The FM20 Youth Academy Challenge

il y a une heure, thomas_e a dit :

I think there is a new update available now, with ME changes, so your prayers might have been answered. 

The ME will be updated when the game is released. I'm waiting it to start this challenge :)

• Replies 5.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I decided to give the youth challenge a try! I always tend to consider an Italy game on FM because i loved the CM series in the old days.

I will try to take The Rossoneri home.

Afbeeldingsresultaat voor lucchese calcio

image.thumb.png.7c211d82f1e1a95e2dcd17b4ddc147ca.png

image.thumb.png.abb178a4ac09dbe605424d250de2270a.png

image.thumb.png.5b2e9c50f51d8ef147b4db50fbc2c0a3.png

Expectations aren't very high, so it will be a succes to stay up this season and try to build the squad.

kal.thumb.png.81a761b1cbce08759449ecfad6f7e60f.png

This guy was one of two players in the Under 18s squad when I took over, looks an absolute gem! Not sure if I did something wrong when setting the game up but I don't think I did, must just be good luck. Preston already after him, see how long I can keep him. Starting him in a back 5 immediately

350605328_PalermoLogo.thumb.jpg.1eeecdbc9925be18f5c268b615420293.jpg

Season 2021 / 22

League Table               Transfer History

Season 2020 / 21 - 6th in Serie C  Group C - Knocked out in Promotion Playoff Qtr Final

Season 2021 / 22 - 3rd in Serie C Group C - Knocked out in Promotion Playoff Qtr Final

After a rough start struggling to find goals, it ended up being a great season giving me belif I can compete with the best teams in the leauge.

Next season my main goal will be promotion and hopefully compete for the leauge win. Alot depends on if I'm able to keep my best players tho.

Youth intake was pretty bad, only signed 3 players. But these two will be very good additions to the squad -  Valerio Cameli   -  Maurizio Pioggia

GL All !! :) 

Edited by Diego D10S

1 hour ago, SpS_Zen said:

The ME will be updated when the game is released. I'm waiting it to start this challenge :)

No, the ME has been updated tonight. You need to choose properties on your Football Manager 2020 on Steam, then choose "Public beta" under the "Beta" menu. 

7 hours ago, Winski said:

There we go!

ji6xFPX.png

I'll try my luck in Scotland. After a couple of reloads I chose East Kilbride FC as my team to play with. Very exiting to play in Scotland this year. Never managed there before.

For other people wanting to start a save in Scotland: the reset date is 03-05-2020. Best day to holiday is about 1-2 weeks before, and then holiday until the 3th to get some different teams. Then, after the playoff, Holiday until the 25th of June to take over your club.

EigR3tZ.jpg

9Kf8ycj.jpg

What I like about this club is that it's quite a new club. This is what Wikipedia tell us about it:

So yeah, that is quite interesting. I also like the part about Ajax. As an Ajax-fan I'm quite surprised to see this club linked with my favorite Dutch club.

The other reason to choose this club is that they got a U18-team. Most other Scottish clubs haven't. For a youth only save this was a real must for me.

cy8Hgef.png

The Club Vision & 5 Year Plan isn't that spectacular at this moment, and that's a good thing. Hopefully I can build this club slowly.

Let's go!

I had an East Kilbride save one FM19 and had loads of fun.  Quite straightforward in the bottom two divisions, then the difficulty gets ramped up massively.  With a capacity of just 400, you will have your work cut out but will follow with interest.  👍

3 hours ago, XaW said:

XaW - Stratford Town - 2024/25

noD3emR.png

Table | Squad | Transfers | Finances

Two seasons close to promotion, so the goal was to push into it this season. We still are very inconsistent, probably due to all the youngsters playing, so we are losing matches we should win. The season started very good and we only two of our first 15 league games. Going into the midway of the season we had some runs of poor form and dropped quite a bit down the table. However, we had a bit of an upswing towards the end of the season, and actually managed to finish on 7th, and inside the playoff spots! It cut close and it went down to the final day again, but this time we didn't waste it and won the final match away to Southport. In the playoff 1st round we got an away match versus FC United. Unfortunately, they got the better of us and knocked us out. We are improving though, so I still have hope!

In the FA Cup we had a bit of a run after the draws were very kind to us. We beat Barwell, Lowestoft Town, Solihull Moors, Gloucester City and Curzon Ashton before losing to Newcastle in the 3rd round. Unfortunately, draws like this doesn't give as much as they used to, as we only netted about £200k. In the FA Trophy we lost against King's Lynn Town in the 3rd qualifying round.

