[FM20] [FM19] The Great San Marino Challenge

San Marino Calcio 2033/34

Senior Team

Competitions

Overview    League Table

We were simply too good for anyone domestically this season and sealed a 2nd title in a row by 15 points from surprise runners up Frosinone. 

Our Champions League Group was a reasonable one and we managed to get to our first Semi Final before bowing out to Chelsea. A poor showing in the first leg saw us lose 3-0 and we could only manage a 1-0 win in the return leg. We try again next season.

We sealed the clubs 2nd TIM Cup in 3 years beating Lazio in the final. That being our first Domestic Double.

Playing Squad

Squad    Transfers    EOS Awards

We have signed young for basically the whole save and you will see we dont make many big transfers that often as I like to give players time to develop and alot of our side are now coming into their prime. We do need some back up youngsters but I want to try and start giving more time to our Sammarinese kids. We have a few in and around the first team but not enough. 

Reserves

League Table

I messed up this season and had 42 players out on loan come January and the reserves suffered for it, I am going to hold back 22 players this season to give them a full squad and hopefully avoid a relegation scrap this coming season.

Youth Production

Intake

Our worst intake for a couple years, noone I expect to make the first team. We havent really had any amazing intakes as a group. We have had 2 excellent players come through the academy though and 5/6 others who aint bad at all, below are my top 5 players we have produced so far.

A. Tomassoni 30a (AMC) - The best player produced and turned into a key man for the club side this season. He will be a star for the next 10 years at least. 

A. Protti 29a (AMR) - He would be our starting right winger but I am half holding him back to try and avoid Italy capping him who he prefers and I think I am fighting a losing battle. But I live in hope.

A. Vicini 32d (ST) -  Another player who would rather play for Italy but I dont think he will be good enough. Would help our national side out and is third choice st at the club at the moment.

A. Arzilli 27g (CB) - He stepped up as 4th choice Cb for the club last season as well as playing 30 games for the reserves in Serie B. Aint a bad CB but is a starter for the national side.

J. Stefanelli 28i (ST) - He is not very good and will never be good enough to play for the club sides first team, but he is the best ST the national team have and is the record goalscorer with 23 goals.

Finances and Facilities

Finances    Facilities

Bank balance is rising, just 15 more years til we can build a new stadium.

Other Stuff

The domestic league now has 10 Professional Clubs and only 5 Semi Pro. It is also up to 131 in the league rankings.

• Replies 903
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Another achievement @duesouth, winger Filippo Berardi has passed Andy Selva's 8 goal record after a brace in a thumping 4-1 win over Andorra.

920162277_Screenshot2020-04-17at08_37_42.thumb.png.5c042de90a52e61ece56d160301e0ef9.png

It's also looking well in the Nations League as a whole, 3 wins from 3 mean we need just a draw against Malta for promotion.

1930824884_Screenshot2020-04-17at08_40_50.thumb.png.a0899ed102622dbef5d9e5a26d701f5a.png

Always fancied giving this challenge a go, I decided to start with San Giovanni in the San Marino league as I thought they had the coolest team name.

Completed Season 1 - Lost in the quarter finals of the final stage league play offs, after finishing 3rd in Group A 1st Stage and 1st in in Group A 2nd Stage. I won the San Marino Cup - securing me European football in the 2nd season. With the national team I won my first competitive game beating Kazakhstan 3-1 - with Nicola Nanni scoring a perfect hat-trick, I also bet Estonia 3-0 in a friendly.

Achievements to be updated please @duesouth

National Team

Win a game, win a competitive game and have a player score a hat-trick in a game.

690510089_Screenshot2020-04-17at11_25_43.thumb.png.7b8110cc957f5289433ba36eea769cf5.png

Club Team

Qualify for Group 1 of the 2nd stage of the league season

Qualify for the Champions Playoffs (top 6 in Group 1, or 1st/2nd in Group 2

Win Group 1

Qualify for Europe

Win the San Marino Cup

599929014_Screenshot2020-04-17at11_30_33.thumb.png.770339449980397ce4af5d0a99b09bad.png

940330763_Screenshot2020-04-17at11_30_58.thumb.png.847618cdebe3526c84a759b0c704a588.png1722647713_Screenshot2020-04-17at11_31_44.thumb.png.829abea4aaf2544f197fddfa44ead573.png

Completed season 2 - I lost in the San Marino Super Cup Final, 4th in 1st Stage Group B, 1st in 2nd Stage Group A, won the Champions Play Offs, quarter finals in San Marino Cup. I won the Euro Cup best placed prelim. round, lost in the next round. Special mention has to go to my talisman striker Jonas Schmalbach who scored 41 goals in all competitions.

437769468_Screenshot2020-04-17at11_37_42.thumb.png.e2de0598aa28a420bfd6dc0dca3265a6.png1793176154_Screenshot2020-04-17at11_37_52.thumb.png.0cbad661c6f51a534d911ea89764a76e.png

In 2020 with the national team I managed to remain unbeaten the whole calendar year. My strategy of organising friendlies against countries 100-150 that I thought I could beat, paid dividends bringing our ranking up to 179th. I also won a world cup qualifier 3-0 against Estonia.

Achievements to be updated please: @duesouth

National Team

Get promoted from Nations League D

1637135593_Screenshot2020-04-17at11_24_43.thumb.png.6dbf6a317917a5c0aa997f5642430cae.png

Club Team

Win the Champion Play Offs

Win a European Qualifying Game

500021739_Screenshot2020-04-17at11_31_44.thumb.png.91e8d2047b1cab123ba51164e7048c82.png627216495_Screenshot2020-04-17at11_36_15.thumb.png.7c4312d64791df3842dfc02ad7e16410.png

15033e35eeb634581ceb361da6299e3c.png.c8569c2215da68bcf2cf1950e6413202.png

Cosmos FC

Season 20/21

After last seasons disappointment of losing in the play off and cup semi finals we were hoping for a better 2nd season. I signed quite a few new players, none that stand out though. The first stage went brilliantly, we went undefeated winning 4 and drawing 3 to finish top of our group. 

The second stage saw us hit a slump in form but we managed to regain it with January signings helping to finish 3rd and qualify for the play offs. In the cup we progressed to the semi finals again but Domagnano who always seem to beat us knocked us out. 

In the play off quarter final we were drawn against.. Domagnano. I dominated the game but they scored a late goal to beat us 1-0.

Another disappointing season but I know this save is a marathon not a sprint, hopefully we can progress next season.

San Marino National Team

World Ranking 183rd

Our Nations League Group D had us, Liechtenstein and Faroe Islands. I was surprised at how comfortable we overcame this group winning all 4 games meaning promotion to C Group next time around. Nicola Nanni was my top scorer with 5 goals, also a few defenders chipped in with goals too, Fabbri and Cevvoli.

In the second part of the season, the WC qualifying groups were drawn. Portugal (9th), Romania (32nd), Slovenia (56th), Israel (86th), Azerbaijan (139th)

So far we have lost narrowly to Azerbaijan 1-2 and Slovenia 1-3.

Nations League Group D Table          Slovenia 1-3

Achievements to update @duesouth - Promotion from Nations League D and Win group A of first stage in San Marino league First Stage winner

Cosmos FC

Season 21/22

Double Winners!!

Cosmo's FC go the whole season unbeaten! I released my whole team in the summer window and had a new approach to signing players which definitely helped. Instead of just using the player search, I went with DOF suggestions and also scouring over released players on 1st July from Serie A teams. We won 21 out of our 24 league matches and finally qualified for Europe at the 3rd attempt. The final play off game vs Juvenes Dogana was our toughest all season, we twice went behind but managed to overcome them in the end 3-2. We also defeated Domagnano (our bogey team) in the cup final. 

Unbeaten Season                    Cosmo's Squad         Double Winners                            Cosmo's 3-2 Juvenes Dogana                    Final League Table                 New Stadium planning started

Players of Note

Vitaioli, one of our San Marineese signings was our top scorer with 16 goals although he tapered off in the 2nd half of the year

Managed to sign Billy Mckay and Jason Puncheon in the January window, some players for this level.

Doumbia      McKay       Vitaioli           Puncheon

San Marino National Team

World Ranking 189th

Finished our WC Quals group, we finished last losing all 10 games. Portugal (9th), Romania (32nd), Slovenia (56th), Israel (86th), Azerbaijan (139th)

Not looking forward to our Nations League C group next season..

WC Quals Group

Achievements completed above:

Qualify for Champions Play off, Win Group 1, Qualify for Europe, Win the Champions Play offs, Win the cup, Win the double, go undefeated domestically @duesouth Thanks for your work on this thread.

Edited by nick91188

2031/2032 Season (FM19) - Part 2

San Marino Calcio

In the winter transfer window, we lost our holding midfielder, Simone Vespasiani, to Juve for £10 million (could rise to £12 million) - not bad business as we signed him for £2.5 million.  This did leave us with a gap at the position, so we signed Spanish youngster Ramiro Perez Garcia from Valencia for £1 million - he's more potential than current ability - but even though we were top at the half way stage, top players still don't want to sign for us.  January saw us become king of the 1-0 win - with 3 of them.  February was busy - with a cup semi final and also the Europa League knockout against Villarreal.  We rotated for both cups - and saw off Juve 3-2 away (with 2 late goals) and 2-1 at home - but showing how poor Serie A was in 2032, Villarreal beat us 2-1 in the home 1st leg - and then as we went for it in the second, 3-0 in the second.  Europe wasn't my focus though, so I wasn't bothered at all.

A strange fixture list saw us play just one game in the whole of March - and 4 in April - all wins and still top.

