• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

19 hours ago, Neil Brock said:

Because we feel the whole point of being a football manager and playing a simulation is to manage your football team. If you don't manage during the actual matches, you're not really being a football manager.

The option is available in Football Manager Touch as we feel this is a slightly more arcadey version rather than a simulation. 

Some members of the community have for previous FM's created skins to try and bring these into the full version but these are not supported and can potentially cause issues with your game. 

Thanks for your answer.

I understand.
But it would be nice if it would be possible to add it in the settings menu, so people do not need to download the unsupported skins.

Just now, Monkey2018 said:

Thanks for your answer.

I understand.
But it would be nice if it would be possible to add it in the settings menu, so people do not need to download the unsupported skins.

It isn't designed to work with Full FM and potentially causes a number of problems, it wouldn't just be a case of adding the option for it, it would require a huge amount of work for a feature which we don't feel is appropriate for the game. 

5 hours ago, Neil Brock said:

It isn't designed to work with Full FM and potentially causes a number of problems, it wouldn't just be a case of adding the option for it, it would require a huge amount of work for a feature which we don't feel is appropriate for the game. 

I find this to be a bit obtuse.  So because you guys don't feel a feature is appropriate (regardless of what your customers feel), that means it's not even considered?  That's a bit ridiculous isn't it.  I know for a fact that there are ALOT of players that download those instant results skins and use them because they don't play every game.  I myself usually sim 3-4 games, then play one, then sim 3 more, and play another.  We like to get through many years for the football clubs we manage, and it can be alot of games to completely rebuild a club into a winner.  

I don't see a reason why this can't even be looked at for future versions.  And to be fair, I've never run into an issue using an Instant Result skin.

Edited by extremeskins04
On 31/10/2019 at 18:31, Neil Brock said:

Because we feel the whole point of being a football manager and playing a simulation is to manage your football team. If you don't manage during the actual matches, you're not really being a football manager.

The option is available in Football Manager Touch as we feel this is a slightly more arcadey version rather than a simulation. 

Some members of the community have for previous FM's created skins to try and bring these into the full version but these are not supported and can potentially cause issues with your game. 

While I agree with your reasoning it is contradicted by being able to holiday...

What a load of self centered, condesending rubbish. I can count on 1 hand how many matches I watch throughout a season. This is a game and this is how I like to play the game. Just because I instant result doesn't mean ''I'm not being a football manager''.

49 minutes ago, KUBI said:

There is already an instant result skin with the three original FM skins available. Just google for it.

Yeah but these skins can cause troubles like Neil Brock just said above:

"It isn't designed to work with Full FM and potentially causes a number of problems,"

6 minutes ago, potbellypigs said:

What a load of self centered, condesending rubbish. I can count on 1 hand how many matches I watch throughout a season.

Really? I find that so surprising that somebody would play a game like this and not watch the games. What on earth are you working towards?

I totally agree with Neil; it isn't Football Manager to simply click a button to skip games willy nilly. Surely there are other management games that would be more to your liking though?

To be fair, I'm playing the game the same way at the moment and I'm cool with that. I still consider that I'm being the manager and it doesn't bother me in the slightest that people wouldn't share that opinion - I give zero ***** what other peoples' opinion are :D I just wouldn't get riled up and respond about it like that.

5 minutes ago, Spo_Kesperson said:

I totally agree with Neil; it isn't Football Manager to simply click a button to skip games willy nilly. Surely there are other management games that would be more to your liking though?

After I won the league,(I am mostly champion around the beginning of March), and also friendly matches instant results would be handy.

2 minutes ago, Monkey2018 said:

After I won the league,(I am mostly champion around the beginning of March), and also friendly matches instant results would be handy.

But wouldn't you miss out on furthering the development of fringe or youth players if you instant result it from March? Also friendly matches can be rather delicate when you're nurturing 22 players back to match sharpness. 

Perhaps it comes down to there being a huge difference between people that play short term saves and those that enjoy long term.

22 minutes ago, potbellypigs said:

What a load of self centered, condesending rubbish. I can count on 1 hand how many matches I watch throughout a season. This is a game and this is how I like to play the game. Just because I instant result doesn't mean ''I'm not being a football manager''.

@Neil Brock I'll have you know I am a proper manager :kriss:

But in all seriousness the two games are designed this way for a reason. Full FM is designed to be fully immersive so instant result doesn't fit. FMT takes liberties to provide a faster game to play. We're still proper managers ;) 

Instant Result isn't suited for full FM and has a number of issues just using it with people hacking it into their skins.

