The FM20 Youth Academy Challenge

I've seen bamber a few times come up and was tempted. I think if I holiday a few more times and bognor come up might just go with them. Was trying Kendal or Lancaster. But will see what comes up on next 2 holiday attemptsĀ 

• Replies 5.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

28 minutes ago, syemo said:

I've seen bamber a few times come up and was tempted. I think if I holiday a few more times and bognor come up might just go with them. Was trying Kendal or Lancaster. But will see what comes up on next 2 holiday attemptsĀ 

I tried for a while to get Radcliffe as they start the game with superb facilities, but no joy

On 24/11/2019 at 17:00, andyus said:

Yeah! Got him. Hopefully he will develop into the beast i need in goalm!

Following on from this I've managed to play my first season as FC United. Survived comfortably, in fact I was 13th/14th for the majority of the season.Ā The youth intake is quite remarkable.

This lad has already played 5 U21 caps for Belgium over the summer. He won't sign a new deal due to being too good for the club already but he's contracted for 2 seasons so I'll see how long I can keep him!

Ā 

Ā 

Carmelo Melis 2a_ Profile.png

1 hour ago, syemo said:

You will have quite a wait for Kendal, considering they play in the eighth tier.Ā Ā :D

6 hours ago, syemo said:

@FastbasherĀ hopefully 4th times a charm. Have you changed country ever time? Was looking at france with bergerac might try them if i cant get the few teams im trying to get promoted in the england. (been holidaying most of last night)Ā Can you start the challenge third season in?

As long as the club picked wasn't playable in the first season then yeah, no issues starting it a year or 2 later if people want to try and get different sides.

Nybro IF Season 2026Ā Review

Bildresultat fƶr nybro if

Table | Transfers | Finances | Facilities | Youth Intake

Youth intake now starts looking as it perhaps should. Not all 5 star potential kids. I actually this time forgot to take a photo right away so i had already given the three guys we gave contract to contracts so they dont appear in the picture but as you can see there is 3 less in the pic than it should be. The three guys that got contract are (07-A)Stefan Johansson another fine forward prospect. (07-B)Emil Bergstrƶm third good gk prospect we get but he is quite far off what we have right now, and last (07-C)Patrik JungĀ needs to be retrained to AML but he got a lot of speed but really needs to improve his technical stats if he wants to get a chance.

After last season i didn't really know what to expect of this season. What i did know was that the talent we had was in the final third with our best players being wingers and strikers in the squad so it felt like a waste to only play one striker upfront. So i kept my tactical approach kind of the same but we switched the formation from aĀ 4-1-2-3 DM to an 4-2-4 playing with two strikers as we lacked good DM as well. This got usĀ off to a great start of the season and we didn't suffer a loss until the 9th game and before that we had 4 wins 4 draws. We looked really good throughout the season and Niklasson, Eklund and Nilsson really showed they were here to play. the three of them produced most of our goals and we were much better defensive wise. And in the second half of the season we only lost 1(!) game and drew 3 which meant 11 wins! This eventually actually saw us soar up and stand as champions only losing 5 games for the whole year. (05-A)Alexander Niklasson winning the golden boot and shared 1st for man of the match. (05-B)Lucas Larsson getting most assists in the leagueĀ and (02-B)Joakim Nilsson getting 22 points (15 goals, 7 assists) so this shows our front four really produced quality! Superettan (tier 2) here we come!

Player of the season i still have to give to (05-A)Alexander Niklasson he won the golden boot grabbing 28 points in total and avg 7.53 he really showed us what he is capable of and he is only 18Ā years old! The best news as well is that he were refusing a new contract but after the promotion was done he agreed a new contract even though it will cost us a lot more than beforeĀ it is worth it! from his youth contract costing 4Ā£ a week up to 325Ā£ a week with 65Ā appearance and 50 goal bonus but it is a three year deal and still a bargain!

The team now mostly consists of academy players since only 2Ā players now are non regens in the starting eleven. (05-B) Lucas Larsson gets an extra notice as he got capped in the U19 for Sweden which is an first for us!

