[FM20][FM21][FM22][FM23] Calcio

zlatanera

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

So here is why Foggia.
(This is translated from Italian, and some of the descriptions are som great I had to keep them:)

eeerfew.jpg.01057a2a0f578a80d324b1503d3a1114.jpg

"It took someone like Zdenek Zeman to bring the Satanelli of Foggia to Heaven.
It was the Bohemian, in the 1990-91 season, who shaped the Iconic “Foggia of Miracles” and brought them towards the historic promotion to Serie A. And he did it to the sound of the most attacking and creative 4-3-3 formation, giving confidence to a group of young and talented guys who were then still unknown.

Starting from the front were the trio of wonders composed by Baiano, Signori and Roberto Rambaudi, a trident who will tears holes in any defence, before taking off for more prestigious stages (Baiano was sold to Florence, the other two Roma, and Lazio). But the three strikers were only the tip of the iceberg of a well-organized and tactically impeccable team: the door was in fact armored by Francesco Mancini, the defense made waterproof by the Consagra - Matrecano duo, while the centre of the midfield were entrusted to the silky foot of Shalimov and the running madness of Barone.
On the wings, who does not remember the Romanian full-back Dan Petrescu, who later became a star with Chelsea, or the more than honest Bruno Codispoti, a river of pace and dedication?

Once conquered the Serie A after 3 straight promotions, the Satanelli built a new squad after losing their whole team. Going once again to fish in the minor series. Result? The fishing trip brought youngsters such as Di Biagio, Bresciani, Seno, Di Bari and Kolivanov to Puglia, remaining in the top flight for three years with more than amazing results results fromwhat was normally a lower league side (one eleventh and two ninth places) and scoring goals enough to come 2nd highest scoring team behind the champion Milan ..."

foggia_di_zeman_91_92_1.thumb.jpg.498491e331809927d55dcb532518197b.jpg

So that is the story, let's see what state the team is in :D  I wont do a lot of these big posts, I just wanted to share the back story.

@LucasBRHow are Birindelli and Certin for you? Despite scouting the lower leagues, Birindelli never appeared in my scouting centre. He was really good for me in FM19. I was interested in Certin as well, he seems like a more-techincal-copy of Demiral.

Edited by quee

4 minutes ago, Rober82 said:

So that is the story, let's see what state the team is in :D  I wont do a lot of these big posts, I just wanted to share the back story.

Il Boemo! :D

Interesting to see Petrescu was there. I recognised Beppe, and is that Luigi Di Biagio?

25 minutes ago, quee said:

Interesting to see Petrescu was there. I recognised Beppe, and is that Luigi Di Biagio?

It is yeah. They picked him up from Monza after he was discarded by Lazio.

Edited by Rober82

54 minutes ago, quee said:

How are Birindelli and Certin for you? Despite scouting the lower leagues, Birindelli never appeared in my scouting centre. He was really good for me in FM19. I was interested in Certin as well, he seems like a more-techincal-copy of Demiral.

Birindelli is amazing, I've found him by chance doing my "personal research" on italian clubs. Certin was very good for me during 2 seasons but Rugani was transfer listed and I was planning to have as much italians as I could on my squad, that's I get rid of him.

33 minutes ago, Rober82 said:

It is yeah. They picked him up from Monza after he was discarded by Lazio.

He's Italy u21 coach now, I think? Might be a good candidate for Assistant Manager in the future :D

3 hours ago, Rober82 said:

"It took someone like Zdenek Zeman to bring the Satanelli of Foggia to Heaven.

