[FM20][FM21][FM22][FM23] Calcio

zlatanera

On 10/09/2020 at 17:16, Raymond85 said:

Are you on team no signings in first pre-season too?

Almost, I thought the squad looked pretty good and since I’ve never managed them before I wanted to get to know the squad first before signing anyonen for the starting XI. I did however sign som promising youths, but they’re 16-18 year olds. 

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

6 hours ago, Raymond85 said:

Now my favourite part of the game, planning carefully how to get the best out of the truckload of players we have, and who to sell on, and also which prospects and bargains we can get to make the team stand up for European football.

Looking good! Nice work. 
What we’ll be your goal for next season? Challange for CL?

16 ore fa, RLC ha scritto:

Looking good! Nice work. 
What we’ll be your goal for next season? Challange for CL?

Well, i for start want to revamp my squad, getting rid of good players but with not much potential (we have loads of them), and bring in young hot prospects, ready for this level. Then i want to get playing time for all my players, in under 18-under 20-loans-first squad, and trim them down to no more than 50 players in the long run.

then in June something shook our plans, and made everything happen faster (no spoilers, i’ll have a big summer transfer update when it’s over).

i would like regular champions league football in the next 2-3 years max. Not setting goals for this season, as i have to settle the new squad. There will be lots of interesting prospects

Edited by Raymond85

Udinese transfer update summer 2020

I was ready with all my plans of keeping the squad backbone, and my best players, maybe just selling De Paul to get some money for young and promising backups, but then this happened......

e9641eef16c4b190b1edc738b1d7f9b5.png

Well..... give Udinese 100 M Euro to spend, and see how plans get thrown all over the place.

I wanted to show my signings one by one, but as you see, it's going to be a bit difficult, so if there are some requests, just write down and i'll post their profiles

So let's get stuck in it, and start with my signings

6029cb3ae29ed298a1b08320954c5d8d.png

289608d0ad9d8d1575b6663de3566b7e.png

And next the long list of sales and loans

b33c3ebe7e2a7e24e6fbb2de8cd9aa6d.png

4a7356de6d716860606420810022d265.png

5a746795657d7f6dfb0b89bb81767368.png

And that leaves us with our new first team squad. As you can see young and talented and much more Italian (was close to bringing in also Dimarco, but i didn't manage to loan out Bakker). Exactly what i love to work with. Thanks to De Paul's massive sale.

035876b663e5fa79013b7a1efddcfc4f.png

Our Under 20's

f6985235f2bb2cd428407f60ef2f04af.png

Our Under 18's

0a3c5a398e7ad174844b7bd0dd9ee429.png

And last but not least, the players on loan, waiting for future re-evaluation

b14d490d341dd2688f97802f3e96a376.png

That leaves us looking like this, ideally

7ebeeb06ec0912ee391f11a65562b6cc.png

Summer friendlies went in an impressivce manner with this new squad

55175a277a2dd32c592f0bb03c87f76f.png

We managed to get easily into a tough Europa League group, but doable. Sebastiano Esposito taking the team straight onto his shoulders

74e06ac8735c10f95dc0115588f9b72b.png

d0abdb5d4e486e3e6a1c38d73de88d83.png

And finally serie A started with some very good continuity. We mightr get ambitious this season

78fce7708f9bc223247550dd716d58d2.png

image.thumb.png.93c6310728dda3199cf63a5a426bf278.pngimage.thumb.png.15a41c403e081ee11427506976678b9d.pngimage.thumb.png.46c33bbaf282dbcc28ceee13ff699c07.pngthis is my tactic for brescia and finished 2 seasons had great tıme also ı made quarter finals at euro league(became 3th at champıons league).Now its my 3th season and ı struggle a lot cant score much and concede weırd goals any advice? by the way super marıo balotelli was great he scored 26 and 25 goals each year but ronaldo scored 40plus first year!!:) ı got offers for marıo and accepted from totenham for 54 but he rejected it the best part is keepıng tonali :)

2 hours ago, Raymond85 said:

Well..... give Udinese 100 M Euro to spend, and see how plans get thrown all over the place.

Esposito and Gouiri was my striking duo for a time as well, but I never owned them, only loaned them! Will be interesting to see how the develop for you as there seems to be some variance across different peoples' saves (as, realistically, there should be).

2 hours ago, dido53 said:

image.thumb.png.93c6310728dda3199cf63a5a426bf278.pngimage.thumb.png.15a41c403e081ee11427506976678b9d.pngimage.thumb.png.46c33bbaf282dbcc28ceee13ff699c07.pngthis is my tactic for brescia and finished 2 seasons had great tıme also ı made quarter finals at euro league(became 3th at champıons league).Now its my 3th season and ı struggle a lot cant score much and concede weırd goals any advice? by the way super marıo balotelli was great he scored 26 and 25 goals each year but ronaldo scored 40plus first year!!:) ı got offers for marıo and accepted from totenham for 54 but he rejected it the best part is keepıng tonali :)

Brilliant progress over two seasons :thup: I am surprised to see Mario, rejected Tottenham :eek: Any offers for Tonali? He's currently at AC Milan on my save.