Finance wise still in the green but i hope for a better cash flow in the next league as it is well needed

Facilities we didn't touch as we cant afford it

Top Scorer: (05-A)Alexander Niklasson 22Ā goals 30(0) games

Most Assists: (05-B)Lucas Larsson 9Ā assists 29(0) games

Best Average: (05-A)Alexander Niklasson 7.48Ā avg 30(0) games

Best Prospect: (05-A)Alexander Niklasson 22Ā goals 6Ā assist 7.48Ā avg 30(0) games

Most promising prospect: (05-A)Alexander Niklasson 22Ā goals 6Ā assist 7.48 avg 30(0) games

Season history

Edited by Novafluff

52 minutes ago, DazRTaylor said:

I have not been entered into the BetFred Cup.Ā  Is this normal?

No.Ā  The group stages are made up of all SPFL sides not in Europe (including the team relegated from League 2 if there is one) plus the Highland League winners and Lowland League winners from the previous season.Ā  As you were able to manage EK they must have won the Lowland League title so should be in it.

246250049_GainsboroughTrinity.jpg.38f70887c88485d65b09952e043911a8.jpg

Gainsborough Trinity Mid-Season 21/22

Ā 

Been busy but finally got some time to play and made it to youth intake preview of 2nd season. I am now further than Rushall save, and doing reasonably decent this season. On the whole though this season has been a lot harder, only 9 points separate 4th from 21st.

20191202181548_1.thumb.jpg.c45c83d658b40652427ed52412a83734.jpg

Ended shifting over to a Gegenpress style since it just fit my players more than the Control Possession.

Now to finish the season

ZKWbaSC.png

S.S.D. Latina Calcio 1932

Season 5

Ā 

On The Pitch

Back in Girone C. Finished with our best points total, yet. Some really pleasing performances. In the playoffs an early red card after 4 minutes killed us. Lost 2:1 in the end.

Still, the problem that our team is on every position worse than most of the other teams in the league and it's hard to make progress. Because no one is coming after our prospects (never had that in a youth challenge after 5 years), I am thinking that their potential is limited.

Ā 

Key Players

Fabio Fiori: Again the star of the team and best goalscorer. Especially in the Coppa Italia he was on fire: 7 goals in the 4 matches, nearly made it to the proper first round, but Serie A team Sassuolo was a too big task (a shame because for the 1st round there are 500k participation money).

Alessandro Colella (02A): Our former striker is as a left mid a first team regular. Decent number of assists and goals.

Emanuele Esposito (03A): 14 yellow cards, so was subbed off a little bit to often, but a big presence in defense. Hope he'll improve a lot.

Ā 

Off The Pitch

Sorted the finances for this season, so we made only a small loss of 25k. But for reasons I can't explain we got hit with a tax bill of 150k. That sucks. Let a lot of contracts running out and try it with an even younger team next season, but our training facilities got downgraded and I don't know at the moment how we can improve things here.

Ā 

Mediocre intake, most promising players are...

Mario Mone (05A): I love big target men, don't play with one yet (or even high crosses), but he looks promising.

Andrea Lasalandra (05B): Decent enough full-back to help us at least as a back-up in the not so distant future.

Ā 

Ā 

Next Season

The goals: find some money to improve the facilities. Reduce the number of players at the club. Improve the players. Get in the play-offs again.

Ā 

Through The Seasons
Season Division League Pos. Playoffs Coppa Italia Coppa Italia di Serie C Europe Squad Key Player Best Goalscorer Intake Best New Prospect Team Of The Season Miscellaneous
2020/2021 Serie C Girone C 16th - - Group Stage, 2nd - Squad Salvatore Ciulla Federico Cardella - 6 Intake Carlo Di Mambro (01A) 4-3-2-1 National C Licence
2021/2022 Serie C Girone C 9th 1st Round 1st Qual. Round 2nd Round - Squad Luigi Fontana Luigi Fontana - 13 Intake Alessandro Colella (02A) 4-4-2 National B Licence, National A Licence, Youth and training facilities upgraded, Youth recruitment upgraded
2022/2023 Serie C Girone C 12th - - Qtr Final - Squad Fabio Fiori Luigi Fontana - 15 Intake Emanuele Esposito (03A) 4-4-2 Continental C Licence, Continental B Licence
2023/2024 Serie C Girone B 15th - 2nd Qual. Round 2nd Round - Squad Fabio Fiori Fabio Fiori - 16 Intake Angelo Polverini (04A) 4-4-2 Continental A Licence
2024/2025 Serie C Girone C 11th 1st Round 4th Qual. Round 1st Round - Squad Emanuele Esposito (03A) Fabio Fiori - 16 Intake Mario Mone (05A) 4-4-2 Continental Pro Licence, Training facilities downgraded