2 hours ago, Gunnersmoke said:

While I agree with your reasoning it is contradicted by being able to holiday...

Not really, if you holiday you don't get the reputation boosts and awards that a manager would get for managing the matches. 

1 hour ago, Lucas said:

@Neil Brock I'll have you know I am a proper manager :kriss:

But in all seriousness the two games are designed this way for a reason. Full FM is designed to be fully immersive so instant result doesn't fit. FMT takes liberties to provide a faster game to play. We're still proper managers ;) 

Instant Result isn't suited for full FM and has a number of issues just using it with people hacking it into their skins.

Could you name some of these issues? Anything game-breaking?

I've used the instant result button before and haven't encountered any problems - I do however understand the decision to not include it in the base game, ultimately you know what's best for your game.

Cheers

i'm sorry @Neil Brock but i do find your reasons ridiculous and believe its lazy.

In real life, REAL MANAGERS DO have the option for their staff to take control over a match. so in fact, having such feature would make the game more realistic. you include this option for friendlies so why not for competitive matches?

some users, like me, love watching full games. but cup competitions, specially the smaller cups, i like to instant result as its time consuming and boring to watch your kids playing against teams 4 leagues below me. and like i said, REAL MANAGERS DO have the option for their staff to take control over matches. 

by your logic for not adding "instant result" then why are things like press conference easy for you to skip. skipping them or letting my assistant manager, by your logic, isn't being like a "real manager"

3 minutes ago, afizzyuk said:

i'm sorry @Neil Brock but i do find your reasons ridiculous and believe its lazy.

In real life, REAL MANAGERS DO have the option for their staff to take control over a match. so in fact, having such feature would make the game more realistic. you include this option for friendlies so why not for competitive matches?

some users, like me, love watching full games. but cup competitions, specially the smaller cups, i like to instant result as its time consuming and boring to watch your kids playing against teams 4 leagues below me. and like i said, REAL MANAGERS DO have the option for their staff to take control over matches. 

by your logic for not adding "instant result" then why are things like press conference easy for you to skip. skipping them or letting my assistant manager, by your logic, isn't being like a "real manager"

If it means that much to you, you can either play FMT, or download a skin that incorporates instant result into it.

the key words here is in the opening sentence...."because WE feel.."

Just now, kevhamster said:

If it means that much to you, you can either play FMT, or download a skin that incorporates instant result into it.

it doesnt mean much to me. making the game better and more realistic does. and in real life, this option is available to "real managers" so should be available to us for maximum realisation. their reasoning to not add it is more of a selfish one other than for making the game better for its customers...trying to add it is harmless, as users do not have to use if they dont, so their not making the game any worse

47 minutes ago, afizzyuk said:

the key words here is in the opening sentence...."because WE feel.."

43 minutes ago, afizzyuk said:

it doesnt mean much to me. making the game better and more realistic does. and in real life, this option is available to "real managers" so should be available to us for maximum realisation. their reasoning to not add it is more of a selfish one other than for making the game better for its customers...trying to add it is harmless, as users do not have to use if they dont, so their not making the game any worse

It's perfectly fine to disagree. What isn't, is insulting the devs by calling them lazy. Neil has taken the time to share SI's view on a feature (or the lack of it) which isn't something they do very often. Frankly, I don't see why they share anything at all when the next response is "you're just lazy". They have a vision for the game and what they want it to be. That's why the post started by "we feel".

----

My own view is that I can see why it's not in full fat FM. Our hands aren't tied if we want to 'skip' matches though. There's the option of FMT, of course, but for those 'meaningless' cup matches against minnows, as in your example, you can go on holiday.

Just now, herne79 said:

Adding to @HUNT3R's post (whose forum picture is going to get replaced by a George Cross soon); if you feel that strongly about adding it in you need to start a new thread asking for it in the Features Request Forum.

:stop:

On 01/11/2019 at 20:17, potbellypigs said:

What a load of self-centered, condescending rubbish. I can only assume you were referencing your own post. 

8 minutes ago, metallimuse said:

The idea that people 'play' the game but don't play the match is BAFFLING to me, why are you even bothering?

I think if you feel that way, you're definitely not one of those people.  :D

Could be time related in that they don't have a lot of time to play in general and/or that other aspects are more appealing like buying and selling players, getting youth intakes, developing youth and seeing how they improve and do over the years etc.

