Football Manager 2020 Touch Pre-Release Beta *Official* Feedback Thread

• Administrators

As you've hopefully already seen, the Football Manager 2020 Touch Pre-Release Beta is now available to download and install.

This thread is for any feedback on the game, all we ask is to please keep it constructive. And as always, if you do come across any issues within the game, please do take the time to raise them via our Football Manager 2020 Touch Pre-Release Beta Bugs Forum.

We very much hope you enjoy! 

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

6 minutes ago, rafaelbenitez said:

Just loaded up a test save with Inter. Can confirm that Club Vision, Playing Time Pathway and Development Centre are all in the game.

The colour coding for the attribute boxes is not particularly pleasant though.

About time! Gonna boot my beta up now

Although I've not really progressed past a couple of days, massive kudos to SI for bringing in the 3 main new additions for the full fat game into FMT this year. This will really spice up long term saves and have me playing this version a lot more than I did last year :thup:

22 minutes ago, rafaelbenitez said:

Just loaded up a test save with Inter. Can confirm that Club Vision, Playing Time Pathway and Development Centre are all in the game.

The first point is excellent news, although can’t the colour coding be changed?

6 minutes ago, GeorgeScotland said:

The first point is excellent news, although can’t the colour coding be changed?

I don't think you can do so in the Touch version. Only the default skin is available at the moment. Wonder if we'll get the usual retro skin at launch.

I downloaded the beta noticed the gameplay was kind of choppy so I turned off Retina Display like I did with FM19 and now I can't click on any of the menus. I've tried restarting the game and laptop and nothing happens. I'm playing on a 2015 MacBook Pro with the new OS 

Edit: I couldn't find anyway to fix this so I had to delete the game and reinstall it completely. 

Edited by TheSpider

1 hour ago, rafaelbenitez said:

mind to post a screenshot of a player profile to show the color of the attribute boxes?

Thanks for the info about the new features, love it that the 3 main features are in touch

20 minutes ago, DavyDepuydt1 said:

mind to post a screenshot of a player profile to show the color of the attribute boxes?

Thanks for the info about the new features, love it that the 3 main features are in touch

The attributes colours can be changed in the preference menus.

• SI Staff
2 hours ago, rafaelbenitez said:

I don't know if this is by design, but is it not possible to change a player's squad status anymore? The only place where I seem to be able to adjust this is by offering a player a new contract.

We're planning to add a Playing Time section to the Player Profile Information screen to make this easier but for now you can use the context menu (right-click the player's name) to do it. Be aware that the player is likely to become unhappy if you reduce their currently agreed playing time!

2 minutes ago, Alex Pitt said:

@Lashley do you have an Assistant Manager, Head of Youth and/or Director of Football? And if you go to the Staff > Responsibilities screen is the 'Manage Friendly Matches' option set to Manager?

I do, I think it was the friendlies that caused it. Thanks :)

• SI Staff

So you had to set Manage Friendlies to Backroom Staff to fix it? If so that's still a bug we'll look into. :)

Though I'm not seeing that internally at present - did you change or release any of your staff at any point?

Have to say the game looks really polished this year. I've played 5 friendlies and am yet to encounter anything dubious, beyond my team not using it's allocated shirt numbers in friendlies (which isn't a major issue really).

There might be a slight balancing issue with the frequency of headed attacking chances in the ME. Most of my chances seem to come from crosses. Certainly in my first league match my team scored 3 goals, all from headed chances. Could be a one off, so will look further at this.

16 minutes ago, Alex Pitt said:

So you had to set Manage Friendlies to Backroom Staff to fix it? If so that's still a bug we'll look into. :)

Though I'm not seeing that internally at present - did you change or release any of your staff at any point?

I spoke to soon it didn't fix it.

Using create a club mode so unticked retain backroom staff but have signed a new assistant manager, etc, all the staff roles are filled

The Chelsea squad - which is under transfer embargo - only has two goalkeepers plus Blackman out on loan. Two keeps is probably one too few for a season . Could Jamie Cumming be added at the expense of one of the other lesser known outfield youth players?

19 minutes ago, Dotsworthy said:

What is the training like? Does it incorporate the training from full fat FM or is it the same as FM19 Touch?

My only bug bear with last year was seeing players complain about training that was performed under the hood without my input!

same as usual

4 hours ago, 17Gonzo said:

Have to say the game looks really polished this year. I've played 5 friendlies and am yet to encounter anything dubious

Same here, it really feels like I'm playing an enhanced FM19, not a v1.0 beta version! Definitely the tightest beta I've played yet. Getting some very realistic results and stats so far.