Ā 

The Facilites
Year Training Data Analysis Youth Junior Youth R.
Start Below Average Poor Basic Fairly Basic Average
2021 Below Average Poor Basic Fairly Basic Average
2022 Adequate Poor Below Average Fairly Basic Adequate
2023 Adequate Poor Below Average Fairly Basic Adequate
2024 Adequate Poor Below Average Fairly Basic Adequate
2025 Below Average Poor Below Average Fairly Basic Adequate

Ā 

16 minutes ago, ATW said:

No.Ā  The group stages are made up of all SPFL sides not in Europe (including the team relegated from League 2 if there is one) plus the Highland League winners and Lowland League winners from the previous season.Ā  As you were able to manage EK they must have won the Lowland League title so should be in it.

Thank you. Ā I will try again then tomorrow.

image.png.d6915fb836b6271f01193dfb6b213fa5.png

2020/21 Annecy FC season review - French National division

The League

We were expected to finish 15th. We only finished 1 place off that, but unfortunately on the wrong side. After a brave fight, we are headed down to the National division 2, group D.

We reached the 8th round of the cup. The board's objective was 9th round.

Ā 

The Players

Romain SpanoĀ was the player of the season and top scorer with 15 goals.

VeteranĀ Eloge Enza-YamissiĀ added some international experience. But unfortunately is retiring now.

Phillipe PuechĀ is the highest rated from our academy and is another with an impressive amount of facial hair for a 14yr old.

Ā 

Transfers

Ā 

We took the finances from 275k in the black to 170k in the red. The only off field progress I could make was gaining my national C coaching licence.

OK decided to take up this challenge (for the first time).Ā  Doing the Italian League and have decided to take up the managers job at Mantova

My Profile on Day 1

Mantova General Info

Mantova Facilities

First thing I had to do was re-sign as many players to new contracts as I could because of the 23 senior players 17 were out of contract.Ā  Seven of them right away told me where to stick it, and left during the holidays.Ā  Leaving me with 13 players.Ā  At the start of the season I have picked a squad of 22 players, although one is about to head out on loan.Ā  Only 7 of the players are over the age of 21.Ā  I have a few players in the U20's though that might come good (some have already been promoted to the senior side to train).Ā 

Mantova Senior Squad 2020/21

Mantova Under 20's Squad 2020/21

I would show the Under 18's but they're all grey players for this season.Ā 

Edited by ATW

26 minutes ago, ATW said:

OK decided to take up this challenge (for the first time).Ā  Doing the Italian League and have decided to take up the managers job at Mantova

My Profile on Day 1

Mantova General Info

Mantova Facilities

First thing I had to do was re-sign as many players to new contracts as I could because of the 23 senior players 17 were out of contract.Ā  Seven of them right away told me where to stick it, and left during the holidays.Ā  Leaving me with 13 players.Ā  At the start of the season I have picked a squad of 22 players, although one is about to head out on loan.Ā  Only 7 of the players are over the age of 21.Ā  I have a few players in the U20's though that might come good (some have already been promoted to the senior side to train).Ā 

Mantova Senior Squad 2020/21

Mantova Under 20's Squad 2020/21

I would show the Under 18's but they're all grey players for this season.Ā 

goodluck kid

Ā 

130866.png.dd49383dff63ca63221a5d18d07b6e6f.png

IR Reykjavik - 2021 - youth intake

Preview :

7e2ec14b3322924a873197ec72a530ca.png

Again.. wingers wingers wingers.. i need defenders, central midfielders and strikers :)

The intake :
ca6e448273a1f61f510ca5065566c593.png
Ā 

i'll sign 7 of this intake. only the one with good potential / my dna attributes. And i have to retrain three of them.

ae9ec2bd0468fd0fbaa97c96e5cfd0d1.png

Best prospects :

8c9d4adfdf86aa5e5568a6f875a7af4d.png
Ā 

1a121ea6e9dcfb6954de1e1a4944a438.png.