We had a really good youth intake with Nathan Keehan 25b and Keith Jepson 25f as the brightest talents.

The leading players this season have been Nabil ShariffJames Hancocks and Steve Ross.

DJu4sfJ.png

Nabil Shariff is the GOAT! So many goals haha! To be fair, his scoring figures are what my strikers would have if they didn't finish so terribly  :lol:

njvjD5K.png

St. Ives 2023/24 Season Review

League Table    Playoffs    Youth Intake    Squad    Transfers

Roughly the same pts, roughly the same finish, roughly the same playoff failure. At least we're consistent?

Not many new faces in the senior squad, but Turner, Seeby, Knight, and Austin are further establishing themselves while Adu and James get starts here and there. I'm especially happy with Seeby for being directly involved in 25 of our goals and Knight who should become a good central playmaker once his extra Passing training starts paying off. Burton-Jones is in the mix as well, but I'm growing concerned with how slowly his Tackling is improving, a rather glaring weakness for a centre-back...

Truly terrible youth intake. The two guys with decent potential are marred by bad personalities (Low Self Belief, Mercenary) and the rest aren't even worth mentioning. I still signed almost everyone, but I think it's time to start being more selective. The squads aren't empty anymore.

Dare I hope for promotion? Third time's a charm and all that?

Season    League              Finish   Notes
2023/24   Vanarama North      5th      Lost in Playoff 2nd Rnd
2022/23   Vanarama North      4th      Lost in Playoff 1st Rnd
2021/22   Vanarama North      9th      -
2020/21   Vanarama North      15th     -

107203.png

AMERICA FUTEBOL CLUBE (RN) - AMERICA (RN)

STADIUM: ARENA DAS DUNAS - 32,000

TRAINING FACILITIES: AVERAGE

YOUTH FACILITIES: BELOW AVERAGE

YOUTH RECRUITMENT: GOOD

JUNIOR COACHING: GOOD

Season: 2022

Campeonato Potiguar - The less said about this the better. We weren't too bad in the opening stage before as usual, losing to ABC. We then were abysmal at the start of the closing stage losing 3 straight. We ended well, but the damage had already been done.

Copa do Brasil - Finally we got a favourable draw. The 2nd round game against Sport looks closer than it really was. We were 4-1 down and were awful. Scoring 2 late goals at least makes it look respectable. On a positive note we made good money for getting to the 2nd round.

Serie B p1 Serie B p2League Table - Well! That went better than anybody could have expected. We absolutely smashed expectations (were predicted to come last!) and finished a very comfortable 6th. I was a little worried after the first couple of games, but the following month showed that we had potential to stay up. The month of August was where we took our big leap towards the top half. Up till then we were still in touching distance of the relegation places, but thankfully after that we never looked back.

Squad - Genuinely amazed with this squad. I wasn't really sure how this squad would do, but thankfully we progressed beyond belief. The main factor I believe is that playing in Serie B against better players is really pushing our development forward.

Finances - What a difference a year makes. The main factor this season is that we got much better sponsorships at the start of the year, and also the prize money from the Copa do Brasil (about 400k) meant that we never had to entertain selling players. Long may that continue!

Transfer History - A really quiet year. It's a sign of where we are going as a club that teams are now wanting our young players on loan. Now if only I could get them out on loan at teams where they will actually play!

Youth Candidates - It was billed as a golden generation, and while the potential on some of the players looks really good, there are quite a few problems with this intake. Firstly, there is a lack of good players in different positions. Of our better prospects we have 3 right backs, 2 defensive midfielders and a left back who cant do anything remotely attacking. Again we have had no strikers and were starting to look short if we suffer injuries or have to sell one.

Antonio Cleudo - Probably the most first team ready of our prospects. Due to him only being 16, he will get a full year playing in the Under 20's so I'm hoping that by the time he's 18 he will have improved a lot.

Weder Dantas - I will be amazed if he is still at our club when he turns 18. At only 15 he would already be a decent rotation option for the first team, but hopefully with a year or 2 developing he could turn into our first team right back for the next 10-15 years.

Boquita - Doesn't have what is needed to become a good left back for us. However, he will be trained to play at centre back and could have a nice career as we never seem to have a strong left footed centre back. 

