zlatanera

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

8 minutes ago, quee said:

Depends how different it will be.

Definitely not on release, earliest is my usual after Winter Transfer Update if I do decide to get it.

Definitely :thup: Not sure if I will start in France or Italy :lol:

В 26.09.2020 в 06:59, john1 сказал:

Decent season overall :thup: No shame in losing to Dortmund in Europa League, I am not surprised to see Cagliari done well as they seems to be hard team to beat at times.

Good youngsters you have got in via youth intakes, I would be tempted to rename Francesco Ratti to Francesco Totti Jr :D;)

Thanks! I think Ratti is not good enough to have Totti on his t-shirt))

AS_Roma_logo_(2017).svg 2021 - 2022 season review

Transfers

Out

pmvYyQwip

In

pmiVRGHSp

Signed Orsolini as replacement for Schick. Very good deal for us. Zirkzee is real bargain. For only 5M we got top goalscorer with plenty of potential. Also we added some experience and class to our attack by signing on free Higuain. Another notable buy is young talent Maggio from Torino.

Serie A

pn8vz1FCp 

Absolutely fantastic season for us. Rome is on fire. Despite some bad results on the finish of the season we beat Lazio in title race and won our first scudetto in 21 years. "Biancocelesti" also had impressive season and won Europe league, beating Man Utd in the final.

Coppa Italia

poZj86hep

poMSNGl6p

UEFA Champions League

pnthVk0tp

pmw2vofIp

It was one of the best european campaign in my fm experience. Beating Bayern, Real and PSG in knockouts we were in one step from making history but Chelsea and their agent Veretout had another plans on this day. By the way Veretout was transfer listed immediately.

Top performers:

Joshua Zirkzee - 39 matches (all competitions): 14 goals, 5PoM, 7.25 av. rat. 

Pau Lopez - 51 matches: 35 goals conceded, 30 clean sheets

Lorenzo Pellegrini - 38 matches: 3 goals + 15 assists, 7PoM, 7.56 av. rat.

Our primavera won u20 league and Viareggio tournament. Our youngsters also won their league - u17 and supercopa u-18.

As for youth intake - two promising kids:

Gabriele Salvatori (AM(R), ST)

Luciano Bussetta (M(C))

Edited by Vladis

On 11/10/2020 at 11:19, Muttley84 said:

Cant wait for FM21. This year I will probably first start in Serie C, any interesting teams irl? After that I will show Conte how to win the treble :))

Last I checked Serie C was still on strike!

I don't know enough about the squads yet, but Pro Vercelli remain the most historically interesting Serie C club. Palermo have been promoted after their bankruptcy, and Catania are still there, so there are two chances to take Sicily back to the top flight. And my beloved Bari should be favorites, I think, and they certainly have the biggest stadium to grow into!

37 minutes ago, quee said:

First info for FM21 @john1@WilsonJuve @Muttley84 @ParanoidBuddha@Matt_1979@Ronaldo Beckham

Not a great deal of new info so far, would have thought the first mention would be the ME improvement :(

I aint expecting much to be honest cos of the distruption with Co-Vid and also how much can you improve a game like FM.

The reason why they probably release the game every year with a few different add ons is to justify paying for the game we love. They have to keep making money to pay staff etc. 

I would think FM2021 is just FM2020 v2 or something like that. I have already pre-ordered FM2021 out of loyalty and also I get way more then my moneys worth every year so I aint fussed.

It would be nice to see a few new features as the expression goes if it aint broke then don't fix it.

1 minute ago, ParanoidBuddha said:

@quee I will buy it (almost) no matter what :D I wont buy it only if they haven't implemented the decreto crescita

So, unlikely you will buy it? :lol:

Don't think there's been any mention of them including that right? I haven't seen it mentioned at least by SI staff.

Besides, will you play it this time? You still haven't played FM20 despite owning and editing them for a year now! :D

33 minutes ago, Ronaldo Beckham said:

The reason why they probably release the game every year with a few different add ons is to justify paying for the game we love. They have to keep making money to pay staff etc. 

I would think FM2021 is just FM2020 v2 or something like that. I have already pre-ordered FM2021 out of loyalty and also I get way more then my moneys worth every year so I aint fussed.

