Season Review 2254/55

Drop in performance as usual when competing in Europe and finished 8th

Lost Final of FA Cup to Palace. Palace are dominating at the moment, only losing two PL games in the season as well

20201012170058_1.thumb.jpg.a450c2896366bde57817b5cc232e6bd6.jpg

My son left again, this time to manage League One Hull City

20201012121605_1.thumb.jpg.f8c0b1c43b3e49d6083254ebab056638.jpg

Youth intake was slightly better and gives the HOYD another year

Kyle DIxon-Blair is labelled the next Micheal Owen

Y20201012145514_1.thumb.jpg.e6bccca7f770e6ecadba54e43816b999.jpg

Edited by Padders
  • Replies 5.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

180px-Foggia_Calcio_logo.png

2022-23 - Italian Serie C/C

SACKED!

Third season and I got sacked.  And to be honest, I was glad I got sacked, since I lost the dressing room.  It all started with this sale. Severini was growing unhappy and even though I looked at his contract and made him one of the best paid players at the club, and even though he had a 20m release clause, there was nothing stopping him leaving.  I resisted the clubs in August, however in January, a lot of Serie A clubs came hoofing around him, and I had to give in to his demands.  I noticed that in the league he was dreadful, scoring only a handful of goals until January, so I thought I would get a good sum for him before he started unsettling the team.  However, the effect of his sale was bad on the team, especially the experienced players.  They turned against me for selling one of the best players at the club, and this followed a series of very bad results / (2), which led to the board giving me an ultimatum and eventually sacking me. These were the final ratings of the squad before I left. That brings to an end my stay in Italy!  

CLUB HISTORY

Season League Pos Coppa Italia Coppa Italia C Champions League Europa League Notes
2020-2021 Serie C/C 9th 2nd Rnd 2nd Rnd X X Lost 1stRnd Playoff
2021-2022 Serie C/C 6th N/A 2nd Rnd X X Lost 2ndRnd Playoff

TEAM HISTORY

Season Best Player Top Scorer Best Prospect TOTS Squad Intake
2020/21 Matteo Gerbaudo Francesco Russo (13) Nunzio Severini_YP21a Best 11 Squad Intake
2021/22 Filippo Gemmi Nunzio Servini_YP21a (16) Nunzio Servini_YP21a Best 11 Squad Intake

PLAYER AWARDS

Season Golden Boot POTY YPOTY TOTY
2020-21       Ermanno Fumagalli
2021-22        

TROPHY CABINET

MANAGER ACHIEVEMENTS

1200px-FC_United_of_Manchester_crest_svg.thumb.png.fede2bcc5d0fabed314bccb9b80968be.png

2037/38 (season 18)

Premier League

Finish: 9th

Season Summary

A familiar story really. Second highest scorers in the league but we conceded 98, by far the most. The combination of a Champions League attack, a league 1 defence and a ridiculously attacking tactic i guess. We are just as likely to win 5-3 as we are to lose 6-2 but with the players we have i don't really know what else to do. It's fun if nothing else!

Players

Koto Kawano 32A - Now a world class player and fuclrum of the England attack. Won the golden boot for the fourth season running. he started the season poorly though as he'd decided he wanted to leave. I said fine as long as somebody met his 96m release fee. Nobody did and in February he decided he wanted to stay after all so he signed a new contract. I can't get rid of that 96m release fee though. 

Juddy Mutombo 30A - Another international! not for France, but England. Only the one cap but it was nice to have two players leading the line for the national team

Deon Jackman 34A - the final part of the triumvarate. Still only twenty and still improving. honestly, with these three up front we can beat anybody on our day. Or lose 8-3.

Youth

Lots of green lines but no golden generation

38youthpreview.JPG.692ea6af4f5367e0a578329e8f001f18.JPG

Since maxing out our youth facilities we've had disappointing intakes and this was no different really. 4 seasons without a 4 star talent, which probably just shows how ridiculously lucky we were 2027-2032 really. Probably a couple of good future squad players in there

38youthintake.JPG.acec9f86a85d672bbab0bd838b00242a.JPG

Finances and Improvements

300m and nothing to spend it on!

38seasonsummary.JPG.8caf4a97bfeec199f5a7217d3a5a5fdc.JPG

1200px-Donegal_Celtic_FC_logo_svg.thumb.png.28ca5f67ee1f5133be5c64ae1a7783a4.png

Season 20-21

Well this was an interesting season, I don't think I've made a start like this before:

350113046_DonegalCeltic_Fixtures.thumb.png.3b3c7e8c180efa915c216c6ad8e69125.png

I was convinced that my form would drop off, however this is how the season ended.