8 games were on tap in May - a packed schedule.  With Napoli still close to us, I knew it was going to be tight.  However, last year's champs fell away - and we didn't.  We were able to beat Napoli in the Italian Cup final - helped by a red card for their striker on 55 mins with the score 1-1.  However, it wasn't until the 90th minute when Garcia hit a shot from outside the area, the keeper spilled it, it hit our striker Sebastiano Zanfardino (a Napoli youth product) and went in for our first major trophy!  An ugly beautiful goal!

We won the next game away to Benevento 2-1 courtesy of an amazing overhead kick by our striker Alessandro Muggeri (goal of the save - let alone season) - and a day later when Napoli conceded an injury time equaliser and dropped 2 points - we had the title won with 3 games to spare.  Still undefeated in the league, we rather struggled in the last 3 - but drew all of them 1-1 after falling behind in each of them.  The double and an undefeated domestic season!  As you can see from the league table, it was a two team league and I suspect some of the big boys will spend big to make it harder next year.

1374359837_SerieATable20312032Part2.thumb.jpg.421699dcfbea90ddfad1b678133d3a55.jpg

2011446386_SanMarinoCalcioResults20312032Part2.thumb.jpg.7b7181287e6585cd53e32480d8068f62.jpg

Moving forward, I need to start developing young players - particularly Sammarinese ones - which might make it harder to win.  To help with this, I've got the board to agree to 2 affiliate clubs - Monza and Ravenna - and I might try to get another couple down the road.  Hopefully, this will bridge the gap between U18/U20 teams and the first team.

Youth Intake

One star player in the intake - but he's a central defender who is 5'10" with a jumping reach of 7 - not the first time such a player has come through.  He's dual nationality and already involved with Italy U20's.  I'm not quite sure what to do with him - I might say right back, but I have 2 good ones already...  There is other potential - but no one as ready to play right now.

1832341102_SanMarinoYouthIntake2032.thumb.jpg.2a3f70194e963faaad7beef97fdea3a4.jpg

San Giovanni

I would have predicted San Giovanni, not San Marino Calcio, to go undeafeated domestically - and certainly I want to do that for the achievement - so getting FM'd by a 4-1-4-1 didn't make me best pleased!  Outside of that, it was all very routine with another treble - both finals being pretty easy 2-0 wins.  We sold our backup left winger for £100,000 to Juvenes Dogana - not bad as I was going to let him go at the end of his contract!!

1439071470_SanGio2032Competitions.thumb.jpg.eb2b093e3e52c8c323fecf6d0d3f9e76.jpg

1763117565_SanGiovanniResults20312032Part2.thumb.jpg.ce411d3b2454645115c274d000c6f103.jpg

Youth Intake

I ended up signing all but 1 of this lot - a deep group, although only 2 or 3 with top potential.

1582750559_SanGiovanniYouthIntake2032.thumb.jpg.198742705b640f5a430229cd9baed978.jpg

image.png

Edited by duesouth

Cosmos FC

Season 22/23

Treble Winners

Started in the Champions League Preliminary rounds before progressing to the 1st and 2nd Qualifying rounds before going to the Euro cup and unfortunately losing in the play off round to Motherwell. I was 2-0 up from the 1st leg but lost the 2nd leg 4-0, my 2 goalkeepers left the day before the 2nd leg...nightmare. Ended up in Euro Cup 2 group but lost every game. 

Euro Quals                             Euro 2 Group  

In the league, we won the first stage without conceding a goal. Had a dip in form during 2nd stage but still finished top and won play offs. Also won the cup and super cup.   Board have agreed to turn professional, we have 4.7m in the bank and 2.9m to spend. Also building a new stadium which will be ready into over a year.

Treble Winners           Overall Best 11                New Stadium Plans

San Marino National Team

World Ranking 190th

Lost all my WC qual games and all nations league C games. Won a friendly vs Philippines. Nothing more to report from this season.

Edited by nick91188

San Marino 2034

Group Table    Results    Best 11

This year saw us compete in the Nations League C against Slovakia (46), Cyprus (106) and Lithuania (136). Even though all 3 are above us I fancied our chances against the 2 lower ranked sides and even thought we may have a chance against Slovakia. In the end we finished 2nd on goal difference but should have topped the group, a win against Lithuania in the 2nd from last game would have sealed promotion but we only managed a draw. Still we ended the year ranked 124th so have started to really jump the rankings, we are still a way off qualifying for a major tournament but we are certainly on the right track.

In the summer of 2035 is the Under 20s World Cup and we have been handed what looks a really straight forward Group. My initial aim was to just get out of the group stage and I am even more confident of doing so now.

San Marino Calcio 2034/35

Senior Team

Competitions

TIM Cup    Treble    Overview    League Table

We have had a fantastic season and almost completed a clean sweep if it wasnt for the loss to Lazio in the Supercoppa. We almost went a seasons worth of games  unbeaten including the back end of last season, hitting 32 games but lost to Juventus on matchday 25 and once the league was almost sealed, we was able to rest players the weekends before our Champions League games. To win our first Champions League is massive and we are the first "Italian" side to do so since the save started, actually since Inter  25 years ago (in game).

Playing Squad

Squad    EOS Awards    Transfers

They just keep getting better and better. Having lost Protti 29a to Italy on the International front, holding him back no longer made sense. I just wish we could have him play for the national side. Him and Tomassoni 30a have struck up a real partnership on the pitch and our 2 prize youth products were responsible for 35 goals and 34 assists between them this season, both aged 22, they can lead this club for years to come.

Reserves

Serie B

We have 1 player in this side now who either isnt Sammarinese or wasnt produced by the club and an 11th placed finish is nothing to be disappointed about.

Youth Production

Intake    Casadei 35a

Its our best intake for a while with 2 players who stand out. Casadei 35a is easily the best GK we have produced and could turn into a quality player. He has a few things to work on but he is 16 and can be worked with. The other promising player is sadly Spanish/Uruguayan so thats a shame. 

Facilities and Finances

Finances    Facilities

The balance is rising and we should have more than enough in the bank to fund a nice stadium one day. (14 years but I am not counting honest).

Other Stuff

800 Games

I reached 800 games this season and it wont be long  before we hit 1000. Not sure I have ever reached the 4 figure mark in a save so that will be a achievement in itself. Now we have won everything there is to win club wise (not overly bothered about the club world cup), we will be shifting our focus to youth production and start to slowly faze out any players who are not eligible for our national team or produced by ourselves. I dont plan on doing this instantly but more a slow process of only selling one of our foreign players as and when we have a youngster ready to step up and replace him. Initially I dont plan on making any further foreign signings as of this summer, we have a few already lined up but this is now only going to happen if are desperate in a position or for mentoring purposes as i am finding that can be used to good effect on this version of FM.

In the San Marino domestic division another 2 teams turned pro leaving only semi pro sides remaining. Looking at the teams history only 3 sides have upgraded any of the facilities so that is a big disappointment. I am tempted to throw them some money but suspect they will waste it on foreign talent instead of using it to good effect on the facilities.

Edited by Lewis89

Season 8 - 26/27

Overview - 77pts - 4th - +44 Goal Difference

Another successful season finishing 4th. I think last season was a bit of an aberration with many of the top dogs under preforming over the season. Also, the added Champions League games with our relative small squad was a challenge and led to a lot of costly draws. Overall, a great season. 

Estebane Gerard, signed last season, was a star and rightly got player of the year. Dominating in the centre of the park as a deep lying play maker.

The board have announced the start of a new stadium...which is exciting but I do think we will quickly out grow the 16k limit.

Next season, I am hoping for Top 2 and have a run through the Champions League. The Italian cup is on my radar as winnable after reaching the Semi Finals this go around. 

20200419201952_1.thumb.jpg.7a5d077606f29649c4c5f0d47c68af93.jpg20200419201627_1.thumb.jpg.5350bce462f7fbd88a7e3f3166645bb7.jpg20200419201920_1.thumb.jpg.f91df3ac21f6a9a930d11d93ed73b4e5.jpg

Transfers (Major Only) - Budget 15m

20200419202007_1.thumb.jpg.68582aae481fa61d9af5d7b969a845ce.jpg20200419202014_1.thumb.jpg.eb3423fede19da01a2cb44c06ce8a5e9.jpg20200419202022_1.thumb.jpg.78e2b1a82f70da657d06b083f096083a.jpg20200419202035_1.thumb.jpg.a7477880a099eb472107856249c35a1e.jpg

Ryan Curran (15m w/addons) - A Man City youth reject who brings the classic English Box-to-Box mentality to our midfield. Has been a quiet achiever in midfield. 

Amar Kebbabi (16.5m w/addons) - Has been a little hit and miss but is still very young and I think will be a huge provider of goals and assists in the next couple of seasons.

Jan Cermak (11.5m w/addons) - I have been chasing this guy since he was 16 at Sparta Prague. I honestly think I may have signed a David Silva-esque quality Attacking Midfielder. Could be worth 100m. Super excited. 

Marco Tilio (4.7m) - a regretful signing. Didn't play enough and didn't contribute all that much. Will be looking to move on soon. Disappointing. 

Youth

A better youth intake than the last. Marco Giardi is the stand out and could be a quality centre back. Fingers Crossed. 

20200418205506_1.thumb.jpg.9df62e77be142b82bdfbdb509ccb8a9e.jpg20200419121009_1.thumb.jpg.5cf7f0794c4ddfa05e9c29efb1e6ae8e.jpg

National Team - WR (196th)

Finally managed to bag the National Team job and got off to a decent start by beating Armenia in the Euro Playoffs. Proceeded to get spanked by Portugal 9-1. Then we managed a magical 2-0 win over Slovenia. We will inevitably be knocked out of the group but definite improvement. Mattia De Biagi is easily our best player and continues to start for me at C.C. San Marino. 