Funny you mention him, I was just reminded of this hilarious photo of him this morning.

image.thumb.png.499240c05c2a0fd5939857f56ca3f6ae.png

On 01/05/2020 at 21:26, Weston said:

You'll never guess who's scored 4 in the last 3 after what happened...

image.thumb.png.057f30f4c8eb29b4902121112b43f433.png

You'll never guess who didn't score again for over 13 hours after that...

image.thumb.png.5f2abcc687d9602da0e24e2abad3bab0.png

What a season! I beat Milan to go top for 13 weeks before a phenomenally horrendous run of form saw me drop to 4th where I finished. Milan then smashed rivals Inter 4-0 on the final day to take top spot from Juve, who were held to a draw by Sassuolo, and win the scudetto at the death. Wild.

image.thumb.png.20bbfc4b63d516946be935d60d9bc276.png

Pretty disappointed in our utter collapse, I can't remember something this terrible lasting this long in a while. A combination between fixture congestion, injuries, poor performances, and just plain bad luck, combined for a pretty miserable time.

image.thumb.png.0409bcec21da0e25e216f9095fc24427.png

I'm not sure what went wrong, but the difference was stark. See the first half compared to the second half:

image.thumb.png.0c59a93bf1e7053ae53b1fca60418905.pngimage.thumb.png.d72ff3563f6cf33a0f3c2f831fdc6e3c.png

Compare this season to last, I finished two spots higher, but 6 points lower! I guess there were always bound to be some growing pains.

image.thumb.png.e5b625af37b2c89587f12d193e01564c.pngimage.thumb.png.ad4653f694b4fe9e5517fc259c7a137e.png

In any case, I made it to the semifinals of the Europa League, and I qualified for the Champions League. We have a strong, young squad, and some exciting players coming in this summer. The future is bright, even if I imagine next season will be much of the same results-wise. Forza Bari!

1703935670_ZParmaCalcio1913_logo-400x400.thumb.png.8f340acc07e6e4f93d880c74fb090dc9.png

Fourteenth Update.

Season 3: Winter Transfer Window - January 2022

Let us begin with one particular story from the beginning..

Spoiler

Fresh-face, new signing on-loan

Spoiler

IdYLXvt.png

Season 1

Spoiler

bZBPoH4.png

tZx4F3o.png

Season 2 (Loan extended)

Spoiler

dbvbfwZ.png

TenViRN.png

Season 3

Spoiler

First day back at Juventus..

Spoiler

S2CB8O5.png

A week later..

Spoiler

IwLpDeB.png

Mr. Allegri was confirmed to come back to Juventus, to replace the sacked Sarri.

More importantly, Kulusevki is viewed as the Key Player, ahead of Ronaldo. Signs that it will be near impossible to get him? :eek:

6 months later, just before the New Year 2022..

Spoiler

SPYuZ0g.png

The next day..

Spoiler

cxWKCFF.png

Made a enquiry right after this.

My enquiry came back a couple of days later..

Spoiler

eSgRHnA.png

£87m?! :eek:

After negotiation, Juventus was willing to accept £19m + non-negotiable 40% of next transfer! :eek:

Good news?

Spoiler

MIxXTuT.png

Nope :( Not interested to open talk, despite having me and Parma as his favourites :(

What's next?

Spoiler

NtFwkhD.png

slPN9uA.png

Let us ask his Sweden's team-mate to remind him of his two great seasons at Parma.. Let us hope by next summer he would at least be open to negotiation, if he haven't moved this January!

As January 1st saw this..

Spoiler

e2BD3QQ.png

Man City and PSG are the worrisome teams here, with their money :(

8th January..

Spoiler

YDdkXqc.png

It has begun :(

9th January..

Spoiler

quHwjjI.png

Kulusevski already played in the u20s before this game as he is stepping up his recovery from 5 weeks injury..

15th January..

Spoiler

Q7PKAxs.png

Second bid registered, though lower than Atletico's.. Which I haven't heard any status on since the offer.

17th January..

Spoiler

OIEUl7N.png

What I feared had happened! :(

19th January..

Spoiler

Attended my 2nd Juventus' match and Kulusevski not even starting..

FAEshoB.jpg

7FL7jxA.jpg

Though he did scored an injury time equaliser after coming on as a sub! :D

Zh4ss08.png

Will this be worth it?

Same day, 19th January, after the Atlanta-Juventus match..

Spoiler

TBewrEl.png

:D

Never saw any news about the status of Atletico's or Chelsea's bids, though safe to assume they were rejected since City's bid was the highest.

The only reason I could think of why it wasn't accepted was the installments? It definitely had met the value overall, but the up-front payment was below his value.

22nd January..