Edvaldo Caneira - I am unsure what to do with Edvaldo. I would ideally like to keep him around the first team this season, but feel that it might be a waste of his development. He wont play a lot for the first team, and I really want Dantas to develop in the under 20's. Hopefully I can find a suitable club to loan him to where he will play week in week out. 

What a season, and hopefully more of the same next season. The great thing about this team is that the expectations are really low and our aim for the forthcoming season will just be to stay in Serie B. I'm hopeful that if we can spend a couple more years in this division and each year have a good cup run then we will be able to improve the clubs facilities which in turn will help us going forward as we look to push on and into Serie A.

There was a major disappointment this year however. Our attendances absolutely vanished. In our last season in Serie C we were averaging around 11k a game. This year we were averaging 3.5k per game. I really can't understand what has happened, maybe its a bug? Has anybody else suffered this once they have been promoted?

I was also finally able to get some upgrades to our Junior Coaching and Youth Recruitment. They have both jumped up 2 tiers and am really looking forward to seeing what type of youth intake we have next season, combined with a new Head of Youth Development.

Challenge-Progress-2022.png

KeltyHearts.png

Season 02 - 2021/22

Squad Stats   //   Transfers

yTg67VS.png?1BDIpijr.png?1

On The Field Notes
As expected, this season was a lot more challenging than last seasons surprise success!
In the league, we actually start off by drawing our first away game and then winning our fist home game!  Hope got raised and then reality came crashing through!  We failed to score in any of our next 6 league games and hit bottom as a result.  The season was streaky form-wise and as the table took shape it was easy to see why.  We played the top 3 in consecutive games and then the bottom 3.  And being the Scottish leagues, this was repeated 4 times!
We finished a battling 7th and I have to be happy with that.  Thankfully there were a few teams worse than us and we took advantage of that.
Our 8 games against the two relegated teams gained us 5 wins, 3 draws and 0 losses (2.25 points per game)
The other 28 games.....  4 wins, 10 draws and 14 losses (0.79 points per game)
Decent showings in the cups, including a completely out-of-nowhere 4-0 home win against Premiership Aberdeen, before Championship Falkirk beat us in a reply in the 5th round (our best showing easily to date)

Off the Field Notes

• December - Coaches up from 4 to 5
  • January - Academy Coaching up from Average to Adequate
  • April - Youth Recruitment up from Fairly Basic to Average
  • A new Asst Manager was bought in, with a Model Citizen personality!  Also a new HOYD, with a Fairly Professional personality (and good determination as well).
  • So, right at the end of the season I noticed the option in board requests for Reserves/Youth/B Team.  I give it a whirl and the board comment that we should have an u18 side!  Well duh!  We had been rolling with just a reserve team until now (but we barely had warm bodies until the 2nd intake to fill out even that).  We actually feel like a proper club now :D

Youth Intake
I prefer this lot to last years 'golden' intake...
Ryan Quinn (02A) - Someone we can build our lower league adventures around (hopefully!).  A lovely looking playmaker I am hoping to drop straight into the middle of next seasons team.  Has nice player traits too.
Craig Crawford (02B) - Versatile and should be on the fringe of things next year.
Grant Winter (02C) - Hard working, determined wide man.  Tempted to retrain on the right wing, has the basics needed to feature over the years
Connor Campbell (02D) - Has a few standout attributes and hoping he will fill out the rest while in the youth team
Craig Spence (02E) - Will instantly become the main GK in the youth system by default
Stephen Ramsey (02F) - Decent looking central defender, low determination...
Allan Headrick (02G) - Another central midfielder.  Will have a battle to standout and being unambitious isn't going to help

Updated Club Vision
Happy with this, nothing outrageous being asked of us
qTfWIHV.png

3 hours ago, thomas_e said:

No, the ME has been updated tonight. You need to choose properties on your Football Manager 2020 on Steam, then choose "Public beta" under the "Beta" menu. 

Thanks for letting us know.  I just did this.  Game runs a lot faster and smoother now.  ME is improved.  Not as many 60 yard cross-field passes.

On the Rijnsburgse Boys front: Reached the winter break on 20 points and in 19th place.  5 wins 5 draws 12 losses -11 goal difference.  Good news is only one team goes down and we have a 10 point over last place TOP Oss.

As I have never done a youth only save, I had never really taken a massive notice/interest in the little things when it came to youth candidates. However doing this challenge I have noticed little things like personalities seem to make a big difference. With that in mind what is the most important attributes to factor in when hiring staff, and more specifically HOYD and Under 20 staff?