Spoken like a true loyalist, RB :D I do respect that, even if I don't necessarily agree with the sentiment.

34 minutes ago, Ronaldo Beckham said:

It would be nice to see a few new features as the expression goes if it aint broke then don't fix it.

As the ME seems to be the most complained by others, something definitely "broke" that would need fixing.

That said, the ME was never a problem for me. Anybody who had seen my posts or read my updates, I never complained about them and I had even suggested using the public beta version sees a better ME performance (though I admit this might just be me wanting to believe it) :lol:

So, I wouldn't agree with the saying "if it ain't broke then don't fix it" - especially in regards to new features. If it's just roster and attributes updates each year, then wouldn't be in good faith to keep selling new game each year under that condition. Paying for an update or a DLC like PES is doing would be enough, for example, even-though that was not a popular decision amongst the fans.

Obviously, they do have some new features already planned, so that part is at least promising. The chip over the GK was my favourite part of the teaser, tbh! 

They definitely need the decreto crescita for Calcio players to make Italy partly unique to play in.

4 minutes ago, quee said:

Spoken like a true loyalist, RB :D I do respect that, even if I don't necessarily agree with the sentiment.

As the ME seems to be the most complained by others, something definitely "broke" that would need fixing.

That said, the ME was never a problem for me. Anybody who had seen my posts or read my updates, I never complained about them and I had even suggested using the public beta version sees a better ME performance (though I admit this might just be me wanting to believe it) :lol:

So, I wouldn't agree with the saying "if it ain't broke then don't fix it" - especially in regards to new features. If it's just roster and attributes updates each year, then wouldn't be in good faith to keep selling new game each year under that condition. Paying for an update or a DLC like PES is doing would be enough, for example, even-though that was not a popular decision amongst the fans.

Obviously, they do have some new features already planned, so that part is at least promising. The chip over the GK was my favourite part of the teaser, tbh! 

They definitely need the decreto crescita for Calcio players to make Italy partly unique to play in.

Don't get me wrong they could always make improvements but I have never enjoyed or played a game more then FM.  For example I have played nearly 3000 hours on FM2020. If you convert that into days I have played 1/3 of the year on FM lol.

I have played about the same amount of hours on each version of FM.

Also what is decreto crescita?

2 minutes ago, Ronaldo Beckham said:

Also what is decreto crescita?

Something related to how much income tax a player would pay playing in Italy. In theory, it would make it more attractive to come to Italy as the tax would be lower thus creating an advantage for Serie A as an attractive destination. This mean clubs will pay players less money but the players will get to keep more of it anyway so it would still equal the previous amount under the old tax system.

Think Monaco's situation, but not quite exactly the same :confused::lol:

@ParanoidBuddha can always explain it better than me :D

7 minutes ago, Ronaldo Beckham said:

3000 hours

I would do this, easily and more. But only on the greats of FMs. :lol:

Took me a decade and a few different HoYDs, but I finally got my first truly great youth intake prospect:

image.thumb.png.5742d87f7590c565e345292c147084e4.png

Also, I don't know if you have La Croix sparkling water where you live, but I had to laugh at this coincidental pun:

image.png.fc59d393910fa3bcf9ab6c71a7b190ad.png

Edited by Weston

AS_Roma_logo_(2017).svg 2022 - 2023 season review

Transfers

popAzw7Ip

It was hard decision to sell Cristante but i couldn't guarantee him as much playing time as he wanted because of Pellegrini and returning from two years loan in Juve Stabia Alessio Riccardi (he is developing rapidly and could become worldclass playmaker in next few years). Alderweireld was good enough but he wanted new contract and star status that's unacceptable according his age and lack in quickness which is crucial for the football we play.

QOIkOO.png

We have returned Luca Pellegrini to the club. He is good for rotation but could develop more and fight for the regular starter status with Reguillon in the future. Pedro was outstanding last season for Brescia with 18 goals in the serie A and should be great competitor for Zirkzee. And our scouts found in Basel very talented Swiss/Kosovan Mergim Bytyqi.

