[FM20][FM21][FM22][FM23] Calcio

zlatanera

Yeah it got weirder, he never left he's just sat there playing first pick for them transfer listed and wouldn't negotiate terms with me after half a year on the transfer list. I'm not sure I've ever actually seen an AI team buy him, now I think about it.

Kumbulla is another one, I keep seeing him get listed for around 5 million and I don't really get it - he looks pretty good to me.

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

7 minutes ago, Stackalee said:

Yeah it got weirder, he never left he's just sat there playing first pick for them transfer listed and wouldn't negotiate terms with me after half a year on the transfer list. I'm not sure I've ever actually seen an AI team buy him, now I think about it.

Kumbulla is another one, I keep seeing him get listed for around 5 million and I don't really get it - he looks pretty good to me.

I tried to buy Kumbulla for 2 entire season and Hellas was asking a huge amount of money for him, he's still there, key player for them.

3 minutes ago, LucasBR said:

I tried to buy Kumbulla for 2 entire season and Hellas was asking a huge amount of money for him, he's still there, key player for them.

He's only been listed when I can't get him or don't want him too! It's a conspiracy! :)

59 minutes ago, Stackalee said:

Makes sense, he has fairly similar attributes to Bruno I guess - I think I just tend to see his size and always want to get something out of it. Does the #10 perform well for you in that setup? Sorry for all the questions I just like the look of what you're doing.

No that’s fine, yea I know what you mean, his size and attributes you just want him to be incredible, so sometimes even if he’s doing well just want more out of him.

The no 10 is quite hit and miss actually, 1st season Alberto or Correa were both quality in that position, but so far in this 2nd season no one is really performing in that role.

Just now, sedge11 said:

He’s been transfer listed for 13mil in January on mine, very tempted to try get him.

Only 13??? Even if you don't need a keeper you should buy him :lol:

13 minutes ago, LucasBR said:

Only 13??? Even if you don't need a keeper you should buy him :lol:

Yea he was transfer listed in the summer for 35-40 mil and no one brought him, so now only 13 mil, does seem like a bargain.

3 hours ago, RaffiK6 said:

After days of searching i finally found my new club and therefore a big thanks to this thread! After the end of my Atheltic-save my focus was Ligue 1 but with this thread i knew it must be Serie A. 

I had Neapel, Parma or Bologna in my mind but (i dont know why :D) after getting up today i decided to start with Cagliari. Hopefully it will be u successful journey :)

Welcome! Glad the thread is doing its thing attracting new players and saves :D

Cagliari is a new entry in this thread, I believe, so should be interesting!

How was your Athletic save? I did it once (in FM13 or FM15), and really enjoyed it. Definitely not a short term save that one.

Edited by quee

1 hour ago, WilsonJuve said:

Seems decent enough and has a fairly positive personality is there nobody with similar stats with better personality?

Weston is doing adverts-only hire, I think.

In most saves, Peters is the most popular choice. I don't know how other Parma managers could afford him, he wanted £20k p/w :D

1 hour ago, WilsonJuve said:

Seems decent enough and has a fairly positive personality is there nobody with similar stats with better personality?

Not really that's available and that I can afford. I'm not saying my guy is best in the world, but surely he should have brought in at least one or two decent players by now, this is just pathetic. I haven't signed more than one or two of my intake each year, so I have basically no youth players at the club.

17 minutes ago, quee said:

Weston is doing adverts-only hire, I think.

In most saves, Peters is the most popular choice. I don't know how other Parma managers could afford him, he wanted £20k p/w :D

Nope, that's not me. I search for them.

2 minutes ago, Weston said:

I haven't signed more than one or two of my intake each year, so I have basically no youth players at the club.

At the start of my 3rd season, I only had 5 players in my u18s. In the next Youth Intakes, my HoYD recommended my DoF to sign 13 out of the 16 players (I actually thought it would be another 5 players only - as I didn't realised you can scrolled down to see the rest of the recommendations), despite only 2 or 3 of them having the PA to succeed :lol:

The new intake managed to help my u18s squeezed in the the last playoff spot on the last day, so there goes our early summer break (since it's the Winter WC year, it seems the 2022/2023 season is starting early?) :rolleyes:

23 minutes ago, Weston said:

Not really that's available and that I can afford. I'm not saying my guy is best in the world, but surely he should have brought in at least one or two decent players by now, this is just pathetic. I haven't signed more than one or two of my intake each year, so I have basically no youth players at the club.

