6 minutes ago, libbyshuss said:

what do you mean? what have I missed?

As far as I can see, the lower leagues were abandoned in March due to Covid-19 so there weren't any promotions/relegations.

It should mean that no new teams will be available for the FM21 challenge.

• Replies 990
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, libbyshuss said:

Ah yeah, I forgot all about that! So we probably will have to holiday 2 years rather than 1?

The holidaying will still work as usual, it just means the list of possible teams will be almost identical to FM20 (I think two teams have gone).

22 hours ago, dafuge said:

I wasn't planning on buying FM21, so this year would have been the last for the challenge.

I've since had second thoughts and have begun playing FM again after a gap of about 18 months.

I've no idea when the beta is out, but I probably won't have time to get the thread up and running until Friday/Saturday.

i assume we can still start the challenge as soon as we get the Beta and just look at promoted teams in the england page at end of season ?

10 hours ago, Superowl90 said:

i assume we can still start the challenge as soon as we get the Beta and just look at promoted teams in the england page at end of season ?

Hopefully, yes. 

I'm not expecting any changes to be made to the rules, so you should be able to get going using the usual setup.

Going to start this right away on fm21.

Currently holidaying to see what teams pop up. Hoping for Cray Wanderers as I used to play against their youth sides when they was just a sunday league side.

Can confirm saving on 30th may and then holidaying Until 25th June sees the promoted teams change. 

Edited by Lewis89

I saved on the 8th of May just to be safe so good to know I can move that up. Did take me ages to find the correct 4 extra leagues to load in, must be going blind.

E: can't find season summary screen anywhere?

Edited by CMU Chips

Having reloaded a good 20 times now, the lowest ranked team I have seen promoted are Wingate & Finchley (1750) based on FM20 Rankings. 

Im upto the 19th of June save wise and the promoted teams are still changing. 

Edited by Lewis89
4 minutes ago, CMU Chips said:

I saved on the 8th of May just to be safe so good to know I can move that up. Did take me ages to find the correct 4 extra leagues to load in, must be going blind.

E: can't find season summary screen anywhere?

Im checking promoted teams via the season preview page. The teams with a 'p' next to them are the newly promoted sides. 

Just now, Badger With A Hat said:

Season summary isn't showing until the 25th June for me.

May have been that then, I went forward a day and it was an option in the Nation drop down menu from the top. Think I'm going to start with 

Worthingfclogo.png

I like the fish badge

3 minutes ago, Badger With A Hat said:

Season summary isn't showing until the 25th June for me.

You're correct. Was a typo in my post. 

Have tried saving on 23rd of June but the same teams are promoted when reloading. 19th of June works fine though. 

Edited by Lewis89
3 minutes ago, CMU Chips said:

May have been that then, I went forward a day and it was an option in the Nation drop down menu from the top. Think I'm going to start with 

Worthingfclogo.png

I like the fish badge

Getting it varying between 24th and 25th of June for me.  Think it depends on the time of day at which the game stops --- if you hit browse while processing --- or if a news item pops up after noon on the 24th, I get the season summary.....if I click continue and it goes to the next day before stopping, it's the 25th.

Now gotten 34 distinct teams in 8 save attempts ---- as usual, will post/host them as soon as the 21 challenge thread starts up.

4 minutes ago, G_D_K said:

Getting it varying between 24th and 25th of June for me.  Think it depends on the time of day at which the game stops --- if you hit browse while processing --- or if a news item pops up after noon on the 24th, I get the season summary.....if I click continue and it goes to the next day before stopping, it's the 25th.

Now gotten 34 distinct teams in 8 save attempts ---- as usual, will post/host them as soon as the 21 challenge thread starts up.

Have you had cray yet? Just wondering as i have not seen them yet in many attempts.

Just now, Lewis89 said:

Have you had cray yet? Just wondering as i have not seen them yet in many attempts.

Not yet..... but will continue looking....I'll PM you if I get one.

3 hours ago, G_D_K said:

Okay....to clarify something here.  The new teams can be found on the season summary screen on Jun 24th after 1700 hrs --- but you cannot retire and choose one of the new teams until the day ticks over to the 25th.

On a side not, I now have 14 saves with 46/84 teams discovered.  Have gotten some of them up on mediafire hosting site and will post them once the 21 thread goes live.  (hopefully not too early in the coming morning, as I'm a Yank with some weird time offset --- I wanna get it on page one again!

3 hours ago, Lewis89 said:

Can confirm that Cray can show up. Let me know if you want a savefile.

Edited by Scab

I’m at work soon, so there’s no chance the thread will be ready until this evening at the earliest. Unless anyone can spot any new features that would need rule changes then you should be able to make a start using the instructions in this thread.

Sounds like saving on 19th June and then holidaying until the 25th is the way to go on this version?

2 hours ago, dafuge said:

Sounds like saving on 19th June and then holidaying until the 25th is the way to go on this version?

I am checking all this for the Youth Only thread, so will update here too when I can confirm.