For the HOYD is it just simply Working with Youngsters, Judging player Ability & Potential are the best and need to be as high as possible or is it better to have worse ratings but a much better personality? Also, does the personality of the Under 20's staff have an affect on the youngsters or is it just simply the better they are at coaching, the better the players will become?

This challenge is certainly taking me down a dark hole, and making me think about everything completely differently

9 hours ago, schnauzer said:

Nabil Shariff is the GOAT! So many goals haha! To be fair, his scoring figures are what my strikers would have if they didn't finish so terribly  :lol:

Yeah, it's amazing what pace, off the ball and some skills at finishing can do at this level! :)

3 hours ago, Watson156 said:

As I have never done a youth only save, I had never really taken a massive notice/interest in the little things when it came to youth candidates. However doing this challenge I have noticed little things like personalities seem to make a big difference. With that in mind what is the most important attributes to factor in when hiring staff, and more specifically HOYD and Under 20 staff?

For the HOYD is it just simply Working with Youngsters, Judging player Ability & Potential are the best and need to be as high as possible or is it better to have worse ratings but a much better personality? Also, does the personality of the Under 20's staff have an affect on the youngsters or is it just simply the better they are at coaching, the better the players will become?

This challenge is certainly taking me down a dark hole, and making me think about everything completely differently

This is the fun thing about doing youth saves. No long bringing in players to fit into the massive gap in your squad, you need to fill it with youngsters or tactical changes.

There are different thoughts regarding staff abilities vs personality (which is just the hidden stats after all) since at the lower levels it's rare to find anyone good at both. My approach is to find good personalities at first. The reasoning behind this, is that they influence the players, and players with high professionalism, determination and ambition will improve more than players with lower attributes. So, for me, that kind of counter acts against the lower training stats of the staff. And those stats can (and will) improve over time (and coaching licences). So if a staff have a good personality and high levels in motivating and level of discipline, then I'm happy to sign them.

Now, a "high" rating is mostly based on the level I'm currently at. I've had some rather poor youth intakes the first few season, and even though I found a model professional to be my HoYD, he didn't do very well. I signed him because of his personality and his stats were ok for the level. But since I didn't have success with that I changed him before my last youth intake. And I found another guy, his personality is "professional", but his youth skills and judging potential and ability is much much higher. Looking at the newest intake, I think I made the right decision.

il y a 8 minutes, XaW a dit :

Yeah, it's amazing what pace, off the ball and some skills at finishing can do at this level! :)

This is the fun thing about doing youth saves. No long bringing in players to fit into the massive gap in your squad, you need to fill it with youngsters or tactical changes.

There are different thoughts regarding staff abilities vs personality (which is just the hidden stats after all) since at the lower levels it's rare to find anyone good at both. My approach is to find good personalities at first. The reasoning behind this, is that they influence the players, and players with high professionalism, determination and ambition will improve more than players with lower attributes. So, for me, that kind of counter acts against the lower training stats of the staff. And those stats can (and will) improve over time (and coaching licences). So if a staff have a good personality and high levels in motivating and level of discipline, then I'm happy to sign them.

Now, a "high" rating is mostly based on the level I'm currently at. I've had some rather poor youth intakes the first few season, and even though I found a model professional to be my HoYD, he didn't do very well. I signed him because of his personality and his stats were ok for the level. But since I didn't have success with that I changed him before my last youth intake. And I found another guy, his personality is "professional", but his youth skills and judging potential and ability is much much higher. Looking at the newest intake, I think I made the right decision.

I think the personality thing is overrated. The stats matter more than the personality. Personality matters when 2 staff are close in rating. Obv you want to run away from unambitious guy :D 

Just now, SpS_Zen said:

I think the personality thing is overrated. The stats matter more than the personality. Personality matters when 2 staff are close in rating. Obv you want to run away from unambitious guy :D 

I disagree, especially for the HoYD who have a direct impact on the personalities of the youth intake.

il y a 1 minute, XaW a dit :

I disagree, especially for the HoYD who have a direct impact on the personalities of the youth intake.

Yeah on 3-4 max of them, and i suppose the HOYD also have an impact on the quality of youth intakes. I prefer a 4 star potential with a normal personality than a 3 star citizen model :)

(Not at my laptop currently for the absolutely specifics, but below is a brief overview of something that happened last night)

Higher tier Scottish team : makes a derisory ₤230 offer for 16 year old Grant Winter (02C) after he played in 2 cup games before the league starts (his first two senior games in his career)
Me : hell no

Later that day.....