22 dakika önce, john1 said:

Brilliant progress over two seasons :thup: I am surprised to see Mario, rejected Tottenham :eek: Any offers for Tonali? He's currently at AC Milan on my save.

thank you :)ıt was a big suprise for me also and ı could say ı could win the league ın both season but slow start always hurts our bigger hopes.first season young recruıtment was great ı got tons of offers but reject all.Tonali got no offers only 1 ı remember at fırst season but low one rejected it.He is happy at club just asked a wage rise ı gave hım he got clause for 80m.Mario plays great as you can see his numbers yes sometimes he dissappears ınconsistent but ıts normal he is mario :) ıf ı could replace him ı wıll sell hım end of season ıf ı get around 40-50m.I was plannıng new sıngıngs because he choose tottenham but he rejects :)

image.thumb.png.35289b05c24afb5adf40b06eec744c5d.pngimage.thumb.png.c83d9368b78f651fb49be08fa6ffc768.png

20 ore fa, Weston ha scritto:

Esposito and Gouiri was my striking duo for a time as well, but I never owned them, only loaned them! Will be interesting to see how the develop for you as there seems to be some variance across different peoples' saves (as, realistically, there should be).

I'm actually still starting Lasagna over Gouiri (but with all the cup fixtures he's getting lots of game time). He's 28 this year, and still playing really good. Would like to squeeze some cash out of him too before he touches 30.

But really happy with the shape of my attack, between those three and Fabio Silva

On 27/08/2020 at 14:40, Swills417 said:

Absolutely excellent read. I have a couple of questions:

How did you calculate PAdj tackles per 90/interceptions? 

How did you migrate the data from the game used in the above graphic? Print screen as text file, then plugged into excel or something? 

Thanks for the positive feedback @Swills417 - sorry for the slow reply, I've only just logged back into this after starting the teaching year again.

I use http://cboutaud.github.io/radar/radar.html and take the possession data of any relevant team (I don't do it for all teams so in some of the graphics are just raw data).

I use the CTRL+P, save it is as a webpage, open this in Excel. Create the graph, copy the graph across to PowerPoint and then mod it a bit in there. Save it as a png and then upload it as a picture. Sounds a faff but it's actually not that bad once you have done it once or twice.

My third season is over and second place again.Nearly winning the league but draw against milan hurts us and against napoli and roma we received red cards.I was expecting 4-8 place because of slow start.These regens from my first season after them never get even mediocre team.But these are great players ı get lots offers bt low low lowimage.thumb.png.c26387d8bc82601cde8fdcc6a6603fa1.pngimage.thumb.png.ff1acae1ddcafadedd5b54ccde5237c2.pngimage.thumb.png.42e0826a4efe5ef780c1728e78efe7a0.pngimage.thumb.png.47a98ad0cd2f31a48e8e35e1e168d072.pngimage.thumb.png.8d93033e8c4fe58e79ace38f41362687.png

Udinese 2020-2021 winter update

Halfway through the first half of the season, Juventus tried to shake things up activating a buy back clause

57e55fe132ee448eb5baf0ac0a079b8a.png

We were lucky that Rolando wanted to stay with us

b6f0db0916208f184851aed7ccfcb5aa.png

Quite excited for this year's young guys coming in

a4eae1587adff43de246c872a3a9bf8b.png

And now the results...... i didn't expect things to go so well, we were also a little lucky sometimes. I really hope things get tougher in the second half of the season, so i don't get bored early with this save..... De Paul's sale fast tracked my 5 year plan

Serie A went magnificent, we are undefeated

928c23e7d23eacc982c26eac862e62c2.png

Same thing in Europa League, two monster matches against stronger Monaco

8d04ff475e212eeb5a5103dee7141ec7.png

And we end up first spot

64515b7af75a5b623d26bd7d009fe4af.png

Serie A is still open to any result

fd00c65a0125db49c7a86d005cbe067e.png

Now for the team. I am not planning on any big change, other than looking for promising under 18s, and maybe some seasoned great personality player to get on mentoring our young squad.

This is how we look now

ff2e84f5f7417d2933cd1ed4ed60bbcc.png

26 minuti fa, Weston ha scritto:

Wow! I'm surprised/impressed. What a bold and consequential move given the closeness in the table.

I was too, i was planning already how to work out having to let him go, and who to bring in. I suspect that because i tried offering him out to get a better deal, when City came in with a ridicolous offer, he might have preferred to wait for them and it disrupted Juventus' plans

1 hour ago, Raymond85 said:

I was too, i was planning already how to work out having to let him go, and who to bring in. I suspect that because i tried offering him out to get a better deal, when City came in with a ridicolous offer, he might have preferred to wait for them and it disrupted Juventus' plans

I find, and SI has confirmed this to me, that a player is massively influenced by whether or not the deal was negotiated. If you had willingly accepted, he almost certainly would've left. But since it was an activated clause, he is more likely to stay. I have had Brazilian players decide to stay for an improved offer after I activated their release clause, so now I always offer more money if it was a release clause and less if the club accepted the offer intentionally.

Aside from that, if you can't block an un-cancelable offer, like a specific clause or a board accepted offer, you may find success if offering him out for another deal as you did, but then accepting that one, hoping he chooses that one instead, and then cancelling that one instead. You get out free because he has then rejected the one you had to accept.