3ab5e5452720cd69ea00e0a5bbb1d891.png
Ā 

Ā 

p3zSGyM.png

TABLE | FINANCES | SQUAD STATS | TRANSFERS

Salisbury FC - Season Review 2020/21

Ā 

PERFORMANCE

League

With a squad of 14 players the expectations were low, however there was quality in the players we did have. We started with some inconsistent performances and struggled to find our place. This phase seemed to pass and we then managed a great unbeaten run. One thing became clear, we had no problem scoring goals, which was a huge relief. This run came to and end eventually and in general our form was good. At this point I presented my mid-season report on here and felt quite smug. From this point on wards our form took a turn. I felt like I had cursed the team, but in reality it was injuries and suspensions catching up with us, this plus us not being quite so lucky meant we were left hoping to stay in the playoff spots.

We finished with two wins to seal a 6th place finish, which I am pleased with. We were blitzed in the Play off semi-final and found ourselves 4-0 down at half time. The final score of 4-2 was a fair result and the season ended here. The most pleasing thing was the squads resilience, with 10 players starting over 40 games each. Our stand out player was Knory Scott, he scored some screamers and was a source of creativity in all games.

The finale note, was I was the winner of Manager of the Season

Cups

The FA Cup felt like a hindrance in the most congested part of the season, we made it to the 4th qualifying round and lost to a non-league team

The FA Trophy was a chance to use the few rotation options we had. We made it through to the 3rd round before losing to Aldershot.

Ā 

YOUTH INTAKE

This is a talented intake without doubt, three of these will be in the first team next year. There is a lot of depth here, with 7-8 of these that will feature. Not sure where the foreign influence came from but great to see two lads from Turkey and Montenegro in the intake.

Rob Evans (YP21a)Ā - A quick winger, not my favourite of the intake but will be given a chance

Owen Cleal (YP21b)Ā - Another pacey winger, he may be used in a more defensive capacity so he needs some work

Ollie Taylor (YP21c)Ā - Ready to play centre back immediately, shame about the personality

Wayne Goulty (YP21d)Ā - My favourite of the intake and I plan on using a DM to get him on the pitch, love players with a decent work rate

130866.png.dd49383dff63ca63221a5d18d07b6e6f.png

IR Reykjavik - Season 2021 - review

Table- Squad - Finances - Transfers - Youth intake

Second season finished in iceland with IR . I'm happy with how the season went.

1.deild Karla :

This time we started with two wins but then we collapsed . We lost five in a row and dropped in the relegation zone.

Our main rightback came back and i changed one midfield player (Omarsson came in ) and all of a sudden we started to win. We got 27 points out of 39 and got into the top two( first two promote to the first division).

c7971edbbc76f8ea8a5c4a0bd62f4eda.png

We played at Fram in our 21th game.
10f22bed7a9ec28f10237a20358e2f24.png
We need to win against Vestri (number last) and then we can achieve the unexpected !

dc00ce45c8f3b6db8edf3da4bcff3dbb.png
Crazy game ! but we did it !

95f6826e570b88a6d1d64aa8f8c306e9.png

Bikarkeppni Karla:

We reached the fourth round and lost in a crazy game against Keflavik.

a111d7ed1482e2e0a92b46992c873719.png

Deildabikar :

Not great this time !