Nope, that's not me. I search for them.

Yeah am sure they will come. It all depends on the standard at the club too. People think golden generation means loads of insanely high potential players, when in actual fact it just means a really good group of players in terms of your squad. Take my current golden generation from this season for example not one of them would make it into any other side in serie A I dont beleive. But for me a few have 5 star potential so its classed as golden. As you can see from the screenshots not only are we way behind on the salary charts were lowest average in every stat in the league per player apart from agression and leadership. Also look for this guy and see what his personality is in your game. In mine its one of the highest you can get.....
8FB664DE551D99FEC577F290B9E3004BBCE27CB33A9A3689A6EF9F83F780ED7C29D5962D082C3D52A126742222C5C9CDC2CD0172C996A94CF8A3350E

Just now, quee said:

I've never been to this page, time to investigate :lol:

Yeah its always useful information to see. It must put into account staff too as I havent signed or loaned a single player on this save but I have expenses. I did sign several staff members from other clubs though. One benefit for having such a low wage outlay is were absolutely raking the cash in being in Serie A. Also a off topic shout out to Dynamo Kyiv who managed to go the whole season unbeaten and still not win the league title.
C388008B0E9789BFDD788FA27195BB774D8EB95DDC27E7C2E124A1A66647A2C217D734CA09050E37

8 minutes ago, WilsonJuve said:

Also a off topic shout out to Dynamo Kyiv who managed to go the whole season unbeaten and still not win the league title.

Let me guess, they won and drew against Shaktar?

Just now, quee said:

Let me guess, they won and drew against Shaktar?

Certainly did oddly the win was away which was 1-0 and drew 0-0 at home. Just checked on your man Kulusevski and he finished the season in sensational form for atletico broke the club record for assists and man of the match awards. Supporters player of the year La liga player of the year among many others

23 minutes ago, WilsonJuve said:

Yeah am sure they will come. It all depends on the standard at the club too. People think golden generation means loads of insanely high potential players, when in actual fact it just means a really good group of players in terms of your squad. Take my current golden generation from this season for example not one of them would make it into any other side in serie A I dont beleive. But for me a few have 5 star potential so its classed as golden. As you can see from the screenshots not only are we way behind on the salary charts were lowest average in every stat in the league per player apart from agression and leadership. Also look for this guy and see what his personality is in your game. In mine its one of the highest you can get.....
8FB664DE551D99FEC577F290B9E3004BBCE27CB33A9A3689A6EF9F83F780ED7C29D5962D082C3D52A126742222C5C9CDC2CD0172C996A94CF8A3350E

I could sign that guy, but why lose lots of attribute points just to go from Fairly Professional to Perfectionist? The best two are Model Citizen and Model Professional, and there are no good targets with those. I'm less concerned about the personalities I'm getting and more concerned with the lack of quality, and my guy has 19 JPP...

22 minutes ago, quee said:

I've never been to this page, time to investigate :lol:

It makes you feel even better about your success when you compare salaries on that page. You'd like this, here is how I did in FM17:

image.thumb.png.94f1a1f490f0026c8498a1838f8e7ae4.png

image.thumb.png.faac761bfe91b1c38f28b954840382eb.png

image.thumb.png.0e535c1b006a7ec4324c56fdbdd2364b.png

1 minute ago, WilsonJuve said:

on the player click history and then milestones :thup:

Ah, I thought you could each club.

One of my favourite entry in milestones section is "Scored a Winning Goal in the Cup Final".

5 minutes ago, Weston said:

I could sign that guy, but why lose lots of attribute points just to go from Fairly Professional to Perfectionist? The best two are Model Citizen and Model Professional, and there are no good targets with those. I'm less concerned about the personalities I'm getting and more concerned with the lack of quality, and my guy has 19 JPP...

