[FM2020] Polish lower leagues - till 6th level (updated for 20.4 patch)

Work in Progress

Release Date

19.11.2019 - 2nd and 3rd division activated

DOWNLOAD 1.0 VERSION

30.12.2019 - 4th, 5th and 6th level activated 

DOWNLOAD 1.0 VERSION

01.03.2020 - 6th level updated for 20.3 version

DOWNLOAD

07.03.2020 - 6th level updated for 20.4 version

DOWNLOAD

YOU CAN SUBSCRIBE ON STEAM HERE

• I've tested the file for 2 years (in game and in editor) and it runs okay but if you get an error/crash - try to explain when or in what situation
  • ALWAYS SELECT ADD PLAYERS TO PLAYABLE TEAM when starting a new game. Because the original database created by us researchers is till 4th level really. So if you don't select this box you'll basically start with no players in club and no players to sign because these are free agents released from 2nd/3rd division clubs.
  • No Regional Cups for now, I'll add them when 7th level will be ready
  • Pro Junior system is implemented
  • Promotion play-off in II liga is implemented (like in real life)
  • Promotion/Relegation between 4th/5th level is not real for now (playoffs between child competitions are not done yet), but every club playable has recreated regionalization so promotion/relegation divisions are 95-99% correct (number of teams in divisions will vary slightly because of that). No more teams switching divisions from west to east
  • Break periods are now like in real life (I've messed up earlier and haven't set that correctly)

If you have any questions/problems, if you encounter weird situations - please let me know

40026369_1484391371662288_12157418136970

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Change-log:

1.0 version

- Second Division

• activated
  • promotion play-off created from scratch
  • dates are set (start/finish and winter break)
  • substitution rules are 3 from 9 (IRL is 3+1u21 (only) from 9 but no option to set that in editor)
  • league sorting rules are set
  • squad registration rules are set (1 non eu player max and at least 2 u-21 polish players on the pitch)

- Third Division

• activated
  • dates are set (start/finish and winter break)
  • substitution rules are 4 from 9
  • league sorting rules are set
  • squad registration rules are set (1 non eu player max and at least 2 u-21 polish players on the pitch)
  • every division has 4 relegation places (because Fourth Division is inactive and used only for promotion/relegation purposes)
  • 2 points deducted from Ruch Chorzów

current issues to resolve:

• too many good regens in youth academy clubs
  • potential issue with nationalities in youth academy clubs (polish names with foreign main nationalities, should be other way around)
  • lower league kits are randomized due to lack of info/pictures
  • slow processing/loading - file is huge and I'm doing everything I can to 'compress' it
  • 8th and 9th level probably won't be playable due to child competition limit (IF I make tweaked pyramid these levels will be playable)
  • lack of youth competitions - it's impossible to create semi-similar polish youth pyramid (but I'll try to recreate as much as possible)
  • most stadiums are named after city (w Lublinie - in Lublin, MOSiR - Municipal Center of Sport and Recreation etc.)
  • lack of stadium info (capacity, attendances) - if not known, 'average' ratings are set (100-200 capacity, 50-100 attendance)
  • Leagues size are flexible because dynamic promotion/relegation is way too complicated to recreate (and for dynamic prom/releg to work, all divisions would have to be active). No more than 20 teams in division. Unfortunately it's the only option to have right teams in right regional divisions (the ONLY polish update that keeps correct teams in correct divisions)

• Bigpole changed the title to [FM2020] Poland football pyramid (down to 7th level) [WIP]

Hey, is it possible to get a file only with 2nd,3rd and 4th division ? without playable 5th and lower divisions ? 
Also (if U are planning) without adding real players ? its killing game pace on my laptop :P

thanks for reply !

17 minutes ago, DamianJB said:

Hey, is it possible to get a file only with 2nd,3rd and 4th division ? without playable 5th and lower divisions ? 
Also (if U are planning) without adding real players ? its killing game pace on my laptop :P

thanks for reply !

I'll release a simple file with leagues already in database (III liga is 4th division so this will be the lowest level) and 'advanced' file with my changes and lower leagues added so no worries for those who don't have powerful pc/laptop.

Regarding real players - not a chance, when research is on (on summer and then winter) - I'm trying to add youth players to lower league teams but for my update - I simply don't have time for that.

1 minute ago, Bigpole said:

I'll release a simple file with leagues already in database (III liga is 4th division so this will be the lowest level) and 'advanced' file with my changes and lower leagues added so no worries for those who don't have powerful pc/laptop.