Edited by Weston

27 minuti fa, Weston ha scritto:

I find, and SI has confirmed this to me, that a player is massively influenced by whether or not the deal was negotiated. If you had willingly accepted, he almost certainly would've left. But since it was an activated clause, he is more likely to stay. I have had Brazilian players decide to stay for an improved offer after I activated their release clause, so now I always offer more money if it was a release clause and less if the club accepted the offer intentionally.

Aside from that, if you can't block an un-cancelable offer, like a specific clause or a board accepted offer, you may find success if offering him out for another deal as you did, but then accepting that one, hoping he chooses that one instead, and then cancelling that one instead. You get out free because he has then rejected the one you had to accept.

Yep, that was the plan. Though city offered non negotiable amount even less than the clause.... and he didn't want to renew his contract because of the interest, so i just accepted the fact he could leave. I weas then happy to discover he didn't want to

I'm thinking of scrapping my Udinese save, because i'm suffering from the same problema i have had in the past few years: overachieving so fast with a low squad means that reputation of club and players doesn't catch up as fast as it does usually. I have lot's of interesting youngsters lined up for first team game time, but no whatsoever interest in my older key players, who are really overachieving. This is a little broken imho, and i would have to hang on to them for another 2-4 seasons this way, and it would go against my youngster policy.

Players are doing so well for me, they won't leave for similar teams but with lesser results. And big teams are not interested because of reputation, when irl they would be all over me and my players. It takes away the challenge and i get bored of the game....

This thing however doesn't happen with higher reputation teams in lower leagues. I might have a go with Ajax, which is my usual second save in the game. Or maybe try Benfica, or Salzburg, still choosing

26 minutes ago, Raymond85 said:

I'm thinking of scrapping my Udinese save, because i'm suffering from the same problema i have had in the past few years: overachieving so fast with a low squad means that reputation of club and players doesn't catch up as fast as it does usually. I have lot's of interesting youngsters lined up for first team game time, but no whatsoever interest in my older key players, who are really overachieving. This is a little broken imho, and i would have to hang on to them for another 2-4 seasons this way, and it would go against my youngster policy.

Players are doing so well for me, they won't leave for similar teams but with lesser results. And big teams are not interested because of reputation, when irl they would be all over me and my players. It takes away the challenge and i get bored of the game....

This thing however doesn't happen with higher reputation teams in lower leagues. I might have a go with Ajax, which is my usual second save in the game. Or maybe try Benfica, or Salzburg, still choosing

You should post this in the bugs forum so they look at it. I've posted similarly - I'd have young players winning awards and taking me up the pyramid but their reputation and value would not change appropriately. It does get better on the other side - eventually they all have quite high values now and big clubs want them and I have to appeal to their egos ("you're too much of a leader in the dressing room to let go") to convince them to stay.

So you can try to push through it, but if you're really done with the save, have you tried lower leagues? It's really fun taking a club from Serie C up to the top.

1 minuto fa, Weston ha scritto:

You should post this in the bugs forum so they look at it. I've posted similarly - I'd have young players winning awards and taking me up the pyramid but their reputation and value would not change appropriately. It does get better on the other side - eventually they all have quite high values now and big clubs want them and I have to appeal to their egos ("you're too much of a leader in the dressing room to let go") to convince them to stay.

So you can try to push through it, but if you're really done with the save, have you tried lower leagues? It's really fun taking a club from Serie C up to the top.

Well, when you look at good prospects and you can't bring them in because you have a full squad, 20 players out on loan, a full under 18 and under 20, and not one single offer for a first team player in the whole winter transfer market even topping the league as udinese, something is off.

I might try lower league later on, but i have to get an academy save out of my system, so i'll probabily give Ajax a quick go (only dutch leagues loaded) and see how it goes. I am keeping the Udinese save, might try it later on, but this reputation glitch is killing it for me. I know it's not realistic to have that kind of success so fast, but italian big teams should be all over my players...... that's how it works usually

5 saat önce, Raymond85 said:

totally agreed.Gamess one of the worst thing you overachıeve with a small team low squad board expects very big things u cant buy good players also u loose your players.Im having samething nearly with my brescia save.ı ended up 3th 2nd 2nd and this year ı loose players and cant cath up.zaracaho gone to real madrid for 77 and the saddest part sandro legend tonali gone for 80 :( but bought mandragora for 22.5 your player :)

23 hours ago, Raymond85 said:

Well, when you look at good prospects and you can't bring them in because you have a full squad, 20 players out on loan, a full under 18 and under 20, and not one single offer for a first team player in the whole winter transfer market even topping the league as udinese, something is off.

I might try lower league later on, but i have to get an academy save out of my system, so i'll probabily give Ajax a quick go (only dutch leagues loaded) and see how it goes. I am keeping the Udinese save, might try it later on, but this reputation glitch is killing it for me. I know it's not realistic to have that kind of success so fast, but italian big teams should be all over my players...... that's how it works usually

How many leagues do you have added? What you're describing sounds extreme - I went from Serie C and never had it so bad that I couldn't get a single offer, even if I did have to sell below value sometimes.