(02C) : I am not happy about being denied a move
Me : I have made my decision, you are staying.  Is there anything that would make the situation better?
(02C) : Treat me as a star player at this club
Me : ....
Me : Ok

You have to admire the bravado and balls on this kid...  He is now starting (except when he is tired, he is not handling 2 games a week very well currently)

4 hours ago, XaW said:

My take as well.  My HOYD has to be at a minimum Fairly Determined, so for those kids it is noted he has had an impact on get slightly higher determination in theory.  From there, Determined, Driven, Fairly Professional, Professional and above are the aim (making sure they still have good Judging Potential, Working with Youngsters, Motivating etc...)

41 minutes ago, Quacky said:

I'm really struggling with the match engine change. Its exposing my woefully inadequate centre backs at this level when the goalkeeper isn't so much of a god... and I still can't score.

Oh crap, did we get an update..... 
(One is definitely needed, but I just got a tactic semi working.......)

Yes it certainly looks like there was a bit of an update, it needed it just for my team its hurting.

32 minutes ago, Braumiller said:

(02C) : I am not happy about being denied a move
Me : I have made my decision, you are staying.  Is there anything that would make the situation better?
(02C) : Treat me as a star player at this club
Me : Ok

Also I just had the exact same conversation with one player. He is more of a useful rotation/development level but I can't afford to lose him.

41 minutes ago, Braumiller said:

My take as well.  My HOYD has to be at a minimum Fairly Determined, so for those kids it is noted he has had an impact on get slightly higher determination in theory.  From there, Determined, Driven, Fairly Professional, Professional and above are the aim (making sure they still have good Judging Potential, Working with Youngsters, Motivating etc...)

That's my thinking as well, especially when starting out, I'll take a good personality with poor stats over good stats.

Oh crap, did we get an update..... 
(One is definitely needed, but I just got a tactic semi working.......)

It's only if you're opened up for the public beta. 

For me, personality is a big part of how I do youth challenges, and to an extent manage teams generally if I'm going to be there for more than a couple of seasons.

Not just my HOYD. I select all staff largely on the basis of personality. Especially scouts in a youth challenge. DoFs too, and if I find a 'model' Technical Director or whatever the new role is called, the job will be his, or hers.

I'm sure it must have an impact on youth intake. 

I sometimes sign seemingly rubbish youth candidates if they have a good personality, and this season let 2 on the cusp candidates go because they had low determination.

It is my aim to change the squad personality to Professional, and I usually manage it. Mentoring has made it a lot tougher, but also more interesting.

Vikeologist's Palermo 2019/20 End of Season Report

Image result for palermo fc

So, my board wanted me to finish in the playoffs, but in a 20 team league, the top 10 go to the playoffs and the bottom 5 go to the relegation playouts or outright relegation, so the goals weren’t really so lofty for a club of our stature.

Of course, once all our top players left us before the start of the season, stature was all we had left.

It came down to the last league match of the season. We were in 10th place with a 2 point cushion. Fortunately we won, so I’ll never know if I’d have been sacked for failure.

So, on to the playoffs, with 26 other teams.

And having qualified for the playoffs, 2 more top players want to leave, no make that 3, plus at least 2 others whose contract is up in a year. Great timing lads. They could at least wait to see if the 1% chance of promotion through the playoffs this season transpires.

Anyway, my aim for the season (not get sacked) achieved, I went into the playoffs not expecting much.

We won the first round match against Reggina 1-0.

We went out in the next round 2-3 to FeralpiSalò. It was a very even match, but with the score at 2-2 in the closing stages, and FeralpiSalò going through in the event of a draw as the higher seeded team, we had no choice but to all out attack, and it bit us in the arse. Or maybe we’d have conceded anyway.

So, season over, but it’s been fairly productive.

Next season might be tougher.

My end of season awards are going to have spoilers for the first few seasons for the benefit of other managers who may be playing with Palermo as well.

Top Goalscorer -

Spoiler

Raimondo Lucera – 15.

The only good striker I inherited. Just 20 years old, he improved a lot during the season, but is certain to leave us in a year when his contract expires. 15 goals from 44 matches isn’t all that anyway.

Highest Average Rating (minimum 10 matches played) -

Spoiler

Roberto Crivello – 7.19

Without the minimum this would go to my intake striker Alfonso Marsiglione YP1a who bagged 5 goals in his 8 appearances at the end of the season.