663597627_NIFLPremierIntermediateLeague_Stages.thumb.png.77bcd66eccc3d1c8e6ef369ad780aaae.png

Top Scorer - Michael McClory - 18 goals

Top Scorer (League) - Declan Monaghan 8 goals

Highest Av Rating - Kevin Trainor 7.28

I also won the Toals Steel & Sons Cup

The youth intake looks like it could have some promise but no-one really stood out.

The aim for next season is survival.

Edited by Swindon69

Season Review 2255/56

Another top 10 finish but can't break into top 4.

20201013162040_1.thumb.jpg.7b2abcabb0c5b547d9f463ae5c053c50.jpg

Youth intake poor again with no decent foreign players, so HOYD sacked and new one bought in

20201013142656_1.thumb.jpg.da7d3016937457293810382bfd51628f.jpg

Really need 3/4 decent players in the next couple of intakes.

My best players are now in their 30's and with my best striker still going at 37 yrs old

Edited by Padders

If I wanted to do Northern Ireland, do I holiday for a season and then take on the bottom club?  No relegation that I can see from the bottom tier.  @XaWyou know most things on this thread.  Any ideas?

1 hour ago, DazRTaylor said:

If I wanted to do Northern Ireland, do I holiday for a season and then take on the bottom club?  No relegation that I can see from the bottom tier.  @XaWyou know most things on this thread.  Any ideas?

Yeah, I noticed that myself last time I had a look around. I'm not sure. We had something similar with Holland a few years ago, I think, but not sure. @darren1983, any thoughts?

6 minutes ago, XaW said:

Yeah, I noticed that myself last time I had a look around. I'm not sure. We had something similar with Holland a few years ago, I think, but not sure. @darren1983, any thoughts?

Yeah we had this with Holland, I think we removed them from the challenge for a bit, probably a bit late in the day of this game to remove a country now (will have to check on this when 21 comes out and make a call) so if there's no relegation in 2nd season (think Holland, again, had this) then this is probably the only work around for now yeah:

1 hour ago, DazRTaylor said:

Ok chaps, @darren1983& @XaW, I have figured it out.  Northern Ireland's third tier starts with eleven teams, which is increased to twelve after the first season.  So you need to holiday to 2 May 2021 and save the game.  Then holiday until 25 June 2021 for the season renewal date and a newly promoted team is playable.  Darren, could you please update the OP?  Many thanks.

59 minutes ago, DazRTaylor said:

Ok chaps, @darren1983& @XaW, I have figured it out.  Northern Ireland's third tier starts with eleven teams, which is increased to twelve after the first season.  So you need to holiday to 2 May 2021 and save the game.  Then holiday until 25 June 2021 for the season renewal date and a newly promoted team is playable.  Darren, could you please update the OP?  Many thanks.

I mentioned this on the previous page, would be good to have more people playing in N.I with this challenge. When I was reloading I could only get either Donegal Celtic or Belfast Celtic, although I probably only tried about 10 times.

32 minutes ago, Sn00gle said:

Ss there any expert from English league? Is there any chance to get FC Romania in this challegne ?:D I just found it that its team generating English/Romanian players nice fedder club lol.

Never been playable in my game

20201014133215_1.thumb.jpg.7cb8205728dcc5b0b070c5f52023f653.jpg

4 hours ago, DazRTaylor said:

Second season a team is added to the bottom tier and the relegation slot is added at the same time.

1109433258_1._FC_Gloria_Bistria_logo.png.de5f828eafb6e9b7e86a3913b6a6aa9f.png

1. Fotbal Club Gloria Bistrița, Liga II, Romania

LeagueCupAll fixtures / ReviewAwards 

FacilitiesTransfersSquadIntake

As the old adage goes, "It was a game of two halves", as was our season. We did well for a newly promoted team in the first half of the season and February as well but we then showed the kind of form you would probably expect for a new promoted side in the final three months of the season. I don't have any complaints though as after 3 failed starts in this challenge in the Dutch league I was happy to just find a club and to complete a season.

We were predicted to be last so to finish 12th I thought was a good return and next year I'll be looking to have us finishing around the same if I'm honest. I think we should be aiming for mid-table for the next few years and establish ourselves and blood through some youngsters before we start trying for promotions.