Spoiler

gqzQewG.png

SRBrV3r.png

Third Juventus game attended. Again Kulusevski not starting.. At least I was able to watch the game with my Chief Scout next to me! :D

26th January..

Spoiler

x37oKId.png

bRFsiy2.png

4th match attended but almost didn't make it the 3rd time watching Kulusevski playing, as he only spent less than a minute on the pitch. My Chief Scout's company was most welcome again! :D

29th January..

Spoiler

P65aeQ7.png

QWVPgmy.png

4th game watching Kulusevski playing in January.. Again from the bench! As it was the last game in January for Juventus, all hopes seem to be gone for this window. At least other bids were rejected - luckily!

Had a conversation with my Chief Scout during the game if we should try to bring in someone else in the last couple of days of January, whilst waiting for Kulusevski to change his mind next summer.

Saw this in the news in early January, since both him and Obando were the awards winner. I'll be honest, despite being in my Scout Centre's recommended player, I never payed attention to Zeballos before this.

xUyAbIT.png

aeYljcr.png

GmJyRKW.png

After further scouting, I like how the comparison chart came up. Very balanced wide player with good defensive responsibility. In the end, decided to not to pursue him this season because I wanted to save the £8m of my budget for the summer - just incase it is needed.

Deadline-day..

Spoiler

Since Parma have a Serie A match against Torino, I wasn't expecting anything on deadline-day..

Spoiler

OCsabJw.png

After the match, at 21:15, decided to ask Inglese to encourage Kulusevski to join Parma. Since Inglese was my highest reputation player (I think), it was worth a try - for future benefit! :D

RMUyrRm.png

'Desperately wants to join Parma'?! Now? But we only have £8m in transfer budget.. :eek:

1 hour and 45 minutes left..

Spoiler

Looking at my squad and players that I would be willing to let go to raise the emergency funds..

Kurtic (£1.5m value), Brugman (£4.5m value), Karamoh (£6.5m value - 18 months of his contract left and on high wages) and Cornelius (£12m value)..

Decided to take the minimalist risk and just sell one player, and that has to be Cornelius, who I was starting to like and make use of more. Ideally I would like to keep Karamoh long term, but his contract renewal might see him asking too much money for someone not first choice and his work-rate is a measly 7.

uYB1f9J.png

Cornelius last day at Parma.. :(

Spoiler

VKraX7r.png

Offered him out and luckily Genk came in with a non-negotiable offer, that I accepted straight away.

q21iQSV.png

And not missing a beat, the deal was agreed straight away. Thank you, Cornelius!

DlVtLJm.png

Juventus wanted £47m, his value.. After negotiating, will it be successful?

i3CVLl6.png

My first negotiation was not successful! Now have to wait on how much Juventus wants, but time is running out!

1 hour and 30 minutes left..

Spoiler

z0VsAHH.png

L8XNlSK.png

Signed, sealed, and Cornelius-legend! Will miss the Big Dane!

Within 15 minutes, our new budget is now at £20.5m.. Will it be enough to make an offer? Remember, Juventus had accepted a £19m + %40 profit on next sale at the end of December..

15 minutes before, Juventus wanted £47m + 50% of next sale, I tried to negotiate it down to £18m + 40% of next sale and was awaiting their reply..

GuOYOJh.png

The wanted £28.5m + 50% of next sale, and finally the accepted my final offer of £18.25m + 50% of next sale!

Never had such a successful bid below a player's value, that is not transfer-listed. I guess the % of next sale was what Juventus banking on for future compensation? Not complaining, as if I have my own way, Kulusevski will retire with me here at Parma! :D

1 hour and 15 minutes left..

Spoiler

0issJOe.png

Now, with 75 minutes left, time to sort out the contract.

M0SMUmo.png

Yup, going to remove that 'Stepping Stone'.

fbbNUjd.png

Not bad starting demand from Kulusevski, had expected more. Inglese is my highest earner at £61k p/w.

EMALaME.png

After negotiation, was able to put Kulusevski behind Inglese - just about by £1k p/w difference! This is a feat on its own here :D

w3eIDPO.png

Locked in and now all I can do is wait. The ticker below 'There might not be enough time to complete a permanent move for Dejan Kulusvski, a loan move could have more chance of beating the deadline' is a worrying message, though..