Regarding real players - not a chance, when research is on (on summer and then winter) - I'm trying to add youth players to lower league teams but for my update - I simply don't have time for that.

Perfect, thanks ! :))

PS. I'm not a person which can handle advanced editor properly. Is it possible to make extra file with small change in league rules ? I mean for FM19 i made a file with foreigners limits in all leagues but they've been starting from day A, i also been trying to make it from 2nd season but unfortunatly its not getting on for me. Could U make it ? In Lotto Ekstraklasa max 4 foreigners (all not only from outside EU) and minimum 1 u21 player also in lower league 1 foreigner and minimum 2 u21 players ? 

4 minutes ago, DamianJB said:

Perfect, thanks ! :))

PS. I'm not a person which can handle advanced editor properly. Is it possible to make extra file with small change in league rules ? I mean for FM19 i made a file with foreigners limits in all leagues but they've been starting from day A, i also been trying to make it from 2nd season but unfortunatly its not getting on for me. Could U make it ? In Lotto Ekstraklasa max 4 foreigners (all not only from outside EU) and minimum 1 u21 player also in lower league 1 foreigner and minimum 2 u21 players ? 

you can send the file here, I'll tweak it at home and send you back.

The editor somehow blocked number of teams relegated from normal database (is set to 0) so it's not possible to have a simple basic rules file for this year. I'll do it in advanced rules but I'm quite disappointed.

• Bigpole changed the title to [FM2020][WIP]Poland football pyramid down to 7th level

Basic rules for now are pretty much useless since you can't change number of promotion/relegation in division. So most of the work will have to be done in advanced editor. 

Basic version of the file (which activates Third Division) is almost ready, Minor changes like number of subs, league sorting rules, some dates and squad reward for playing u21 players will be done when I come back from work, the rest is done (second division activated and created promotion playoff, added third division and fourth as inactive for promotion/relegation between 3rd and 4th).

• Bigpole changed the title to [FM2020]Poland football pyramid down to 4th level
  • Bigpole changed the title to [FM2020]Polish lower leagues [WIP] - Level 4th RELEASED

Interesting issue indeed. If one has a very powerful PC, I recommend using option with citizenship/continent. Does not reduce the players quantity. But the DB is extremely huge then ;) 

On 24/11/2019 at 02:06, avto said:

Interesting issue indeed. If one has a very powerful PC, I recommend using option with citizenship/continent. Does not reduce the players quantity. But the DB is extremely huge then ;) 

yes, it is a workaround but I'd prefer this to be fixed :D

quick update - due to weirdly slow speed in advanced editor (and less 'options') in basic editor, lower levels will be delayed slightly. Early December will be 1st phase of testing, 5th and 6th levels were giving no problems (simulated in game for 5 years), so now will be the hurdle that kept me off lower leagues year ago - simulating 7th and 8th levels.

If editor will be friendly - I'll be updating the file till winter patch. If not - I'll be experimenting with game and maybe publish my findings.

Bigpole, one thing you might want to check is your memory usage. This might cause the slowness.

Another thing, users reported issues with relegation/promotion in levels with subdivisions. Does your edit have issues with that?

13 minutes ago, Wolf_pd said:

Bigpole, one thing you might want to check is your memory usage. This might cause the slowness.

Another thing, users reported issues with relegation/promotion in levels with subdivisions. Does your edit have issues with that?

12gb of ram so no problem with that. About relegation/promotion - it can't be done in basic editor really, and when league is expanded for one year or expanding from next year this can cause issues yes. 

27 minutes ago, sporadicsmiles said:

A lot of people will be done if they do not roll out a fix for that. 

I will have a go at finding the issue and see if I can get a work around at some point this week/weekend, if they do not comment on it. 

Can I help you possibly?

20 hours ago, Pyrrus said:

Any news? 

I was off for a weekend, mainly due to this bug with verifying rules. So since this was fixed, I'll get back to work again, almost all technical stuff is almost done, unfortunately when I release the file it will be with fictional kits/colours in lower leagues. Proper promotion/regulation system and regional division setup is more important at the moment.

3 hours ago, Montrey said:

Bigpole any Chance to realase 5th(4liga) in this week?

Today/Tomorrow I'll finish adding teams to lowest divisions so gradually I'll be releasing files. Of course it will be alpha version (haven't tested full promotion/relegation system) but I'll upload it here for sure.