Talking of next year though, my three strikers this year are all off this summer with top scorer Dennis Sighiartău probably going to be a big miss as he was far and away my most consistent goal scorer this year so we could be in for difficult times. All three were out of contract and I decided to allow them to leave as the Romanian league has rules that there must be at least 1 under 20 player trained by a club in Romania in the playing 11 and one under 18 player so I thought I'd promote the kids into the strike force next summer so I don't have to worry about rotating players in to account for the rules.

I had a decent enough intake and as a club there is bags of potential in the under 19s but the personalities are pretty rubbish so I'm not sure if the players will hit the heights.

On to season two!

tracker.thumb.png.69ecd622f53ac662f2bbb6740775ad79.png

4 hours ago, DazRTaylor said:

3 hours ago, jcoll said:

I mentioned this on the previous page, would be good to have more people playing in N.I with this challenge. When I was reloading I could only get either Donegal Celtic or Belfast Celtic, although I probably only tried about 10 times.

2 hours ago, DazRTaylor said:

I have holidayed through three seasons as I only ever got Belfast Celtic or Donegal Celtic.  Now in the third season, I am getting different teams.

Damnit, you made me pause Portugal...

1 hour ago, Swindon69 said:

The enormous frustration at Donegal is the inability to have anything but NC players initially.

Yeah mate, good tactic is keep your youth players on youth contracts for as long as possible so then you can actually get some sort of compensation if one of the top division teams come in for them.

16 minutes ago, jcoll said:

Nice one! I've never seen them become playable, Stuart Dallas actually came through their system before joing Crusaders.

Nice, I didn't know that! :)

It's also quite fitting that I, as a Norwegian, are currently watching the Norway - Northern Ireland match. I'm the link here! :D

Edit: And, I just got this to prove your point!

D9ED2GM.png

Edited by XaW
3 hours ago, jcoll said:

Yeah mate, good tactic is keep your youth players on youth contracts for as long as possible so then you can actually get some sort of compensation if one of the top division teams come in for them.

Sadly my board will only let me offer NC youth terms too.

7 hours ago, Swindon69 said:

Sadly my board will only let me offer NC youth terms too.

I'm managing Donegal Celtic too, just let the assistant sign them when he gives you a recommended list of players then they should be on youth contracts on £1 p/w for 3 years.

1 hour ago, jcoll said:

I'm managing Donegal Celtic too, just let the assistant sign them when he gives you a recommended list of players then they should be on youth contracts on £1 p/w for 3 years.

Ah thanks.

Season Review 2256/57

Still struggling to break into top 4. 5th place this time which means Europa and then tend to struggle in PL

20201014153013_1.thumb.jpg.d82f413f148c418a33dc6c0f983d56c4.jpg

My first Youth Intake from my new HOYD was absolutely awful

Getting desperate for some real quality

20201014134024_1.thumb.jpg.517e46d64277816c8d4aa5ce1726f693.jpg20201014095639_1.thumb.jpg.8d1778506c790df4a69be1bfaa7da92c.jpg

My Dutch star striker Juanito Rietberg has finally retired at 37 years old

215 international caps and 98 goals

738 league appearances and  392 goals

20201014153035_1.thumb.jpg.226e61574aec93b0315ba1ea0596808e.jpg20201014155000_1.thumb.jpg.c078d100cdee7597045f4bc353248ade.jpg20201014153021_1.thumb.jpg.c59b26c0a5e60b17257066884fed0669.jpg20201014153032_1.thumb.jpg.83f6b6c5637f5285e1568f387ef9c972.jpg

And my son has gone back to L1 West Ham as manager after getting sacked from there a few years ago!
20201014135442_1.thumb.jpg.d6a2e12f6fdd2bfacad9371ac462c576.jpg

Still after all these years this gave never ceases to amaze me

Five great wins and five clean sheers takes us to up 2nd (Brighton were 3rd when I played them)

I am then coasting against Blackburn and draw 2-2 after leading 2-0

Since then can't win a game including latest result against 19th placed Shrewsbury with an absolute howler from the keeper

20201015102344_1.thumb.jpg.308b47db904cdd536e027e3bbff8bbb0.jpg

23 minutes ago, metallimuse said:

@Padders just how old is your manager now? :lol:

Have you only had the one son in all this time?

I couldnae imagine getting sacked after all these years at the club, I'd be devastated :lol:

Yeah only had the one son

Managers age caps at 100 yrs old, I am 277 yrs old!

Yeah would be pretty gutting to get sacked now, have been very close a couple of teams (very insecure and E Board confidence, screenshots are in this thread somewhere)

Just really want to win Champions League before FM21 comes out, got about 2/3 weeks to do it!