Roberto is one of the 2 great left backs I inherited. His contract is up in a year, and he will be leaving.

Are you seeing a pattern here?

Man of The Match -

Spoiler

Massimiliano De Pascalis – 6

I’ll be honest, this was a bit of a surprise, because Massi frankly isn’t supposed to be any good. A central defender who started the season on 1 star current ability, but has now reached the dizzying heights of 2 stars. I dropped him at one point, because there seemed to be a better option, but I guess he fits my system better.

He’s only 16, so in effect he’s basically youth intake, albeit from the one before I took over. He could be very good. I’d get him to sign a new contract, but he’s only 16, so he hasn’t even started his first one yet.

I’m not sure whether I agreed the contract with him, so for all I know, he could be leaving in a year as well.

Most Valuable Player -

Spoiler

Alberto Pelagotti

My goalie. Lightyears ahead of the other goalkeepers at the club. My YP1b has potential though, which he will doubtless get the chance to realise in a year because Alberto’s contract is up in a year, and he’ll be leaving. In fact, he’s pretty keen to leave right now. Luckily nobody seems to want him, at least not for the exorbitant price I’m hawking him for.

Season	Division		Position	Notes										
20/21	C/C			8th		Eliminated in 2nd round of promotion playoffs.

20191113153117_1.jpg

20191113154513_1.jpg

20191113162057_1.jpg

Edited by vikeologist

So after getting back into Football Manager with 19, and messing about a bit with a youth focused play through, I've decided to give this a go.

Trying it in England, ended up choosing Rushall who have a only 12 players, i can somewhat fit them all in to player a 4-1-4-1. Lets see how this goes :-)

20191113165611_1.jpg

20191113171303_1.jpg

Bilderesultat for nk zadar

NK Zadar

Season Update 2022-2023

Another year, another 7th place finish. As last year, we started the season pretty well, winning two and drawing two in our first games. We then had 9 games without a win! The season kept on going in that direction. We sometimes showed some good football, before being thrown straight back in to a terrible run of form. We are in the top division, there are some really good teams, and we are really not one of them. The only reason we are staying up is: 

- Only one team go down

- NK Istra 1961 (relegated) were shockingly bad

- We always seem to hit one or two good runs of form. 

We won only 8 of our 35 games, but we still managed to avoid relegation by a 10 point margin, that tells you how strange this league system is. 

We had a great cup run, reaching the semi-final. Only thing is, there is no prize money at all :(

We have had some improvements to our youth recruiting and junior coaches, but there is a potential pitfall up the road: club finances. We are in such a bad shape and with almost no TV or prize money our best hope is to get new owners. We certainly don't have any players that can be sold for a lot, so lets hope our unhappy owner can sell the club! 

Goals for next season: 

- Avoid relegation and avoid bankrupcy

Summary

21.thumb.jpg.5d61caee918793f7540b8a89883aa8ac.jpg     22.thumb.jpg.1dbaaf4f5d54e2f8e6be106e4aa87ed1.jpg     23.thumb.jpg.167cba402df4ba2a873096b0890f4a6f.jpg     24.thumb.jpg.22b4e2989de892ea3efdad8d25c14228.jpg

Top performers

25.thumb.jpg.90361f080e72ddce14511ae9784498b1.jpg     26.thumb.jpg.8525b8ad7eb77c8d929e8e34b6b2e38d.jpg     27.thumb.jpg.0c95d402f3f38159eb6064a706a73fee.jpg

Top prospects

28.thumb.jpg.8b6f7ae62f970e400b427f0b33acb608.jpg     29.thumb.jpg.7ab6acc5bbf252028d5ffa1b92e6beb1.jpg     30.thumb.jpg.b8bb3e0f1a78bf90cb1b8d4d1224bf09.jpg

Season	|   League                            |  Position |  League Cup   |        Europe         |   Notes
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2020/21	|   Druga Hrvatska Nogotemna Liga     |  1st      |  Semi-final   |         N/A	          |   Promotion to top division first year
2021/22	|   MaxTV Hrvatska Nogotemna Liga     |  7th      |  2nd round    |         N/A	          |   Stayed in the league. Good first half of the season
2022/23	|   MaxTV Hrvatska Nogotemna Liga     |  7th      |  Semi-final   |         N/A	          |   No improvement on last year, only worse finances

Quick little mid-season update at Rijnsburgse Boys

517717226_FootballManager202011_13_20191_48_03PM.thumb.png.2c4f37b745a217fa968108a4b1b608bd.png

A solid run of form featured a four-match winning streak and a pair of wins over Go Ahead Eagles (love that name) and FC Volendam.  