20200419204949_1.thumb.jpg.ae70bd99d179d403f99dc690ab573639.jpg20200419202106_1.thumb.jpg.76341af0ddcd74b00a74b93b0a35d8f4.jpg

Achievements @duesouth

National Team - Win a Game, Win a competitive game, 

C.C San Marino - Qualify for Europe

Edited by Jack Jemison

San Marino 2035

Group Table    Results     Best 11    100 Games

This year saw us competing in EURO 2036 Qualifiers. Our group was reasonable and with no real giant included, Norway (23) and Serbia (43) were always going to be tough games but I fancied our chances against Cyprus (114) and Albania (74). I thought we may be able to nick a shock spot, i was wrong. we beat Cyprus twice but couldnt pick up any wins elsewhere and got spanked by Norway in one  of our games. I was hoping for a better showing in all honesty but we have moved up to a save high of 112th and with the Nations League next year we may be able to finally break the top 100.

U19's World Cup 2035

Results

I mentioned in a previous post that we had been handed a easy looking group stage and easy was an understatement, we stormed through the Group Stage scoring 15 and conceding 0. 

We then faced the hosts Honduras and we saw them off easily 4-0

Into the QF and this is where w faced our first real challenge against Argentina, some of there players would walk into my first team. We battled away but eventually lost 2-1 AET

To get to the QF was a massive achievement but with alot of the team too old to play at this age in 2 years time I am not certain we will be back next time.

On 14/12/2019 at 19:24, duesouth said:

I've just received permission to publish the edited file on here.  This is the work of @FMRevolution and the source is the facebook group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/643019436087539/  - please do check this out!

Italy - 4062 clubs, 7 league levels (Serie A-D, Campionato Eccellenza and Promozione, Prima Categoria, Primavera 1,2,3)..fmf 345.3 kB · 9 downloads

Hey @duesouth. I wanted to restart this challenge, but it seems that the league with San Marino in it, don't generate any games. Can you please review this?

Thanks in advance.

38 minutes ago, Bartrcm said:

Hey @duesouth. I wanted to restart this challenge, but it seems that the league with San Marino in it, don't generate any games. Can you please review this?

Thanks in advance.

It might be worth checking their facebook group for a more up-to-date file - it could be the old one doesn't work with the current version of FM20.  It's not my file and I'm very limited in terms of editor skill I'm afraid...

2 hours ago, duesouth said:

It might be worth checking their facebook group for a more up-to-date file - it could be the old one doesn't work with the current version of FM20.  It's not my file and I'm very limited in terms of editor skill I'm afraid...

OK, thanks for the reply. Is the file on facebook also with San Marino in it?

15 hours ago, Bartrcm said:

OK, thanks for the reply. Is the file on facebook also with San Marino in it?

No, it's just a straight expansion - it has Cattolica SM, but the game defaults to mostly Italian youth products - so you would have to un-extinct San Marino Calcio (club id 829175) and replace Cattolica with that club in the pre-game editor - or you can add San Marino Calcio at L5, 6 or 7 depending on how low you want to start.

Cosmos FC

Season 23/24

Overall Best 11                     Won every game                    Euro Campaign                  Nanni

I won every game domestically to win the treble for the 2nd year in a row. Nanni scored 59 goals from 34 starts. In Europe I got to the Euro Cup 2 Group Stage again. Managed to finish 3rd but went out. Progress though. The aim for next season is to strengthen the squad further and progress further in Champions League. 

Achievements to updates @duesouth

Win a European Qualifying Game (either Europa League, Europa Conference League or Champions League)

Qualify for the group stage of the Europa Conference League:

National Team

Forgetting about them for now, lose every game. Next season I'll be back in Nations League D, might be able to beat them teams.

Potential Save Ending Bug

So we have come across a bug that could very well end the save, Serie A has failed to reschedule a new season. We ended last season (2035/36) as champions but over the summer the league hasnt reset and has just stalled from where we finished. Even stranger is The Champions League and TIM Cup have scheduled as normal. I am going to holiday a season in the hope its a one season bug but if that doesnt work, I am not sure what to do. I could go to a team in the domestic league but that will be 10 steps back from where we are.

EDIT: Having checked out the bugs forum for similar issues it appears that a game in the Serie C Play Offs has failed to generate a fixture, I am hoping that if i remove this league this coming summer, we can resume the save. Fingers crossed.

Edited by Lewis89

2032/2033 Season (FM19) - Part 1

San Marino Calcio

The off-season was busy, with some new signings - including a re-signing.  Back in 2026, Andrea Bugli was our top youth product, but a few days after he had scored his debut goal for the club in Serie C (I still remember it, even though it was before FM20 - odd as I can't remember what I did an hour ago most times!!), Parma, then in Serie B, came in with an offer - and off he went.  After that he went to Bari for £1.7 million - but as they went down last year, they put him on the transfer list.  I therefore stepped in with a £1.7 million offer and re-signed him.  We also signed a young Brazilian right winger to replace the guy we had on loan for 1.5 seasons - and a holding midfielder, who is better than the guy we signed in the winter window last season.  There were also signings at left back, central defender (two of them) and striker - all as backups, although one of them an 18 year old Slovenian, has moved into the first choice spot and looks like a future star.

Last year, I rotated just 2 or 3 times in the league - but this year I did more so - the idea being to try to qualify for the Champions League knockout stages.  Well, that didn't work, as we finished 3rd in our group again.  It was a tough group, but after Monaco started slowly - they woke up when we went to their place and we got stuffed 4-1 - and it could have been 10-0, they were so much better than us.  The rotation hurt our league form - we had too many draws - and just before the winter break, we lost for the first time in 1.5 years - to Lazio who are mid table.  But, we are still top.  In the Europa League, we have a tough draw against Lyon, but I'll prioritise it and see if we can do better than last year - but certainly I could use some luck with the draws in Europe, as so far they've been tough.

We've now got 3 affiliate clubs - one at Serie B, Serie C and Serie D.  I was hoping to add another in the San Marino League, but the board won't agree to another.  I've got 10 players out on loan 3 of whom are doing really well - while 3 have struggled to get playing time...

The winter window has seen a low bid for our central defender Anania - which I rejected and he's now unhappy.  Fortunately, I signed him to a new contract in the summer, so he'll have to get over it.  I'm on the look out for a new striker - but nothing so far...

1973052797_SerieATable20322033Part1.thumb.jpg.52a131cbacdc724691a42104a3b6f7c5.jpg

74766605_SanMarinoCalcioResults20322033Part1.thumb.jpg.f3b3361ca65803e88a448a554db4c0d8.jpg

San Giovanni

After almost making it to the Champions League group stage last year, hopes were high going into the European campaign.  Unfortunately, we stank!  We drew SJK of Finland in the CL 1st Qual - they were in the middle of their season, and that sharpness showed as they beat us 4-1 on aggregate - and we never looked like beating them.  We then drew Gorica (Slovenia) in the Europa League quals, who I thought we could beat - but we lost 3-2 on aggregate.  They had a man sent off 15 minutes from time in the second leg, but we just couldn't get the goal that would have sent us through.

This left me a bit deflated, and unsure whether to stick with San Giovanni.  I am keeping an eye out for the Faetano and Murata jobs - they are the lowest rep teams at the moment, but both managers are secure, so for now, we keep going with San Gio.  So far, we're undefeated domestically - we had too many draws early on, but have started to get rolling now.  I'm scouting a few different positions and thinking about attempting to upgrade at a few different positions, as at a certain age, players seem to go backward and performances drop.  As always, trying to get players to sign is tough - not even getting to offering them a contract, when our hefty bank balance might pursuade them!

1050424254_SanGiovanniResults20322033Part1.thumb.jpg.4c1e668d6a90aef1de9c89d406945d7e.jpg

And We Are Back

So after the issue mentioned in my last post, the save has been saved. I removed Serie C as a playable league and this has allowed the season to reset. So an update on whats been missed:

San Marino Calcio 2035/36

Another hugely successful year for us saw us claim our 4th league title in a row. We also won our 2nd Champions League in a row, we won the UEFA Super Cup, we won the SuperCoppa TIM but lost to Fiorentina in the SF of the TIM Cup. The reserves finished 11th in Serie B.

Our youth in take was pretty much what we have had for the whole save, 5 players at 2.5/3* potential so nobody special. 

San Marino Calcio 2036/37

I have holidayed this entire season due to the bug. 

A bug has meant there is no league football this season but the Champions League, TIM Cup, SuperCoppa TIM and UEFA Super Cup were unaffected. With no league football our only chance of qualifying for the Champions League was to win it for a third time in a row, we amazingly managed it, beating Fiorentina in the final. I am not sure how the Champions League is going to work out next season as with no league football this season, I dont now how the game will handle who qualifies for what, we should be fine as holders. In the TIM Cup we beat Fiorentina in the final, we beat Man Utd in the UEFA Super Cup and beat Frosinone in the SuperCoppa TIM to have as successful season as could be. We also compete in our first FIFA World Club Cup this summer but I i will put the results for that in the next update.

Our youth intake was poor and we basically lost them all as I was on holiday, luckily none were signed to anyone else and I have signed a couple more for depth. 

On another note whilst on holiday we were taken over by a new consortium, who immediately went and spent £248m on two players they had pledged to sign on completion of the takeover. Dont get me wrong, both are very good players but I had just started the policy of not signing anyone so this has annoyed me. We have also lost a year development wise but we have remained on track at least.

San Marino National Team 2036

Having been on holiday for the competitive matches I will keep this brief and pick back up from 2037 in a bit more depth. This year was a Nations League year with us competing in Div C against Cyprus (118), Romania (53) and Lithuania (135). We finished in 2nd place, picking up 2 wins, 3 draws and just 1 loss against Romania. The sides ranked around the top 50 are just proving to strong for us at the moment but we are on the verge on this changing. This was proven in our friendlies where we had a poor showing in a 3-1 loss to Iran, but then picked up a 1-1 draw with Jamaica before beating Honduras and Nigeria which is one of our best results of the save so far. We finished the year ranked in 106th so are still to break into the top 100.