2sNxNHt.png

Fingers crossed!

30 minutes left..

Spoiler

YES!!

jKkUXaB.png

Time to spare! What a rush! Never did any transfer like this before :D No wonder some managers in real life lived for deadline day! :lol:

Q8wByes.png

Kulusevski, before changing his jersey! Seriously, though, what was Allegri doing only playing him for 17 games, ALL FROM THE BENCH?

00 hours 00 minutes left..

Spoiler

Right on the dot! :D

bQB7Rwr.png

Welcome back, King Kulusevski! :D

DBC1LnB.png

I was torned between giving him the #8 (4+4) or his old number, #44. His favourite number is #10, but Hernani is already wearing that.

bwfzb1J.jpg

Decided to go for his original Parma jersey number, as it was how he made his name in and it looks cooler than a normal #8 :D

Press Conference

Spoiler

v1cgBdw.png

1wsWo8K.png

n0nug9d.png

xH7mJKE.png

vG39CdL.png

BxPy9Rm.png

fsEDvk8.png

Nbq2KiM.png

y3fGCvZ.png

ywNBrKO.png

31FL1mh.png

Legend! I'll admit I actually geeked out and did the Press Conference seriously, instead of just clicking through them :D

Surprisingly, there has not been a mentioned of his two previous seasons at Parma. There's a mention of Atlanta before Juventus only.

@ParanoidBuddha @WilsonJuve hope you have enjoy this section! This is for you both! :D

Transfers History:

Spoiler

C3Y1gDr.png

Transfers In

Spoiler

Carlos Augusto

mNLoPoC.png

Q6nOXxM.png

Thought why not since he was free and apparently could develop into a decent backup. He have Italian passport as well, so this was with the Club Vision in mind.

Fedde De Jong

img[imgLH2KaIr.png

I'll be honest here, I admit I wanted to sign him partly because of his name! Maybe he could emulate Frenkie in the future :D

He was discovered late in my first season, but AZ always wanted more than £8m each window, so when I saw that he was available for loan, decided to bring him in and see for myself if he could be part of the squad here.

Mathues Donelli

uy30mKG.png

ZR4xHp5.png

Another free agent found by my scouts. Since he was non-EU, decided to give him a 4-weeks trial first before deciding to bring him in as my 3rd choice GK. Might loan him out next season, depending on my goalkeeping situation and his progress.

Transfers Out

Spoiler

Pavone was in his final 6 months contract, there were nobody interested in him in the summer, luckily I got some money for him this time around.

Managers' Movements:

Spoiler

k0tcPDl.png

My prediction didn't come true after their last season late exploit - beating us into the Europa League final and jumping above us in the final week to finish 2nd in Serie A.

OtAP1cK.png

The other Inzaghi.

dVScBip.png

Would love to see Bielsa in Italy!

Staff Addition:

Spoiler

Some of you may remember I was bringing a former Parma player back as our new Technical Director (I don't really have a use for the role).

m0f56m9.png

Welcome back, Mario Stanic! Who joined Buffon and Zola amongst my staff. All 3 were teammates for Parma, with Stanic playing together with Buffon for 100 exactly 100 games, whilst Stanic and Zola shared the pitch on 54 occasions. Interestingly, Buffon and Zola only played 11 times together.

Transfer Targets Look-out:

Spoiler

2XbmpL3.png

Was a season 1 recommendation, but since Tomiyasu's arrival, my interst had cooled somehow. Now, I have an alternative target for Tomiyasu's backup when Darmian will retire.

3s0REEM.png

Another one my scouts recommended early, I almost go for him in the first January window but for lack of funds. Decided against him as I didn't like his lack of pace for someone so young.

Offers Received:

Spoiler

6v6Fctt.png

Ka5yyqy.png

A couple of offers from China, but not as money-breaking as come to expect. Definite rejections anyway.

psykXdt.png

Still undecided on what to do with Karamoh after this season. Final year contract coming up, on quite a high wages, and now with Kulusevski back in Parma, unlikely to get the RW spot for his own. Besides the questionable low work-rate of 7 (I preferred my players to have at least 10 in this attribute).