1456011980_FootballManager202011_13_20191_48_20PM.thumb.png.da4f8b4d836bc5fcd7e7814e9d7f7c94.png

We finished second in the period to Excelsior but they had already qualified for the playoffs so the slot falls to the second place team...Rijnsburgse Boys.  So, we've got some extra football to look forward to when the regular season is over.

879630936_FootballManager202011_12_20199_11_47PM.thumb.png.6740055fbc818f4165e2e03558b1edc2.png

Sadly, it does not look like that a youth intake will be anything to write home about but it does sound like we have a good goalkeeper coming through which might save the class.

A fantastic decision by the board.  They decided to accept a bid from Hajduk Split for our very talented goalkeeper Elvis Miljanic. After basically threatening to quit, putting the save in jeopardy (!), they backtracked and decided to whitdraw their decision. On FM19, after I did this on the same challenge, the board didn't sell a player over my head again, so I'm hoping its the same this year. Our finances are still terrible, but this sale wouldnt have solved it anyway! 

31.thumb.jpg.8d1770ea4413a1a98b1424509cc5cd25.jpg                32.thumb.jpg.4f1bcb9ec904df2c14b443ee78b49549.jpg

Bildresultat för nybro if

Season Update 2020

So Sweden is the destination Nybro IF is the club, seemed the better pick out of the new teams that got promoted 

League

Begining of the season the club was hoovering above the drop zone scraping a few wins together i couldnt settle on a formation but decided that if the team was going to go down, we would go down fighting so i changed from a reserved formation to a Gengenpressing  4-1-2-3..

Squad

So the Squad is nothing to write home about but a have a smattering of good players - Andreas Axelsson who was drafted in from the youth for outgoing  Yuki Koizumi who i wanted to keep but powerless to do anything about Rasmus Artbrandt who mainly played in DM position and really came good 

Transfers

1 In before i became manager and 1 out 

Finances

I like the colour red...but on a serious note this needs looking at

Youth Intake

Nothing special but ive drafted a few players in including

Mikael Axelsson YCO1

Hampus Fredriksson YC06

Jesper Arvidsson YC08

Markus Eklund YC03

Mathis Israelsson YC05

Simon Israelsson YC04

Thier were a few more but just adding to the numbers, maybe 1 or 2 could make it but I'm not holding out much hope

Plans for Next season

Stay in the division is the overall theme from the board but I'm looking to better last season 

Edited by streety
deletion of picture

Was relegated with Mantova after losing 2-1 in aggregate in the relegation playout.

Would have honestly deserved to be relegated the proper way, cause I couldn't find a working tactic and XI all season long.

Will have a nights sleep to think if I will restart with another Italian team or try Mantova again. :lol: 

2 minutes ago, Atrux said:

Was relegated with Mantova after losing 2-1 in aggregate in the relegation playout.

Would have honestly deserved to be relegated the proper way, cause I couldn't find a working tactic and XI all season long.

Will have a nights sleep to think if I will restart with another Italian team or try Mantova again. :lol: 

Unlucky with Mantova...sleep on it come back stronger..

9 hours ago, Watson156 said:

I've decided to put my save on hold until the full game comes out. I cant decide if I want to stay on the Beta version or try the new public beta, but ultimately I don't want to screw up my save, so I've decided to wait.

I think they have the same version now.

19635.png

So after the close failure with Mantova I will start with another team in Italy. I could have gone with Mantova again, but felt like I should switch it up and look at that logo:eek:

So Taranto it is, every tactics advice is welcome, there is a huge difference between teams in this challenge and Darlington, so I struggle quite hard. Love reading your stories though. 

Edited by Atrux

205826421_PalermoLogo.thumb.jpg.988d91b6cf8c6eed509b633797e2d4e9.jpg

Season 2022 / 23    

League Table          Youth Intake          Transfer History

Season 2020 / 21 - 6th in Serie C  Group C - Knocked out in Promotion Playoff Qtr Final

Season 2021 / 22 - 3rd in Serie C Group C - Knocked out in Promotion Playoff Qtr Final

Season 2022 / 23 - 2nd in Serie C Group C - Knocked out in Promotion Playoff Qtr Final

A fantastic season overall, but towards the end of the season and the playoffs my boys turned off a switch and couldnt score :( 

Starting to feel ready for a higher level so I will fight hard for promotion and  the leauge win yet again.