2 minutes ago, HUNT3R said:

I think if you feel that way, you're definitely not one of those people.  :D

Could be time related in that they don't have a lot of time to play in general and/or that other aspects are more appealing like buying and selling players, getting youth intakes, developing youth and seeing how they improve and do over the years etc.

But you live for Saturday 3 o'clock surely? I love developing my youth, scouting about to try find a young prodigy, building my club up to try for trophies but...it all builds to the Saturday at 3 o'clock. The match is EVERYTHING surely? Why are you playing if not to manage your team?

12 minutes ago, metallimuse said:

Why are you playing if not to manage your team?

Well, tbf, they'd still be managing the team, just not matches. Buuuuuut, then it's more of a DoF type of play through. That's not my style at all, but I can understand that people want different things and are interested in different things.

33 minutes ago, Soviet said:

Maybe they like all the other aspects of the game.

Time, not everyone has the time to sit through matches but like to progress their game a considerable amount of time in the game world. I like playing the full version of the game because of some of the features available but I also like to try to get through multiple seasons. 

Ive used the "instant" result skins for a few years now and I much prefer that option. People make the skins so its all good but I dont really see why SI cant/wont include the option in an offical skin but im not a game maker programmer so thats one reason I dont understand it. 

While I understand SI's reasons not to include Instant Result, and disagree with those who are demanding it, I do have times I like to have instant results.

Playing LLM, there are times the season is basically dominated, tanked or i'm hating playing said leagues with weird rules, and just want to reach the end of the season.

Having Instant Result skins is a solution, and I've never seen any issues with it so far (I don't use it that much tbh)

1 hour ago, HUNT3R said:

It's perfectly fine to disagree. What isn't, is insulting the devs by calling them lazy. Neil has taken the time to share SI's view on a feature (or the lack of it) which isn't something they do very often. Frankly, I don't see why they share anything at all when the next response is "you're just lazy". They have a vision for the game and what they want it to be. That's why the post started by "we feel".

----

My own view is that I can see why it's not in full fat FM. Our hands aren't tied if we want to 'skip' matches though. There's the option of FMT, of course, but for those 'meaningless' cup matches against minnows, as in your example, you can go on holiday.

im not calling the Devs lazy, i'm saying that particular response to why instant result isnt added was, at least sounded to me. and i dont believe its truthful either. hey, im not shooting them down, like i said, i play the full game, but understand its a useful tool for different customers for many different reasons. FM put soo much time and effort in the match engine, lots of investment too, so i understand why they don't want to add it, but their response was easy to argue against. "real managers" don't use it, is kind of slap a in the face to those who do use it. 

im not demanding instant result, i've been playing the game, for years, perfectly without it, but its a useful tool, and something like your assistant manager to take over a match is an option for real managers in real life, since this is a simulation, it could be added here too to make the game more "realistic". if they came out and just said the real reason ( i don't believe they can sum up the real reason in such short explanation) then it would've been accepted. being a football manager is much more than just managing matches, so to say "If you don't manage during the actual matches, you're not really being a football manager."  isnt true, neither do i believe they believe that.

1 minute ago, afizzyuk said:

im not calling the Devs lazy, i'm saying that particular response to why instant result isnt added was, at least sounded to me. and i dont believe its truthful either. hey, im not shooting them down, like i said, i play the full game, but understand its a useful tool for different customers for many different reasons. FM put soo much time and effort in the match engine, lots of investment too, so i understand why they don't want to add it, but their response was easy to argue against. "real managers" don't use it, is kind of slap a in the face to those who do use it. 

im not demanding instant result, i've been playing the game, for years, perfectly without it, but its a useful tool, and something like your assistant manager to take over a match is an option for real managers in real life, since this is a simulation, it could be added here too to make the game more "realistic". if they came out and just said the real reason ( i don't believe they can sum up the real reason in such short explanation) then it would've been accepted. being a football manager is much more than just managing matches, so to say "If you don't manage during the actual matches, you're not really being a football manager."  isnt true, neither do i believe they believe that.

Okay, so you weren't calling them lazy, but rather liars? That's the last time that happens. Have a read of this : 

Neil took time during a busy schedule (FM20 release around the corner) to respond. The least you can do (even if you don't agree) is be civil. I've also added that you can just go on holiday, which also leaves your assistant in charge AND Herne added that you can always post a feature request.