Serie A

pnI5Lm3Bj

I'm pleased with our run during this season and final place. We were in fight for the title until last tours but Inter was better at the finish of the season. By the way Nerazzurri made the double wining Europe league.

Coppa Italia

pnQZfDKrp

pnQc8UZBp

This year we did it! Derby against Lazio in the final - what could be better? Only winning it of course. 

UEFA Champions League

pmUfK130p

po3FYzeXp

As in the previous season we were unlucky with the draw for knockout round. But if last year we went through top Bayern side, this time we didn't coup with great Barcelona. 0-3 in the first leg and narrow 1-0 win at Stadio Olimpico. Lazio is the main sensation. EL and CL title in two years it's unbelievable.

Players stats:

pos4kX0Wp

Top performers:

Pedro - 39 matches (all competitions): 24 goals, 6 assists, 6PoM, 7.29 av. rat. 

Lorenzo Pellegrini - 34 matches: 4 goals, 11 assists, 6PoM, 7.35 av. rat.

Alessio Riccardi - 32 matches: 3 goals, 7 assists, 4PoM, 7.61 av. rat.

Now the main dilemma for me is what to do with Pellegrini-Riccardi. They occupy the same position and role in my tactic and boths want to be regular starters and key players for the team. Theoretically i could use them both in DLP (Riccardi) -BBM (Pellegrini) partnership  but i also have Zaniolo and young Maggio for the BBM role. Real headache)

Our Primavera had an outstanding season winning u20 league, Primavera Cup and UEFA Youth league (2-1 against PSG in the final). 

Youngsters also won their league - u17 and supercopa u-18.

As for youth intake - two talented strikers:

Andrea Foresti (ST)

Franco Menochio (ST)

Edited by Vladis

17 hours ago, quee said:

First info for FM21 @john1@WilsonJuve @Muttley84 @ParanoidBuddha@Matt_1979@Ronaldo Beckham

Not a great deal of new info so far, would have thought the first mention would be the ME improvement :(

For the third year in a row going to only buy the Touch version (actually already have it in my steam library). With the wife and kids not really a lot of time to invest into FM, and I don't want to waste it anymore on all the micro-management tasks. Sure, I wont be having a lot of options, no customized databases, but it is going to work faster and remember me of the first iteration of the game I have played.
Not even the ME is going to be a deal-breaker for me, guess I just turned out into a casual leisure playing guy haha...
Going to start in my native Romania for the beta, then jump to some Serie C team after full release and only plan to manage my beloved Inter next year. That is if Conte is not bringing them to a 10+ points at the top of the league and winning 6 out of 6 in the Champions League, situation in which it would be to easy to play with them :) 

Ive started fm again for the first time in 10years, took Milan as i know them best. Somehow managed to become 3rd in the first season with a lot of luck and bad actic. Tweaked it a bit and its going better in the second season ,although a lot of goals come from set pieces.

Brought in Tonali, Boga and Romero, and let go of big earners like Ibra, laxalt, reina, rodriguez.  Unfortunately nobody wanted caldara or Musachio.

Didnt get as much transferbudget as i expected (and had to pay a lot for tonali), so brought in Moise Kean and Cucurella on loan as backup for Leao and Hernandez. Average  age is 23.

Aside from the attractive football not being there, only issue is Bennacer who wants to leave and I'm only gonna get 35M for him probably.

And that I still have issues navigating. But it feels good to be back into fm

Edited by eXistenZ

On 10/10/2020 at 14:46, Swills417 said:

----

Further plans in the 2027 summer window are already underway - we secured Odegaard and a 32 year old Tolliso on bosman deals. Odegaard will most likely replace the Lo Celso or Bruno Fernandes as Mezzala and Tolliso the rotational Kante role. These will also replace the leadership of the following players who will leave the club at the end of the season. 

Koulibaly - Released
Kante - Released
Immobile - Retirement and joining the backroom staff
Acerbi - Retirement and joining the backroom staff
Florenzi - Retirement and joining the backroom staff

That's €40m off the books annually! 

Mendy most likely will go also if I can get a reasonable fee for him. Francisco (regen) has that flank tied down now, with another regen currently out on loan ready to be understudy. We will probably accept decent fees for our club captain Lisandro Martinez at center back and Timothy Weah if he can be upgraded upon at a reasonable price. 