Nothing to highlight from the youth intake, it was bad. In the preview I was told we had a very talented midfielder in Morratta and some very promising full backs.

None of that happend :( I was very optimistic when they even named him...well well.

GL All !!! :) 

So mid-season update (no idea how you all play so fast lol)

What i didn't notice in first post was that one of my defenders was retiring, so I've only had 11 players this season 2 of which are keepers. Stuck with the 4-1-4-1 formation though and basically tried to play keep-ball and grind out 1-0 wins or 0-0 draws. Its actually worked surprising well as you can see below. Currently 11th in Vanarama National North with a 11W 5D 10L record and -14 GD, basically if i concede my team just crumbles to a 3 or 4 goal loss. Goals and assists been spread though  most of team. My one CB has just received  his 10th yellow, Cup wise we done ok but honestly with the lack of players I probably prefer the rest time.

Had my youth intake preview and thankfully says alot of CB which i really really need.

20191114160838_1.jpg

20191114160655_1.jpg

20191114162224_1.jpg

On 10/11/2019 at 20:07, Novafluff said:

You playing as Nybro as well huh? :) Mårtensson is okay as well as second RW

just out of intrest what formation are you going forward with

Midway through our 3rd season in the top division we are in our usual 7th place. Against the top teams we are getting outplayed! But must be doing something right, as Hajduk Split offers me an interview. Obviously something I wont attend, but still a good sign! 

33.thumb.jpg.2412c4235b8fdce2c08d83d14585abdc.jpg

New owners! After a disastrous financial situation over the last two seasons, our prayers have been answered. New owners have taken over the club and we went straight from £1,2 million in the red to now being healthy again. That will only last until the end of the season, as we still have basically no income, but with young talents coming up we will be looking to offload some of the high earners. 

The board has set out its vision and they want me to keep within the wage budget as well as "Develop the best youth system in the country". Sounds great!! Maximun one year deals for players over 32 sounds good as well. 

Now lets hope we can get some improvements done to our facilities! 

34.jpg

35.jpg

2022 Rijnsburgse Boys Youth Intake

With poor youth and training facilities paired with basic and fairly basic recruitment and coaching, I did not have high expectations for the youth intake.  We did not have a lot of talent come in during the intake but there may be a player or two who can help us in the short term.  Long term: I'm not expecting much.

football-manager-2020-11_14_2019-12_57_3

3* potential is the best that this class has to offer.  Meh.  But some usable talent

Roel van Koesveld 22A is the top of the class but it's a center forward who has low finishing and not a lot of pace to make up for it.  Should be a solid back-up for me right away.

Gijs Vreman 22B is a player who is without a position in my formations this season.  I'll need to shift to a 4-2-3-1 to find a spot for his natural position or he will need to play out of position on the wing.

Eelco Beyer 22C is a true left winger who, I think has the best potential from this class.  His attributes aren't the best right now but I think he's got a decent ceiling.

With our salary outlay among the lowest in the league, we've turned a profit every month so I've put those profits into the training facilities.

football-manager-2020-11_14_2019-1_40_17

football-manager-2020-11_14_2019-1_39_46

njvjD5K.png

St. Ives 2024/25 Season Review

League Table    Playoffs    Youth Intake    Squad    Transfers

I. Can't. With. Single. Elimination. :seagull:

At least the players are still performing and developing. Seeby had another good season, Knight is one of our best performers, and Turner and Austin are keeping their starting spots locked down. For new faces, Duncliffe has improved well enough that he's challenging my starting defenders for their spots, especially in light of Jackson's poor season. I'm also trying to give Seal minutes, but he'll probably need another year before he's quite there.

The youth intake was okay. Gardner-West looks like he could be quite good in a couple of years and while Newton and Gough both lack in some key areas for me, they should have room to grow. Some players I didn't think much of initially have ended up developing quite well, so we'll see how things go with these guys. This'll also be the first time I opt not to sign a number of the candidates, so fingers crossed I didn't just overlook someone...

Season    League              Finish   Notes
2024/25   Vanarama North      2nd      Lost in Playoff 2nd Rnd
2023/24   Vanarama North      5th      Lost in Playoff 2nd Rnd
2022/23   Vanarama North      4th      Lost in Playoff 1st Rnd
2021/22   Vanarama North      9th      -
2020/21   Vanarama North      15th     -