9c6e19bbfb.png

SC BASTIA 20/21 SEASON 1

Profile at start and season preview

Season 1 20/21

League finished 7th and quite satisfied with that. Had some slumps in the middle with 7 or 8 games without a win. Hoping to be more consistent next year.

Squad Had the top scorer and assist in the league in my team with Da Silva with 18 goals and Salles-Lamonge with 12 assists. Very inconsistent players and quite old core of the team. Trying to incorperate som youngsters to next season.

Transfers One signing happened before i got in charge.  I have lost one big talent to AJ Auxerre to next season but he has a "unambitious" personality so not something to cry over. I've had several bid at some talents but somehow my board accepted but then a could cancel the sell at the end anyway. Toulouse are chasing my biggest talent Henri Galibardi in the off-season.  

Finances I'm still in the positive zone. I turned professional after the season so that might be a big impact on next seasons result.

Youth intake a decent first intake with the brightest star in Frédéric Ridel. I don´t play with a DM so i'll try to make him a BBM i think. I also have some decent regens from the first season when I was not i charge.

a06967eb82.png

Edited by 3rik
Forgot last pic

CD Mensajero

cd-mensajero-logo-png-transparent.png

2036/2037

LaLiga – 12th - Europa Conference League - Winner

Fixtures (1) -- Fixtures (2)Fixtures (3) -- Stats -- Awards -- Season Review -- Transfer -- Overall Best XI -- Key Player -- Hot Prospect -- Finances

League: Our start to the season was our worst so far losing our opening 3 games and drawing the following 2 with just 2 goals to our name. We did pick up a little to stablise ourselves in a midtable position before we had another downturn seeing us actually flirting with relegation zone which saw a slight change in formation. The formation change had an immediate impact with us conceding just 4 goals in the following 10 games before we were hit for 8. The rest of the season saw in general inconsistent form though a better than usual defense but was only good enough for a midtable position.

Cup: An easy first two rounds before a 3rd round draw pitted us against Valencia where we lost on penalties after a 0-0 draw.

Europa Conference League: I wasn’t sure what to expect from this competition and thought we had a tough qualifying draw that ended up being straight forward. The group stage had Bournemouth as our toughest opponent who we beat 5-2 in the opening game to set the pace. We then won all but the return game against them to top the group.

Our knockout rounds were incredibly kind to us with Herenveen, Lokomotiv Moskow and Maritimo our path to the final avoiding facing Bournemouth again and Bayer Leverkusen with us drawing Inter in the final. It was a pretty dull game all told but we grabbed a second half goal which was enough to claim the victory.

Squad: Ayoze Echeverria 13a joined 4 of his fellow graduates from the 2033 intake and claim place in the first team, this largely due to our formation change. Aday Rosales 14b also came into the team at centre back.

Club Infrastructure: A new take over but nothing crazy, our stadium also was expanded to what I think will be it’s maximum capacity.

Players of the year

Jose Bonilla 10a: A very good season for Bonilla, not particulary prolific goalscoring wise in the league but he topped the assist charts in the league and in all competitions provided 15 goals and 26 assists which is very good.

Nauzet Gutierrez 13c: Two strikers in our player of the year award with Gutierrez being the higher scorer with 25 goals in all competitions with a creditable 15 of those in the league.  

Armando 11b: Our first choice centre back who also filled in a midfield spot when injuries required, he had a pretty solid season all round.

Youth Intake

Not an awful intake though, based on the preview I was expecting it to be a little better.

f9ab17cf2192bfc02e91fe6f253a7846.tif

Yan Luis Rubio 17a: I’m actually quite happy with this one Andoni Llorente 6a is doing very well in the left wing spot but there’s no real depth their so Rubio could be his long term replacement there.

Jose Cabrera 17b: No complaints from me ever about potential centre back options as it’s been in general our worst area in the intakes, though physically he is lacking quite a lot.

Moises 17c: Following in the long line of strikers who generate with no finishing ability. He’s some ok attributes so I could see him end up in a supporting striker role in the future.

Overview/Looking Ahead

A tough season in the league possibly due to fixture congestion and not a huge squad depth but our European showing was impressive. That said, I think I’d have preferred to lose the final to not have another season of extra games in a competition that I don’t see us having a chance of doing well.

With that in mind I expect to just have another mid table season in the league and that would probably be fine.