Some horrible, entitled brats aside, I do understand the wanting of an instant result button at certain times. It's not really my kind of way of playing, but I can see why someone would use it to rush past seasons and focus on transfers and training. And since some users would more like to be a DoF, then by all means.

That said, it's not hard to find skins that gives this option, so all these kinds of whining are quite perplexing.

SI says it goes against their vision of the game and I personally feel they shouldn't waste even a moment of development time on this feature when so many better ideas have yet to be implemented.

The people wanting to play as a DoF (instant results) have options to do so (holiday & fanmade skins), this whole thread is a non-issue blown way out of proportions.

I download an instant result skin and use it maybe 4 or 5 times a season for the odd pre season games or friendly matches during international breaks to get squad players match fitness up.

The amount of downloads these skins get clearly shows it’s something many FM players use and something the community wants. 

SI should cater for these people and provide the option for people to use it. 

2 minutes ago, Whatawaster95 said:

I download an instant result skin and use it maybe 4 or 5 times a season for the odd pre season games or friendly matches during international breaks to get squad players match fitness up.

The amount of downloads these skins get clearly shows it’s something many FM players use and something the community wants. 

SI should cater for these people and provide the option for people to use it. 

There's no "should" about it.  They design the game as they see fit.

Just now, Whatawaster95 said:

Devs not catering to or listening to the communities wants isn’t a good idea. 

Not if the community wants things the devs don't. I've seen quite a lot asking for more or less "The SIMS FM style" to buy clothes, cars and houses. And I REALLY don't hope SI caters to that part of the community!

2 minutes ago, XaW said:

Not if the community wants things the devs don't. I've seen quite a lot asking for more or less "The SIMS FM style" to buy clothes, cars and houses. And I REALLY don't hope SI caters to that part of the community!

That’s something a very small number of people want though, no point in comparing such a thing.

When you see skins getting made that only add an instant result button on top of the base game skin getting over 60k downloads on one fan website. To me that’s pretty clear evidence it’s something the community want.

1 minute ago, Whatawaster95 said:

That’s something a very small number of people want though, no point in comparing such a thing.

When you see skins getting made that only add an instant result button on top of the base game skin getting over 60k downloads on one fan website. To me that’s pretty clear evidence it’s something the community want.

Yes, I don't disagree with that, but once again, if the devs are clearly saying "this is not a feature we want" as Neil have done, then the fans will have to decide if this is something that will cause them to stop buying the game. Either way, it's no use asking (and in some entitled brats case, demanding) for it when they have been as clear as they are. Use the custom skin, or holiday, or simply play the game as intended.

(and I still understand the reason for wanting it, I'm just point out that the devs are pretty clear on this point, and refusing that makes this whole thread moot)

12 minutes ago, Whatawaster95 said:

Devs not catering to or listening to the communities wants isn’t a good idea. 

Really?

Many didn't like the system in Red Dead Redemption 2 where you eating or not affected your character's stats - not only did Rockstar not offer the option to play without this, they didn't get a representative to explain to the fanbase the reason this was a feature.  People had to accept the dev's creative vision.  And they've done OK.

Also, I'm a huge fan of Def Leppard.  13 years ago, they released a covers album.  I wasn't massively keen on it, and thought some of the song choices were a bit odd.  A lot of the fans felt the same way.  That said, I had to accept their right, as creative people, to do as they they please with their product.  They're still going strong, and are still selling out arenas across the world.

So, those two examples may well be a bit of a stretch compared to what we're talking about, but the point remains the same.  

SI have taken this decision with their product, and I don't see a huge clamouring for them to do otherwise, aside from a thread occasionally popping up like this one.  And the other difference here is that there are ways round it - either by playing the Touch version of the game, or by downloading a fan made skin with the option modded in.

Edited by kevhamster

Listening doesn't mean "do what you're told", quite frankly. Just because the "most requested" features doesn't necessarily mean a great strategic fit for certain titles either.

We do listen and actively discuss people's ideas. Just because they don't make their way into the game or haven't yet doesn't mean the community hasn't been listened to. 

There are literally hundreds of ideas that have come from the forums alone. 

Anyone whose going all Helen Lovejoy about this, I want you to sit down and think for a moment.

Imagine a version of FM where everything that people wanted gets put into the game.  Everything.  Even if it contradicts another feature, even if it's ridiculous, even if it's demonstrably a bad idea.  Thinking of it?  See how utterly dreadful it looks?

Now stop being so entitled.  It's embarrassing.

• FrazT locked this topic