I've done a lot of reading on how the ratios of leagues added heavily affects the transfer activity. Not just in the obvious ways, like how loading China will mean you get offers from China (so not having it loaded will make it harder to sell players), but a lot to do with whether it's a buyer's or seller's market in the overall ecosystem, etc.

I have a LOT loaded, here is just the first part:

image.thumb.png.3d2ff2bae02d4a417bac9a1d6bf0338e.png

3 ore fa, Weston ha scritto:

How many leagues do you have added? What you're describing sounds extreme - I went from Serie C and never had it so bad that I couldn't get a single offer, even if I did have to sell below value sometimes.

I've done a lot of reading on how the ratios of leagues added heavily affects the transfer activity. Not just in the obvious ways, like how loading China will mean you get offers from China (so not having it loaded will make it harder to sell players), but a lot to do with whether it's a buyer's or seller's market in the overall ecosystem, etc.

I have a LOT loaded, here is just the first part:

image.thumb.png.3d2ff2bae02d4a417bac9a1d6bf0338e.png

Leagues loaded (it's an old pc, so i can't possibly run more than these. But it's not really that bad of a setup

e4d250f40098467def1e24c3f8cc5115.png

These are my results in the second season, we are massively overachieving

e960821caf746f9cbe0cce88d6f6b49e.png

Here you can see the club reputation and media expectations

7a7689339ed8e830bbd377efbd568d6f.png

And here is no whatsoever interest in my players in mid january during transfer window. IRL clubs would be sniffing everywhere. Maybe a little less on who just joined, but players like Musso (only one with longstanding little interest from Juventus), Samir, Mandragora, Barak, Becao, Sema, Balic, Lasagna and Nestorovski have been with us for years now, and should AT LEAST attract interest.

To put it in perspective, i'm not even getting loan interest offering Scuffet out for at least 6 months......

b46d8cc7f1beb1f791512df428c8b9be.png

Edited by Raymond85

38 minutes ago, Raymond85 said:

Leagues loaded (it's an old pc, so i can't possibly run more than these. But it's not really that bad of a setup

Yeah I think few leagues overall + relatively more in Italy than elsewhere is causing an imbalance.

Still, I'd consider adding your experience to this post I started so they can look into improving this:

2 minuti fa, Weston ha scritto:

Yeah I think few leagues overall + relatively more in Italy than elsewhere is causing an imbalance.

Still, I'd consider adding your experience to this post I started so they can look into improving this:

i'll check that out. BTW it's been like this since fm18 i think. I'll pause this save a bit, and go on and see what happens ion my ajax save i just started

Hi all. I've been looking for inspiration for a new FM save for a little while and I stumbled across this thread a couple of days ago and as a result of reading through I couldn't be more excited to jump in to the depths of Italian football! Never looked at Italy before in all honesty, so I'm looking for some advice in terms of who to be. I've narrowed it down to two choices - Catania and Reggina, both in Serie C. Anybody got any experience with either? Which club would be the most 'fun', in the sense of building up and taking through the divisions to Serie A, incorporating homegrown youth and having room to grow the club's facilities? Is there another team in Serie C who I have overlooked that would also provide this type of experience? Thanks in advance for any advice you can give me, like I said I'm new to these leagues and clubs so I'm keen to learn as much as I can! 

15 hours ago, DanBeats90 said:

Hi all. I've been looking for inspiration for a new FM save for a little while and I stumbled across this thread a couple of days ago and as a result of reading through I couldn't be more excited to jump in to the depths of Italian football! Never looked at Italy before in all honesty, so I'm looking for some advice in terms of who to be. I've narrowed it down to two choices - Catania and Reggina, both in Serie C. Anybody got any experience with either? Which club would be the most 'fun', in the sense of building up and taking through the divisions to Serie A, incorporating homegrown youth and having room to grow the club's facilities? Is there another team in Serie C who I have overlooked that would also provide this type of experience? Thanks in advance for any advice you can give me, like I said I'm new to these leagues and clubs so I'm keen to learn as much as I can! 

Welcome! I always start in Serie C or Serie D so I love seeing others embark on the same journey. If you want a really realistic challenge, turn the first transfer window off and try to make it with the squad you're given until the January window.

I did a Catania save which was fun - unique colors and there is no Sicilian representation in the top two leagues anymore which seems wrong and imbalanced, especially considering how Catania v Palermo used to be one of the more entertaining derbies in Serie A. I'm doing Bari which I think is fun, and our stadium is already massive so you have a lot of room to grow into, I'm realizing. There are several other recently bankrupted clubs you can also get a clean start with like Cesena and Avellino

Elsewhere, Pro Vercelli have the most interesting history of all the lower league clubs by far. I've always wanted to do a save with them but never have. Lots of good stories from their early 1900s success and rivalry with Inter at the top.

Edited by Weston

16 ore fa, DanBeats90 ha scritto:

You could do a Rimini challenge, emulating Arrigo Sacchi's start of career, when he brought them in Serie B with his soon to be world famous football philosophy, and try to get even better results, taking them to Serie A where they have never been

Ciao ragazzi!

Historically, one of the most enjoyable and memorable saves in fm for me were in Italy. Hellas Verona in fm10 (or fm11), Inter in fm14, Milan in fm19. In fm20 i had very promising save with Brescia but after two and half seasons of struggling (didn't cope with 3-def systems) decided two resign.