The story so far

103072baa5d0e5b71873cd46e2185add.tif

Youth Record Holders

ac4f794bb4f6a4a87be15b8b679294e6.tif

Coagh United FC

LOS9Gpv.png

Season 2022/23 (Season 1) Review - Belfast Telegraph Championship 2 - Northern Ireland

League | Squad | Transfers | Finances

Holy number of cups, Batman! I had forgotten how Northern Ireland just loves a good cup. For now, it's fine though, as only 22 league matches makes things manageable at any rate. We did struggle a bit before the intake, and I had to player players well out of position a few times. The starting squad was quite good though, so I had no reason to worry too much. And we were quite lucky with injuries to key players, so things went much better than expected. We were part of the top teams and fought for promotion for the most of the season, but in the end we fell just short. Still, a great start and now that I can actually have a full bench at all matches, I have hope we can do the same next season.

Cups

In the Irish Cup we beat Trojans before losing to top tier outfit Crusaders in the 5th round.

In the Irish Intermediate Cup we beat Rathfriland, Derriaghy, Bangor Ams, Strabane Ath, Maiden City and Cliftonville Oly to reach the final. Here we beat Larne Olympic to claim the title.

In the Mid-Ulster Cup we lost to Loughgall in the 1st round.

In the NIFL Cup we beat Annagh United before losing to Coleraine in the 2nd round.

Youth intake

2MpPgz8.pngIGdzcgO.png

Any intake would be good, but this was great, and a very special midfielder as well.

UnHHzpQ.png

The journey so far...

sBLIvlr.png

My second attempt at this challenge, decide to go to Serbia and take over OFK.

175px-OFK_Beograd.svg.png

OFK Beograd 

2020/2021

Champions PRVA Liga!!

New Manager |Profile / EndOfSeason | Competitions | Transfers | Facilities (Start/EOS) | Top Goalscorer  | POTS | ManOTS | TOTY | Youth Prospects / Youth Intake | EOS Awards | Tactic

The League (Fixtures 1/2 )
When I took over OFK, I noticed that there were a lot of central players, and not much talent on the wing, so I decided to go with my “Brasil” 4222 tactic, which worked wonders with this team.  Unexpectedly won the PRVA Liga (2nd tier) and got promoted.  I also won the Manager of the Year and our top player Andreja Lazovic won both the Top Goalscorer  and the player of the seasonWon the league title with 5 days to spare and as a result we also changed to a professional status. A very good season overall, which will see us compete with the best next season.

The Cups (Kup Srbija)

Nothing special in the Serbian Cup, being knocked in the 2nd Qual Rnd.  Did not really have any expectations anyways, was more concentrated on promotion.

The Players (Squad | Best 11 | EOS Awards )
Best player this season was undoubtedly Andreja Lazovic, who finished both Top Scorer of the league as well as the League and our best player. He scored a total of 23 goals and 5 assists in 34 appearances.  Second best was club captain Milos Krstic who started very strongly but faded at the end of the season.  Our young player of the season went to Arijas Cocaj who was a very consistent performer with 5 goals and 11 assists and I can see lots of big things for this lad if he stays with us.

Youth Intake Highlights

Marko Gasic_YP21a - Our most promising youngster who plays as striker and which I will also be training as a Shadow Striker.  Will he take Lazovic or Mitrovic’s place? Time will tell.

Sinisa Jovanovic_YP21b - Another paocher who most probably will be re-trained as an inside forward even though I do not play with that formation at the moment.

Uros Matanovic_YP21c - Will definitely give Zupanjac a good run for his money on the left wing back position.  He is a very technical player, who can even be better than Zupa.

Boban Dojcinovic_YP21d - Boban is a winger, who I am re-training as a Shadow Striker too. Nothing too loud to shout about yet, but has a lot of determination.

Nenad Basanovic_YP21e - Another young and promising goalie, to add to the already highly talented 3 I have at the club.  However I think he will be the main contender for Vranes place, in seasons to come.

The Finances

Finances
are looking really bad.  The chairman put a 200K cash injection in the middle of the season which helped a lot, however I cannot see how we can make money until we reach Europe, more so that we are going professionals now. I think I will need to sell some of our stars.

The Future

Future is looking bright.  Most of the team is still very young, which gives me hope of challenging the big guns in a few seasons if we manage to keep the nucleus of players.  Next season, the target would be to fight against relegation, and I am quite confident we can achieve that.

CLUB HISTORY

Season

League

Pos

Kup Srbija

Champions League

Europa League

Notes

2020-2021

Prva Liga

1st

2nd Rnd

X

X

Champions!