Edited by Lewis89

Cosmos FC

Season 24/25

Finances        Overall Best 11      Champions League Group    Facilities        Cosmos 2-1 Man Utd

Shakhtar 1st Leg

We heavily strengthened in the summer with 12 new players to join our 19 man squad. Spend around 800k but a few came in on free and loans. Starting in the Champions League 1st Quals round for the first time we progressed easily to the 2nd round. Astana provided stiff opposition, we lost the 1st leg away but won at home and went through. The 3rd quals were easy but then we got Shakhtar in the Play off round. I thought that would be us out but our players had others idea. I couldn't believe it (Link above).

In our first group stage, we got Man United, Monaco and Hibernian. We managed to beat Man Utd in our first game 2-1 but it really should of been a hiding. We also won a home game with Hibs but lost the other 4. The Man Utd win provided crucial in finishing 3rd and qualifying for the Euro Cup 1st Knockout Round. We were paired with Hamburger but we were disappointing losing 4-0 on aggregate. 

Domestically we won every game, league, cup and super cup again. I tried to get Vacca to beat Nanni's 59 goals from last season but he got injured for a few games and only got 53.

Facilities are improving gradually and so is the bank balance. 

San Marino National Team

World Ranking 183rd

Back at our level in the Nations League Group D, we managed to get promoted again not that I'm looking forward to the C group. No players of note are through yet.

Nations League Group D Table

10 hours ago, Handyfernandy said:

Hi Everyone, please help me. i tried to download this file https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1916855633&searchtext=san+marino but the file  cannot be downloaded even though I have subscribed. 

I think this link might be to the same database:  https://drive.google.com/open?id=1y2Vxs9-K7dkXDU4ucZwRBLGKIhnYT91T

Not 100% sure, I have to admit - hard to keep track of all the different files this year!

2032/2033 Season (FM19) - Part 2

San Marino Calcio

This was an odd year.  In Serie A, things were pretty easy.  AC Milan fell away in the second half, but Inter were pushing us.  They were top, but we had 4 games in hand.  We went to their place late in the season - and won with a 91st minute winner from San Marino's own Andrea Bugli.  Inter never troubled us at the back.  Now, in the Europa League, we beat Lyon and then Athletico Madrid - tough games - but then drew Rosenborg.  We drew 0-0 away in the first leg - but the second leg they were 10 times better than Inter (or anyone else in Serie A) and we FM'd them to a degree to win 2-1.  The semi-final saw us draw Man U - and they stuffed us.  They only beat us 2-0 in the 2nd leg because they shut up shop for the first 70 minutes.  They were 100 times better than any team in Serie A - and we were miles away from them.  So, very odd that we've won Serie A 2 years in a row - but Europe still seems a long way away.  I've got a Spanish striker due to sign in the window - and am looking for a few others, although am mindful about bringing young players through, but I think that might be a 2+ years away...

As I've noticed a number of the dual internationals representing Italy U21/20/18, and Mirko Palazzi is still NT team manager, I will see if the job comes open after the European Championship qualifiers - if not, I might force it as I need to see if I can pursuade some of these to turn out for San Marino.

918749321_SerieATable20322033Part2.thumb.jpg.2cc07647e81ea6bca735a30d30739a63.jpg

285283522_SanMarinoCalcioResults20322033Part2.thumb.jpg.c35b1f96e36b479e89ea3c2da842329d.jpg

Youth Intake

A star in the making possibly - although he's dual and Italy U18 have already called him up.  I ended up signing all the Sammarinese kids with decent determination, as I figure I can develop them a bit better than if I let them go - I'm trying to get the board to allow me a 4th affiliate, with the plan to make that a San Marino League team to give lesser talents a chance to get noticed at that level.

2098758529_SanMarinoYouthIntake2033.thumb.jpg.3175be33ac98334bc52502fa6608c147.jpg

San Giovanni

After a poor European campaign, it was another successful domestic campaign.  There was that super annoying 1 loss (still not undefeated!), but outside of that we were very good.  To attempt to do better in Europe next year, 4 signings were made.  The big name was striker Matteo Montanari - he has 95 caps for San Marino and 28 goals.  Originally he came through as a new gen at Fiorentino - but was very quickly snapped up by Udinese.  At the point, I was managing the National Team, and he was a potential Serie A talent.  He didn't live up to those expectations, bouncing around on loan for 4 years, and then moving to Ravenna who got relegated from Serie B.  He was without a team and I'd been trying to sign him since the summer, but I finally managed to sign him in late January.  He started 10 games and scored 11 goals - too good for the level, but I won't complain!  We also signed a central defender, right winger and I'm using an AML/striker as a ML, and he's done well so far.  I've got a left back joining as soon as the window opens - we're paying £80k for him from a Norwegian club, so hopefully he pans out.

1875135567_SanGio2033Competitions.thumb.jpg.449d97b499ee40135275834272606e6a.jpg

1061350674_SanGiovanniResults20322033Part2.thumb.jpg.89e24ba1f744a3d60ee476bcb3b1b126.jpg

Youth Intake

Not as much depth as last year - but still some at the top of the list who are very good prospects.

339614442_SanGiovanniYouthIntake2033.thumb.jpg.f67980976c939709e1ef7db9b6576a75.jpg

1 hour ago, duesouth said:

2032/2033 Season (FM19) - Part 2

San Marino Calcio

This was an odd year.  In Serie A, things were pretty easy.  AC Milan fell away in the second half, but Inter were pushing us.  They were top, but we had 4 games in hand.  We went to their place late in the season - and won with a 91st minute winner from San Marino's own Andrea Bugli.  Inter never troubled us at the back.  Now, in the Europa League, we beat Lyon and then Athletico Madrid - tough games - but then drew Rosenborg.  We drew 0-0 away in the first leg - but the second leg they were 10 times better than Inter (or anyone else in Serie A) and we FM'd them to a degree to win 2-1.  The semi-final saw us draw Man U - and they stuffed us.  They only beat us 2-0 in the 2nd leg because they shut up shop for the first 70 minutes.  They were 100 times better than any team in Serie A - and we were miles away from them.  So, very odd that we've won Serie A 2 years in a row - but Europe still seems a long way away.  I've got a Spanish striker due to sign in the window - and am looking for a few others, although am mindful about bringing young players through, but I think that might be a 2+ years away...

As I've noticed a number of the dual internationals representing Italy U21/20/18, and Mirko Palazzi is still NT team manager, I will see if the job comes open after the European Championship qualifiers - if not, I might force it as I need to see if I can pursuade some of these to turn out for San Marino.

918749321_SerieATable20322033Part2.thumb.jpg.2cc07647e81ea6bca735a30d30739a63.jpg

285283522_SanMarinoCalcioResults20322033Part2.thumb.jpg.c35b1f96e36b479e89ea3c2da842329d.jpg

Youth Intake

A star in the making possibly - although he's dual and Italy U18 have already called him up.  I ended up signing all the Sammarinese kids with decent determination, as I figure I can develop them a bit better than if I let them go - I'm trying to get the board to allow me a 4th affiliate, with the plan to make that a San Marino League team to give lesser talents a chance to get noticed at that level.

2098758529_SanMarinoYouthIntake2033.thumb.jpg.3175be33ac98334bc52502fa6608c147.jpg

San Giovanni

After a poor European campaign, it was another successful domestic campaign.  There was that super annoying 1 loss (still not undefeated!), but outside of that we were very good.  To attempt to do better in Europe next year, 4 signings were made.  The big name was striker Matteo Montanari - he has 95 caps for San Marino and 28 goals.  Originally he came through as a new gen at Fiorentino - but was very quickly snapped up by Udinese.  At the point, I was managing the National Team, and he was a potential Serie A talent.  He didn't live up to those expectations, bouncing around on loan for 4 years, and then moving to Ravenna who got relegated from Serie B.  He was without a team and I'd been trying to sign him since the summer, but I finally managed to sign him in late January.  He started 10 games and scored 11 goals - too good for the level, but I won't complain!  We also signed a central defender, right winger and I'm using an AML/striker as a ML, and he's done well so far.  I've got a left back joining as soon as the window opens - we're paying £80k for him from a Norwegian club, so hopefully he pans out.

1875135567_SanGio2033Competitions.thumb.jpg.449d97b499ee40135275834272606e6a.jpg

1061350674_SanGiovanniResults20322033Part2.thumb.jpg.89e24ba1f744a3d60ee476bcb3b1b126.jpg

Youth Intake

Not as much depth as last year - but still some at the top of the list who are very good prospects.

339614442_SanGiovanniYouthIntake2033.thumb.jpg.f67980976c939709e1ef7db9b6576a75.jpg

I hate Domagnano, I think they ended my 64 game winning run last season

Cosmos FC

Season 25/26

We dominated domestically again winning everything but our 64 wins in a row in the league was ended by Domagnano who had a 93rd minute winner after I went down to 10 men. However we did have our highest ever win. 16-1 with 8 different scorers and 10-0 at half time. >>   16-1   <<   

In the Champions League we qualified for the group stage again but had a group of death! Arsenal, Bayern, Atletico. We managed to beat Atletico but lost the rest and went out. 

Our facilities are slowly getting better each year, it's just a case of waiting until they reach the top level in hopefully the next 5 years.

San Marino National Team

World Ranking 176th

We managed to finish 2nd bottom of our World Cup Quals group which I thought was good but the national FA were disappointed with the other results.

Group                     Marco Macina - Good player who came through at Sampdoria.

Overall Progress so far.