Club News:

Spoiler

ToVNf5D.png

2nd Parma player to win Goal of the Month (after THAT Kulusevski's goal in the 2nd season) :D

Affiliate

Spoiler

ipAJllk.png

TtbNSF7.png

LKvs8rX.png

Z2JGx8t.png

Couldn't see some of the words above, as the TCS skin clashed with the colours.

Knh0q6o.png

Very happy with my first chosen-affiliate. This will also might give a clue who I might be targeting in the summer, care to take a guess? :D

Notable Transfers:

Spoiler

G4kHVBi.png

d9dvcUA.png

tf102Bo.png

Juventus also has agreed a pre-contract agreement with Immobile, who is coming back to Italy after spending 18 months at Real Madrid. A great coup that, and maybe slightly explained why they sold Edouard on deadline-day to Atlanta as that left them without a senior striker for the rest of the season (only Petrelli is available and Ronaldo seems to be fixed to the LW role since only Bernardeschi is their current available winger - Douglas Costa injured and Kulusevski sold).

Next update: Rest of the season!

Edited by quee
Added Cornelius last day at Parma screenshot

9 minutes ago, Weston said:

What a season! I beat Milan to go top for 13 weeks before a phenomenally horrendous run of form saw me drop to 4th where I finished. Milan then smashed rivals Inter 4-0 on the final day to take top spot from Juve, who were held to a draw by Sassuolo, and win the scudetto at the death. Wild.

image.thumb.png.20bbfc4b63d516946be935d60d9bc276.png

Pretty disappointed in our utter collapse, I can't remember something this terrible lasting this long in a while. A combination between fixture congestion, injuries, poor performances, and just plain bad luck, combined for a pretty miserable time.

image.thumb.png.0409bcec21da0e25e216f9095fc24427.png

I'm not sure what went wrong, but the difference was stark. See the first half compared to the second half:

image.thumb.png.0c59a93bf1e7053ae53b1fca60418905.pngimage.thumb.png.d72ff3563f6cf33a0f3c2f831fdc6e3c.png

Compare this season to last, I finished two spots higher, but 6 points lower! I guess there were always bound to be some growing pains.

image.thumb.png.e5b625af37b2c89587f12d193e01564c.pngimage.thumb.png.ad4653f694b4fe9e5517fc259c7a137e.png

In any case, I made it to the semifinals of the Europa League, and I qualified for the Champions League. We have a strong, young squad, and some exciting players coming in this summer. The future is bright, even if I imagine next season will be much of the same results-wise. Forza Bari!

Amazing to get champions league football so quickly. Hopefully the extra funding will help going forward.

16 hours ago, quee said:

1703935670_ZParmaCalcio1913_logo-400x400.thumb.png.8f340acc07e6e4f93d880c74fb090dc9.png

Absolutelyt love this. Glad you finally got your man. Was worried the possibility might not come up for you. And what a price :eek:

Edited by WilsonJuve

6 minutes ago, WilsonJuve said:

Amazing to get champions league football so quickly. Hopefully the extra funding will help going forward.

Forgot to mention that, this is next year's budget  :rolleyes:

image.thumb.png.c144a5799bd950f12bedf9efae80a499.png

Anyone else struggling with the notorious undervaluing of their Italian players? I'm not saying he's world class, but if Plizzari is a young keeper who got his club to the Champions League surely he's worth more than 4mil? Is there anything I could do to increase their value?

image.thumb.png.679bdd990057d4ece3b189b6fcffa506.png

image.thumb.png.04debb086e83ede61cb018904b7477e4.png

I have an interesting prospect in my youth ranks. He is currently a right footed AML / ST, and he is described as a "Committed attacking midfielder", despite not being able to play said position. I play without wings, but as he is a five star prospect and has a professional personality, I want to bring him into my team. How would you guys train him? I have something in mind myself, but I am keen to hear what you guys think of his future role and position.