And after a little break with fm at the same time with searching for new inspiration in virtual management i returned to the club which i'm really interested in last years. But i wanted some fresh idea for the save and decided that i could add a little more fantasy in the game which is a fantasy by itself (but very realistic fantasy), so...

All roads lead to  AS_Roma_logo_(2017).svg

01/07/2020 Consortium led by Swiss businessman Ernesto Bertarelli officially purchases A.S. Roma

image.png.56f7a4dc28ff0b0b24844a467b1113f4.png Ernesto Bertarelli is a businessman who has a net worth of $15 billion which makes him the richest person in Switzerland. Born in Rome, Italy, Ernesto Bertarelli grew up in Switzerland. 
He graduated from Babson College and then went on to earn an MBA from Harvard Business School in the early 90s. He became CEO of Serono in 1996. He became co-owner of the company, which produces pharmaceuticals in 1998, after his father, the founder, passed away. 

! Here i should clarify that despite we have a new owner it's not sugar daddy challenge or something like this. No new sponsors, no money injections to current balance or transfer budget.  The only one but very big deal that Bertarelli done for the club in terms of finances, he paid off all debts which will save for us about 35M euro every season. 

New A.S. Roma board:

board.png.7082be3f0aa3d5e1ae0c8240d0d2b4a0.png

Guido Fienga and Vito Scala have remained at the club. Fienga now is the Chairman and has more power and responsibilities than before. Great news for all Roma fans is return of Il Gladiatore. His ex-teammate Nicolas Burdisso also becomes director. And new members of the board are Dona Bertarelli, sister of the owner Ernesto, and former Servette FC technical director 27 y.o. Richard Feuz.

And i should introduce myself my alter ego. 

profile.png.742f04e23bf6f7b4794326fe7d5a85c4.png 1204039437_Guerrierihirining.thumb.jpg.d13288a1f6bb2b602bb64ef9d3147788.jpg 

Riccardo Guerrieri (*created in editor) - 33 y.o. Born in Rome. Former professional footballer. Last 5 years was in a Roma club system working at coaching positions. And his assistant in this campaign will be Giacomo Ceccarelli, good football friend of Riccardo.

With the new board and new management staff long-term aims for the A.S. Roma will be following:

- Become financially stable and attractive for sponsors club;

- Become the most successfull club in Italy;

- Win Champions league at least 3 times until 2029:

- Focus on producing talents via club academy.

2019/2020 season will be transitional for us, and our goals for this season are:

- Qualify for Champions league;

- Reach later stages of Europa League;

- Prepare plan of rebuilding club vertical u18->u20->senior squad (new criteria for squad management, for number and quality of staff).

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

*Database 20.1.0

AS_Roma_logo_(2017).svg 2019 - 2020 season review

Serie A - 2nd

2o2C4u.png

I'm very pleased with overall team performance. We lost the first game this season only in february (away 0-2 against Juve). Also we were solid defensively (only 23 goals conceded - best result in leagues). For the next season we could slightly improve our attacking perfomarnce despite i don't have big concerns about it.

Coppa Italia - Qtr final

gPTVx8.png 

Milan was a very strong opponent so i'm not too concerned with the lost game. 

Europa League - Semi final

2xmf8E.png

We had very tough road through knockout stages. After beating such powerful sides like Lyon and Benfica we lost in equal game to one of the main favorites.

Top performers:

Cengiz Under - 47 matches (all competitions): 14 goals + 20 assists, 8PoM, 7.23 av. rat.

Aleksander Kolarov - 36 matches: 4 goal + 9 assists, 7.09 av. rat.

Best training progress:

Justin Kluivert

Gianluca Mancini

Mory Bamba (primavera)

Devid Bouah (primavera)

__________________________________________________________________________________________

AS_Roma_logo_(2017).svg A.S. ROMA 2020 - TIME FOR THE CHANGES

Part 1 - Players

To the date of 1st of July we had 98(!) players on contracts including those who loaned out to the other clubs. I'm an advocate of compact manageable squads so the first task this summer was to greatly reduce our roster.

And as a result we sold/released 43 players (mostly youngsters) and loaned out 7.

Notable transfers:

Out

2cbDEK.png

Also we released some players who were on heavy wages: Pastore (sold to Betis for 500k), Fazio (end of contract), Perotti (mutually terminated contract).

In

9eIaCr.png

Mancini and Veretout transfers were hard-coded in db. I decided to buy out Zappacosta and Kalinic which performance was really satisfying this season. Two big players we signed on a free transfers. Reguilon had contract offers from Bayern, Lyon, Arsenal but chose our club. He is ready for top level football and still could progress. Alderweireld is very smart and experienced defender who could add some creativity to our build up play. But the main transfer of this summer is Memphis Depay who was transfer listed by Lyon as he refused to sign a new contract with the club.

With all transfers made and some players returning from loan our squad in next season looks like this

CYwyGG.png

Subs: Olsen, Jesus, Nani, KolarovZappacosta, Diawara, Veretout, Cristante, Kluivert, Schick, Kalinic, Bouah(u20), Bamba (u20).

