Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Hi, I've downloaded FM20 but can't find the files in the usual place on my iMac, its normally in documents in finder but can't find the files (Tactics etc) anywhere, anybody got an idea?

Edited by M.D
Link to post
Share on other sites
vor 54 Minuten schrieb M.D:

Hi, I've downloaded FM20 but can't find the files in the usual place on my iMac, its normally in documents in finder but can't find the files (Tactics etc) anywhere, anybody got an idea?

 

The directory has changed on macs:

 

Users/YOUR Mac USERNAME/Documents/Sports Interactive 

Now the files will instead appear in the following location:

Users/YOUR Mac USERNAME/Library/Application Support/Sports Interactive

By default this folder is hidden, so to access you need to do as follows:

Open Finder

Click ‘Go’ from the menubar

Press and hold down the ‘Option’ (Alt) key

This will bring up the ‘Library’, click to enter then go to ‘Application Support’ -> ‘Sports Interactive’ -> ‘Football Manager 2020’

Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, KUBI said:

 

The directory has changed on macs:

 

Users/YOUR Mac USERNAME/Documents/Sports Interactive 

Now the files will instead appear in the following location:

Users/YOUR Mac USERNAME/Library/Application Support/Sports Interactive

By default this folder is hidden, so to access you need to do as follows:

Open Finder

Click ‘Go’ from the menubar

Press and hold down the ‘Option’ (Alt) key

This will bring up the ‘Library’, click to enter then go to ‘Application Support’ -> ‘Sports Interactive’ -> ‘Football Manager 2020’

Thankyou very much

Link to post
Share on other sites

@KUBI  Sorry to trouble you again, what I don't understand is after I download a tactic, where do I save it so I can upload it into the game? apology for being a bit dim on this...

Link to post
Share on other sites
Gerade eben schrieb M.D:

@KUBI  Sorry to trouble you again, what I don't understand is after I download a tactic, where do I save it so I can upload it into the game? apology for being a bit dim on this...

There  should be a tactics folder, if there isn't one create it.

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, KUBI said:

There  should be a tactics folder, if there isn't one create it.

But when I try to upload a tactic it only give me the option of loading from Marks iMac and nothing more?

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, KUBI said:

There  should be a tactics folder, if there isn't one create it.

Sussed it now, thanks for your help once again..

Link to post
Share on other sites

I’m playing with FM 2019 but after updating to OS Catalina all my saves disappear from the game and I have to download every time them from the Apple Cloud. The same tactics folder and so on. Rather annoying. In case anybody has some advice he is welcome.

Edited by fuego
More details added
Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, fuego said:

I’m playing with FM 2019 but after updating to OS Catalina all my saves disappear from the game and I have to download every time them from the Apple Cloud. The same tactics folder and so on. Rather annoying. In case anybody has some advice he is welcome.

This problem is exactly why we moved the location of the files for FM20, due to this new "feature" of Catalina. FM cannot access your documents folder where the savegames are anymore, you can allow FM access by following this guide: https://nektony.com/duplicate-finder-free/folders-permission

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, oi_oi_ginger_roy said:

As a side note how well does FM20 run on an iMac? Do the fans start kicking in to overdrive as soon as you start a game?

Really depends on the kind of iMac you have. I have an iMac that is fairly silent when running FM only, my MacBook makes around 64db of noise when running the game, when its processing it can go up to 67dB, and the ambient sound dB in my room is around 62db. My CPU runs at around 70deg and my GPU runs at around 69deg. So a lot really depends, not everyone's rig is going to be the same. I have heard that some people are having loud fans and/or overheating issues. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
17 ore fa, EdL ha scritto:

This problem is exactly why we moved the location of the files for FM20, due to this new "feature" of Catalina. FM cannot access your documents folder where the savegames are anymore, you can allow FM access by following this guide: https://nektony.com/duplicate-finder-free/folders-permission

i've downloaded and installed Duplicate File Finder in order to grant access to my saves in the choose match to load window at beginning of FM 19.

But, following the guide, I don't see it in the Privacy --> Files and Folder window. Furthermore it seems an application for removing duplicates when I just want my saves to remain on the hard disk and not to escape to the Cloud every moment.

Do you have an idea of what I'm doing wrong?

Thank you.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 07/11/2019 at 08:23, Rashidi said:

Really depends on the kind of iMac you have. I have an iMac that is fairly silent when running FM only, my MacBook makes around 64db of noise when running the game, when its processing it can go up to 67dB, and the ambient sound dB in my room is around 62db. My CPU runs at around 70deg and my GPU runs at around 69deg. So a lot really depends, not everyone's rig is going to be the same. I have heard that some people are having loud fans and/or overheating issues. 

Thanks

I've got this one (latest model):

  • 3.1GHz 6-core 8th-generation Intel Core i5 processor
  • 16GB 2666MHz DDR4 memory
  • Radeon Pro 575X with 4GB of GDDR5 memory
Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...