6132zfj.png

21 minutes ago, Weston said:

Wow, congrats! Can we see his history page? What is the net amount of money between you and Juve overall now?

You're spoiling it for everybody else with that image quote, mate :lol: Was supposed to be a seamless read and an amazing discovery at the end.

As for the net money, not sure what you meant and looking for here.

Spoiler

nG5FFNw.png

This is at the end of the season. Since I haven't made an update, will leave the stats out.

Again, not sure why you're looking for the net money for Kulusevski.

7 minutes ago, Adzke said:

How would you guys train him?

Can we have a look at what positions familiarity he have so far?

Does seems to be a touch slow to be on the wings.

Just now, quee said:

Can we have a look at what positions familiarity he have so far?

Does seems to be a touch slow to be on the wings.

Yes, sure. I thought I had included that. Sorry.

eHQQUI6.png

Just now, Adzke said:

Yes, sure. I thought I had included that. Sorry.

IW as a creator could work, not as a dribbler or goalscoring player. But since you're not using the wings, maybe as a DLF or Treq? Or retrain him for the AMC/MC position. His committed description does sound promising and know he will work hard for the team.

Only an opinion, I'm not great at retraining players, so might be able to safely ignore said opinion :D

3 minutes ago, quee said:

IW as a creator could work, not as a dribbler or goalscoring player. But since you're not using the wings, maybe as a DLF or Treq? Or retrain him for the AMC/MC position. His committed description does sound promising and know he will work hard for the team.

Only an opinion, I'm not great at retraining players, so might be able to safely ignore said opinion :D

I've only once retrained a player succesfully, so I am in the same boat as you...

I am considering making him an WBR. He doesn't have the pace, but he has good teamwork, work rate, stamina, and balance.

His marking is not too far off, either (10). If he can learn to cross, he might be half decent for a struggling Serie A side, don't you think?

3 minutes ago, Adzke said:

His marking is not too far off, either (10). If he can learn to cross, he might be half decent for a struggling Serie A side, don't you think?

Oh not sure about that.. At most I was going to recommend B2B :D So can't tell you if WBR is a good idea or not. Some of his defensive attributes are not great in my eyes.

Edit: Don't forget, retraining eats at the PA points, I think. So, whatever you decide, it have to for the long term instead of changing it half way through.

Edited by quee

18 minutes ago, quee said:

You're spoiling it for everybody else with that image quote, mate :lol: Was supposed to be a seamless read and an amazing discovery at the end.

As for the net money, not sure what you meant and looking for here.

Reveal hidden contents

nG5FFNw.png

This is at the end of the season. Since I haven't made an update, will leave the stats out.

Again, not sure why you're looking for the net money for Kulusevski.

Sorry, I've edited it out now. I thought you said you were just hiding them to save space on the page!

1 minute ago, quee said:

Oh not sure about that.. At most I was going to recommend B2B :D So can't tell you if WBR is a good idea or not. Some of his defensive attributes are not great in my eyes.

To be fair, most of his attributes aren't great :D

Just now, Weston said:

Sorry, I've edited it out now. I thought you said you were just hiding them to save space on the page!

I am! But this was such a huge news! We should enjoy a bit of theater now and then :D

35 minutes ago, Weston said:

Anyone else struggling with the notorious undervaluing of their Italian players? I'm not saying he's world class, but if Plizzari is a young keeper who got his club to the Champions League surely he's worth more than 4mil? Is there anything I could do to increase their value?

image.thumb.png.679bdd990057d4ece3b189b6fcffa506.png

image.thumb.png.04debb086e83ede61cb018904b7477e4.png

To add to that he's won a good bit of awards. Seems FM has not fixed the way they criminally undervalue Italians...

image.thumb.png.743317820f8ac96cf833ead1c86e05b8.png

image.thumb.png.3d2236aebefd920ee29584dc591ca1fd.png

6 minutes ago, Adzke said:

I've only once retrained a player succesfully, so I am in the same boat as you...

I only did it once as well, I think. I had such a great RB regen, who have #7 as his preferred jersey number. So, retrained him as AMR and he excelled. He was already natural at RB, WBR, and MR positions, though, but not AMR.