TEAM HISTORY

Season

Best Player

Top Scorer

Best Prospect

TOTS

Squad

Intake

2020/21

Andreja Lazovic

Andreja Lazovic (23)

Marko Gasic_YP21a

Best 11

Squad

Intake

PLAYER AWARDS

TROPHY CABINET

Season

2020-21

Champions (PRVA LIGA)

MANAGER ACHIEVEMENTS

Season

2020-21

Manager of the Season

Edited by jmonfu
1 hour ago, JWVG said:

:lol:

I'm starting the challenge with FC Putnok. Predicted to finish last, but I am hungary for success!

Vuf3uDz.png

I am gunna go Hungary in FM21 BETA, looking forward to seeing how you get on.

Ok, I really want to do this with East Kilbride in Scotland.  I have wanted to do this all season but there is an annoying bug in the first season they are promot€d.  Namely, they are not in the Scottish League Cup.  Is it worth swallowing this annoyance and playing anyway (they are in it in the second season) or not?

image.png.eb6337df10a07ed481a18195099e3f8e.png

Donegal Celtic

Season 2025/26 Review – Belfast Telegraph Championship – Northern Ireland

League (3rd)SquadTransfers Finances

Top Goalscorer – Duarte da Silva Xavier YP3J (24)

Top Average Rating – James Clarke YP2I (7.19)

Most Assists – Chris McBride YP4H (19)

We started the season brightly even though 4 of our starting players were poached by premiership teams. Larne bought James Morris YP5A and Russell Corbett YP4C for a combined £50k and were my first players who I made money from, Morris has went on to win caps for NI U21s and I managed to get a 50% sell on clause on the deal which will hopefully make me more money in the future.

As of Christmas we were top but eventually tailed off towards the end of the season and ultimately ended up in 3rd with one point more than last year. Unfortunately, this year we didn’t make it past the first play-off and got beat 8-5 on aggregate by Warrenpoint which included a 6-1 loss in the first leg. We had a brilliant cup run making the Irish Cup semis before losing to the best club in the country Crusaders in extra time.

We finally appear to be scoring goals with our striking duo getting 40 between them this year so I’m hopeful that we have enough about to finally get promoted last year. The youth intake this year wasn’t anything special with not a single player making the first team initially, although we got some interesting nationalities. To be honest we were due a worse intake as we've had fantastic players come through in previous seasons.

Youth Intake

784866263_candidates6.PNG.8798cdd05448aa5f7fc6d8e926bd18a7.PNG

Club Progress

1044093575_clubprogress6.thumb.PNG.e711482f35d34187297f1991ea3836c9.PNG

Good news!  I have got around the bug in Scotland detailed above.  I simply holidayed for two seasons and then I have taken over at East Kilbride.  They are in the League Cup.

Edited by DazRTaylor

Coagh United FC

LOS9Gpv.png

Season 2023/24 (Season 2) Review - Belfast Telegraph Championship 2 - Northern Ireland

We had another decent season, but a little poorer than the last. But it's not really surprising though, since I've played much more youth players and younger players will fluctuate more in their performances. Still, even if we finished a few spots lower than last season, we still were only 6 points behind. We did concede a few more, but I think we can keep improving and fight for the promotion spots in a few seasons time.

Cups

In the Irish Cup we beat Immaculata and Crumlin Star before losing to Crusaders in the 6th round.

In the Irish Intermediate Cup we beat Tullyvallen and Ballyclare Comrades before losing to Armagh City in the 3rd round. 

In the Mid-Ulster Cup we beat Annagh United before losing to Portadown in the quarter final.

In the NIFL Cup we beat Ballinamallard United before losing to Glentoran in the 3rd round.

Key players

The only newgen really worth mention is:

Robert Devlin 23k - Our new top scorer and he had a great season up front.

Youth intake

3HaJlyP.pngffdP10S.png

Another good intake, and one really good player especially.

MVoxcdL.png

The journey so far...

5vzI8UI.png

Ok, so having spent two days trying to get an East Kilbride save going, working around the bug, I remembered I already had a save for them on the go.  I put the save game file in another directory (where I put all saves that are on hold).  So I repost the last entry for this below and will pick up from where I left off.

End of Season Review

Season 2022/23

East Kilbride F.C. - Wikipedia

League Table - We never really threatened the play off spots and we were so far behind the top three, we wouldn't have got very far even if we did qualify.

League Fixtures 1 & 2 - Long spells of dropped points equate to a solid mid table season.

William Hill Scottish Cup - Very disappointing to lose at home, after extra time, to Dumbarton, a club in League Two, in the third round.