We are targeting a number of players including a left sided physical specimen of a central defender - I'm coming for your William Saliba. A long term prospect at right back and additional firepower up top.  Seb Esposito (currently at Manchester City) and Moise Keane (transfer listed by Manchester United) are leading targets. Who could be available in the €50-60m range. There is a Columbian striker at Tottenham who I hope kicks up a fuss about failure to qualify for the ECL who would be the marque transformative signing the club hasn't seen since Ronaldo. 

Currently looking for a collection of athletes in any incoming players - the squad really lack this with the aging legs. Also looking for a defender with excellent set-piece ability - a cross between Sergio Ramos from the penalty spot and TAA for his corners and free kicks. 

Our under 20's were also relegated from their league this season winning only 1 game all season. Obviously the man repsonsible is facing the sack and a new young upstart with Juventius DNA will be ushered in. I think Carlos Tevez is due a promotion! 

Will also look to increase our number of affiliates, I want to secure one with Notts County considering the history between the clubs. 

Will hopefully post again before FM21 is available. Really loving this save. 

So, the summer window of 2027 has closed and I'm very happy with our business. We have stronger depth in number of positions and also have minimal disruption to the first team.  Despite my best attempts, the wage bill has grown to €290m per annum. However, we had to go to the market to ensure we were legitimate contenders for Serie A this season. As you can see we committed huge wages to Moise Kean, who  arrived in a €68m deal from Manchester United. He potentially could be the transformative striking signing we needed to make to secure Juve's first title since 2020. Tolisso and Odegaard also required slightly inflated deals as they arrived on bosman deals. 

Sule arrived on deadline day, having failed to source a young athletic left side central defender to supercede Lisandro Martinez in the first team. Dest's availablity was a stroke of luck as Liverpool transfer listed him and I secured a loan deal for him, with an option of about €37m. 

image.png.909cddccae04b7674ae5af15f836e524.png

I was extremely happy with the deal to secure SMS from Lazio. They wanted one of our winger wonderkids and as a result, they paid €1.5m and sent Sergej the other way to secure the deal. This was a running theme of the window as our talented collection of  regen wingers left the club for a total of €140m for two players who would never had started for me. (including €90m for one winger with the worst spread of attributes - cheers Liverpool!).

1961592257_Thisdealomg.PNG.4586b48a619d38d29def52bce43cff59.PNG

Our season has started promisingly , with 11 goals scored in 4 goals. However, we have shipped a massive amount of goals already and suffered a damaging early season defeat to Lazio at home. SMS being forced into the error that lead to the player he swapped with running clear and scoring. Poetic justice? Hopefully, long term we will emerge as the superior club. 

2 hours ago, Swills417 said:

They wanted one of our winger wonderkids and as a result, they paid €1.5m and sent Sergej the other way to secure the deal.

Wow! I'm very surprised to see you managed to secure a trade deal, especially with such a high profile player. And with a massive percentage of future transfer fee no less!

I often try to do swap deals and they NEVER happen, even when the other club is interested in the player of mine that I offer. They AI just never seems to go for them, or even really acknowledge them in negotiations at all, it usually feels as if the player I'm offering up isn't even on the table. Never received an offer to do a trade one single time, either. The only time I can ever remember it happening for me was when I traded a backup goalkeeper I had just signed several editions ago.

I've actually posted in the feature request forum that I'd like them to make this a more viable strategy, especially considering how frequently it happens in real life these days.

Edited by Weston

1 minute ago, john1 said:

Looks pretty good but still want to find out what more features they going to announce. ME looks pretty good as well.

Yeah, those bits of gameplay seems promising. Need to watch more of it. At least they are crossing before allowing the defender getting too close :D

Isn't Open Arms, Shake Heads etc just a replacement for Aggressive, Passionate etc. ? I wonder how new of a feature it is.

The recruitment is my most interested part of the video, though I have the same worry if all of it already exist under Scouting but just under a different section of the game now.

2 hours ago, quee said:

More info.