Just now, quee said:

I only did it once as well, I think. I had such a great RB regen, who have #7 as his preferred jersey number. So, retrained him as AMR and he excelled. He was already natural at RB, WBR, and MR positions, though, but not AMR.

I did just the opposite, found a fine Colombian winger prospect and retrained him as a DR. He ended up being the world's best right back and worth more than €100M. Quite a succes!

2 minutes ago, Weston said:

To add to that he's won a good bit of awards. Seems FM has not fixed the way they criminally undervalue Italians...

I don't think being Italians is the reason here? I'm sure if you go to any threads where people brought up a lower league clubs to the top over a number of seasons, you won't find players valued at £50m+ suddenly.

As I said before, club reputations also play a factor. Then the obvious like contract length and his earnings. Comparative ability also plays a role, I think.

3 minutes ago, Adzke said:

I did just the opposite, found a fine Colombian winger prospect and retrained him as a DR. He ended up being the world's best right back and worth more than €100M. Quite a succes!

Wow, how many seasons did that took you?

Unfortunately, I haven't play too far into any seasons lately. I tend to lose interest when it becomes all regens :lol:

My best 2 in FM19 is waiting for me to come home :D

I don't think being Italians is the reason here? I'm sure if you go to any threads where people brought up a lower league clubs to the top over a number of seasons, you won't find players valued at £50m+ suddenly.

As I said before, club reputations also play a factor. Then the obvious like contract length and his earnings. Comparative ability also plays a role, I think.

Obviously those are all factors as well, but there is no way that a young goalkeeper who is winning these awards would be valued at 4.4 mil in real life.

Just now, quee said:

Wow, how many seasons did that took you?

Unfortunately, I haven't play too far into any seasons lately. I tend to lose interest when it becomes all regens :lol:

My best 2 in FM19 is waiting for me to come home :D

It took me less than a season, but he had really good attributes for the role, and must been quite versatile. Playing him regularly in the role, may also have had something to say.

He was from Venezuela, it seems...

aesi4Vl.png

16 minutes ago, Weston said:

He just won keeper of the year for a second time in a row and his value is still 4.4 mil... What else could he do for reputation if not that?

image.thumb.png.925ba8a6fee84b20353122ba5a69ac09.png

1 hour ago, WilsonJuve said:

Absolutelyt love this. Glad you finally got your man. Was worried the possibility might not come up for you. And what a price :eek:

Thank you! I knew you would enjoy it! Your updates on Kulusevski actually gave me hope that he might be able to rejoin Parma at some point. So, I just did my best and hope it was enough :D Very surprised about the price, I guess the % of next sale really played a factor there? I always tried to remove it from negotiations, but since Juventus had it as non-negotiable part of the deal, I was forced to make do with it.

1 hour ago, ParanoidBuddha said:

@quee thank you for the update, I really loved it and such a news! :D Do you think he will still improve in your save?

Thank you! Also knew you would loved the update! Glad you enjoyed it as well. If only I can read some of your Juventus' update, eh? :rolleyes:

I think he can improve to be at least a permanent 4* player. His personality has changed from Spirited to Driven in his 2 seasons to Parma, but 6 months back at Juventus has seen him go down to Resolute. That is something I would like to bring up again, in the hope it will help him recover the 6 months of barely any football.

When he was Driven-personality, he was always the best training performer at Parma - until his jadedness kicks in, then started to go down a bit.

His stamina and natural fitness is decent-good, but he always tires easily compared to my other players. Must be the amount of dribbles he is making each game? He is always amongst the leaders in distance covered as well, as can be seen from him helping the RB often. I just cannot play him in 2-3 games straight in a week or so, without resting him.

Now you know why I asked about his jersey number at the Italian topic, as I was undecided :D

5 minutes ago, Adzke said:

It took me less than a season, but he had really good attributes for the role, and must been quite versatile. Playing him regularly in the role, may also have had something to say.

He was from Venezuela, it seems...

aesi4Vl.png

Wow, he looks insane. How much did you pay for him? Is he a real player? I don't see him in my game but that isn't a newgen face.