1.thumb.jpg.4fbf95a05c8a5d9e34c2839f7cbb3788.jpg

Season 9 - 27/28

Overview - 81pts - 3rd - +47 Goal Difference

Overall. I would say this season is a crash down to earth and a true reflection of where we lie in the Serie A. A top 6 team but not a title winner. Yet. 

In saying that, it went down to the final day where we had to beat AC Milan (who we drew with) and need Juventus lose. Juve won and they won the title. Go again

The run in the Italian Cup was disappointing where we were knocked out by Sassuolo in the Quarter Finals. We had much more success in the Champions League where we went all the way up to the Semi-Finals and lost to Real Madrid. No surprises there.

Once again, Estebane Gerard gets player of the season. A little strange to me but who can argue with the fans.

20200430212438_1.thumb.jpg.f9ac7035761e6ea8141770b6aa8d3016.jpg20200428224916_1.thumb.jpg.4ba46e211d13fbd5240a392e604d7317.jpg20200430212905_1.thumb.jpg.c756e3bad9b485e2364f23c8026e88ab.jpg

Transfers (Major Only) - Budget 18m

Igor Djalo - 25.5m (w/addons) - A desperate addition at Left Back. Starts a trend of beefing the back line. He struggled to get going, the worst player in a good performing team.

Evgney Fomin - 17m (w/addons) - A cheap and dirty addition at Centre Back. We have some young talent coming through and I expect he will be pushed out soon.

Ruben - 2.8m (w/Addons) - An absolute bargain from Korean football of all placed. Quality at right back all season.

20200430212614_1.thumb.jpg.d1f347293a0a539727baae01d9c435a7.jpg20200430212628_1.thumb.jpg.3a3ccd9532268ded9046efe5a4488316.jpg20200430212636_1.thumb.jpg.bd437abd51a7703f565ce76b3a6daa78.jpg

Youth

Well, I think we got ourselves our first true wonderkid. Exciting times. Fillipo Casali looks the real deal. Got two real good Sammarese centre backs coming through.

20200425201636_1.thumb.jpg.2c39cc6329d1b8b73934c46122f01104.jpg20200426210849_1.thumb.jpg.cc1476ba6916a25e4ae4db3ef55950a9.jpg20200430213554_1.thumb.jpg.ecbea185337bf72211f8f4fddb2ce668.jpg

National Team -  Going to do these updates separately as a year to year rather than season to season. 

2033/2034 Season (FM19) - Part 1

San Giovanni European Adventure!

The Champions League qualifying campaign for San Giovanni started with an easy draw - Valletta of Malta.  We won 4-1 in the first leg, and rotated for the second leg which we lost - but went through 4-2 overall.  Next up was SJK of Finland - the team who had rather easily beaten us last year.  My tactics last year were to regroup and defend with a low block - but remembering their short, patient passing game picking us apart, I went with a higher line and counter-pressed.  In the first leg we went 2-0 up and looked like we were going to win the game, but they scored in the 91st and 93rd minutes - both from set piece goals :mad:.  The second leg was much the same - we scored 3 times in the first half, 2 from the main man striker Matteo Montanari, but they pegged us back with goals in the 55th and 73rd minutes.  Thankfully we hung on to get revenge!

The draw for the next round was tough - and I thought RB Salzburg, Austria, would be too much for us.  However, going back to a regroup/low block, we took the lead from a direct free kick inthe 14th minute - and kept a clean sheet.  It was all pretty comfortable.  The second leg was the same, and a goal for us in the 53rd minute from that man again Montanari, meant they needed 2 and they never looked like getting a thing.

So, that put us into the final playoff for the second time in the save.  The draw wasn't easy, but then it was unlikely to be anything but - Anderlecht.  Looking at their scouting report, they played the same short/patient passing game as SJK - so I gambled and set up to counter-press with a high line.  That high line cost us a goal in the 29th minute, as they played a ball in behind our right back and they put it away.  But then 4 minutes after the break a long punt from our right back was put away superbly by Montanari - a first time volley of a pass dropping in over his shoulder - a fantastic goal!  It got better in the 65th minute - as their central defender had a nightmare, and DLF Mastrangelo picked his pocket and crossed for a much easier goal for - guess who? - yup, Montanari for 2-1!  We held on for the best win of the save so far for the club.

That meant a second leg with the chance to qualify for the group stages of the Champions League - no pressure then.  I kept the same pressing tactics as the first leg and we were doing OK, but did ship one in the 29th minute to make it even more nervy every time they attacked.  The second half had more action though.  It started well with Mastrangelo scoring a superb scissor kick volley - another cracking goal!  But they came back on 68 minutes with a penalty - a rather needless challenge by our centre half and a cooly put away penalty.

That left the score 2-1 on the night and 3-3 overall - all square, with both teams having 2 away goals.  With 10 minutes to go, I saw a lot of the boys were flagging - and I didn't think we would win in extra time.  So, I gambled.  Both FB's went on attack, my winger and inverted winger ahead the same - and mentality set to attacking.  In the 88th minute we had a throw by their corner flag.  A cross was cleared, but our DM picked up the ball, played it to our right back Matteo Fiorini (best youth product of the 2030 class - and already 12 San Marino caps at the age of 19) who smashed in a low shot to put us ahead!!  4 long minutes of injury time went on for an age - but we held on pretty comfortably to qualify for the Champions League Group Stage!!

Our reward?  Spurs, PSG and FCP of Portugal.  No chance.  But, what a ride!

Matteo Montanari - 7 games, 6 goals and a 7.41 average rating - glad I kept trying to sign him now as he's taken us to the next level!

1559972483_SanGiovanni2033Europe.thumb.jpg.45c557cbf6274490aa1fb162808c8fff.jpg

745426665_CLGroups2033.thumb.jpg.67a5e02fe5bc7a229e37997a485f1b47.jpg

San Marino 2037

Group Table    Results   Nation     Squad

This year saw us competing in qualifiers for the 2038 World Cup. We was given a tough draw with England(2), Turkey(17), Albania(71) and Slovakia(76) all ranked higher than ourselves at 106th. We started with a great win over Slovakia. Our next fixtures were a double header against Albania and we went into the games hoping to pick up a win at least but drew both games. We have played them 5 times over the save, with all 5 games ending in stalemates. Next up was England and I expected a loss but we managed to pull off by far our biggest result ever, a backs to the wall 1-0 win meant we were unbeaten and sitting just a point behind Turkey at the half way stage. With 3 of our remaining 4 games against the best 2 sides in the group it was in our hands but we lost all 3 key games and even a win against Slovakia wasnt enough for us to finish in the top 2. Still we are progressing well and our performances have finally seen us break into the Top 100 in the FIFA Rankings and I fancy us to have a good chance of qualifying for a major finals in the next few years. 

San Marino Calcio 2037/38

Senior Team

Competitions

Overview    Serie A

Another solid season where we swept up domestically, this being our 5th league title in a row. The Champions League didnt go so well though, champions for the last 3 seasons, we got spanked by Liverpool in the QF, going out 4-0 over the 2 legs. We also played in the 2037 FIFA Club World Cup losing to Totenham in the QF, and it looks as though the English sides will be challenging our continental dominance for the next few seasons.

Playing Squad

Squad 1    Squad 2     Transfers

We are implementing a youth only policy, the transfers were for players not signed from the 2037 Intake by my HOYD whilst on holiday during that buggy season. I promoted 11 youngsters to the first team squad in the summer for mentoring reasons etc, and a few have came on well due to this. Mentoring seems to be alot more effective than FM19 and this is working well with players with bad personalities, I may start trying to track these changes somehow. We have finally fielded a fully HG side, already through in the Champions League group stage, our final fixture was against PSV and the boys done us proud with a thumping 4-1 victory. Some of our senior players are coming to their later years now, and this will allow more opportunities for the youngsters to gain valuable playing time in the senior team. I am hoping that going out early in the Champions League will lower the boards expectations for next season, meaning there is less pressure on the result.

We also had our first youth product win the Serie A Player Of The Year AwardAndrea Protti 29a is a special little player, just a shame he chose Italy over San Marino. He will regret it one day.

Reserves

Squad    Serie B

Another decent season from the reserves saw them finish in 11th place. We had 2 stand out players Aragon 35b came 2nd in the race for top scorer, netting 16 goals. Whilst Chris Barry 35j finished with a league high average rating of 7.43 and bagged most most of the matches with 8. Its a shame neither can play for the national side. 

Youth Production

Intake

Nothing amazing as per usual. We do have a CM who looks massively underrated and that is a position we are lacking players in for the national side so that is a big plus.

Finances and Facilities

Finances    Facilities

11 years until we can build a new stadium, we should have more than enough to pay for a mega arena with no need of a loan by then.

Other Stuff

The San Marino domestic league is now ranked 117th in Europe which is above the Welsh Premier Division, that is really good progress. I know the Welsh league is nothing special but its a good sign. Every team is now Professional, and 4 teams have built and moved into New Stadiums and a further 3 teams looking for sites to build on. My biggest worry is none of the sides seem too bothered about developing youth players. Looking over each clubs facilities history, there has only been about 10 upgrades. Pennarossa Calcio are responsible for nearly half of the mentioned upgrades and have the current best facilities. However, San Giovanni, our affiliate club are the dominant force having won of the last Titles. They have actually qualified for the group stages of the UEFA Europa Conference League in the 2036/37 season but failed to get out the group. This season they failed to even qualify for the group stages. 

Edited by Lewis89

2033/2034 Season (FM19) - Part 2

San Marino Calcio

We started off a little slowly - 1 win, 1 draw and 1 bad loss - but then had a much better run.  This included winning 5 straight games in the Champions League to see us win a much easier group than the last 2 years.  We played young players for the final game, away to Monaco, and lost, but the experience will do the young players the world of good.

