Any suggestions to increase performance?

Maybe my laptop just isn't powerful for the game, here are my specs:

• i5-6200u @ 2.3GHz 2.40 GHz
  • 8 GB of ram
  • SSD - Acer Swift 3
  • Windows 10

The game is essentially unplayable. I'lll click a button and the event action will occur ~4 seconds later.

Does anyone have any suggestions on ways I can increase the performance, or is my laptop just not good enough? I find it shocking as OOTP 19 plays perfect.

Edited by the207life

A lot of people seem to be having performance issues so I wouldn't worry too much. It is a beta afterall. My laptop ran FM19 easily and now it's a bit laggy and stuttering, e.g i click to go to match and it's stuck on "players are warming up " for a couple of mins. They'll iron it out with a patch in the next few days, or if not certainly by release.

8 minutes ago, TheCook said:

Are you using High Power Plan when playing the game? Also, the CPU isn't very good for playing FM.

Yup. Yeah, I know it’s not the greatest but unfortunately it’s all that’s on the table right now. Just seems crazy that it can play games like civ and ootp fine but fm20 is completely unplayable.

looks like I’ll have to do a return on steam... bummed. 

Well I'm sure they are going to optimize the game before beta is over. I'm also having performance issues, although not so severe.

The game handles multiple cores very poorly and seems to prefer clock frequency over anything else. Multithreading is generally poor in most video games.