Sorry guys for the delay though, pre-christmas period in work is really busy this year so there's a week/two weeks delay with the update.

On 11/12/2019 at 17:11, Bigpole said:

Today/Tomorrow I'll finish adding teams to lowest divisions so gradually I'll be releasing files. Of course it will be alpha version (haven't tested full promotion/relegation system) but I'll upload it here for sure.

Sorry guys for the delay though, pre-christmas period in work is really busy this year so there's a week/two weeks delay with the update.

You mean lowest divisions like 8 and 9th level? Don't be sorry, You're great and Your work is great. I think not only me but many, many FM fans really apreciate what You're doing. Thank You. 

Stay safe! 

1 hour ago, Pyrrus said:

You mean lowest divisions like 8 and 9th level? Don't be sorry, You're great and Your work is great. I think not only me but many, many FM fans really apreciate what You're doing. Thank You. 

Stay safe! 

thanks for the kind words, really appreciated. The main problem is the boring adding clubs to the divisions and cities to the clubs. And because polish letters ARE STILL NOT WORKING FOR GOODNESS SAKE, it makes my job slightly longer.

If some of you are wondering why I need to add clubs to the divisions that are like to be unplayable (probably due to child competition restriction) - it's because of realism, depth and recreating the climate of local leagues. 

36 minutes ago, Bigpole said:

thanks for the kind words, really appreciated. The main problem is the boring adding clubs to the divisions and cities to the clubs. And because polish letters ARE STILL NOT WORKING FOR GOODNESS SAKE, it makes my job slightly longer.

If some of you are wondering why I need to add clubs to the divisions that are like to be unplayable (probably due to child competition restriction) - it's because of realism, depth and recreating the climate of local leagues. 

If you need any help with multi edid - just ask. Dont add clubs to database 1 by 1 - this can be done with script in easy way.

40 minutes ago, avto said:

Is there any chance that the child competition restriction could be somehow removed by editing XMLs or use of Resource Archiver? 

I think it's just game/editor limitation, last year I 7th level was working for few weeks with around 130 child comps (and after 19.3 patch stopped), but 8th level with 170 was crashing when creating a simulation in editor to simulate at least 3-5 years.

22 minutes ago, Bigpole said:

I think it's just game/editor limitation, last year I 7th level was working for few weeks with around 130 child comps (and after 19.3 patch stopped), but 8th level with 170 was crashing when creating a simulation in editor to simulate at least 3-5 years.

That's a pity. If I remember correctly, for FM18 it was possible to recreate the whole structure, at least in the editor. It was crashing after few weeks, so it might be the same issue. I wonder, if there's another country with such numerous lower leagues, and how do their updates work. Austria maybe with their D10?

29 minutes ago, Bigpole said:

You can solve this by creating "split" somewhere in your system - you simply set several parent competitions and you can have 50-70 child competitions in each parent.

For example - level 4 north parent competition, level 4 south parent competition and so on. In level 3 north and south leagues you simply set relegation to specific parent competition.

6 hours ago, krlenjushka said:

You can solve this by creating "split" somewhere in your system - you simply set several parent competitions and you can have 50-70 child competitions in each parent.

For example - level 4 north parent competition, level 4 south parent competition and so on. In level 3 north and south leagues you simply set relegation to specific parent competition.

I know, I've tried to do that in fm19, didn't worked then but I'll try few methods now and think.

image.thumb.png.fe23f35d57bbc56ec5279ed5a96a38c5.png

image.thumb.png.f857c7275c611dc0d9235d7f879e08e2.png

these kind of partnerships will be added for many teams (and if I find info about partnership, details will be included for sure)

Dev report: 

• teams were added to their respective divisions which means creating the pyramid in advanced rules (finally!!)
  • for newly created teams I opted for random kits (for now). Yes real kits will add more realism but stable and realistic pyramid is more important atm.
  • reputations (mainly division ones) will be adjusted because I want to balance between not being able to sign every released player from bigger club and realistic transfers in all voivodeships (thus why setting all coordinates to every city was so painfully slow and boring).
  • competition short-names will be only 'main competition' like KLA - Klasa A, KLB - Klasa B. 
  • I'll leave finances alone except clubs where I know there's a big investor behind. And I'll try not to make these teams op.