In the league, after a down year last season, Napoli are back - they've only lost 1 game so far this year, and were too good for us at their place, beating us pretty comfortably 3-1.  They have a game in hand and we trail them by 2 points - the way they are going, it might be tough to catch them, but we do play them again of course - and at San Marino Stadium, so we'll see.

In the Champions League knockout - we have drawn Spurs, who are top of the Prem (so much for an easier draw when you finish top of your group!), so not sure how that will go!

The vultures are again circling for the winter transfer window - I suspect we'll do well to keep everyone, and if we do keep everyone happy!  Our DM is interesting Chelsea - he's 28 and his value is £38 million - but he's not that good, so if an offer comes in for him, I might say "Yes" - but we don't have any young players at the position unfortunately, so we'd need to buy a replacement...  With the facilities improving since we arrived in Serie A, hopefully we'll get better youth classes and I can replace anyone I sell with home grown players - but I'm still waiting for that consistent production line...

59606160_SanMarinoCalcioResults20332034Part1.thumb.jpg.7ee9fed229bdd9c84064b0a214eedf2d.jpg

1288623910_SerieATable20332034Part1.thumb.jpg.5a87a89d542d7dda088a08fb47741311.jpg

San Giovanni

Sub Title: Be Careful What you Wish For!

After the joy of making it to the Champions League group stage, we had to play the games - and PSG and Spurs stuffed us good and proper - as expected.  We did manage a goal at home to Spurs at least!  We drew at home against FCP - and as they struggled against PSG and Spurs too, we went into the last game needing to beat them at their place to finish 3rd.  We went 1-0 down - but came back to 1-1 after 53 minutes.  We threw the kitchen sink at them, but despite out shooting them, we drew and finished bottom.  We managed 2 records - 1 bad (the most goals conceded in the group stages!) and 1 very cool (the youngest ever CL goal scorer - Y 2033b Mattia Zonzini scoring a penalty late at home against FCP to equalise).

In the league, any hopes for an unbeaten season were lost in game 1 - we went down to 10 men after 14 minutes of the season opener (one of those the ME gives you that doesn't look like a foul, let alone a red card!) and lost 2-1.  But since then, we've gone undefeated.  The pressure is on to win the Champions Playoffs again to have another crack at the Champions League qualifiers!  We now have £18 million in the bank - with youth, training and data facilities upgrades ongoing.

1118803858_SanGiovanniResults20332034Part1.thumb.jpg.1e32221be4009b59d4d6609f8dc445f5.jpg

National Team

I was hoping the National Team job would come open naturally, and it did indeed - with Mirko Palazzi resigning after 6 years in the job - and finishing 4th in their World Cup qualifiers group - including a 0-0 draw away to Italy!  Palazzi has 3 offers to manage Serie C clubs.  No sooner had he walked out of the door, my San Marino Calcio self applied for the job - and got it - so I'm back for my second spell in charge.  Nothing to do until 2 friendlies in March - and then Nations League.  I did try to get a couple of dual nationality players to play for San Marino - but they are happy to stay in the Italian system for now.  Hopefully they won't crack the full squad and see the light (?!) at some point!  One of them is our young left back, who is on loan at Torino and now showing up as a "Serie A talent", so one who is going in the right direction - I just need him to pick San Marino now...

Palazzi.thumb.jpg.d9b1d7a5c86cf6c6581cb3eba3b9fcbd.jpg

Edited by duesouth

Season 2028 - World Ranking 157th
Won the Nation's League Group D. Unbeaten against Faroe Islands, Latvia, Andorra. Things are looking up, our World Cup Qualification draw is Tricky with Spain, Belarus, Romania and Andorra. There is little to no chance of going top but I think a 2nd or 3rd is a decent goal. Fingers crossed. 

20200503002705_1.thumb.jpg.002b20d989f03f4715fd7476b2b78c72.jpg20200503002717_1.thumb.jpg.e347bb899b0a5aab7c00f2806947a471.jpg20200506193728_1.thumb.jpg.6e2f015bd7a8a7d3a496fc753ad12ae6.jpg

In terms of the team, our notable players are definitely coming out of the club side. Club captain Matteo De Biagi who came out of my first ever Youth Intake has been unreal on the left wing.  Forcelinni is a little unfortunate to be stuck up top when he is a natural left winger. Mirko Giardi, in a few seasons, I think will be our rock at the back. With a few extra pieces in midfield and up front, we could be a surprise package.  

20200506193639_1.thumb.jpg.067f242c611b011ad62bf948d7db1343.jpg20200506193645_1.thumb.jpg.0d2ec03b081f093cbead3526aacf0ad7.jpg20200506193655_1.thumb.jpg.e47f20bc1c50325b6ebaaea4bf44494a.jpg

Stats wise. Berardi and Di Biagi are dominating the goals but nothing else of note so far. 

20200503002800_1.thumb.jpg.c061a5612a1177ceb622c8c9f91d6792.jpg

Achievements - @duesouth

Andy Selva's record is long gone. 

Berardi scored a hat-trick against Faroe Islands. (report below)

Win Nations League Grp D

20200506194955_1.thumb.jpg.31ebb1a4451de14340202cef3b28926a.jpg

@Jack Jemison That Andy Selva one is one for early in the save - I've added 3 more for down the road:

Have a player score 50 international goals

Have a player score 100 international goals

Have a new gen reach 100 caps (I've got this guy from my first youth class):

Gatti.thumb.jpg.1bdf77d87af97722735c67cd99a97833.jpg

The 100 goals will need someone special from day one!

I don't know whether this is wanted in this forum, but it's all part of the same challenge, just displayed differently.

Extract From ‘Callum Danks: The San Marino Story’

Chapter 6

After my dramatic resignation from Wilkinson Holdings I found myself at a loose end with no real direction in my career. The only thing I found myself doing was help coach the local Sunday League team and was pondering my next step whilst on holiday in San Marino in 2016, me and my wife visited the Stadio Olympico, as an avid football fan, I’d earmarked this as somewhere to visit for a laugh, and went round to the office to see if we could go inside. I saw on the noticeboard they were advertising for a coach, and it immediately piqued my interest, and by the end of the holiday I had applied. I got a phone call the Sunday after I got home and I couldn’t believe the news, they wanted me to go out there and do a training session, even better, they needed a coach for San Marino Calcio and the national team. I went out and I got the job, changing my life forever.

I had a great few years coaching the boys, with Franco Varella really helping me hone my skills, meaning it was a shock when Calcio dissolved and formed a new club before the 19/20 season, alongside Franco being sacked. It was a tough job, and Franco didn’t do that badly considering the expectations, nevertheless, there were two vacancies, and my name was being thrown in the mix. I was unsure at first, and merely wanted to consolidate my job as a coach but when Marussia Giannini, the chairman of the newly formed Cattolica Calcio San Marino approached me and said they wanted me as manager, my heart leapt. I instantly agreed, having fallen in love with the small country, and wanted to do the country proud at the high standard of football that Serie D was.

It was on the 7th June that Franco was sacked, just after our 5-0 defeat against Scotland, and the speculation was there about me getting the job just the day after, as on the same day Franco had got sacked I had signed my first contract as a manager. There were no obvious choices for the role, as with me being the only coach remotely interested in managing, and there being no manager form Calcio to sign, I suddenly became a front runner for the job. I won’t bore you with the negotiations but, on the 10th June, the day of our game against Kazakhstan, I got the job.

It was a hectic first day, having to tell the team my plan over video-link to their dressing room in Nursultan, with Google Translate reading out my tactical instructions (I hadn’t really tried to learn much Italian before then, generally working as a tactical coach for Franco who spoke English). I do remember it well however and, watching from my apartment back in San Marino, saw the boys battle to a valiant 1-0 defeat. However that would be one of the best results in that first season in charge, one that would be so different to the future World Cup glory that awaited me.

Authors Note: I have so far played one season of this save, and will not be finishing writing this (if I don’t get lazy) until I win the World Cup and complete the challenge. I will provide screenshots when I actually have a season’s worth of games to talk about, which I will in the next extract from ‘my autobiography’.

Been restarting this challenge with C. C. San Marino.

We are right now in Serie B - but this season we will go down in Serie C again. Had to cut some wages - and hoping for some good intakes soon, so we can replace them.

Nothing good yet form intake.

.2024.thumb.PNG.c7cf27bd459001ae9697225e8c77068d.PNG

We got a nice HoY! :D

HoY.thumb.PNG.de1faee49ebd2ec1e461bfdc1a5289f1.PNG

Best players on NT.

1281220275_Simoncini-2024.thumb.PNG.8faf5bc1578ac527c91a2c7568bcee32.PNG

826508827_Bamonte-2024.thumb.PNG.dea42df68d0f12548d0cbd95417734f0.PNG

We are 193 on world ranking...

Edited by FoxGe1994

2033/2034 Season (FM19) - Part 3

San Marino Calcio

My focus was the Champions League this year - yet despite rotating a bunch in Serie A, the league form was still strong.  We did come unstuck some near the end of the year, when a ridiculously packed fixture list meant we had to play U20/U18's at times.  We managed to seal the title with 2 games to spare though - and then play 100% youngsters in the last 2 games (both losses).

In the Champions League, we beat Spurs to kick off the knockout stages.  We won 1-0 at their place in the first leg - a typically cagey first leg - and then a wild second leg, which we won 3-2.  Next up were Real Madrid, so it didn't get any easier.  We were 2-1 up - but they were starting to cause us problems.  I was just about to make tactical changes, when their central defender got a second yellow and they were down to 10 men.  I did make tactical changes - but to go for it - and we ended up winning 5-1!  The second leg I rotated - and almost regretted it, as we lost 3-0 - but we hung on for a 5-4 aggregate win!  That gave us Man City in the semi - and away from home we got 2 away goals in a wild 2-2 draw. That proved important as the second leg was 1-1 and we were through to the final on away goals.  That gave us Man U in the final - who stuffed us last year in the Europa League.  This year though we had our two big summer signings - keeper De Luca and striker Saenz - and it was Saenz who was the hero with 2 goals - we actually scored twice right before the half to make it 3-0 at the break - they got one back, but De Luca made two world class saves to stop it getting too nerve wracking.  So, we won the Champions League!