5 minutes ago, Adzke said:

What was his starting value before that? Thought it had jumped all the way from low amount to 100m :lol:

Does look like a tasty player, shame about the jumping reach!

1 minute ago, Weston said:

Wow, he looks insane. How much did you pay for him? Is he a real player? I don't see him in my game but that isn't a newgen face.

He isn't, I've just disabled faces for regens, as I can't stand them. Ruins the immersion for me.

I see I actually paid a fortune for him. €28M. 

What was his starting value before that? Thought it had jumped all the way from low amount to 100m :lol:

Does look like a tasty player, shame about the jumping reach!

I paid €28M for him. Not quite the fairy tale I made it out to be. I thought I paid far less than that!

EDIT: To be clear: The screenshot is almost ten years after I bought him.

Edited by Adzke

10 minutes ago, Weston said:

Obviously those are all factors as well, but there is no way that a young goalkeeper who is winning these awards would be valued at 4.4 mil in real life.

Not sure what else you want to hear, mate. Him winning the awards are great, but you also need to think of it as a complete picture. His average ratings is only below 7. Is that someone who should be valued at £20m alone, before considering other factors? This is what I meant by comparative ability. Other goalkeepers are at higher reputation clubs, have better wages, are internationals, etc. I'm sure you're also well aware that his CA/PA is relative to your club, so he might have only been a 2.5* at other bigger clubs. Lots of factors to consider.

What do you think his value should be then? May I ask the reason you want it higher is because you want to sell him asap?

7 minutes ago, Adzke said:

I paid €28M for him. Not quite the fairy tale I made it out to be. I thought I paid far less than that!

EDIT: To be clear: The screenshot is almost ten years after I bought him.

That's still a phenomenal return! I'd pay more than that.

1 minute ago, quee said:

Not sure what else you want to hear, mate. Him winning the awards are great, but you also need to think of it as a complete picture. His average ratings is only below 7. Is that someone who should be valued at £20m alone, before considering other factors? This is what I meant by comparative ability. Other goalkeepers are at higher reputation clubs, have better wages, are internationals, etc. I'm sure you're also well aware that his CA/PA is relative to your club, so he might have only been a 2.5* at other bigger clubs. Lots of factors to consider.

What do you think his value should be then? May I ask the reason you want it higher is because you want to sell him asap?

There's no particular reason, and he's just one example. I just think in general Italian players seem undervalued across the board. Compare to when Mattia Perin was at Genoa - he was far less reputable by comparison and Juve spent 12mil on him. Again, small sample size, but I'm just thinking out loud.

6 minutes ago, Weston said:

he was far less reputable by comparison

How so? He was first choice for Genoa (Genoa is also a bigger club than Bari, even after a few seasons into FM? I stand corrected here) for 5 seasons before moving to Juventus, was already involved with the Azzuri since 20 (he was 3rd choice at 22 for the 2014 WC), with only injury forcing him to miss out on being 3rd choice again for 2016 Euros. Remember, he was signed when Buffon was leaving for PSG, so he was an important purchase as well. Being Italian, he might have been touted as long term number 1 for Juve then (@ParanoidBuddha might be able to tell more about Perin and Juve here)

I cannot say if Plizzari is a better GK at a similar age or for the future (I have never seen him play).

19 minutes ago, quee said:

How so? He was first choice for Genoa (Genoa is also a bigger club than Bari, even after a few seasons into FM? I stand corrected here) for 5 seasons before moving to Juventus, was already involved with the Azzuri since 20 (he was 3rd choice at 22 for the 2014 WC), with only injury forcing him to miss out on being 3rd choice again for 2016 Euros. Remember, he was signed when Buffon was leaving for PSG, so he was an important purchase as well. Being Italian, he might have been touted as long term number 1 for Juve then (@ParanoidBuddha might be able to tell more about Perin and Juve here)

I cannot say if Plizzari is a better GK at a similar age or for the future (I have never seen him play).

Plizzari has 4x the U21 caps and is younger than Perin was at the time. Perin finished 16th and 12th, compared to Plizzari finishing 6th and 4th and competing in continental competitions. Not to mention the awards. Doesn't add up.

Edited by Weston