And also i want to introduce best young talents:

Devid Bouah

Mory Bamba

Alessio Riccardi (on loan at Juve Stabia)

Luca Corelli (2020 youth intake product)

Daniel Barel Tueto Fotso

As i previously said i tend to work with compact squads and this rule works with youth teams also. For the next season we have 16 players in u18 and 21 players in u20. So almost every player should have playing time which is very important for development. 

__________________________________________________________________________________________

Part 2 - Coaching staff, scouting team

To summarize all staff movements during the season and this summer we released 27 staff members and sign 25 new. But at the end our staff roster now looks much more balanced. I have my own criteria and thoughts on number of staff members and their skills (may be it's subject for another post). I like the rule Quality->Quantity. So here our coaching staff for all levels of vertical.

Senior squad:

f9ASJ0.png

U'20 squad:

po4mGomhp

U'18 squad:

pnWyG0Uep

Big dilemma for me is how to properly and realistically spread the workload around coaches of u20 and u18. But it's discussion for another thread i think.

As for the scouts i prefer to have as many of them as possible. For now we can have 11 members so here it is how i distributed assignments around them:

riDwv3.png

In searching for players i usually focus on age, scout's opinion on player's potential, determination and natural fitness attributes.

Part 3 - Finances, facilities

9OT9Z5.png

*as for 16th of August

We don't have real troubles with money but at the same time don't have those financial resources that clubs like Juventus, Inter, Milan have. So we should look closely to our spendings at the same time trying to increase income. 

Talking about wage budget i think we can keep this limit in 2,5M for next 2-3 seasons.

pnpEqjYNp

We have improved Data Analysis facilities, junior coaching and youth recruitment. Until 2024 we plan to upgrade all facilities to the top level. Also board have plans to build new stadium but i don't think that it's question of near future.

Edited by Vladis

Every time I think I finally figure out the non-EU rules something happens that makes me question things again. What Juve is doing in real life seems to be impossible based on the Serie A rules provided in FM. So what am I missing here?

18 hours ago, Weston said:

Every time I think I finally figure out the non-EU rules something happens that makes me question things again. What Juve is doing in real life seems to be impossible based on the Serie A rules provided in FM. So what am I missing here?

You mean Arthur and McKennie?

AS_Roma_logo_(2017).svg 2020 - 2021 season review

Serie A

XSsGdI.png  

Mixed emotions after the end of the season. After good start with wins against Juve, Milan, we have faced long period of struggling and most time of the season were under top 4. Only in February we have found stability especially in attacking play and climbed on the 3rd space. 

Cagliari is the main sensation. 2/3 of the season they fought for medals and only in last months dropped to 6th place.

pojHHOAFp

Cagliari is a winner. 

pmJ6tqSIp

Our chances of reaching knockout rounds were great even before the last tour where we should have won Spartak at home but instead lost 0-1. Interesting - 3 teams had the same amount of points.

pmzpjhzgp 

We beat Dinamo Kyiv and Benfica in first two rounds but Dortmund was better side and deserved semi-final more.

Players stats

YhqhTM.png

Top performers:

Edin Dzeko - 42 matches (all competitions): 19 goals + 2 assists, 5PoM, 7.06 av. rat. Edin in his 35 years is still performing on top level. Next season probably will be the last for him.

Lorenzo Pellegrini - 37 matches: 2 goals + 10 assists, 7.50 av. rat.

Not the best season for Under and Schick. I`m looking for replacing Patric. Main candidate is Orsolini from Bologna but i didn't started any negotiations yet.

Kolarov, who is retiring in June, was our joker, making result in some matches. We will miss the player of his quality.

Our primavera was again among the best in u20 league (1st in regular season, semi-final in play-off). Also they have reached quarter final of UEFA Youth league where defeated to Benfica on penalties.

As for youth intake i could mark two very promising youngsters:

Filippo Diti Aufiero (D (L))

Francesco Ratti (GK)

Edited by Vladis

13 hours ago, Vladis said:

AS_Roma_logo_(2017).svg 2020 - 2021 season review

Serie A

XSsGdI.png  

Mixed emotions after the end of the season. After good start with wins against Juve, Milan, we have faced long period of struggling and most time of the season were under top 4. Only in February we have found stability especially in attacking play and climbed on the 3rd space. 

Cagliari is the main sensation. 2/3 of the season they fought for medals and only in last months dropped to 6th place.

pojHHOAFp

Cagliari is a winner. 

pmJ6tqSIp

Our chances of reaching knockout rounds were great even before the last tour where we should have won Spartak at home but instead lost 0-1. Interesting - 3 teams had the same amount of points.

pmzpjhzgp 

We beat Dinamo Kyiv and Benfica in first two rounds but Dortmund was better side and deserved semi-final more.

Players stats

YhqhTM.png

Top performers:

Edin Dzeko - 42 matches (all competitions): 19 goals + 2 assists, 5PoM, 7.06 av. rat. Edin in his 35 years is still performing on top level. Next season probably will be the last for him.

Lorenzo Pellegrini - 37 matches: 2 goals + 10 assists, 7.50 av. rat.

Not the best season for Under and Schick. I`m looking for replacing Patric. Main candidate is Orsolini from Bologna but i didn't started any negotiations yet.