We also added the Italian Cup - we went to penalties against Inter, but won in sudden death on the 7th penalty.  I could have done without the extra time as the boys were running on fumes in a busy period - but a trophy is a trophy!

With about everything in the trophy cabinet, it might be time to really focus on bringing young players through.  The success and money is good for the club - but young Sammarinese players do need to play.  Right now, we have 2 first team regulars - star striker Andrea Bugli (Y2026a - 14 goals on the season despite missing 2 months with injury - valued at £47.5 million!) and centre midfielder Thomas Broccoli (Y2029b - he had a top Champions League campaign with 4 goals and 4 assists at 7.59 avg rating - although not as good in Serie A - valued at £8.25 million).

Coming up through the ranks, I have a right winger (Italian) and left back (dual, but playing for Italy U21) who was out at Torino on loan and did really well.  I've got younger dual keeper and striker, but both won't play for San Marino - so still a long way to go.  I did give a game in the Champions League to a 15 year old right back - we had an injury to our starter, and so he got a game as I had no one else available - and he became the youngest player in Champions League history - he's dual, but not a top prospect, so perhaps will rock up for San Marino.

950941370_SanMarino2034Competitions.thumb.jpg.34d4eac1277601b88d5272f26fcd9ba1.jpg

895723046_SanMarinoCalcioResults20332034Part2.thumb.jpg.3b5c0ccde030ae3291c2156856e47789.jpg

1485861365_YoungestPlayer.thumb.jpg.79989b68e76f324d611a541a753dfc52.jpg

Youth Intake

In a word - garbage, outside of a promising keeper.

2020358658_SanMarinoYouthIntake2034.thumb.jpg.86c3cbd9b8e726ccfce6ca0b27ac9ae2.jpg

San Giovanni

Another pretty routine treble.  Indeed, the Champions Playoff final was a dead easy 4-0 win.  The San Marino Cup was only 2-1 - but we were in control outside of the last few minutes when they pulled one back.  The 2033 intake had 2 good strikers and a right winger - they have been mostly in the U19's this season so they get the advantage of the training there (heavier and more technical schedules than the first team, which have a fair bit of match prep) - but they can get some first team time in 2034/35.  It's much easier with San Giovanni to play youngsters and win (and I haven't seen one who has turn down playing for San Marino), so it's very much a production line and does help the national team in a way more than San Marino Calcio.

1086571978_SanGio2034Competitions.thumb.jpg.c902399a66446554ae4c41272c79bd68.jpg

1183950641_SanGiovanniResults20332034Part2.thumb.jpg.9c77531952d39a9355baf84f1b23a9c4.jpg

Youth Intake

Also garbage - the worst one in a while...

1318466651_SanGiovanniYouthIntake2034.thumb.jpg.94715585818bc2461d706b24028acdc8.jpg

National Team

Just 2 friendlies - a 3-1 win against Cyprus and a 3-0 win against Afganistan, which put us into the top 150.  Nations League Div D starts in September - and I'm hoping to get promoted - hopefully that will encourage 1 or 2 to think about San Marino and not Italy.  The squad is very weak on both wings - but we have 3 good strikers and 2 central midfielders to build around, plus 31 year-old stalwart central defender Gatti (youth 2019a - now in Serie B, but on his way back to Serie A, as Crotone won Serie B).

148980639_SanMarinoTop150.thumb.jpg.6a9510d61a5c4d7627422a94c09ec8ed.jpg

Season 10 - 28/29

Overview - 92pts - Champions - +71 Goal Difference

10 Years to become Champions of Italy is not a bad effort. We've been knocking on the door for the past two seasons but in the end we won it fairly comfortably with a game to spare. I've really made an effort to assemble a deep squad with plenty of youth which paid dividends with Iván Restrepo being a superb replacement for 2 time fans player of year Esteban Girard who was out injured for most of the season. Restrepo won all the club awards and Serie A player of the year. Once again, we made it to the Semi-Finals of the Italian Cup before being dumped out by Inter. Meanwhile in the Champions League, Liverpool were, hands above, too good for us and that is the next benchmark for us to reach. With a sizeable Transfer kitty of $50m next season, I'm looking to add a few quality pieces to the puzzle and make the jump to European contenders. 

20200505223327_1.thumb.jpg.3443cacbbff6fcc5365538b7fc5e9c40.jpg20200506201516_1.thumb.jpg.261809f8894d56db1c64c4b30f078242.jpg20200506201838_1.thumb.jpg.cc5ca4803f3222e3d86615e5b6c21b3e.jpg20200506201912_1.thumb.jpg.0dbea90040718dcefea48185d54ea165.jpg20200506204244_1.thumb.jpg.508f5fed09622541951866982a178c00.jpg

Transfers (Major Only) - Budget $26m

In

Matias Gomez ($22m) - A goalkeeper to replace our long-time stalwart Arnau Tenas. Had to loan back out to Benfica because he went over our quota of non-euro players. Will be the starting goalkeeper next season. 

Javi Martinez (30.5m) - A replacement at attacking midfield. It's sad that I had to buy him at all. But we had a major transfer out and needs must.

20200509091751_1.thumb.jpg.50bf95abd45840cf17f204dd233efb01.jpg20200509091803_1.thumb.jpg.4525aaaf88570d076dbcc8e7b9fd8140.jpg

Out

Jan Cermak ($80m) - So Chelsea me his release clause and took our best player. Could be a Ballon D'or winner in the future. Sad, but just one of those things. Couldn't afford his $300k a week wages that he wanted.

20200509092303_1.thumb.jpg.91d09bea7f7dd2107f90b6e8195512f0.jpg

Youth

We had a garbage intake. Will look to develop them as best as I can maybe get a National Team squad player out of it. Maybe,,,

20200502230128_1.thumb.jpg.32d054ba046f8a549f8ebf72ca7cabc6.jpg20200509092635_1.thumb.jpg.03a17685a51f089e5d084d50bdf795f3.jpg

Other Notes -  

The U20s won the title....to be expected, I've got some great young players coming through after buying up cheap rejects. 

Has anyone seen 22 rated stats on their Manager? Apparently, my level of discipline is God level....fun stuff.

20200506200407_1.thumb.jpg.4f01c7f38cd7f636d5e3d51fca510f76.jpg20200506201758_1.thumb.jpg.77d0e3fc2351115f584a40dcd105c465.jpg

Achievements @duesouth

Win the Serie A! 

Quick one from me on a couple of National Team achievements - not only a hat-trick from Andrea Bugli (youth 2026a) - but a double hat-trick as everything he touched turned to gold!!  That pushed him ahead of current San Giovanni veteran striker Matteo Montanari for record goalscorer for the country - and he's still only 24 years old!

1873489527_Bugli6goals.thumb.jpg.b7d2615fc5537c88ba1fbec91ce7cc90.jpg

773352023_BugliRecordGoalscorer.thumb.jpg.c586a54875a87215d3e67d160bb3fed4.jpg

Hello all, long time no see. Here's my latest post and I have some tasty regens in the squad now!

We've got 1000-1 odds of winning the title and a shoestring budget at this level but can we survive in Serie A? See how C.C San Marino got on in the first half of the 2025/6 season!

https://stratmangaming.wordpress.com/2020/05/11/a-serene-rebirth-12-top-flight-debut/

2034/2035 Season (FM19) - Part 1

San Marino Calcio

It's been smooth sailing for San Marino Calcio.  We're a top side now and it's been easy so far.  Giving youth a chance is going to be a slow process - as too much and we'll drop points, players will be unhappy they aren't playing and if I get it really wrong, perhaps I'll get fired.  Right now not many are ready for the first team - perhaps one left back.  He's a dual national - so I'm not sure whether to hold him back a little so he doesn't get picked for Italy's senior team, or just play him to make sure he develops.  I would have sent him out on loan, but he rejected 2 moves.  Not quite sure what to do with the dual nationals it has to be said...  I'm certainly going to let some current senior squad players go when their contracts are up and hopefully we can have a good youth class this year, so I can start to replace them.

1694638477_SanMarinoCalcioResults20342035Part1.thumb.jpg.648c9745b86038675cd838c67f2a07d5.jpg

829288365_SerieATable20342035Part1.thumb.jpg.8ec40d64076dd720b432397db8666a16.jpg

San Giovanni

We almost cracked the Champions League group stage again - but fell at the last hurdle to RB Salzburg (who we beat last year).  We again drew Anderlecht earlier in the CL qualifiers - and we beat them pretty easily 1-0 - I say easy as they had very few chances and we out shot them in both games.  Last year RB Salzburg played a narrow 4-2-2-2 formation against us - and it was easy to play against, particularly as our right winger is one of our best players and he had acres of space.  This year, they played a normal 4-2-3-1 and we got nowhere close to beating them.

That put us into the Europa League group stage - and for the first time at this stage, we had a bit of luck with the draw - Shakhtar, Partizan and Dundalk. In truth, I thought we had lost the chance to qualify when we failed to beat Dundalk at home (we were lucky to draw the game in truth) and then Partizan thumped us to leave us with 2 points from 3 games.  But then we managed to beat Partizan at home and then Shakhtar.  That left us needing a win away to Dundalk to qualify - or Shakhtar drawing or losing away to Partizan.  We were 1-1 with Dundalk with 15 minutes to go, and as a draw was of no use I went for it - but got done on the counter.  Thankfully, Partizan did us a favour and held on to win 3-2 and we qualified for the knockout stages for the first time!  We've drawn Sporting - probably no chance, but nice to a) get some points in the group (we'd managed 2 in 12 games previously) and b) to qualify.