7 hours ago, Scab said:

Would be great thanks. I must have reloaded for 3 hours and had no joy.

7 hours ago, Scab said:

I'm aiming to with the Prem and CL playing long ball football, so I'm looking for an obscure club from the north west. Have you seen Atherton Colleries, Bamber Bridge or Radcliffe?

I've seen Morpeth, so if their reputation has stayed the same every club in the Northern Prem must be possible?

36 minutes ago, Scoham said:

I'm aiming to with the Prem and CL playing long ball football, so I'm looking for an obscure club from the north west. Have you seen Atherton Colleries, Bamber Bridge or Radcliffe?

I've seen Morpeth, so if their reputation has stayed the same every club in the Northern Prem must be possible?

I also saw morpeth and i think they are higher this year- ca 1950.   In club rep the teams around them are witton, dorchester and folkestone - all 1950 last year.

43 minutes ago, Scoham said:

It doesn't help immediately, but Bamber Bridge do show up eventually. I got them roughly every 50 reloads or so in FM20.

10 minutes ago, Thebaker said:

I also saw morpeth and i think they are higher this year- ca 1950.   In club rep the teams around them are witton, dorchester and folkestone - all 1950 last year.

That might explain it - how did you find out their rep? I've seen Horsham come up who only have  a rep of 1600, but I guess that's been increased too.

5 minutes ago, DazRTaylor said:

It doesn't help immediately, but Bamber Bridge do show up eventually. I got them roughly every 50 reloads or so in FM20.

Thanks, good to know it should be possible (assuming their rep hasn't been lowered).

1 minute ago, Scoham said:

That might explain it - how did you find out their rep? I've seen Horsham come up who only have  a rep of 1600, but I guess that's been increased too.

I'm guessing, but if you go to england/club rep and scroll down, the clubs are in order by rep (represented by stars). Most of the teams will be the same rep as last year so by looking at the teams in the list around them, their rep can be worked out

3 hours ago, Lewis89 said:

Would be great thanks. I must have reloaded for 3 hours and had no joy.

Check your PMs.

3 hours ago, Scoham said:

Have you seen Atherton Colleries, Bamber Bridge or Radcliffe?

Bamber Bridge and Radcliffe, yes. Atherton Collieries, no. 

1 hour ago, Lewis89 said:

So, having finally checked out Cray to start this challenge with (thanks to @Scab for the save file), I have decided against being them. They are super overpowered with players at this level so I will be opting against them. Instead I have made a start with Wingate and Finchley. Located in North London, it will be interesting to develop a rivalry with the two big boys of north London eventually. But first I need players as we are starting with only 13 in the squad.

Feeder Leagues

Game Setup

Manager

Lets get this show on the road.

I may be wrong, but didn't you mess up the feeder leagues? They're so confusing. Isthmian premier division isn't above south central?

Also a question for everybody. Will the challenge count if i start without feeder leagues? Cause i really can't find the needed ones. English system is so confusing, and with different names in FM it's impossible to select them without guidance :)

So large database without any feeder leagues is ok?

2 minutes ago, darius9 said:

Also a question for everybody. Will the challenge count if i start without feeder leagues? Cause i really can't find the needed ones. English system is so confusing, and with different names in FM it's impossible to select them without guidance :)

So large database without any feeder leagues is ok?

I'm just working on the thread now, so if you can wait a bit there will be the usual screenshot showing you where the leagues are.

1 minute ago, dafuge said:

I'm just working on the thread now, so if you can wait a bit there will be the usual screenshot showing you where the leagues are.

Thank you. You're the real legend. Been trying this challenge since FM12 and never got out further than league two, cause i tend to use my own tactics and i think that downloading them is cheating, but this year is gonna be different. (That's what i say to myself every year)

I will succeed! I truly believe, that this is the year when i'll complete this challenge.

1 hour ago, darius9 said:

I may be wrong, but didn't you mess up the feeder leagues? They're so confusing. Isthmian premier division isn't above south central?

All 4 lead into the 6th tier (vanrama south/north). It is super confusing 

Screenshot_20201111-184035_Samsung Internet.jpg

• 1 month later...

South Shields 2048-2049

Dafuge/Youth Challenge

It took me almost 30 seasons to finish this. 

This is the first time ever that I finish this challenge. I have 2 wonderkids and man the stories through the leagues... The excitement, the falls, the surprises. 

The best part of doing this challenges are the stories of the players.

I have finally completed this challenge I am so happy.

image.thumb.png.0e318ff32906e84e288ec0520b469fc2.png

image.thumb.png.fdb50b52d8ca66999dacaf3eeb08c045.png

image.png.cd0d92445d7df88a2849bcd3263b87bb.png

image.thumb.png.6d5ff9ff868e60cdb3e3280565d410a4.png

image.thumb.png.6534a43ecb5618af753f39e280e1bb33.png

image.thumb.png.4a6969a66597cdc3dd43e7024345720e.pngimage.thumb.png.6b30983f13bacd7febd2d76ef3499b79.png