9354803720be1a0e37c2e87bd6308c6c.png
fixtures

Best players : Ivan Oli Santos - Brynjar Vilhjalmsson - Oddur Ludviksson

Next season :

Last season we lost our best player : Magnusson (he got relegated with Vestri this season) .. this season we are probably going to lose our best striker(he wasn't in the first season but this season he was a beast ) .. Oli Santos . all our other players are staying and extended their contract(s) . I hope we can stay safe of relegation .

a23ac9913ab9ac90a4312b45a182eb41.png

4c37ea475baa2a6925aaa429c2ebba76.png

88aa7a1e1c3a1ca32720f48dde843cda.png
Ā 

Edited by OlivierL

7 hours ago, syemo said:

@OlivierLĀ congratulations on the promotion, what the step up in quality like in iceland Between the divisions?

Thanks, I just checked the wage budgets and I'd be 200k under the nr 11th . It will be hard, certainly without my best striker Santos. But we'll see :)Ā 

@XaW and @Jimbokav1971Ā and @Winski showed me the way.

Edited by OlivierL

11 hours ago, OlivierL said:

i'll sign 7 of this intake. only the one with good potential / my dna attributes. And i have to retrain three of them.

ae9ec2bd0468fd0fbaa97c96e5cfd0d1.png

This spreadsheet looks very interesting. What's this DNA thing? Can you share some details?

5 hours ago, Soviet said:

This spreadsheet looks very interesting. What's this DNA thing? Can you share some details?

IIRC DNA usually means Determination, Work Rate, Natural Fitness, Stamina and i think Teamwork.

Different people might approach it slightly different. But DNA for me is having a core attributes that i want all my squad to have for the style of football i want to play. Then after that each other position would need x to play in that givenĀ role.

So say your an under rated team, you would want players with Bravery, Determination and work rate to make sure they are fighting in every game.

Edited by syemo

6 hours ago, syemo said:

So started the challenge off with Barwell. It says they have an under18s but in the squad list view i cant filter that team in. I know all are greyed out players is this why?

In one of my previous saves it was due to me not being personally in charge of a specific staff responsibility for this squad.Ā  I forget which one though :(Ā  Sorry

2 minutes ago, Braumiller said:

Love this!Ā :applause: Trying to resist adding something similar to my write-ups now, otherwise I end up spending longer on them than the season in game itself :D

Partly why seasons take so long for me

image.png.d47d22a103c58bd439b8884007d0ea97.png

2021/22 Annecy FC season review - French National 2 - D

The League

There is only one promotion spot available in this league. The reserve teams of AS Monaco, Olimpique Marseille, Nimes and OGC Nice were not eligible for it. So we let them have their fun, while the rest of us fought it out for 5th place.

It was between us and FrƩjus all season. We both stumbled towards the end, allowing others to close the gap, but we managed to hold on and go back up to the French National.

Ā 

The Players

Mehdi KadiĀ was player of the season

Romain SpanoĀ was again top scorer with 27. Unfortunately he refuses to sign a new contract and will be leaving us.

LĆ©opold Alves YP22aĀ is the most promising of the youth intake.

Ā 

Transfers

Ā 

Off field development went well. I gained my National A and B coaching licences, the club improved data facilities, youth recruitment and has agreed to a youth facility upgrade.

Ā 

image.thumb.png.e02bcc7d3c48fc54481d3be346eade39.png

246250049_GainsboroughTrinity.jpg.38f70887c88485d65b09952e043911a8.jpg

Gainsborough Trinity Season 2021/22

So I survived the 2nd season, overall I ended up slightly worse then first season finishing 17th. I did get further in the FA Tourney though making the 3rd round this year.

20191203194141_1.thumb.jpg.810b9a75e52aaa67075631bd842fc808.jpg

Brodie Litchfield took both the Best Average Rating and Most Goals at 7.10 and 20, Nathan Hotte get the most Assists at 9 but retired after the season ended.

20191203201330_1.thumb.jpg.5049ec10f75bdddc60e9fee533640e4d.jpg

Youth Intake was decent with most being able to at least cover for their best position

20191203185855_1.thumb.jpg.8762b679dbc9f190c1b5af1fc58971d8.jpg

WithĀ Felix Rodney 02a being rated the best

20191203191614_1.thumb.jpg.7137fce5fa31c8e957861acfcaf90ec2.jpg

I finished studying for Continental B just as season ended and started for Continental A, finances are pretty terrible this year, hoping the 5 pre-season games against premiership and championship teams will help that.