We're undefeated so far domestically - I'm wanting to keep that going, but we tend to ease off when we've qualified for the Champions Playoffs, so I'll have to try to keep the boys motivated!

1417682596_SanGioEuropeanResults2034.thumb.jpg.89e2d85f9a1b1ff925ded54d5603ac6f.jpg

198993974_EuroCupGroupGSanGio2034.jpg.b59202cd63f2d9c87cf242b51b4ba73e.jpg

San Giovanni Results 2034 2035 Part 1.jpg

National Team

Despite Mirko Palazzi having some decent results in his time as manager, I took over with us still in Nations League Division D.  That needed to change... and it did.  Now, I know as San Marino you can be on the end of some thumpings - especially early in saves.  So, did I have sympathy for Liechtenstein as we beat them 10-0 or Azerbaijan with a 7-0 win?  No :D!  In the Liechtenstein game, both strikers had hat-tricks by half time!!  Anyway, we got promoted, dropping 2 points away to Belarus in a game we really should have won - but in all, it's a good start.

In European Championship qualifying, we've drawn Norway, Switzerland, Northern Ireland and Armenia.  I'm not expecting to qualify, but I hope we can beat Armenia twice and perhaps give Northern Ireland (ranked 71st in the world) a run for their money.  Anything against Norway and Switzerland with this team will be a bonus.

Certainly the team is better than when I was in charge the first time.  While San Marino Calcio are kings of Serie A and Europe - the National Team is going to take a while.  I have a lot of young players from the Calcio U20 side who I've kept around longer than I might normally.  They won't be Serie A players, but if I release them, they might end up retiring or be without a club.  So, far from a mighty oak at the moment, but there are lots of new shoots growing!

775705229_NationalTeam2034Results.thumb.jpg.f87bbc631e9fd81d28728c95b5f79e4b.jpg775705229_NationalTeam2034Results.thumb.jpg.f87bbc631e9fd81d28728c95b5f79e4b.jpg

781822031_NationsLeagueD2034Table.jpg.f7fe5d48008426973e888b1b41881635.jpg

Edited by duesouth

6 minutes ago, parkin90 said:

Great result in the nations league!

Cheers mate - made a change to be on the right side of scores like that!

15 minutes ago, duesouth said:

2034/2035 Season (FM19) - Part 1

San Marino Calcio

It's been smooth sailing for San Marino Calcio.  We're a top side now and it's been easy so far.  Giving youth a chance is going to be a slow process - as too much and we'll drop points, players will be unhappy they aren't playing and if I get it really wrong, perhaps I'll get fired.  Right now not many are ready for the first team - perhaps one left back.  He's a dual national - so I'm not sure whether to hold him back a little so he doesn't get picked for Italy's senior team, or just play him to make sure he develops.  I would have sent him out on loan, but he rejected 2 moves.  Not quite sure what to do with the dual nationals it has to be said...  I'm certainly going to let some current senior squad players go when their contracts are up and hopefully we can have a good youth class this year, so I can start to replace them.

1694638477_SanMarinoCalcioResults20342035Part1.thumb.jpg.648c9745b86038675cd838c67f2a07d5.jpg

829288365_SerieATable20342035Part1.thumb.jpg.8ec40d64076dd720b432397db8666a16.jpg

San Giovanni

We almost cracked the Champions League group stage again - but fell at the last hurdle to RB Salzburg (who we beat last year).  We again drew Anderlecht earlier in the CL qualifiers - and we beat them pretty easily 1-0 - I say easy as they had very few chances and we out shot them in both games.  Last year RB Salzburg played a narrow 4-2-2-2 formation against us - and it was easy to play against, particularly as our right winger is one of our best players and he had acres of space.  This year, they played a normal 4-2-3-1 and we got nowhere close to beating them.

That put us into the Europa League group stage - and for the first time at this stage, we had a bit of luck with the draw - Shakhtar, Partizan and Dundalk. In truth, I thought we had lost the chance to qualify when we failed to beat Dundalk at home (we were lucky to draw the game in truth) and then Partizan thumped us to leave us with 2 points from 3 games.  But then we managed to beat Partizan at home and then Shakhtar.  That left us needing a win away to Dundalk to qualify - or Shakhtar drawing or losing away to Partizan.  We were 1-1 with Dundalk with 15 minutes to go, and as a draw was of no use I went for it - but got done on the counter.  Thankfully, Partizan did us a favour and held on to win 3-2 and we qualified for the knockout stages for the first time!  We've drawn Sporting - probably no chance, but nice to a) get some points in the group (we'd managed 2 in 12 games previously) and b) to qualify.

We're undefeated so far domestically - I'm wanting to keep that going, but we tend to ease off when we've qualified for the Champions Playoffs, so I'll have to try to keep the boys motivated!

1417682596_SanGioEuropeanResults2034.thumb.jpg.89e2d85f9a1b1ff925ded54d5603ac6f.jpg

198993974_EuroCupGroupGSanGio2034.jpg.b59202cd63f2d9c87cf242b51b4ba73e.jpg

San Giovanni Results 2034 2035 Part 1.jpg

National Team

Despite Mirko Palazzi having some decent results in his time as manager, I took over with us still in Nations League Division D.  That needed to change... and it did.  Now, I know as San Marino you can be on the end of some thumpings - especially early in saves.  So, did I have sympathy for Liechtenstein as we beat them 10-0 or Azerbaijan with a 7-0 win?  No :D!  In the Liechtenstein game, both strikers had hat-tricks by half time!!  Anyway, we got promoted, dropping 2 points away to Belarus in a game we really should have won - but in all, it's a good start.

In European Championship qualifying, we've drawn Norway, Switzerland, Northern Ireland and Armenia.  I'm not expecting to qualify, but I hope we can beat Armenia twice and perhaps give Northern Ireland (ranked 71st in the world) a run for their money.  Anything against Norway and Switzerland with this team will be a bonus.

Certainly the team is better than when I was in charge the first time.  While San Marino Calcio are kings of Serie A and Europe - the National Team is going to take a while.  I have a lot of young players from the Calcio U20 side who I've kept around longer than I might normally.  They won't be Serie A players, but if I release them, they might end up retiring or be without a club.  So, far from a mighty oak at the moment, but there are lots of new shoots growing!

775705229_NationalTeam2034Results.thumb.jpg.f87bbc631e9fd81d28728c95b5f79e4b.jpg775705229_NationalTeam2034Results.thumb.jpg.f87bbc631e9fd81d28728c95b5f79e4b.jpg

781822031_NationsLeagueD2034Table.jpg.f7fe5d48008426973e888b1b41881635.jpg

Great work! 
Do you have some good players in NT? 
I "lost" some good players to other nations. 
:(

This nigerian/sanmarinese darling...

Never wanted to talk about it.

2002370306_tabt1.thumb.PNG.0a8f43d3b8481cf1b4246190d1a7e6e8.PNG

This GK - choose italy without caps - but is locked...

2064115276_tabt2.thumb.PNG.1e22087d891e8a0f3a86a19844a947d1.PNG

This player can still play for us - but was in the Italian squad several times - so i do not have any hope for him. 

798949989_tabt3.thumb.PNG.47e1b9b34eea21f238b22999346bfcb4.PNG

These two can still play for us - if they just wanted to...

118328504_mulig1.thumb.PNG.0584e1698e5ebeb0bb2a74239ae9ff71.PNG

222085922_mulig2.thumb.PNG.f8ccc02e2769317b722c4ae09df0153f.PNG

See what you mean about the Nigerian guy - wow!!  I like the keeper as well.

This guy was the top prospect from my 2032 class.  He's a 5'10" central defender with a jumping reach of 9.  I was training him as a right back, but then Napoli bid £10 million for him, so I sold him!  He's got the wonderkid label, so I'm assuming he'll end up with Italy - but I still wouldn't quite know what to do with him...

Capicchioni.thumb.jpg.1185747493dc36395e7689ac6bd4e235.jpg

The left back I spoke about is this guy - again a little shorter than ideal which does concern me a bit - I've had him out on loan 3 times and he's ready for the first team, but I do have 2 good left backs, so that's bad planning by me!  Certainly harder with San Marino Calcio and long contracts - with San Giovanni turnover is much higher and easier with 1 or 2 year contracts - but hard to plan as you never know your intake in 1 or 2 years time...

Mancini.thumb.jpg.06c9a9550da25c41272c95d661ff41ef.jpg

I've also got 2 younger guys who have refused the San Marino call up.

This guy is a striker and I think could be really good.

Muccioli.thumb.jpg.c5729d7f52e8163abf6fdf88d4008fb5.jpg

This keeper also has potential, but I need to keep him training hard to improve that command of area, which is a lot lower than I like - but he is only 16.  We had good keepers early in the save, but the current national team is a San Marino League guy with Pennarossa and nothing super special, so this guy is better than him already.

Bronzetti.thumb.jpg.1a8b2242b9c202433ac1a36979406a5d.jpg

The 2 pure Sammarinese guys I have playing in the San Marino Calcio first team are these two.

The striker, Bugli, is the man:

Bugli.thumb.jpg.01bc8efd0d924a30e49d9539eecc3a54.jpg

The midfielder, Broccoli, I have done a pretty good job developing him - pushing him into the first team at a young age and he's still developing.  16 decisions is a nice one - and he's good with set pieces too.

Broccoli.thumb.jpg.90d363b347f547b5b92aa6328ba03b12.jpg