I aint that impressed but as I said before it could be the exact same game as FM2020 and I would still buy it to show my support to Sigames/Sega. I am probably a wally for being so loyal but they have given me so many hours of enjoyment that I don't mind spending £30-£40 a year.

Reached the winter break of 2027, I would say its been an oustanding season so far in the league with us only losing once. Unfortunately the top 4 of Inter, Lazio, Us and Napoli have set a ridiculous standard so far. There is just no room to slip up at all. My current points per game average when applied over the 38 games would have us finish on 93 points, with Inter on course for a century.  

image.png.6d8b36816f5c5e9175e4d5fade28a28d.png

We were desperately unlucky to lose that 1 game against Lazio, a narrow 3-2 loss with a late winner for them. A similar theme emerged in the ECL group stage, which we finished a pathetic 3rd yet again. We were undone twice against Barcelona conceding late goals. Desperately frustrating to have pushed the holders nearly all the way in both games. But not good enough to only be beating Leipzig at home and Vienna. Poor showing from us in this seasons competition.  

I speculate its a result of deploying a narrow 4-3-1-2, with the highest line possible on attacking duty which is fine domestically as most of Serie A in 2027 do not have exceptional wing play. However, in Europe - we got found out. Ansu Fati and Bernardo Silva for Barcelona causing all kinds of issues. I've now adapted to a 4-3-3 with a flat midfield. 

image.png.e70f7c40ebb551c5be609bf4683b005c.png

image.png.82d955aa4252fcfc53632260ed094acf.png

The players have been performing well, notably my regen brazilian left back. Who has been devastatingly productive. Guido Francisco  Leading the league in chances created, assists Unfortunately, he is ridiculously injury prone and struggles to play twice a week at 23. That natural fitness attribute is causing me to doubt his real value. He often finishes a game with his condition around the 50% mark. His output is unbelievable. As a result Bayern Munch have been sniffing around so I agreed a new deal, with a €201m release clause. 

image.png.efd9fd6bedc98f480be4a030fff843a1.png

Moise Kean doesn't look to have settled yet and his goal output is a little disappointing. He has 7 in the league, 2 behind the top scorer. A number of the veterans of the side are also struggling to match last seasons performances especially Pogba (who i'm struggling to find reasons to justify a wage extension.) 

In summary, at the half way point we find ourselves right in contention for the title. However, we need to go to the market for real quality in the right positions. We need to be able to go up an extra gear from now until the end of the season. Failing that, we cannot fall away and slip if the other competitors so. 

So world class center back or right winger is on the menu for January.

Edited by Swills417

Well, I've officially reached the point in FM that Juve has reached in real life - steamrolling the league with no end in sight, but frustratingly unable to claim Champions League glory.

It took forever to get past Juve, but my switching into another gear coincided with their complete fall from grace, and I won last season by a crushing 20 points. PSG took me out in the CL semis by one goal.

I usually feel like I've reached the end around this point (even though my team is young and exciting), but maybe with lockdown and all I have another season in me before FM21? I also don't really feel like starting over, either. Oh well.

image.thumb.png.d5191ca3d1929d663643d608063cab56.png

image.thumb.png.69be7b6a528f230aa26f077879de391c.png

image.thumb.png.9ed499c21564c7d73750206733beaa37.png

image.thumb.png.c5f65ff55a643f5539ee2c1b1c55446e.png

Edited by Weston

So I choose AS Cittadella as my last FM20 save alongside an England One.

¿Why Cittadella? Well they have been pushing promotion against the odds (FM always put them on the lower team table sides of serie b) on 19/20 real life season they finished 5 but lose against Frosinone 3-2 on the playoffs.

They are a mix of Youth/Experienced players, with 89-90% of Italian players on the squad, only 3 players were foreigners on the 19/20 season, the most recognizable youth from Cittadella is Marco Varnier who was sold  By an amount of 2-5M last season.

So now, as their virtual manager my aim is to take them to the top of Italian Football.

