Graphics won't load on FM20

Rooney_10

Hi,

I'm having some problems loading the graphics on the new FM. I usually can do it fine but it just isn't loading onto the game the file location is as shown on the pic. I'm not sure if its something to do with my iCloud. when I go on FM preferences it just won't load, I've unticked the cache and ticked reload the skin after confirm. Does anyone have any ideas? thanks 

IMG_9156.HEIC

I am having the same problem and I am not using a mac

I created a graphics folder in my Sports Interactive - Football Manager 2020 folder and then placed a faces folder in there and downloaded a faces pack.

I then followed the below instructions but the faces are not showing up in my game, has anybody any ideas?

Cheers

1. Next go into your Football Manager 2020 game, click the 'FM' icon in the top right and go to 'preferences'.
  2. When the next screen loads, click the 'advanced' tab in the top left and select 'interface' from the drop down menu on the right.
  3. Click the drop down menu in the bottom left and click the 'clear cache' option.
  4. Go back to the 'interface' screen and tick the box that says 'Reload skin when confirming changes in Preferences'.

Without making a new thread and I'm sorry I'm asking this in your thread but anyone know how to get custom kits for a created team ? I've tried everything and every other kit works

I guess I have to wait for the IGE so I can enable custom kits or edit them so they enable 

Ok, so this is weird.   

First I have been playing FM a long time (god how did I get so old) and using facepacks, logos, kits etc long time too.

Initially with FM20 beta I got logos working successfully, without much effort (cept figuring out the new interface for Preference settings)

Then I decided to delete the logo pack I was using to try a different logo pack to save disc space. 

But I couldn't get the new pack to display.  Then I put the pack I had been using back in and after multiple efforts (and much ranting profanity) couldn't get it to display either.   

I tried re-downloading the pack.  Couldn't get it to display.  

This is where it starts to get weird...

While I was unsuccessfully trying to get the logos to display again, I successfully got facepacks and kits displaying!

Just now I FINALLY got logos to work.  The only thing I did differently was instead of putting the logo kit in a sub-folder in graphics called "logos" I just put it in the "graphics" folder, without a sub-folder.

Weird.   Weirder still is that "facepacks" and "kits" ARE in sub folders of "graphics" folder.

I am certain I didn't do anything differently except not have a sub folder "logos" in the "graphics" folder.

While I am curious to figure out the why, I aint foolish enough to risk it not working again.

Hello Guys,

I am able to use the logo pack, but for some reason the game does not see any skin I am placing to the skins folder, which is at the correct place, same folder as the graphics, which is working. Restarting doesn't help. Anyone knows how to fix this? Use skin cache is unticked and reload skin is ticked.

If you're on Mac. The folder has moved for FM 2020.

Follow these steps.

Finder - Go (Hold down Option Key) - Library - Application Support - Sports Interactive - Football Manager 2020.

Create Graphics folder, insert your downloaded files there, load FM 2020, Reload Skin. 

You're welcome.

Edited by Jamieandthehalo

• 2 weeks later...

Same problem here,

I've copied the files that i'm using and pasted those in the graphics the folder on a friend's computer.

On my pc everything is working (faces, logo's and kits) however on my friend's computer only the logo's and kits are working.. no faces tho...

Any others things I can try?

• 1 month later...

Hello,

I have the same prtoblem and i does a test like, i copy my Graphics folder and i put it on fm 2019 to try the packs, and they work on fm 2019 so the problem is not us, the problem is the game (fm 2020) i guess he have some bugs or something... bcs the packs are good is juste the game dont relaod the graphics folder ... its dumb...

My faces graphics have stopped working since i started a new save. I have the game on both a PC and a Mac using the same facepack. The graphics do not load into the game on either computer and i have followed all the steps, both for the new way on Mac and typical way on PC. Anyone else struggling with this or is there a way to fix this issue?

• 1 month later...
On 29/11/2019 at 22:59, ScheveStek said:

Same problem here,

I've copied the files that i'm using and pasted those in the graphics the folder on a friend's computer.

On my pc everything is working (faces, logo's and kits) however on my friend's computer only the logo's and kits are working.. no faces tho...

Any others things I can try?

did you find a solution ? 

• 1 month later...