Any reason why "selection advice" was not implemented in FM Touch? seems like a feature that very much matches the FMT scene...
Also very handy with the new "Playing Time" to get some advice on when you might want to start a certain player. (like in a cup match a cup goalkeeper)

Spent some time with the full game too. Some observations:

1. It would be cool to have the club culture section at the bottom of the team selection screen when starting a new game. This really helps in the full game as a preview so you don't take a job that has a philosophy that doesn't interest you.

2. Club culture objectives in FMT are a little limited when compared to the full game. For example as Porto, in the full game you have to "sign players from domestic rivals", play "attacking football" and develop players using the club's youth system. However, in FMT it's just limited to playing attacking football.

3. In the full game when I've offered a contract to a player, you're required to set their playing pathway for the duration of their contract before proceeding to the actual negotiations. However, this doesn't seem to be possible in FMT. You only seem to be able to adjust the playing time just the once. So, for example, for a 3 year contract that I offer to a youngster, I can set future prospect -> breakthrough prospect -> squad player in the full game. However, if I were to offer a contract to a player in FMT, I'd only be able to set him as a future prospect and that will remain for the entire 3 years unless I manually change it. Not sure if this is meant to be by design.

On 31/10/2019 at 13:27, Neil Brock said:

As you've hopefully already seen, the Football Manager 2020 Touch Pre-Release Beta is now available to download and install.

This thread is for any feedback on the game, all we ask is to please keep it constructive. And as always, if you do come across any issues within the game, please do take the time to raise them via our Football Manager 2020 Touch Pre-Release Beta Bugs Forum.

We very much hope you enjoy! 

Trying to search the FM Touch 2020 on the Apple App Store, however could not find. Solely FM Touch 2019 or FM Mobile 2020.

US Region. If I buy the game on Foot’Manager website how could I download it to my IPAD?

An area for further improvement is how the game deals with VAR reviews, particularly offside. Rather than cutting away from the highlight, with then a text update at the top of the screen, I would rather stay with the highlight see the players on the pitch stood about waiting. Perhaps even put the VAR logo on the big screens during the short wait. It would be good to then show the decision and the players reacting to that.

• SI Staff
11 minutes ago, Finochio said:

Trying to search the FM Touch 2020 on the Apple App Store, however could not find. Solely FM Touch 2019 or FM Mobile 2020.

US Region. If I buy the game on Foot’Manager website how could I download it to my IPAD?

The Pre-Release Beta is only available on Steam. To get it on your iPad you will have to wait for the full release of the game on the App Store. Do not buy the game from the website if you only want it on your iPad - the only way to get the game on iPad is from the App Store once the game is released.

53 minutes ago, Alex Pitt said:

The Pre-Release Beta is only available on Steam. To get it on your iPad you will have to wait for the full release of the game on the App Store. Do not buy the game from the website if you only want it on your iPad - the only way to get the game on iPad is from the App Store once the game is released.

Great! I’ll be waiting! Many thanks Alex!

• Administrators
1 hour ago, Lashley said:

It's still forcing me to take charge of reserve games

Was discussing this one earlier, it's something we're aware of. I think in your case you've done one of your Create a Club saves, and not retained the backroom staff?

1 minute ago, Lucas said:

Was discussing this one earlier, it's something we're aware of. I think in your case you've done one of your Create a Club saves, and not retained the backroom staff?

Yeah, created club and didn't retain staff. I do have all staff roles filled now though, but still does it.

Also, is there no way to manage Inter Miami from the start on FMT? It lets me on FM regular, even if I start in 2019

Because feedback doesn't need to be negative all the time: I love how the DoF works. It's the first time that he manages to complete transfers (loan transfers, free transfers, end of contract,  normal transfers).

In previous versions this didn't work very well, especially with small teams.

I've now tested with large and small teams and all type of transfer work very well with the DoF. I've been waiting for years for it to work this well. Very good job SI !

• Administrators
1 hour ago, chucklehead said:

Guys has anyone else playing FM20 found that when looking at loan players, every single one now requires a 100% wage contribution?

Loans cost money as in real life. However you will find some at a discount or even for free with an affiliate

7 minutes ago, Lucas said:

Loans cost money as in real life. However you will find some at a discount or even for free with an affiliate

Hi Lucas, thanks for the reply mate. Is that confirmed then, that all loans will require a 100% contribution if not from an affiliate club?

Not shouting and screaming about it, but it does feel like quite a departure from previous editions. Does also seem strange that there is the option to offer less if it is always going to be refused.

I have absolutely no more knowledge than anyone else, but I'd be surprised if there aren't loans IRL where the player is paid still by their parent club, especially loans to Conference sides

• Administrators

I said, some. 

Depending on what side you are, who you're loaning from and their disposition to said loan proposal you may have to pay some, or all or even none of their wages. 

There's no blanket 100% contribution for all loans.