20191203194751_1.thumb.jpg.9fdc72d468d4853938bc4ff0630c0c42.jpg

Seasons.thumb.png.cb30b983244e5b6c5733d3ad96653a45.png

Edited by Habituz

Decided to give this a go to spice up my FM life. Also, since historically, my biggest achievement in FM is with a Polish club, I've decided to go with Poland again.

I've holiday'ed until June 29th as it says in the opening post, but the actual reset date on my save was June 19th btw.Ā 

I've decided to go with Pogon Siedlice mainly because I liked their kits :D

Having the philosophy of signing under 23 players might prove problematic but we shall see what happens.

Time to assess the team and crack on with some sweaty tactics.

Desktop Screenshot 2019.12.03 - 20.21.10.89.png

Desktop Screenshot 2019.12.03 - 20.27.39.13.png

Desktop Screenshot 2019.12.03 - 20.27.55.56.png

Desktop Screenshot 2019.12.03 - 20.30.48.26.png

I've got my first international call-up! Proud moment!
GEf54wc.jpg
PlFbdgf.png

Something I'm a bit angry about is that my board sold my star player: Mark Logan 21A. He was so important for our style of play... And also for a fee of only 66k. I even couldn't ask for a 50% clausule. But okay, let's move on. Good luck at Aberdeen, mate.

kIVkRe8.png

IajboZC.png

Last year in French National 2 - CĀ the 6th placed team got promoted. With 9 reserve teams, there were only 7 teams competing for promotion and theoretically it could have gone to the team in 10th place.

image.thumb.png.c3ec66d6fb01612ec70114955e0905f8.png

A mix bag of results to start the season little disappointed at the farsley and stockport results was leading in both and missed some chances before they got back into the games. But if i won both it would of defo been an FM FM

57a79a97e3f382efc870ffc811a3cf13.png

On 01/12/2019 at 22:02, gechal said:

Has it been done in previous years?

Feels like I'm taking it easy just being in the 2nd league from the top compared to England.

Jesus just read on on the rules for the Dutch 2nd Division, what on earth have I walked into

On 01/12/2019 at 22:49, OrToDaRy282 said:

XAW dit it last year with Kettering Town.
He's the only yet aside from the lad who did it with a Portuguese side.

Yeah, completed it with Kettering last year, but bombed with Stratford this time. Kettering did start with quite good facilities, though, and I had a bit of luck with sales to generate money and such. I did struggle in the VNL for 5-6 years or so, but then I had a quick ascent through the leagues.

I've been sick though, so I haven't been able to do much in Iceland, and I'm soon leaving for holidays, so I don't know how often I'll be able to update/play the game the next month or so.

On 03/12/2019 at 10:11, Soviet said:

20 hours ago, Habituz said:

IIRC DNA usually means Determination, Work Rate, Natural Fitness, Stamina and i think Teamwork.

I'm doing this since FM18 . First i decide how i'll play(formation and style) and pick the DNA attributes for each position. For example : Libero needs Composure , Dribbling , First Touch , Marking , Passing en Positioning.

My core DNA for all the squad players was : Decisions, determination, pace, stamina , team work and work rate. I extended this with Acceleration, Aggression, Anticipation , Bravery and N.Fitness because i'm playing a 3-4-3 gegenpress.

Ā 

20 hours ago, syemo said:

Different people might approach it slightly different. But DNA for me is having a core attributes that i want all my squad to have for the style of football i want to play. Then after that each other position would need x to play in that givenĀ role.

So say your an under rated team, you would want players with Bravery, Determination and work rate to make sure they are fighting in every game.

I input all the 'dna' attributes into the excell list at the start of the pre-season so i can select who stays and select the best eleven and backups for each position.Ā Ā 

And do this again after every youth intake.. i'll use this to decide who stays and gets a contract.

The problem is that I can't play in a normal way anymore. so if I do the dafuge challenge or just transfers, I'm also calculating everything before I do transfers (hundreds of players on trial for example). this takes a lot of time and makes me quit quickly.

This time it seems to go well, because Iceland has short seasons, so perfect for this (and certainly for youth challenge) save.

Ā