. 

With Jorginho staying for another year, I adjusted my numbers by selling Rade Krunic to Monterrey for £10.25mill. A capable midfielder, but Rovella has essentially replaced him as the utility option in my midfield, and he also takes up a non-EU spot. 

While I was thinking of bringing an another AM to replace Zlatan, my new line of thinking is that I can move Franco Vazquez back into the AM ranks, as I always found using both him and Zlatan in my attacking three slowed my counters down to a crawl (with a combined 16 pace between them!) Vazquez does bring similar physicality to the role. 

Squad as it is looks something like this. Open to thoughts. 

Screenshot 2021-01-10 at 18.46.03.png

Looking good, I've been bouncing around a few saves of late and really struggling to just stick to one but you've motivated me to go back to my Milan save and continue my mission of building a mainly Italian squad and bringing success back to the club. How have you found it keeping hold of players like Hernandez and Donnarumma? You're not having too many issues with the likes of Man City or Man Utd come in with bids and them becoming unsettled? 

Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, MrWhite09 said:

Looking good, I've been bouncing around a few saves of late and really struggling to just stick to one but you've motivated me to go back to my Milan save and continue my mission of building a mainly Italian squad and bringing success back to the club. How have you found it keeping hold of players like Hernandez and Donnarumma? You're not having too many issues with the likes of Man City or Man Utd come in with bids and them becoming unsettled? 

I've not had too many problems - Hernandez hasn't really drawn much interest. Man City and PSG have tried unsettling Bennacer and Donnarumma respectively, but neither has been interested when the offers has come in. 

I see the odd note that players are thinking of joining bigger clubs, but not to the point that anyone's wanting to leave. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Hey sorry if that has been asked before. But just signed Bentancur for my Chelsea side - 3rd season in for £82m, what’s the best way to use him to get the best from him? I’ve also got Mount, Rice and Havertz. Juve used £72m of the £82m to sign Kovavic from me! Thank you. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 16/01/2021 at 00:59, bucket said:

Hey sorry if that has been asked before. But just signed Bentancur for my Chelsea side - 3rd season in for £82m, what’s the best way to use him to get the best from him? I’ve also got Mount, Rice and Havertz. Juve used £72m of the £82m to sign Kovavic from me! Thank you. 

He's quite versatile, I've mainly used him as a BBM or DLP(D) in central midfield, but he can play deeper as DMC as well. He seems to suit a lot of the roles, so it might be a case of who else you're playing in midfield and what strengths they have.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Bologna Season 2 Review

A much better season with Bologna with us finishing 6th in the league and getting Europa League football for next year.

image.thumb.png.920d9340cebb20cbc61d6d8fb55b04b3.png

Matias Arezo was the top scorer this season for Bologna with 15 goals in 34 games. 

image.thumb.png.6efd2b562812d7283edead0b9cab341f.png

My other star player was Japan international Right Back Takehiro Tomiyasu who I have turned down offers of over £20m for him from Chinese clubs. He got 9 assists for the season and performed really well.

image.thumb.png.ccbe1573c874d5e2fca9dd92480d9222.png

Bargain signing of the season for me was signing Left Back Fode Ballo-Toure from Monaco for £1.8m. He got 8 assists and got the best overall average rating at the club.

image.thumb.png.ffd99764580d0c79b0f84d48201c1670.png

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...