Bet Fred Cup - We were eliminated in the group stage again, though considering our group had two Premiership clubs, I am pleased we finished third.

Tunnock's Caramel Wafer Challenge Cup - We were beaten at home by a strong Ayr United side in the second round to knock us out at the first time of asking.

Pre Season Friendlies - Not as many friendlies as I usually like, largely down to the season starting so early in Scotland.

Squad - Not strong enough to challenge for promotion yet, though the players are improving.

Squad Dynamics - Not too bad at all.

Transfers In - None.

Transfers Out - The only departures were youngsters on loan.

Youth Candidates - A decent enough intake with Craig Manson YP23A17 looking like the best prospect.

Finances - We are in the red and losing money.

Key Players

Craig Henderson - The best player at the club, the winger tore some defences apart.

Jamie MacDonald YP22D4 - The first youth product to firmly establish himself in the team.

Ruari Paton - The striker had another fine season, scoring 19 goals in 37 appearances.

David Brownlie - At 26 years of age, the centre back is the old man of the squad.  Played very well and lead the side superbly.

Mark Cairns - The central midfielder played above his level throughout.

Next Season

Another mid table season would be just fine.

Personal Coaching Data

Season     Reputation            Qualifications          Att   Def   Fit   GkD   GkH   GkS   Tac   Tec   Men   WWY   Ada   Det   PlK   YoK   LoD   MaM   Mot
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
At start   Minimal   (0.25*)     None                      1     1     1     1     1     1     1     1     1     4     1     1     1     4     1     1     1
2021/22    Nominal ↑ (1.25*) ↑   National B ↑↑             7 ↑   6 ↑   3 ↑   3 ↑   3 ↑   2 ↑   6 ↑   6 ↑   7 ↑   4 =   1 =   5 ↑   5 ↑   6 ↑   5 ↑   7 ↑   7 ↑
2022/23    Decent ↑  (2.00*) ↑   Continental B ↑↑↑        11 ↑  11 ↑   5 ↑   5 ↑   5 ↑   4 ↑  11 ↑  11 ↑  11 ↑   4 =   1 =   9↑    9 ↑  10 ↑  12 ↑  11 ↑  12 ↑

Club Facilities

Season     Training Facilities  Youth Facilities  Data Analysis Facilities  Corporate Facilities  Junior Coaching  Youth Recruitment  Club Reputation
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
At Start   Poor                 Adequate          Poor                      Basic                 Adequate         Average            Local      (1.00*)
2021/22    Poor =               Adequate =        Poor =                    Basic =               Good ↑           Adequate ↑         Regional ↑ (1.50*) ↑
2022/23    Poor =               Adequate =        Poor =                    Basic =               Good =           Adequate =         Regional = (1.50*) =

Season Record

Season     Played     Won     Drawn     Lost     Goals For     Goals Against     Goal Difference
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2021/22      47        23       10       14          74              61                 +13
2022/23      42        16        8       18          70              70                   0

Overall Career Record

After Season   Played     Won     Drawn     Lost     Goals For     Goals Against     Goal Difference     Time At Club
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2021/22          47        23       10       14          74              61                 +13              323 days
2022/23          89        39       18       32         144             131                 +13              689 days

Trophy Haul

Season     Competition Won
--------------------------

Trophy Cabinet

League Titles
-------------

Cup Competition Victories
-------------------------

Career Overview

Season     Champions League          Europa League             Europa Conference League     League                 Position     William Hill Scottish Cup     Bet Fred Cup     Achievements
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2021/22           N/a                     N/a                             N/a               Ladbrokes League Two      4th       Second round                  Group stage      Promoted via play offs.  First round of Tunnock's Caramel Wafer Challenge Cup.
2022/23           N/a                     N/a                             N/a               Ladbrokes League One      5th ↑     Third round ↑                 Group stage =    Mid table mediocrity.  Second round of Tunnock's Caramel Wafer Challenge Cup.

Record Number of Appearances (Players From The Academy Only)

Season     Player                    Cumulative Number of Appearances
---------------------------------------------------------------------
2021/22    Jamie MacDonald YP22D4                    6
2022/23    Jamie MacDonald YP22D4                   44

Record Goal Scorer (Players From The Academy Only)

Season     Player                    Cumulative Number of Goals
---------------------------------------------------------------
2021/22    Andy Starrs YP22I9                     1
2022/23    Jamie MacDonald YP22D4                 2

Record Number of Assists (Players From The Academy Only)

Season     Player                    Cumulative Number of Assists
-----------------------------------------------------------------
2021/22    Jamie MacDonald YP22D4                  2
2022/23    Jamie MacDonald YP22D4                  7

Edited by DazRTaylor

Season Review 2258/59

Absolutely gutting! Thought I had a chance of winning Europa (which should mean qualification for Champion League?)