JPP isnt the best thing for them to have. Just means he has a higher chance of being accurate with his results. I find determination is a key attribute in this area and your guys would be too low for me to consider thats why I made the suggestion. And as far as the working with youngsters stat that means once they are at the club.

3 minutes ago, quee said:

Ah, I thought you could each club.

One of my favourite entry in milestones section is "Scored a Winning Goal in the Cup Final".

you can by club.....on the club screen click history....then records and go across to players and click the dropdown menu

Talking about staff member, my Assistant Manager that I hired in the first season was the first in my experience to decrease in their coaching ability. He went from a 4* to 3.5* in a matter of 6 months. I didn't even knew this was possible. It could be because of facilities improvement or other coaching improvements?

At the end of my 3rd season, he's still on 3.5* :lol:

44 minutes ago, WilsonJuve said:

JPP isnt the best thing for them to have. Just means he has a higher chance of being accurate with his results. I find determination is a key attribute in this area and your guys would be too low for me to consider thats why I made the suggestion. And as far as the working with youngsters stat that means once they are at the club.

Should I pay the 220k or so to cancel his contract and replace him then? It's hard to gauge which personalities are better but I guess Driven is? I also don't know if I will be at Bari next season, who knows. It just seems so counterintuitive that other attributes that aren't highlighted are allegedly more important than those that are? Does negotiating matter, then?

Here are the best three, I think. I've had Speakman in a previous save.

image.thumb.png.c54ed04350ff00eafcbba851d92a8815.png

image.thumb.png.16f488c21312aebd338fbae9934c6752.png

image.thumb.png.1f35c41ef2c0a9e4baa7afcf6bf23c88.png

Edited by Weston

5 minutes ago, Weston said:

Should I pay the 220k or so to cancel his contract and replace him then? It's hard to gauge which personalities are better but I guess Driven is? I also don't know if I will be at Bari next season, who knows. It just seems so counterintuitive that other attributes that aren't highlighted are allegedly more important than those that are? Does negotiating matter, then?

Here are the best three, I think. I've had Speakman in a previous save.

image.thumb.png.c54ed04350ff00eafcbba851d92a8815.png

image.thumb.png.16f488c21312aebd338fbae9934c6752.png

image.thumb.png.1f35c41ef2c0a9e4baa7afcf6bf23c88.png

Them top 2 look insane I would take a risk on either. And just offer your current one mutual termination. I have went through a couple in my save already. And yeah I get what you mean about the non highlighted stats effecting things. This is a snippet of what I read up on a couple of years ago in regards to HOYD.....

The HoYD will bring new youth players into the club and inform you about their development. His feedback will provide you with information about their training progress and other recommendations for improved player development.

1. The staff responsibilities of HoYD is directly tied to the clubs youth intake. As mentioned in the guide about the annual youth intake, you will benefit from the scouting knowledge of the staff personnel. This means that it can be valuable to pick a HoYD with a scouting knowledge from nations with high youth rating – which influence on the quality of regens production. Nations such as Brazil, Argentina, Germany, England, Spain or Italy can be worthy countries to search for a new HoYD in.

2. His personality will also be important. Selecting an HoYD who has an positive personality will most often let you see youth players with similar personalities coming through the annual youth intake, as your excellent head of youth development will often select youth players with similar personality like himself. I tend to look for backroom staffs with personalities such as Model Professional, Professional, Resolute, Determined or fairly Determined.

3. His tactical preferences can influence on the type of youth players coming through in the annual youth intake. It will be important to select an HoYD with some of the same preferences as your playing style (passing style / playing mentality) and the choice of preferred formation.

1.JPA will be important together with determination and man management for assignments related to decisions about contract renewals, but can also be important in issues related to spotting new talents and provide feedback about development rate.

2. A good staff member in this department will require good Motivation and Determination in order to secure the signature of new promising talents. Determination and motivation will also be related to contract renewals and be important in order to secure unwanted youngsters to leave the club on loan/transfers.

4 minutes ago, WilsonJuve said:

2. A good staff member in this department will require good Motivation and Determination in order to secure the signature of new promising talents. Determination and motivation will also be related to contract renewals and be important in order to secure unwanted youngsters to leave the club on loan/transfers.