6 часов назад, Weston сказал:

Wow - has anyone ever gotten an offer this big before? I don't want or need to sell, but... damn.

image.thumb.png.41c04a7261cf28bcfc7da0fc2bc94a11.png

image.thumb.png.9d21c796434e3d1a843fd9c51f51d0b0.png

My record - is something about 110M for Kessie in FM19, so not even close to you) Huge money for central def, but who knows how will transfer market look irl in 30`s))

It's wild how inflated Prem prices are compared to Italian ones. Got a few mil I desperately needed at the time for a teen who was slated to be a mediocre winger (I don't use wingers, and the scout was right!) and now he's moved again for 71mil!  :eek: I would feel dumb if... the price were warranted. But it's clearly not!

image.thumb.png.fcd937088a457c9733ad6b828bec2803.png

image.thumb.png.59d56ab1fa9084fa704962f133bea090.png

13 hours ago, Vladis said:

My record - is something about 110M for Kessie in FM19, so not even close to you) Huge money for central def, but who knows how will transfer market look irl in 30`s))

6 hours ago, john1 said:

I would definitely sell him. 244M euros is insane.

I stalled and found two other CBs who are as good and started looking into them. Then I countered and asked for 200m upfront, just to see what would happen... and they dropped their interest completely. So bizarre how this happens - when you want to keep your player you can't ward off suitors no matter what, but then the second you consider selling then run away? If you were willing to spend 244m on a player and they made ONE counter for 269m would you just give forget the player ever existed? Weird.

AS_Roma_logo_(2017).svg 2023 - 2024 season review

Transfers

Wu9efp9.png

It was hard to refuse such a big offer for Pedro in january, given that we bought him from Brescia last season for only 12,5M.

b38ZPOW.png

Lacazette as replacement for Pedro seemed like good option for us with his experience and quality. 

Serie A

C7uhvKl.png

Our second scudetto in three years! And again the winner was named only on the last day of the season. 

Coppa Italia

XjjeAfv.png

1ZNgSmC.png

Second time in a row we won Coppa Italia. The final again Juventus was really nice to watch. Juve fought bravely despite red card in the first time and we scored winning goal only in extra time.

UEFA Champions League

ZeuGg8j.png

DVVMq66.png

And again we faced bud luck in a draw. Man Utd underperformed in group stage but in knockouts was outstanding.

Players stats:

pBTGsFO.png

U20 team:  Primavera 1 - winner, Viareggio cup - winner, UEFA Youth league - runner-up.

15 hours ago, Vladis said:

AS_Roma_logo_(2017).svg 2023 - 2024 season review

Transfers

Wu9efp9.png

It was hard to refuse such a big offer for Pedro in january, given that we bought him from Brescia last season for only 12,5M.

b38ZPOW.png

Lacazette as replacement for Pedro seemed like good option for us with his experience and quality. 

Serie A

C7uhvKl.png

Our second scudetto in three years! And again the winner was named only on the last day of the season. 

Coppa Italia

XjjeAfv.png

1ZNgSmC.png

Second time in a row we won Coppa Italia. The final again Juventus was really nice to watch. Juve fought bravely despite red card in the first time and we scored winning goal only in extra time.

UEFA Champions League

ZeuGg8j.png

DVVMq66.png

And again we faced bud luck in a draw. Man Utd underperformed in group stage but in knockouts was outstanding.

Players stats:

pBTGsFO.png

U20 team:  Primavera 1 - winner, Viareggio cup - winner, UEFA Youth league - runner-up.

Fantastic season :applause: Shame you didn't beat Juventus in normal time in Coppa Italia Final especially with them going down to 10 man.

Very bizarre to see Fiorentina, relegated but got EL spot :lol: :eek: 

6 часов назад, john1 сказал:

Fantastic season :applause: Shame you didn't beat Juventus in normal time in Coppa Italia Final especially with them going down to 10 man.

Very bizarre to see Fiorentina, relegated but got EL spot :lol: :eek: 

Thanks! No shame, really. Juve is strong enough even with 10 men especially in attacking line: Dybala, Sane, Suso, Isco and as good as old wine CR) 

Last quick fm20 save before the new beta comes out:

As Roma with a twist: build an italian only squad. No buying foreigners (except if they have dual nationality, one of which italian), and selling all non italian players as soon as a good offer comes in, and actively offloading them while of course using them untill we have them).