Kolarov, who is retiring in June, was our joker, making result in some matches. We will miss the player of his quality.

Our primavera was again among the best in u20 league (1st in regular season, semi-final in play-off). Also they have reached quarter final of UEFA Youth league where defeated to Benfica on penalties.

As for youth intake i could mark two very promising youngsters:

Filippo Diti Aufiero (D (L))

Francesco Ratti (GK)

Decent season overall :thup: No shame in losing to Dortmund in Europa League, I am not surprised to see Cagliari done well as they seems to be hard team to beat at times.

Good youngsters you have got in via youth intakes, I would be tempted to rename Francesco Ratti to Francesco Totti Jr :D;)

Edited by john1

• 2 weeks later...

Anyone who's still playing - what are your transfer stats? I happened to notice that I've spent almost exactly the same amount as I've earned in transfer dealings over my 10.5 seasons in charge. Curious to see what others' look like - is it normal for them to be this close after climbing from Serie C to Serie A? Is this high or low? Just wondering.

image.thumb.png.a1792e97552b71a648dcc7a584b4ea13.png

After months without a muse to play, lockdown in Melbourne got me back. Minimum time before transfer? - tjcrew

First season:

image.thumb.png.f4058caeeafcb4469b7ab752a7fb4474.png

Second season:

image.thumb.png.43c69c2a9195f1c7dc7f88c875bda90f.png

My best player and probably the only one who will get a chance in the Seria A:

image.thumb.png.33265e1aecebb1b94b90922af7185482.png

Edited by turgi

Just a brief update. I've returned to my 2026 save, in charge of an extremely-aged Juventus. We had a number of aging superstars in the squad with HUGE wages.

Veterans.thumb.PNG.b7e797401b276d6fd128a9590042f0af.PNG

In the summer window, we sold Dybala to Barcelona for £40m and brought in Pogba for half of that and reduced wages. Since then we've shifted and got decent fees for Icardi, Cancelo, Gelson Martins and Mancini. Despite this the wage costs have largely stayed he same from - €269m per annum, to €262m p/a.  This is due to drop significantly as the following wages will defintaley be off the books next season:

Koulibaly - €16m p/a
Acerbi - €9m p/a
Immobile - €9m p/a
Kante - €6m p/a

With Pogba (€18m p/a) and Szcezesny (€18m p/a) both due for renewal, hopefully on reduced terms. 

Away from the finances and on the pitch, performances are just about meeting expectations. 3rd in the league, behind Inter and Milan with 10 to play and unlikely to match either of these. Its all about securing ECL football for next season. We were dumped out of the cups by Udinese in the semi's and the Europa league (having finished 3rd in our ECL group) by Arsenal. Both of these due to frustrating late goals. 

Deploying a 4-3-1-2 formation to get the most out of our strong central area. We dominate teams that play narrow, but usually struggle against teams with wingers. Next season, we will definitely have to mature into a side that deploy wide forwards or wingers. 

So, my last update was May 5th and I last opened FM on June 4th. Didn't really played it that day, just to check where I left off or some details.

The recent closure of transfer window hype and the soon to be finish NBA Finals, has seen me got the itch again to start my Parma journey.

After 5+ months hiatus, tonight I will continue my Calcio adventure :D

Not sure if I will do much updating here, maybe not as in details as previously allowed.

Anybody else still around? I know @john1 is Nantes, France now ;)

3 hours ago, quee said:

So, my last update was May 5th and I last opened FM on June 4th. Didn't really played it that day, just to check where I left off or some details.

The recent closure of transfer window hype and the soon to be finish NBA Finals, has seen me got the itch again to start my Parma journey.

After 5+ months hiatus, tonight I will continue my Calcio adventure :D

Not sure if I will do much updating here, maybe not as in details as previously allowed.

Anybody else still around? I know @john1 is Nantes, France now ;)

A very long hiatus :eek: Will be good to read your updates again :onmehead:

I am tempted to reload my Juventus save again just before I left.

On 04/10/2020 at 11:42, Swills417 said:

Just a brief update. I've returned to my 2026 save, in charge of an extremely-aged Juventus. We had a number of aging superstars in the squad with HUGE wages.

Veterans.thumb.PNG.b7e797401b276d6fd128a9590042f0af.PNG

In the summer window, we sold Dybala to Barcelona for £40m and brought in Pogba for half of that and reduced wages. Since then we've shifted and got decent fees for Icardi, Cancelo, Gelson Martins and Mancini. Despite this the wage costs have largely stayed he same from - €269m per annum, to €262m p/a.  This is due to drop significantly as the following wages will defintaley be off the books next season:

Koulibaly - €16m p/a
Acerbi - €9m p/a
Immobile - €9m p/a
Kante - €6m p/a

With Pogba (€18m p/a) and Szcezesny (€18m p/a) both due for renewal, hopefully on reduced terms. 

Away from the finances and on the pitch, performances are just about meeting expectations. 3rd in the league, behind Inter and Milan with 10 to play and unlikely to match either of these. Its all about securing ECL football for next season. We were dumped out of the cups by Udinese in the semi's and the Europa league (having finished 3rd in our ECL group) by Arsenal. Both of these due to frustrating late goals. 