Surprise this didn't mention the resulting coaching ability of the HoYD. Don't forget, your HoYD is also contributing on the training ground. I like to target at least 4* in all my coaches.

Just now, quee said:

Surprise this didn't mention the resulting coaching ability of the HoYD. Don't forget, your HoYD is also contributing on the training ground. I like to target at least 4* in all my coaches.

Yeah the training aspect is mentioned in a seperate paragraph.

The Head of youth Development will be one of the youth coaching staff, which reduces their workload. As the board set limitations to the allowed number of coaches, it’s a relief the Head of Youth Development can be set to one or more coaching areas, as you can save one of the available spots.

The Head of youth Development can be handle every department of training for the Under-18 Squad. Depending on the coaching area the HoYD is assigned to, you should/could look for a backroom staff member with decent level of Tactical Coaching. Then he will be a good choice for three of five coaching areas; defensive, tactical and attacking coaching category in Football Manager.

This will make him closer attached to youth development and nurturing of the clubs youngsters. What you select in this department should be determined by comparison of HoYD and Under-18 Manager – who have the best coaching attributes? There are three different responsibilities you can assign your HoYD to – or share responsibilities with the U18 Manager.

A) Runs general team training for youth squads (Under-18, Under-19)
B) Sets up individual training for youth players
C) Runs match training for Under-19 squad

1. Since the HoYD can be involved with coaching the youth squad he will require good Working with the Youth.

2. As all other Football Manager coaches, the HoYD will require the same coaching attributes as your 5-star first team coaches. This means that the levels of discipline, motivation and determination will affect his coaching star ratings in additional to specific coaching attributes.

3. Tactical knowledge will be important not only in regard to the annual youth intake but also for setting the correct match training / preparations – point C. A comparison between Under-18 Manager and Head of youth dev. in regard to tactical knowledge and judging player potential should be done in order to select the best of those two to run match training for U18/19 squad.

Hey everyone. 

New to FM, just finished my AC Milan test save which purpose was to help me learn the game. Somehow managed to win the league in my first year, but the biggest achievement was unsettling Kluivert so much that Roma accepted my 10 mil bid with no clauses and bonuses. 

Enough about the old save... I'm looking for a challenge. And because Serie A is currently my go to league, I decided to go with one of Bologna, Udinese, Cagliari or Sassuolo. I find it hard to make this decision so I though it would be nice to pick your brains. 

Bologna have quite a decent, diverse squad stacked with high profile wonderkids so I'm leaning towards them rn. 

Has anyone done a save with them? Can't find the 'search topic' section. 

Edited by Kaiduss

5 minutes ago, Kaiduss said:

Hey everyone. 

New to FM, just finished my AC Milan test save which purpose was to help me learn the game. Somehow managed to win the league in my first year, but the biggest achievement was unsettling Kluivert so much that Roma accepted my 10 mil bid with no clauses and bonuses. 

Enough about the old save... I'm looking for a challenge. And because Serie A is currently my go to league, I decided to go with one of Bologna, Udinese, Cagliari or Sassuolo. I find it hard to make this decision so I though it would be nice to pick your brains. 

Bologna have quite a decent squad stacked with high profile wonderkids so they are my most serious consideration atm. 

Has anyone done a save with them? Can't find the 'search topic' section. 

Welcome! :D

You can have a look here to see which saves others have done and draw inspirations from:

Bologna would be a great choice, lots of high potential players that can be around for a while yet that you could build your side around. Next on your list I would recommend Sassuolo, as they play good football in real life and have a handful of good players that could be interesting to build a side around.

3 hours ago, WilsonJuve said:

Them top 2 look insane I would take a risk on either. And just offer your current one mutual termination. I have went through a couple in my save already. And yeah I get what you mean about the non highlighted stats effecting things. This is a snippet of what I read up on a couple of years ago in regards to HOYD.....

The HoYD will bring new youth players into the club and inform you about their development. His feedback will provide you with information about their training progress and other recommendations for improved player development.