No transfers in the first window (i just can't play with them switched on, i tried and had to restart, i need to "feel" my team or else i risk buying sprees)

I contributed with some post a couple of months ago, but since then I have continued the save all the way up until the end of the 2030/2031-season. This is my Milan-side of 2031:

image.thumb.png.822c30790101705cda4ca0e4311f4338.png

We finished the season strongly and ended up securing The Treble!

image.thumb.png.b00c9255432e01035dc8f9065bcb56d9.png

We used a 4-2-3-1 for most of the season, but it never really seemed to click, so I changed the style of play into a 4-3-3 Tiki-Taka to great effect.
image.thumb.png.8d30e8833f3750a75195a084bd1d4f5c.png

I am now considered a legend at the club after winning 5 league titles, 2 Champion Leagues, 1FIFA Club World Cup, 3 cup-titles, 4 Supercoppa Tim-titles and a UEFA Super Cup. What I most enjoyed about this save was how competitive it was troughout, mainly Juventus, but also Inter kept challenging, forcing me to adapt and change my squad and style of play over the years. The most dissapointing aspect was the lack of homegrown talents being developed, as my academy only produced two first team-players over the ten seasons I managed them, even though I had top class facilities. 

image.thumb.png.ec9def9f7a50b1fe27f76433ce0c39df.png

3 hours ago, Vizzini said:

I contributed with some post a couple of months ago, but since then I have continued the save all the way up until the end of the 2030/2031-season. This is my Milan-side of 2031:

We finished the season strongly and ended up securing The Treble!

We used a 4-2-3-1 for most of the season, but it never really seemed to click, so I changed the style of play into a 4-3-3 Tiki-Taka to great effect.

I am now considered a legend at the club after winning 5 league titles, 2 Champion Leagues, 1FIFA Club World Cup, 3 cup-titles, 4 Supercoppa Tim-titles and a UEFA Super Cup. What I most enjoyed about this save was how competitive it was troughout, mainly Juventus, but also Inter kept challenging, forcing me to adapt and change my squad and style of play over the years. The most dissapointing aspect was the lack of homegrown talents being developed, as my academy only produced two first team-players over the ten seasons I managed them, even though I had top class facilities. 

Wow, that is some dominance. I feel like the AI put up a little bit more of a challenge in this years edition. 

The Inter Milan side on my save as just simply ridiculous. Any other season I would be away from the chasing pack, but they just do not lose - ever. It wouldn't surprise me if they break 100 points and go for the 58 games without a loss record held by the Milan side of '91-'93. 

image.png.aa61e97840710f30f34b420d6c7249f2.png

---

And that puts an end to my title hopes. 2-1 defeat at home to Inter, two early strikes and we fail to make home advantage and attacking dominance pay. 

The records they are putting up though. Genuinely think they have a PSG like dominance of the league at this point. 

1330947498_effthem.PNG.c08d74be8ce6e0700042993fbe7371cd.PNG

Edited by Swills417

That is an insane record by Inter. I agree with the notion that the top leagues are more competitive this year and it is more difficult to coast through. It will be interesting if you are able to knock them of their perch, certainly something to keep the save interesting going forward.

So finished the 2028 season quite far off the pace behind a formidable Inter Milan side. This season, under Diego Simeone, they amassed an incredible 106 points :applause:

106.thumb.PNG.acb25fdbf347ab2e16fde3f5fbf6fd47.PNG

After our loss in game week 36 ,we surrendered the chase to Inter, who lifted the trophy in our stadium and we limped to a finish of 87 points. Respectable enough, but only enough to have won the title twice in the previous nine in game seasons. 

Moise Kean came good and finished runner up in the scoring charts, likewise my Roberto Carlos-esque regen finished second in the assists charts. He also topped the chances created chart. A number of the senior members of the squad still managed to delay the inevitable decline in ability for another season. The evergreen Bruno Fernandes being our best player with an average rating of 7.55 over 41 appearances. Established first teamers Tim Weah and Bentancur also had solid seasons, with Weah achieving a goals per 90 of 0.68 (24 goals in all competitions). Also, despite a stop-start campaign for Odegaard, he had the highest goals per 90 of all midfielders and was a dependable deputy for Fernandes. 