Deploying a 4-3-1-2 formation to get the most out of our strong central area. We dominate teams that play narrow, but usually struggle against teams with wingers. Next season, we will definitely have to mature into a side that deploy wide forwards or wingers. 

1033973179_finalstandings2026.PNG.6cdd34174b8b5c18645624d8931f51c4.PNG

Finished the 2026/27 save, with my rag-tag bunch of aging superstars. We finished an eventual 3rd place, behind both Milan and Inter who were too strong throughout the season. We were in the mix at the end, but lost our game 36 home tie against Inter thanks to 95th minute screamer from their left back Rayan Aït-Nouri. A horrendous VAR offside call against Immobile in the first half costing us a goal that could have changed the game and ultimately the final destination of the Scudetto. Immobile squares the ball for Tim Weah to tap into a empty net (YES I KNOW IT ACTUALLY HAPPENED) before it is called back by VAR. 

FUming.PNG.65fa26f6712eb4397949945039eaa938.PNG

So a season without silverware for the side, but a season of champions league football secured and steady improvement as the players adapted to the 4-3-1-2 formation. Lots of lines of partnerships and tactical familiarity. What I noticed most about the system, was how key "Look for underlap" is. This doesn't hinder the full backs in the slightest with Guido Francisco on the left and Fabinho chipping in with numerous assists and goals. 

Pogba earned 19 goals and assists - with 0.34 goals per 90 and Bruno Fernandes provided 23 goals and assists as the dual Mezzala's provided a lot of end product. Naci Unuvar performed quite well as the shadow striker, netting 20 times in all competitions. 37 year old Ciro Immobile chipped in with 16 goals in all competitions in his last season before retirement. We were joint top scorers in the league with 88 goals - level with Milan. However, that is where the good statistics end. 

415063818_tactic20264312.PNG.e32fe8c95df16d8b9c7920d72a218a0c.PNG

Our biggest issue is the decline of a number of our squad players. In the games they played we shipped lots of more goals and lost more games. I lost count of the amount of times Koulibaly was in no-mans-land and was vulnerable to the lofted through ball over the top. Kante and Mendy were also offenders giving away a combined 5 goals directly following their mistakes. I think having veterans with very strong mentals is a good thing to have, but I feel like Physicals and Technical attributes are king on this years edition. Just looking at the team goals conceded per 90 shows our vulnerabilities. 2.93 goals shipped per 90 by Acerbi. Florenzi was exposed, Kante and Mendy also culprits. Generally once the first eleven was settled we shipped about 1-1.15 goals per 90. Early season rotation killed us. Admittedly we were demolished by Sporting Lisbon in the Champions League group stages which pads these stats a lot. 

Another takeaway being how poor our backup keepers were. Fortunately, we went to the market and secured a young Brazilian/Italian regen to take the understudy position between the sticks. I'm likely to agree a new deal with Szezcsney to be the number one for another season. 

image.png.88ac4109cb364ea75121eeace8b96bab.png

I think that is the extent of the statistical analysis of our side this season. We started badly, with poor tactical fluidity and the older players were exposed. Once the team settled we began to climb up the table and even went on a 19 game unbeaten run. 

----

Further plans in the 2027 summer window are already underway - we secured Odegaard and a 32 year old Tolliso on bosman deals. Odegaard will most likely replace the Lo Celso or Bruno Fernandes as Mezzala and Tolliso the rotational Kante role. These will also replace the leadership of the following players who will leave the club at the end of the season. 

Koulibaly - Released
Kante - Released
Immobile - Retirement and joining the backroom staff
Acerbi - Retirement and joining the backroom staff
Florenzi - Retirement and joining the backroom staff

That's €40m off the books annually! 

Mendy most likely will go also if I can get a reasonable fee for him. Francisco (regen) has that flank tied down now, with another regen currently out on loan ready to be understudy. We will probably accept decent fees for our club captain Lisandro Martinez at center back and Timothy Weah if he can be upgraded upon at a reasonable price. 

We are targeting a number of players including a left sided physical specimen of a central defender - I'm coming for your William Saliba. A long term prospect at right back and additional firepower up top.  Seb Esposito (currently at Manchester City) and Moise Keane (transfer listed by Manchester United) are leading targets. Who could be available in the €50-60m range. There is a Columbian striker at Tottenham who I hope kicks up a fuss about failure to qualify for the ECL who would be the marque transformative signing the club hasn't seen since Ronaldo. 

Currently looking for a collection of athletes in any incoming players - the squad really lack this with the aging legs. Also looking for a defender with excellent set-piece ability - a cross between Sergio Ramos from the penalty spot and TAA for his corners and free kicks. 

Our under 20's were also relegated from their league this season winning only 1 game all season. Obviously the man repsonsible is facing the sack and a new young upstart with Juventius DNA will be ushered in. I think Carlos Tevez is due a promotion! 

Will also look to increase our number of affiliates, I want to secure one with Notts County considering the history between the clubs. 

Will hopefully post again before FM21 is available. Really loving this save. 

Edited by Swills417

On 09/10/2020 at 02:29, quee said:

How come? Nantes not going well?

Save is still going good with Nantes :D Was thinking about to do a redux with Juventus ;) 

Edited by john1