1. The staff responsibilities of HoYD is directly tied to the clubs youth intake. As mentioned in the guide about the annual youth intake, you will benefit from the scouting knowledge of the staff personnel. This means that it can be valuable to pick a HoYD with a scouting knowledge from nations with high youth rating – which influence on the quality of regens production. Nations such as Brazil, Argentina, Germany, England, Spain or Italy can be worthy countries to search for a new HoYD in.

2. His personality will also be important. Selecting an HoYD who has an positive personality will most often let you see youth players with similar personalities coming through the annual youth intake, as your excellent head of youth development will often select youth players with similar personality like himself. I tend to look for backroom staffs with personalities such as Model Professional, Professional, Resolute, Determined or fairly Determined.

3. His tactical preferences can influence on the type of youth players coming through in the annual youth intake. It will be important to select an HoYD with some of the same preferences as your playing style (passing style / playing mentality) and the choice of preferred formation.

1.JPA will be important together with determination and man management for assignments related to decisions about contract renewals, but can also be important in issues related to spotting new talents and provide feedback about development rate.

The thing is, I don't let my staff do a whole lot beyond recruiting youth intake and setting some general training stuff. So will determination and man management really make a difference in bringing the kids in, or only dealing with them once they're here? It all seems so unclear. If motivation and determination do, then why doesn't it mention negotiating?

3 hours ago, quee said:

Would Peters come to Bari, @Weston?

Who?

1 minute ago, Weston said:

So will determination and man management really make a difference in bringing the kids in, or only dealing with them once they're here? It all seems so unclear. If motivation and determination do, then why doesn't it mention negotiating?

Who?

As I understand it determination is one of the attributes which contributes to personality - so your HoYD determination attribute affects the determination of players in the youth intake.

And Bernhard Peters, I assume.

Well I've sacked Porchia on account of continuously disappointing results. Welcome, Speakman, we worked together in a past life.

image.thumb.png.5a00c3ec9dbd72b848a02e06a00fc20d.png

image.thumb.png.efc6a0e10f9c9fb97402ba4875688121.png

He's 1pt down in both WWY and JPP, the two highlighted attributes I thought mattered most, and up a good bit in JPA, the one that I didn't was really relevant, but up in pretty much every other area, including personality. So here goes nothing. Now we wait a year to see if it pays off, I guess.

33 minutes ago, Stackalee said:

And Bernhard Peters, I assume.

He's at Bayern and making more than some of my players do on a contract with multiple years left, so I'm gonna guess he is not interested.

Finally after a long time trying to get the database downloaded I can get stuck into my proper Fm20 save.

b0af5b4b00ef58815976f29032acca00.thumb.png.0ab83973d0b8ae78b2303cffd93aed8b.png

Edited by HiggyTMT

Not loving some of the social/training stuff in FM20. Perfectly good but fairly limited CB becomes a liability in big games because he picks up "brings ball out of defense" from a teammate then fails to unlearn it when asked. Eugh.

cistana.thumb.jpg.c105ebed2942234cf48e16fe6627b04d.jpg

Edited by Stackalee

7 minutes ago, LucasBR said:

That new Pescara shirt is making me eager to start a save with them :lol:

That kid was a genius :D

How far out are you with Roma now? Do a quick rundown of your save for us, your squad, transfers, competitions etc.

1 minute ago, quee said:

That kid was a genius :D

How far out are you with Roma now? Do a quick rundown of your save for us, your squad, transfers, competitions etc.

I'm walking to the middle of my 4th season, I've been dominating Italy so far except for the Coppa, I was knocked out every season on the second round :lol:

I'm in a middle of a game now, when it finishes I'll post a screenshot of my squad for you guys and the all transfers I've made so far.

1 minute ago, LucasBR said:

I'm walking to the middle of my 4th season, I've been dominating Italy so far except for the Coppa, I was knocked out every season on the second round :lol:

I'm in a middle of a game now, when it finishes I'll post a screenshot of my squad for you guys and the all transfers I've made so far.

Thought you would be farther ahead than that! I'm almost caught up with you, at the end of my 3rd season now :lol:

1 minute ago, quee said:

Thought you would be farther ahead than that! I'm almost caught up with you, at the end of my 3rd season now :lol:

Yeah, I'm not playing as much as I was, I'm finishing my backlog on my PS4 now :lol: