[FM20] [FM19] The Great San Marino Challenge

• Replies 903
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

San Marino Calcio - 2027/28 - Serie A - Part 2

We were a little hot and cold all season - and more cold than anything in the home stretch.  However, we were safe from relegation with 4 games to spare again - and in truth I was never really worried about the threat of it.  So, I plugged in some young players and they struggled - reinforcing the fact our youth system is poor.  We finished higher than last year in 11th - ahead of "Zebre" - so I'm very pleased.  We have £30 million in the bank - and the board have given me a £14.66 million transfer budget for the coming season - so I'll be busy in the off season.  I'm looking for a 100% permanent team with no loanees.  We need a right back and striker - plus upgrades at central defender and right wing.

227662109_SerieATable20272028Part2.thumb.jpg.156d74d3b2169bf91d9986fd7bf4bfb2.jpg

1109409118_20272028ResultsPart2.thumb.jpg.c1e6596c79fcec1238ae22ff135aee03.jpg

Youth Intake

The promised golden generation was anything but - with just one player - a keeper - having top potential.  We signed just 5 from it.  Hopefully the next stage of improvement to youth facilities will help next year.

1530271061_Calcio2028YouthIntake.thumb.jpg.9ff49577e528c1198819871c10af06cb.jpg

San Marino National Team

Just the 2 games - both friendlies - with an entertaining 3-3 draw away to Kosovo (we were 1-3 down and came back with 2 late goals) and a win against India - a late goal again, but this one a winner.  Our Nations League group is Azerbaijan, Malta and Liechtenstein - and I'll be hoping to do well here.

Overall Challenge Progress

It's clear from the poor state of the National Team that we're still miles away - likely a good 5+ seasons from even hoping to do really well.  The lack of a top youth class is worrying - I haven't had one yet in the entire save.  Our youth facilities are adequate right now with another upgrade to be completed in November.  Hopefully we'll get a better 2029 class to give me a little hope with the overall progress of the challenge.

Damn...

Had a good campagne - last match against Denmark we had 0-0 until 92' min.... but then Denmark scored (they where dominating us - so it was fair enough)...

But with a 0-0 we would have claimed the 2. place and go to European Championship... :(

894245729_MissetEM.thumb.PNG.4bad850d701505a55f9cb172c2cb8043.PNG

But we won our NL Group D - so we still have the possibility for play-offs... :rolleyes:

Edited by FoxGe1994

San Marino Calcio Season 1

I will keep the first few updates brief and gradually build them up as the club becomes bigger and better.

Competitions

Senior Team

League Table

Competing in the 6th tier of the Italian system I knew the quality in this league wouldn't be great, yet I was still surprised to have breezed through the season so easily. We dropped the odd points here and there, but still managed to finish the season unbeaten

Reserves

League Table

This was a surprise for me, having started the reserves in the 7th tier and starting the save with 0 players, I didnt expect a promotion in the first season, but it was never in doubt as we led the way from start to finish. With how easily our first team won the league last season, I think the reserves have another good shot at promotion next season,.

Youth Intake

Youth candidates

I will be signing every player for the first few seasons due to a lack of numbers in the youth sides. Although we have nothing to shout about with this intake, there is a couple with decent personalities who could in time, do a half decent job for the reserves. 

Season 4 Review

gQnQCQK.png

San Marino Calcio

Wow, didn't anticipate that. We got back-to-back promotions and are in the promised land: Serie A, where the money is.

Season was great, took us a few weeks to get going, but from mid-october we were rolling.

Important was our new striker Riccardo Tonin with 31 goals (!). The funny thing. Had him on my radar for quite some time, but didn't want to sign him, because I didn't see the need for a new striker since Nicholas Bonfanti was so great for us. But I couldn't find a good enough left attacking mid and had the idea, that Nicholas Bonfanti could do a very good job for us there, so I re-trained Bonfanti and signed Tonin.

Played very offensive, need to improve the defense for Serie A.

20200309194013_1.thumb.jpg.585b0a9730506695b3cbd5068b669b53.jpg

Btw.: I am not talking about Youth Intakes much, yet, because they are not good. Best player from this year has 2.5 stars potential.

jyDOKQn.png

San Marino National Team

I am a little bit disappointed. Thought we could win the Nations League C and we came close, but at the end we lost 2:1 against Georgia.

880685534_tabellenati.thumb.jpg.62116bd089d5a1ead5c26775f5965544.jpg

Season 5 Preview

With San Marino Calcio, I am looking forward to earning money. The goal is to improve the club infrastructure and just fight for our survival. If we can stay up I am happy, if we go down we take the money with us (that's why I'll try to improve the defense via loan players and free signings only and try to give no big new contracts to the players at the club).

With the national team we are having the EURO Qualifiers. I don't think we have can achieve something. We have Gibraltar and Lichtenstein in the group, so that need to be 4 wins. Against Scotland, Serbia and Denmark I want to get at least one surprising result.

New Achievements

@duesouth

Win promotion from Serie B

Win the Serie B Title

Get San Marino into the top 150 in the world

Through The Seasons - San Marino Calcio
Season Division League Pos. National Cups GF GA Int. Cups Squad Most Goals Most Assists (Other) Key Player One to Watch Transfers Miscellaneous
2019/2020 Serie D/F 1st - 69 25 - Squad Matteo Vitaioli - 19 Piero Paludetto - 12 Riccardo Gaiola Alex Canti 0€ Promotion to Serie C
2020/2021 Serie C/B 8th Coppa Italia: 2nd Qual. Rd // Coppa Italia Di Serie C: 3rd Rd 51 41 - Squad Matteo Vitaiol - 8 Stephen Danso - 8 Marino Bifulco Andrea Vagnini 5k€  
2021/2022 Serie C/B 2nd Coppa Italia: 2nd Qual. Rd // Coppa Italia Di Serie C: 3rd Rd 62 32 - Squad Nicholas Bonfanti - 23 Ben Lhassine Koné - 13 Dario Maltese Massimo Manzaroli 130k€ club turned professional // promoted to Serie B via playoffs
2022/2023 Serie B 1st Coppa Italia: 3rd Qual. Rd 73 46 - Squad Riccardo Tonin - 31 Filippo Berardi - 13 Alessandro Lovisa Jonathan Masi 8.25k€ promoted to Serie A via winning the Serie B titles

Through The Years - San Marino National Team
Year World Ranking Tournament Pos GF GA Most Goals Most Assists (Other) Key Player One to Watch Miscellaneous
2019 208th Euro Qualifiers 6th 1 38 Tommaso Zafferani - 1 Davide Cesarini - 1 Elia Benedettini Alex Canti  
2020 185th UEFA Nations League D 1st 18 3 Nicola Nanni - 4 Nicola Michelotti - 4 Filippo Berardi Matteo Reggini first win in a friendly against Andorra (3-0) // first win in a competiive game against Malta (4-0) // promotion to UEFA Nations League C
2021 158th World Cup Qualifiers 4th 13 16 Nicola Michelotti - 3 Nicola Michelotti - 2 Alessandro Valentini Luca Muccioli  
2022 147th UEFA Nations League C 2nd 7 5 Filippo Berardi - 2 Filippo Berardi - 2 Luca Muccioli Jonathan Masi Top-150 in the world

Edited by Kazushi80

Season 32/33; End of Season

We dominated domestically again securing the treble.

We lost against Austria Vienna in the EL 1st KO round on away goals. I was quite disappointed with the result and started to work with a different formation. To compete in Europe, I need to ensure I have the best possible squad so I am looking to relax my own foreign player restriction. Ive also switched to a 3-1-4-2 and there are a couple of reasons for the decision. The first being Henrique, our LB, will be returning to his parent club and I wasnt prepared to part with almost £15m for him. I scouted for a replacement but the 2 I was interested in wanted very high wages. We also have some very good CB's. The second is that I want to start playing with 2 strikers as I was wanting both Adebayo and Gennari to play.

I forgot to take a screen shot of the squad at the end of last season, but here is the 'best XI'.

image.thumb.png.9fb9ec1d397723c459f57069ed9c5e8b.png

The Adebayo transfer saga has come to an end. LAFC were willing to pay £62m upfront and I also applied a 40% of next sale clause. The amount was too much to refuse considering he came through the youth and I have already replaced him with 2 quality signings, paying less than £5.5m for both.

Andi Elezi is a 20 year old Serbian, with great attributes. He was ahead of Adebayo in most areas and only cost £875k. I am hoping he will turn out to be the bargain of FM20

image.thumb.png.7d4a8343cf48b30ca2153772e7083812.png

Millen Rodrigues is a 17 year old Brazilian with bags of potential. I am looking forward to seeing how he can develop over the next few years.

image.thumb.png.87c0bfeebbbbdf538a06047dc0ce358b.png

I am also looking for a very good DM and I have my eye on a couple of players to try and bring in the right one.

16 minutes ago, duesouth said:

I'll be interested in how the 3-1-4-2 goes @Cuomo10 - 4-4-2 seems quite OP this year, and I would guess it might struggle against that - but hope it works out well.

Yes, I can only judge how well it will do in the European games because we're too strong domestically. Ive not faced too many sides playing 4-4-2 to be honest.

Season 33/34; European Qualifiers

We now enter the CL qualifiers in the 2nd round and qualified for the group stages comfortably. 

image.thumb.png.5b73cea9a989db812a77e4a789520a6b.png

A tough group as all 3 have won their domestic leagues for at least the last 2 years and Inter won the CL 2 seasons ago.

image.thumb.png.f7c793d09981a403b6a4293a02d1a0a2.png

After the close season sale of Adebayo, we also sold Vokshi in pre-season. I decided to cash in on him as he had a year left on his £19k a week (highest earner) deal and he wanted a ridiculous amount to re-sign. A few clubs were interested and he signed for Atalanta for an initial £9.75m rising to £13.5m after international appearances. Happy to have made some profit as we signed him for £10m. I made up my mind with Laporte and he will be my main DM and I already had my eye on a couple of defensive players to bring in. Majstorovic signed for £500k and had a better attribute spread, other than heading, over Vokshi. I also signed Mario Harewood from Spurs on a season loan. 

New signing, Andi Elezi, has been exceptional during the CL qualifiers scoring 12 in 6 and has been very well backed up by his strike partner, Gennari, who has 8 in 6. I was interested to see how our new 3-1-4-2 formation would play out and Ive been very impressed so far. It will be interesting to see how we get on against Inter and Atleti in the group stages.

image.thumb.png.11c087cf1ab0f2096e49c85f82b1f2e3.png

1 hour ago, Cuomo10 said:

It will be interesting to see how we get on against Inter and Atleti in the group stages.

That's a tough group :( - good luck!

Season 33/34; Mid-Season

Well, disappointed to say the least as we finished bottom of our CL group. Things started well with two 2-2 draws against Atleti at home and Dinamo away. We were outclassed in the 2 games against Inter but a 0-0 draw away to Atleti put us in a great position to finish 3rd but we lost 3-1 to Dinamo at home. We dominated but it was just one of those games.

image.thumb.png.250ee8f7885f2248687a163df853cb25.png

Regardless of this I have been pleased with the change of formation. Elezi has proved to be a quality signing with 30 in 25 and has paid back the £875k we spent on him. Rodrigues also looks to be a a very shrewd signing. I dont feel that we have missed Vokshi as Majstorovic has performed well. Josko Supe is on the radar of all the big clubs at the minute and he could be the next player to move away. He has 2 years left on his current deal and isnt interested in signing another at present.

image.thumb.png.d8a44bbf38f91cf1013ea39861904e8d.png

There is some promise with a couple of our youngsters like the 2 Ciacci's and Macina but as we are now deemed a bigger side, I have started to sign promising young players from other clubs. 

Fumaca joins us for £2.5m and will be challenging for the DM spot. Laporte will be leaving us at the end of the season and I have made an offer to sign current loanee, Mario Harewood, from Spurs who is currently classed as a Wonderkid. UPDATE: Was unable to agree a sensible deal for Harewood as the agent wanted to include a non-negotiable release fee of £300k! I am however now able to extend Laporte's loan deal until next season which I am snapping up.

image.thumb.png.b5eca53cf63b7ecd8eb87c85cddb80e8.png

Bojan Sakovic is a young Serbian midfielder who can play out wide or in the middle. Signed for an initial £1m and could rise to £3m.

image.thumb.png.c780cac7492ad5ff427c087578f55797.png

Our 3rd signing is 15 year old Edgar Da Silva who is (hopefully) my long term replacement for Slavica. He signs for an initial £825k and could rise to £2.3m. He looks a real bargain.

image.thumb.png.69560049eded7b7a09d414788a0cf1f3.png

==============================================================

I was happy with the results during qualifiers for the World Cup. Routine wins against Luxembourg and 2 very good wins against Ireland. We also managed to draw 0-0 with Belgium. We never really threatened the top 2 but happy nevertheless.

image.thumb.png.19b254e0f2efc0d01deb6c72b95acfa6.png

image.thumb.png.9ab2fed66e2677365a46d862631f0448.png

image.png

Edited by Cuomo10

@duesouth

is it allowed to help other sanmarinese clubs with money...? :)

Can't see any restictions in the guide about this - so hope its allowed...

Because i have sent some money to the other clubs so they develope faster and can help me with better intakes... :rolleyes:

Because of this its not always a walk in the park to win the league - which makes it more interesting to do this challenge :D

Edited by FoxGe1994

1 hour ago, FoxGe1994 said:

@duesouth

is it allowed to help other sanmarinese clubs with money...? :)

Can't see any restictions in the guide about this - so hope its allowed...

Because i have sent some money to the other clubs so they develope faster and can help me with better intakes... :rolleyes:

Because of this its not always a walk in the park to win the league - which makes it more interesting to do this challenge :D

That's been done before, so no problem :)

San Marino Calcio Season 2

Competitions

Senior Team

Italian Eccellenza Marche (5th tier)

League Table

Predicted to finish 1st and we led the way from start to finish. We sealed the title with 5 games left and having only lost 2 games at that point. Tried to play a few of the youth intake and it showed. Still another promotion sealed, with the club turning semi-pro this summer. 

Eccellenza Marche Cup 

Tree

Not regarded as important by the board but with a £10k prize for the winner I thought it would be rude not to try. Easy money in the end.

Reserves

League Table (6th tier)

I dont manage the reserves, but I do keep an eye on them and make players available as and when I feel the need to. Another solid showing means they will be competing in the 5th tier next season.

Youth Development

Intake

Another intake that looks disappointing on first looks but when you delve into it, is all you can really expect at this level. A couple of solid personalities, but nobody stands out from the crowd. Its going to be a few seasons before we are anywhere near ready to really benefit the national side.

Next Season

The aim with the senior side will be simply promotion, we need that Serie A money asap to really get progress underway. With the reserve side I am going to start fazing out any players who are not developed by ourselves or eligible for the national side (who im not managing as yet).

Edited by Lewis89

Season 33/34; End of Season

With no European football, our attention was solely with the domestic scene and we swept up.

Andi Elezi was 1 goal away from equaling the clubs record for most goals by a player in a season. He's turning out to be a quality signing for less than £1m. I was very happy with all of the signings and Savkovic looks like he is going to develop into a top quality player.

image.thumb.png.374bb85c6481fe98e05c89746ea769cb.png

The one area of the squad I have not strengthened has been in goal and so Carlos Eduardo will be joining us in the summer.

image.thumb.png.299c58d576b98338be61b3b34f114ca7.png

On to next season...

San Marino Calcio 23/24

I forgot to update after this season, so this will be very short. We ended up as runner up. Cesena had a really good season and we couldn't keep up with them. I think they only lost to us in the league, which was annoying. 

In the playoffs we had to play against Rimini, which are a nemesis in my whole Serie C campaign. Ofcourse we lost 1-0, the classic 100 chance for us and 1 for them game. 

Good thing is that the big clubs in Italy are given us more and more oppurtunities to loan players from them. So next season will be me last season in the Serie C, finally!

San Marino Calcio 24/25

This season we led the league beginning to end. Our young contract players improved, we renewed some loanees and found some good new loanees. Doing a team report on the big clubs in Italy was really helping me.

Also the last two season we were able to sell  two players for around 600k€. This improved our finances, which are still terrible. 

1369878798_Leagueresults23-25.thumb.PNG.0ffed00c3d96942adaa0c3d1a67698b0.PNG

San Marino NT

In the Nations League we were able to fight for the top spot with Armenia. Away from home we didn't stand a chance against them and lost 2-0. At home we were leading the whole game with 1-0, but in the last 10 minutes they managed to score 2 goals. And I think they deserve it, because our NT is still terrible.

In the WC qualifiers we are hopeless. What really annoys me is that when we lose 2-0 against Greece I still have to be angry at my team to keep them motivated. When I use the 'symphatize' or 'you managed to give your best' team speak they are annoyed with me, which is unrealistic in my eyes.

700152772_SanMarinoNT23-25.thumb.PNG.63cb696b8ddabd7f0bedd65e64bb2d34.PNG

San Marino players and prospects

After six seasons I think it's time to show you some of my players from the NT and young upcoming talents. Our acedemy and youth recruitment are adequate. The youth recruiment is now being upgraded to average.

Nicola Buscarini

Next to Gaiola and Bernardi our NT star player and also the biggest San Marino talent. Also, he is the only player which is getting regular play time in the San Marino Calcio squad. He isn't in the first eleven, but is being used as the 12th men. His versatility helps a lot.

897829439_NicolaBuscarine2025.thumb.PNG.4690a0b213b1accbce16a815b06b8e3e.PNG

Francesco Bernardi

Francesco is a talent from the first YP I had in the game I think. I had high hopes for him, but couldn't give him enough play time in the San Marino Calcio squad. With the promotion to the Serie B he is released from the club. I really hope he can find some nice Serie C team to get him some play time. 

1602425192_FransescoBerardi2025.thumb.PNG.6cc793177fc57a383958de2badcb67a3.PNG

Luca Bernardi

Another Bernardi up front which is making confusing sometimes. This Bernardi hasn't got a lot of my attention yet, but when I was making this screenshot I saw he was already at 12 caps at the age of 19. I think most of them were as substitute, as he isnt as good as Buscarini, F. Bernardi or Nanni yet. 

2076821576_LucaBernardi.thumb.PNG.534a7c86c8e7dd52912571aa0cdb6b2b.PNG

Silvano Tamagini

Another good pull from my first season which hasn't got the play time he needed. I tried to loan him out a couple of times, but no teams were intrested. Which is a shame, because I think he is good enough for some Serie C teams. With the promotion to the Serie B I also released him in the hope to get him some playtime.

1326335467_SilvanoTamagnini2025.thumb.PNG.43ebe20b4f111a683a59f89361b50ce7.PNG

Massimo Censoni

The player from the last YP with the most potential. This has to be our keeper for the years to come. Only, he is 1.82M (6ft?)... :(

1166733404_MassimoCensoni.thumb.PNG.6d13e4578e21af1126ee6a3b56524f96.PNG

Edited by Cross
Double screenshots

San Marino Calcio Season 3 2021/22

Senior Squad

Competitions   

Serie D/D - League Table    Invincible's

Our first season at this level, we was labelled favourites from the start and you can see why. For the second time in 3 years we have gone a league campaign unbeaten. Amazingly, we was only crowned champions with 2 games to go as Crema pushed us all the way, our 2 games against them both being 0-0 stalemates. A third promotion in a row has seen the board turn us professional for our first campaign in Serie C. 

Youth Development

Youth Intake

This is easily our worst intake of the save so far. I cant expect much as we have not been able to make any upgrades to anything as of yet, but a half decent player would be nice. 

Reserve Squad

League Table

A decent showing from the reserves in the 5th tier of Italian football. I knew this league would be a step up for them, and with me introducing some of our first couple of intakes into this side now, I doubt promotion will be on the cards just yet.

Hmmm....

I have a problem in my save...

I am not allowed to upgrade my training facilities....
The option is not available - so youth facilities are the best - but training facilities are still crap...

Anyone who know what i can do? :(

Edited by FoxGe1994

51 minutes ago, FoxGe1994 said:

Hmmm....

I have a problem in my save...

I am not allowed to upgrade my training facilities....
The option is not available - so youth facilities are the best - but training facilities are still crap...

Anyone who know what i can do? :(

Could be down to reputation or money, improve them to see if the option becomes available. Youth recruitment is definitely based on reputation.

2 hours ago, Thebaker said:

Could be down to reputation or money, improve them to see if the option becomes available. Youth recruitment is definitely based on reputation.

We are 3 star rated - we have 182 million pound in the bank... :(

All the other clubs in the league have better training facilities...

So difficult to train the players with these facilities,... 

San Marino Calcio 2022/23

Senior Squad

League Table    Play Offs   Transfers

Was not sure what to expect this season as the step up from Serie D appeared massive. A busy summer saw us sign 7 new players. This led us to start the season on fire, losing only 2 of our first 14 league games and saw us sitting in 3rd. Then a disastrous run of 8 league games  without a win meant we had no chance of challenging for the title. Due to our start we were still in the play off positions, and managed to turn our form around and start picking up some wins again. We spent the whole season around the top 5 so I knew we stood a chance of promotion via the play offs. The play offs were alot easier than I expected, we dominated most games and really should have racked up a cricket score in the final, as was our dominance in that game. Still another Promotion and another step up in class next season.

Youth Production

Youth Intake

Another poor intake, with no real stand out talent. Signed any with decent personalities to add numbers to the youth teams. 

Reserves

League Table

As mentioned in a previous post, I am starting to make the reserves youth or San Marino eligible players only. I still have the odd player who isnt either of these, but compared to last season, the numbers are down massively. This season they finished 5th in the 5th tier, but got the same amount of points as last season. 

Finances and Facilities.

Finances    Facilities

Our finances are not looking to bad at all. We tend to run into the red over the course of a season, but always start the new season with a little in the bank. Facilities wise, my board have flat out refused any upgrades what so ever to anything. This is disappointing, as to develop players, I need better facilities.

Edited by Lewis89

The league is finally getting better.

We just raised to the 15. best nation - so now we have 2 teams in CL qualification - 1 team in El qualification and 2 teams in ECL qualification.

Which means we know have 5 spots for european football :D

Last couple years the some of other teams did qualify for ECL - and also qualifying for the knock-outs in season 41/42 - which is the reason for this improvement. :D

Edited by FoxGe1994

After having some success in FM18 managing in the San Marino League decided to give this a crack in FM20. Last time round I did YA only, this time have made it a little easier and using purely San Marino players (outside those in my starting squad), after completion of season one have managed to complete a few of the challenges

Win a game (!):
Win a competitive game (includes Nations League): 

770485085_KazakhstanvSanMarino_Review.thumb.png.2e662d2fcaddc95b67500e056c36ebc9.png

Qualify for Group 1 of the 2nd stage of the league season:
Win either Group A or Group B in the 1st stage:

651083679_CampionatoSammarinesediCalcio_Stages.thumb.png.9c3e93e020824b6995ca46dcda7ebbe0.png

Qualify for the Champions Playoffs (top 6 in Group 1, or 1st/2nd in Group 2): 
Win Group 1:

1087263853_CampionatoSammarinesediCalcio_Stages-2.thumb.png.aa78d5fade53d1048f61f0c919a70946.png

Win the Champions Playoffs: 

443779289_CampionatoSammarinesediCalcio_Profile.thumb.png.723b25b80b59a25545b7c5a8f4dd3093.png

Win the San Marino Cup:

2008706318_EzioAuditore_Inbox.thumb.png.c6959eae3f32d1fc6f5553758e07f3b5.png

Win the double (Champions Playoffs and San Marino Cup):

1577632681_EzioAuditore_Inbox-2.thumb.png.b1a2fad39b45fd9b8213e2b808e6614c.png

On to season two.

Edited by Belgrave

3 minutes ago, Belgrave said:

After having some success in FM18 managing in the San Marino League decided to give this a crack in FM20. Last time round I did YA only, this time have made it a little easier and using purely San Marino players (outside those in my starting squad), after completion of season one have managed to complete a few of the challenges

Win a game (!):
Win a competitive game (includes Nations League): 

770485085_KazakhstanvSanMarino_Review.thumb.png.2e662d2fcaddc95b67500e056c36ebc9.png

Qualify for Group 1 of the 2nd stage of the league season:
Win either Group A or Group B in the 1st stage:

651083679_CampionatoSammarinesediCalcio_Stages.thumb.png.9c3e93e020824b6995ca46dcda7ebbe0.png

Qualify for the Champions Playoffs (top 6 in Group 1, or 1st/2nd in Group 2): 
Win Group 1:

1087263853_CampionatoSammarinesediCalcio_Stages-2.thumb.png.aa78d5fade53d1048f61f0c919a70946.png

Win the Champions Playoffs: 

443779289_CampionatoSammarinesediCalcio_Profile.thumb.png.723b25b80b59a25545b7c5a8f4dd3093.png

Win the San Marino Cup:

2008706318_EzioAuditore_Inbox.thumb.png.c6959eae3f32d1fc6f5553758e07f3b5.png

Win the double (Champions Playoffs and San Marino Cup):

1577632681_EzioAuditore_Inbox-2.thumb.png.b1a2fad39b45fd9b8213e2b808e6614c.png

On to season two.

Keep up the good work. :D

Am 18.3.2020 um 18:17 schrieb FoxGe1994:

We are 3 star rated - we have 182 million pound in the bank... :(

All the other clubs in the league have better training facilities...

So difficult to train the players with these facilities,... 

Are you sharing facilites with another club? Because if you do that with an affiliate club and you are using their facilites, you can't upgrade them. Only they can do that.

20 hours ago, FoxGe1994 said:

Yeah its from Pennarossa :D

The best youth player from another team reached 4 star CA when I signed them. 

Im also flirting with the idea to sign a player from each side for an inflated price to help boost other clubs finances which hopefully they'll use on facilities. We've got £160m in the bank and I've been rejecting £30m+ offers for 3 of my players. 

19 hours ago, FoxGe1994 said:

The league is finally getting better.

We just raised to the 15. best nation - so now we have 2 teams in CL qualification - 1 team in El qualification and 2 teams in ECL qualification.

Which means we know have 5 spots for european football :D

Last couple years the some of other teams did qualify for ECL - and also qualifying for the knock-outs in season 41/42 - which is the reason for this improvement. :D

Im around 8 seasons behind you at the moment and the San Marino league is 32nd I think. 

23 minutes ago, Cuomo10 said:

The best youth player from another team reached 4 star CA when I signed them. 

Im also flirting with the idea to sign a player from each side for an inflated price to help boost other clubs finances which hopefully they'll use on facilities. We've got £160m in the bank and I've been rejecting £30m+ offers for 3 of my players. 

I did pay inflated prices to help the other clubs. They used some of them on facilities, but mostly on overpriced players... :(

23 minutes ago, Cuomo10 said:

Im around 8 seasons behind you at the moment and the San Marino league is 32nd I think. 

Did some of the others club qualify for european football? It really helped in my save since the first club made it to ECL. 

This season is going nuts - we will really improve :D

Season 5 Review

gQnQCQK.png

San Marino Calcio

First season in Serie A, and we made a lot of money. Was very conservative, didn't pay much higher wages, didn't buy that many players, because I didn't want to go down with too expensive players.

But we didn't go down. We had some rough times, conceded too many goals, but stayed clear of the relegation zone the whole time. A little bit of a problem is the disciplinary record. Our new tactic is more aggressive and the result of that are many yellow and red cards. Shattered the Serie A record – in January (!!!). One of our (attacking) players had 17 yellow cards at the end of the season, the whole team had 157 yellow and 7 red cards in the league.

tabelle.thumb.jpg.1276cc9d1eb766562bfac1b87458e661.jpg

For the first time since the beginning we had a great youth intake – with two defenders who could get straight in the national team. The biggest problem is, both don't want to play for San Marino, because our nation has a too low reputation for them. The smaller problem is, Lorenzo Franciosi doesn't even want to sign a contract with me and big clubs are already sniffing around. So my hope for the future is Nicola Gasperoni.

intake.thumb.jpg.e2902a1d0885195987e25a4f90f05a2d.jpg

jyDOKQn.png

San Marino National Team

Okayish season in the EURO Qualifiers. 4th as expected, a little bit disappointing is the draw against Gibraltar, and we didn't score even a goal against the top-3 nations.

1426385696_tabelleeuros.thumb.jpg.31e3d0402643fe4f523a725d91409b76.jpg

A problem at the moment is: We've some players without a club now, a few even retired at a young age, because they didn't find new clubs. I am thinking about signing all the national players without a club, so they have at least training and I can try to loan them out.

Season 6 Preview

With San Marino Calcio, the goal is to earn more money, improve all facilities, get more good intakes and stay up. I think the second season will be harder. I think I'll lose my goalkeeper Luís Rocha, who was voted the best keeper in Serie A this season, but has a low release clause (was mandatory at the time I signed him), doesn't want to sign a new contract and big clubs like Man City are showing interest in him.

With the national team we are taking our second run at the Nations League C. I want to get promoted!

New Achievements

@duesouth

Have a player beat Andy Selva's 8 goals scored record

Avoid relegation in Serie A in your first season in this division

Through The Seasons - San Marino Calcio
Season Division League Pos. National Cups GF GA Int. Cups Squad Most Goals Most Assists (Other) Key Player One to Watch Transfers Miscellaneous
2019/2020 Serie D/F 1st - 69 25 - Squad Matteo Vitaioli - 19 Piero Paludetto - 12 Riccardo Gaiola Alex Canti 0€ Promotion to Serie C
2020/2021 Serie C/B 8th Coppa Italia: 2nd Qual. Rd // Coppa Italia Di Serie C: 3rd Rd 51 41 - Squad Matteo Vitaiol - 8 Stephen Danso - 8 Marino Bifulco Andrea Vagnini 5k€  
2021/2022 Serie C/B 2nd Coppa Italia: 2nd Qual. Rd // Coppa Italia Di Serie C: 3rd Rd 62 32 - Squad Nicholas Bonfanti - 23 Ben Lhassine Koné - 13 Dario Maltese Massimo Manzaroli 130k€ club turned professional // promoted to Serie B via playoffs
2022/2023 Serie B 1st Coppa Italia: 3rd Qual. Rd 73 46 - Squad Riccardo Tonin - 31 Filippo Berardi - 13 Alessandro Lovisa Jonathan Masi 8.25k€ promoted to Serie A via winning the Serie B titles
2023/2034 Serie A 13th Coppa Italia: 1st Rd 58 71 - Squad Riccardo Tonin - 16 Filippo Berardi - 15 Luís Rocha Nicola Gasperoni - 740.5k€  

Through The Years - San Marino National Team
Year World Ranking Tournament Pos GF GA Most Goals Most Assists (Other) Key Player One to Watch Miscellaneous
2019 208th Euro Qualifiers 6th 1 38 Tommaso Zafferani - 1 Davide Cesarini - 1 Elia Benedettini Alex Canti  
2020 185th UEFA Nations League D 1st 18 3 Nicola Nanni - 4 Nicola Michelotti - 4 Filippo Berardi Matteo Reggini first win in a friendly against Andorra (3-0) // first win in a competiive game against Malta (4-0) // promotion to UEFA Nations League C
2021 158th World Cup Qualifiers 4th 13 16 Nicola Michelotti - 3 Nicola Michelotti - 2 Alessandro Valentini Luca Muccioli  
2022 147th UEFA Nations League C 2nd 7 5 Filippo Berardi - 2 Filippo Berardi - 2 Luca Muccioli Jonathan Masi Top-150 in the world
2023 144th Euro Qualifiers 4th 12 18 Luca Cavalli - 2 Andrea Gualandi - 2 Luca Muccioli Jonathan Masi New All-Time Top Goalscorer

47 minutes ago, Kazushi80 said:

Are you sharing facilites with another club? Because if you do that with an affiliate club and you are using their facilites, you can't upgrade them. Only they can do that.

@duesouth i really tried everything to solve this problem - even checked with the ingame editor if it would help if i improved the training facilities one step - but nothing helped.

But now this was counted as use of ingame editor... :(:(:(

Do i have to restart the save/challenge to make it count? :(
Possible to show/see for which purpose it was used? Because it was only used for this.

Found out it was the afffiliate club who shared its training facilities. :(

Otherwise i will have to continue knowing for myself that it was never used for anything else - and not count/report it in here. :seagull::(

Edited by FoxGe1994

2 hours ago, FoxGe1994 said:

@duesouth i really tried everything to solve this problem - even checked with the ingame editor if it would help if i improved the training facilities one step - but nothing helped.

But now this was counted as use of ingame editor... :(:(:(

Do i have to restart the save/challenge to make it count? :(
Possible to show/see for which purpose it was used? Because it was only used for this.

Found out it was the afffiliate club who shared its training facilities. :(

Otherwise i will have to continue knowing for myself that it was never used for anything else - and not count/report it in here. :seagull::(

As you've got so far, and it was fixing a bug, I can't see it being a problem - we can't have you re-start the whole thing!

So, I've been rather battling the FM20 match engine for much of my save - but ultimately, wasn't enjoying that part of the game that much.  Given there wil be no further patches for the ME and that I'm likely to be playing FM a bunch more in the coming weeks, I thought it was time I started enjoying playing.  I've therefore taken the decision to go back to FM19 and my save there.

Setting the Scene

I'm managing both San Marino Calcio and also San Giovanni just to make it more interesting (two managers in game, one player) - and I left the save in the 2028/29 season.

San Marino Calcio

San Marino Calcio had plenty of ups and downs along the way - up to C, back to D, up again, up to B - but straight back to C again - but then up to B and then to Serie A.  This is my first season in the top division.  At the winter break, we're a very respectable 11th in the table on 23 points, 3 ahead of my target.  The highlight was beating Inter 2-1 away from home.

78045775_SerieATable20282029Part1.thumb.jpg.6b0d63d5a36c3fa5de0b0dcb9a847924.jpg

516679511_20282029ResultsPart1.thumb.jpg.6209f580e72a176738752753308b2cf0.jpg

The team has too many loan players, but as the money flows in (£16.3 million in the bank), permanent signings will be made.

San Giovanni

I started this save by winning the Champions Playoffs in my first season with San Giovanni, playing a defensive 4-1-4-1 system.  We're now a much, much better team and at the point where we are starting to dominate the San Marino League.  We've won the league 4 times, the cup twice and the Super Cup 5 times.  Last year I played the save through the European qualifiers and finally managed to qualify for the group stage of the Europa League courtesy of a 2-0 win against Welsh side TNS.  I picked up the save right before the first Europa League group game - which was a 0-2 loss to Palermo.  We didn't manage to win a game - but did draw twice with Sturm Graz - once unlucky not to win, and the other lucky not to lose!

1596034329_SanGiovanniEurope2028.thumb.jpg.3b97cb641c5e213df39b9c1732130526.jpg

Domestically, it's been pretty easy to date - with us being undefeated.

1354421834_SanGiovanniDomestic20282029Part1.thumb.jpg.6400647fb3232abfbf57fbc530a00c09.jpg

1159759318_SanGiovanniGroupA2028Table.thumb.jpg.36fbad5f9d6aaa43af9254bd35d87799.jpg

£7.7 million is in the bank and facilities are improving.

San Marino National Team

When I decided I was going to buy FM20, I quit as National Team manager to get through the save quicker - so my San Marino Calcio manager is no longer NT manager.  Former player Mirko Palazzi has the job, and I'll probably wait until the job comes open naturally, but might need to force it if it doesn't.

3 hours ago, FoxGe1994 said:

I did pay inflated prices to help the other clubs. They used some of them on facilities, but mostly on overpriced players... :(

That's what has put me off, but I may have no choice if I want to progress with the NT

3 hours ago, FoxGe1994 said:

Did some of the others club qualify for european football? It really helped in my save since the first club made it to ECL. 

This season is going nuts - we will really improve :D

Last time I checked, (a couple of in game seasons ago), no other club had reached any European group stage. 

2 hours ago, duesouth said:

As you've got so far, and it was fixing a bug, I can't see it being a problem - we can't have you re-start the whole thing!

Thank you! Can assure you all that it was only used to try and fix my problem with the facilities. :)

57 minutes ago, Cuomo10 said:

That's what has put me off, but I may have no choice if I want to progress with the NT

Last time I checked, (a couple of in game seasons ago), no other club had reached any European group stage. 

Yeah its a bit faster way to progress - otherwise you will have to carry the league in by doing well and improve the league. 

Wow!

We did great in europe - 3 teams in group stage.

We lost the league-final so we had to go to ECL.

Reached the Qrt - final and lost to Mainz.

Cailungo - winner of the league lost in the CL playoffs - so they entered the EL group stage - they only got 1 point.

Fiorentino in ECL - ended on 2. place in their group - reached 1. knockout against Rapid Vienna.

Folgore in ECL - reached 4. best placed knockout - the stage before the groupe stage.

So now we are ranked 9. best team in europe! 

nations.thumb.PNG.18b6f2cb1d2503cb93d2629d30db9e4c.PNG

Edited by FoxGe1994