Hi, the same thing has also just happened to me as of today! I have been using logos and facepacks since FM 2020 came out, then suddenly today I loaded my saved game and none of the graphics/logos or faces are showing in the game (even though they are in the usual folder), no idea why. Already I tried deleting the cache and reloading the skin a few times. Though I was playing around a bit during the last 2 weeks via Rockstar Games support to try and get GTA 5 to work, so it's possible something they told me has now changed my settings so FM 2020 graphics are not showing...anyway if I find out what has happened I will post here! Thank you in advance if anyone has any ideas

Same with me. I was using the logo pack, but one day suddenly, after an update of steam for the game, the logos disappeared. I am trying to find the reason, but nobody knows. Does anybody here has a solution to provide please?

5 hours ago, fakidimi said:

Same with me. I was using the logo pack, but one day suddenly, after an update of steam for the game, the logos disappeared. I am trying to find the reason, but nobody knows. Does anybody here has a solution to provide please?

Hi! No, still not sure and no one seems to know, I think it's related to Steam somehow also, as nothing changed with my download of FM

• 4 weeks later...

I have a similar issue. On my PC all the files load perfectly with graphics, logos and faces. Once I open on my mac the logos are correct on the large images but incorrect in the small preview  like in the schedule interface (see pic). I have placed my files in the correct spots, and even double checked with the PC to make sure it followed the same format. Can anyone figure out how to match the logos and possibly how to get my faces to show up. 

Thanks

image0.jpeg

• 3 weeks later...

I got a solution that worked for me. put your logos into -  Documents\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2020\graphics\pictures

You may need to create a folder called pictures and put it in the graphics folder, then clear cache.

Good luck hope it works for you.

C:\Users\Documents\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2020\graphics\pictures\logos

Edited by Jason Clarke

• 2 weeks later...
On 15/04/2020 at 04:01, Msanchez said:

I have a similar issue. On my PC all the files load perfectly with graphics, logos and faces. Once I open on my mac the logos are correct on the large images but incorrect in the small preview  like in the schedule interface (see pic). I have placed my files in the correct spots, and even double checked with the PC to make sure it followed the same format. Can anyone figure out how to match the logos and possibly how to get my faces to show up. 

Thanks

image0.jpeg

did you have any luck with this lol? just happened to me

• 5 months later...
7 hours ago, Torlo said:

This just happened to me too, for no reason none of my graphics are loading up at all yet my editor data is working fine.

Try clearing your cache via FM preferences :thup:

Edited by john1

• 2 months later...

Does anyone know what to do I'm on football manager 2021 I've installed a player face pack in which it worked for a while until it's stopped working totally. All the Licensed team player faces are all gone and I've uninstalled FM and Reinstalled it again and it's still done nothing what should I do anyone ?

• 3 weeks later...

Hello not sure if anyone still comes here im having an issue where kits are not showing up correctly....i have kits for lower leagues in england im managing Herne Bay FC my home kit shows up but the away one does not....the kit image is inside the folder i see it as the yellow away kit but ingame it just shows up as a black kit ? the config file looks good so i dont understand why it wont show up ? any help is appreciated...im on FM 20

the lines in the config seem to be fine .

<record from="hernebay_1" to="graphics/pictures/team/5103798/kits/home"/>
<record from="hernebay_2" to="graphics/pictures/team/5103798/kits/away"/>

and the kit which i will attach is in the graphics folder....ive cleared the cache reloaded the skin loads of times and still no kit

hernebay_2.png

23 hours ago, keuk85 said:

Hello not sure if anyone still comes here im having an issue where kits are not showing up correctly....i have kits for lower leagues in england im managing Herne Bay FC my home kit shows up but the away one does not....the kit image is inside the folder i see it as the yellow away kit but ingame it just shows up as a black kit ? the config file looks good so i dont understand why it wont show up ? any help is appreciated...im on FM 20

and the kit which i will attach is in the graphics folder....ive cleared the cache reloaded the skin loads of times and still no kit

hernebay_2.png

Looks like they don't have an away kit set in the database so you'll need to use either pre-game or in-game editor (if you have it) to give them an away kit. If you only have the pre-game editor then you'll need to start a new game to see the kit you've added.

• 1 year later...
On 17/01/2021 at 17:14, keuk85 said:

hernebay_2.png

I live near Herne Bay! Chances!