Lost in the final, 2-1, with a 89th minute winner

20201016141601_1.thumb.jpg.2d23a8bcb9e083bebbc50e54b471b2be.jpg#

Our League form was poor, with the sack mentioned in the news items and down to C- and stable

Luckily manage to turn it around to finish mid table

20201016141615_1.thumb.jpg.2a79ae2f9868d2851270d8a961c5fa5c.jpg20201016141618_1.thumb.jpg.f332f673391a3032a1e4b810c7fceca6.jpg

Youth Intake was poor again except one guy, Russell Wallace who looks potentially very decent

20201016143722_1.thumb.jpg.352974dd46128d9d9faca8a87d17d564.jpg

20201016123212_1.thumb.jpg.018735f16f8170e3be396ce9841c9241.jpg

1200px-FC_United_of_Manchester_crest_svg.thumb.png.0bf7e0481d788486a5905237a89bd8d2.png

2038/39 (season 19)

Premier League

Finish: 6th

Season Summary

We qualified for Europe!!! A really good performance in the league with a 4 game winning run at the death getting us into the top 6. Pleasingly we were beating more teams above us this season, we might have turned a corner! We're still complete rubbish in the cup competitions though

Players

Kota Kawano 32A - He's still here! now worth 74m and finished the season wanted by both Barcelona and Real Madrid but only PSG have made an offer. And it was derisory at that. Another 28 golas and 13 assists for our main man

Youth

I got promised a golden generation! and to be fair, the intake wasn't too shabby. A future Hungarian goalkeeper, although my German keeper i got a couple of years back just broke into the German national squad so..... ah well, from strikers to goalkeepers by the look of it

39YOUTHINTAKE.JPG.fdd7e03f32c8c6ef84cdf26f7000747b.JPG

Finances and Improvements

Over 300m in the bank and i'm accepting offers for my less talented youth players. I may regret that when i'm in the middle of a European campaign......

39seasonsummary.JPG.80d623fd2a1e69addb03871262a17c59.JPG

So one of my players who got poached by Larne whilst on a youth contract, has just been signed by Crusaders for around £500k, I had a 15% clause on the profit of the sale so I managed to pocket £48k with another £20k in instalments! Good return for a player who only played one game for us and none for Larne.

828778860_JoshCollingwood_Inbox.thumb.png.61a3e552a04c48cdef2b158843100931.png

314360867_RussellCorbettYP4C_Profile.thumb.png.83686a8d1c152f74907ab00724c7221a.png

Coagh United FC

LOS9Gpv.png

Season 2024/25 (Season 3) Review - Belfast Telegraph Championship 2 - Northern Ireland

Now this was an amazing season. The team have gelled more and the tweaks to the tactic seems to be working as well. We almost went unbeaten in the league, but a late away loss to Armagh City stopped it. Still, we won the league with games to spare and are promoted to the 2nd tier. I wonder if I'm still going to play in the same cups, or if I get some new, or someone is removed. We'll see. Maybe now I can start to give actual contracts as well?

Cups

In the Irish Cup we beat Carrick Rangers before losing to Larne in the 5th round.

In the Irish Intermediate Cup we beat Lurgan Town, Seagoe, Portadown Res, Crusaders Res and Dungannon Res before losing to Linfield Swifts in the semi final. 

In the Mid-Ulster Cup we beat Dollingstown, Crewe United and Warrenpoint Town to reach the final. Here we beat Armagh City to claim the trophy.

In the NIFL Cup we beat Annagh United, Lisburn Distillery, Ballinamallard United, Ballymena United and Cliftonville to reach the final. There we lost on pens to Larne.

Key players

Phil Hammond 23i - An amazing season from our top scorer.
Robert Devlin 23k - The other part of our striking partnership also had a stormer.
Conor McAree 24l - Our main right winger had a good season and provided goals and assists galore.

Youth intake

OCIDIXx.pngY8SFqu8.png

Can't complain about an intake like that. Lots of promising players.

n3qCHjH.png

The journey so far...

QWYQ0uq.png

Congrats on the title @XaW, Hammond has great mentals and physicals and looks like a decent little player for that level. Unfortunately I don't think we can offer contracts until we get to the top tier, as I've not been able to after having spent 3 seasons in the 2nd tier.