FM20 Boxes Now Have Title

Alexpuk2002

I am creating a skin for FM20 and have used the FM19 Resource Archiver to extract the panels and skins etc.

I have transferred over the player profile from the FM19 EVO Skin and have tweaked it a little to how I like it. The one thing I have noticed now is that bordered boxes now have titles on them similar to subsection boxes. Is there a way to remove the titles? Below is a screenshot of the issue, I have put a red box around one of the panels that is acting in this way.

Screenshot-2019-11-02-at-11_56_16.thumb.png.42e22a428997fe10e881e0977118f0ca.png

4 hours ago, Alexpuk2002 said:

I am creating a skin for FM20 and have used the FM19 Resource Archiver to extract the panels and skins etc.

I have transferred over the player profile from the FM19 EVO Skin and have tweaked it a little to how I like it. The one thing I have noticed now is that bordered boxes now have titles on them similar to subsection boxes. Is there a way to remove the titles? Below is a screenshot of the issue, I have put a red box around one of the panels that is acting in this way.

Screenshot-2019-11-02-at-11_56_16.thumb.png.42e22a428997fe10e881e0977118f0ca.png

FM19 selector panels are causing a duplication. Deleting the container class within the relevant selector panel has solved my issues.

For example within player overview small selector panel remove the first container class on the line with id="SUBP". It'll be something like class="subsection_box" or possibly it's just a bordered_box. Just the class and appearance, keep the actual container. 

1 hour ago, Loda said:

FM19 selector panels are causing a duplication. Deleting the container class within the relevant selector panel has solved my issues.

For example within player overview small selector panel remove the first container class on the line with id="SUBP". It'll be something like class="subsection_box" or possibly it's just a bordered_box. Just the class and appearance, keep the actual container. 

That does work but it does remove the box around those selector panels which is what I am wanting. Does anyone know how to add a bordered box without the title showing?

If yours are relying on the selector panel for the appearance you might have to go into each of the 'options panel' linked within and remove the container title from each one. More hassle if yours is organised that way but not particularly difficult. 

On 02/11/2019 at 18:02, Loda said:

Or add:

dont_set_embedded_title="true"

e.g.:

<container class="client_object_viewer_selector_panel" id="pat2" file="player/player overview big selector panel" save_session_state="true"  minimum_width="330" default_width="-1" priority="3" dont_set_embedded_title="true">

• 1 year later...

The titles are controlled by the code in the linked selector panels, so from above example you'd need to locate the player overview big selector panel xml file in the panels\player folder.

In that file you'll see code like this for each item you can select:

<widget file="player/player attribute analyser panel" id="paAn" class="client_object_viewer_xml_panel" late_loading="true">
    <translation id="title" translation_id="
334971" type="use" value="Attribute Analysis[COMMENT: player overview; title for a panel showing an attribute analyisis diagram]" />
  </widget>

The translation line controls what title text shows, however note that it is the translation_id not the text in the value bit that controls what actually displays.

For best results (especially if you are releasing a skin) you want to use a translation_id that matches the title text you want to display as this ensures the game will translate the text for you.

To find an id there are three main methods;

- Easiest is if you are copying over code from elsewhere it should already have a translation id so copy that with your code.

- You can also find it in the xml files in the properties fmf file which is a good place to also find widget ids.

- You can also open the example language file used for creating translations, which is found in the languages folder of your User Data Location - search for the text you want and the number next to it is the translation id.

If you are only changing the titles for your own use then the easiest method is to just change that line from a translation line to a string line so change the middle line to read:

<string id="title" value="INSERT TITLE HERE" />

And that will print your value text as the panel title.

On 23/11/2020 at 12:51, michaeltmurrayuk said:

The titles are controlled by the code in the linked selector panels, so from above example you'd need to locate the player overview big selector panel xml file in the panels\player folder.

In that file you'll see code like this for each item you can select:

<widget file="player/player attribute analyser panel" id="paAn" class="client_object_viewer_xml_panel" late_loading="true">
    <translation id="title" translation_id="
334971" type="use" value="Attribute Analysis[COMMENT: player overview; title for a panel showing an attribute analyisis diagram]" />
  </widget>

The translation line controls what title text shows, however note that it is the translation_id not the text in the value bit that controls what actually displays.

For best results (especially if you are releasing a skin) you want to use a translation_id that matches the title text you want to display as this ensures the game will translate the text for you.

To find an id there are three main methods;

- Easiest is if you are copying over code from elsewhere it should already have a translation id so copy that with your code.

- You can also find it in the xml files in the properties fmf file which is a good place to also find widget ids.

- You can also open the example language file used for creating translations, which is found in the languages folder of your User Data Location - search for the text you want and the number next to it is the translation id.

If you are only changing the titles for your own use then the easiest method is to just change that line from a translation line to a string line so change the middle line to read:

<string id="title" value="INSERT TITLE HERE" />

And that will print your value text as the panel title.

Thanks a lot Michael. I am sorry if im kind of repeating the post from another thread but if I edit the xml and change the line for a string line and add FONT, SIZE and COLOUR, will it work? I am really struggling in editing the titles from different boxes.

I should have been more clear because the actual priority on the titles for my skin is the style of the title not the words.

I really appreciate the help!