However, despite averaging above a 7.00 - both Pogba and Sergej Milinkovic-Savic both had a campaigns that suggest they are both past their primes. With Pogba and his huge contract expiring at the end of this season, it's time to move beyond these aging midfield dynamos. Last season Pogba contributed 16 goals and assists, this year he failed to break past 10.  At 35 and 33 they are not Juventus' future. 

In summary, this season can be summed up as the failure of the win-now philosophy of the previous windows. In two full seasons we have come up short, depending on aging senior stars. A shift in the market towards a younger age bracket for superstars should rectify this.

The board pulled me in to question my future. For lack of a better response, I wish I could have just pointed to the above and said "106 points - no one matches that". They've given me a temporary reprieve and a 50m transfer budget. Probably not enough to overall Inter next season. The only way we will get close to the title next season is if Simeone leaves or Inters squad are picked apart by the (relatively few) reputation clubs. 

In terms of squad management for the next window, the below contracts will be expiring and we will save quite a substantial amount of wage budget.

salaries.PNG.721514da4c01b558c25db920008c1c8a.PNG

Pogba will definately be leaving, with his performances dipping, alongside the dependable Fabinho and Lo Celso. Their will be massive gaps in the seniority of the squad next season. We have Brahmin Diaz coming in on a bosman next season to perform the rotational role Tolisso performed this season. We spent 21.5m on a Brazilian central midfield regen who will be the Pogba replacement. I am also eyeing up another central midfielder who could form the basis of our midfield for the next 5-6 season. 

We've also picked up Inter Milan's promising backup Italian goalkeeper to replace Woj. Dest will most likely be signed permanently for a fee in the 30m region. In terms of positions to target to improve the squad - we need a world class left sided center back still. And I think we desperately need a world class replacement for Bruno Fernandes, he will decline soon.  We shipped too many goals this season and that cost us in Europe and the league. We can also rectify this by a tactical shift, to a more structured 4-2-3-1 formation, or even a 5-3-2 style Catenaccio. 

AS_Roma_logo_(2017).svg 2024 - 2025 season review

Transfers

z0GEG3A.png

Reguilon was in last year of his contract and i decided to make a bet on Pellegrini and young Diti Aufiero who is ready for first team football. Also couldn't refuse such a big money for Diawara.

Oq2rCNa.png

Money from Diawara and Reguilon had enormously helped us to finish sensational signing of probably the best RB in the world.  TAA becomes top earner with 225k p/w. Rodri for free is top bargain deal. And i'm excited with young GK Neri coming in from Chievo. Potentially world class keeper.

Serie A

c4kq3r3.png

Second scudetto in a row! 91 points is the new record for Roma under my management.

Coppa Italia

ASzjo1F.png

Was playing a lot of youngsters so didn't expect much in this tournament. 

UEFA Champions League

Y35Xjyh.png

equundg.png

PSG was outstanding during all CL campaign and we had no real chances against Neymar-Jesus-Salah-Pellegri. Especially against Pellegri with a hat-trick from him in the second leg. By the way PSG beat last year winner Man U in the final.

Players stats:

3aGPcIA.png

U20 team:  Primavera 1 - winner, Coppa Italia Primavera - winner, UEFA Youth league - qtr final.

• 2 weeks later...

So finaly ended my Roma save in fm20. Very enjoyable 7 seasons in terms of squad development. I couldn't say that overachieved with this team but results are decent enough: 3 scudetto, 3 national cups and CL final.  

u3IoBox.png

Proud of the number of home-grown players in the first teamn squad. At the end of 7th season there were 8 HG in the squad: Lorenzo Pellegrini (C), Luca Pellegrini, Alessio Riccardi, Luca Corelli (regen), Filippo Diti Aufiero (regen), Pantaleo Maggio (regen), Franco Menochio (regen), Andrea Foresti (regen).

14 players were called up for WC 2026 and 6 of them for Italy.

lCbimtB.png

There are a lot of world class players in our squad but i want to share these guys who our our hom-grownes, who are model citizens and real team leaders:

Luca Corelli 

hTPxAb3.png

Alessio Riccardi

4dHMaVs.png