I want to play this file on the Christmas period so I'll try to release playable version this week hopefully. 

first bigger bug - teams are weirdly distributed, no regionalization at all. The matches are played normally, the league starts normally but teams are in wrong divisions so this has to be fixed asap and I'll be working on it tonight.

4 hours ago, Bigpole said:

first bigger bug - teams are weirdly distributed, no regionalization at all. The matches are played normally, the league starts normally but teams are in wrong divisions so this has to be fixed asap and I'll be working on it tonight.

I think the regionalization has always been a problem, the structure just throws a fit so often this is a bug most of the users learn to live with.

btw, what levels are we talking here, is it just the 5th level or are we going deeper down? :)

22 minutes ago, Sopel said:

I think the regionalization has always been a problem, the structure just throws a fit so often this is a bug most of the users learn to live with.

btw, what levels are we talking here, is it just the 5th level or are we going deeper down? :)

5th level causing problems weirdly. I mean, it's not even wrong promotion/relegation, the teams at the start are wrongly distributed (wrong voidvodeships). For now I'm only testing in basic rules (I know that in advanced I can change more things) but I haven't had this problem earlier. I'll check stadium/cities coordinates once again later this evening when I come back from work.

image.thumb.png.5b40e1831c29d778c68d1dba7d746576.png

Problem with wrong team distribution is solved I think, so 5th level (Fourth Division) and 6th level (Klasa Okręgowa) should be released tomorrow in alpha state. No more work shifts so full focus on the file at last :D

Great news! I'm really waiting for the complete file, you are doing an excellent work! And I hope it will be compatible with as many other add-ons as possible (although I know it might be difficult, though).

3 minutes ago, avto said:

Great news! I'm really waiting for the complete file, you are doing an excellent work! And I hope it will be compatible with as many other add-ons as possible (although I know it might be difficult, though).

Should be easily compatible, but loading times will probably be longer than in normal pyramids due to size of polish pyramid for those interested click on this link and check for yourself

And adding players to playable teams is a must because from 5th level downwards research is non-existent basically. 

As I've said earlier - dynamic relegation/promotion is too hard and too complicated and I've decided that from 5th level downwards league size will vary (which can allow better regionalization). And don't be scared if you'll see regen with weird nationalities in lower leagues (Finnish, Albanian, Kosovan) - I think it's the new feature this year to have more diversity and frankly I'm okay with that.

If You add new teams (and You have to for D5 and lower) it might cause ID conflicts with the other lower league updates from other countries. But I hope it won't. Till D4 there's no problem.

Big DB size is not a problem. Just a game will be slower, nothing more ;) league size changes are an acceptable solution, of course unless it causes league growth to some 30 teams in the future.

As for regens - if it were nationalities from neighbouring countries, I'm absolutely ok with that. Finnish or Albanians well, it's definitely not the reality and it won't be for the next decades, but if nothing can be done, it's still acceptable ;)

Is there any way to help you?

2 hours ago, maksiodj said:

Liga Okręgowa Legnica is done as it would or could do with Górnik Lubin?

Yes of course, all teams confirmed for 19/20 will be in the game (I'll check in the future clubs that withdrawn from competitions)

2 hours ago, avto said:

If You add new teams (and You have to for D5 and lower) it might cause ID conflicts with the other lower league updates from other countries. But I hope it won't. Till D4 there's no problem.

Big DB size is not a problem. Just a game will be slower, nothing more ;) league size changes are an acceptable solution, of course unless it causes league growth to some 30 teams in the future.

As for regens - if it were nationalities from neighbouring countries, I'm absolutely ok with that. Finnish or Albanians well, it's definitely not the reality and it won't be for the next decades, but if nothing can be done, it's still acceptable ;)

Is there any way to help you?

Apart from ID conflicts (which can only cause problems with graphics I think) my file should be alright. I've capped league size at 20 (from 5th level downwards) so I doubt there will be wrong team distribution after promotion/relegation. Only minor if any. 

And about newgens - I don't really know the solution to this problem, my bet is youth recruitment or reputation value. And I think in academy clubs variety of nationalities is not a bad thing. The only thing that annoys me in these newgens are polish names with foreign nationalities AS MAIN ONE (with fluent foreign language) and none polish second nationality. I'll check if it happens when I set foreign rules for lower leagues.

Another thing I've found is that friendlies in lower leagues are 'closer' just like in real life. No more teams from Gdansk and Wroclaw playing friendlies in regional leagues.