Jump to content

Football Manager 2020 Pre-Release Beta *Official* Feedback Thread


Recommended Posts

  • Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Just now, craigcwwe said:

I like it. The new delegate button is helpful. 

Sure you'll get used to it the more you use it. 

I'm talking about the game settings, the FM > Preferences options.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Johnny Ace said:

Untitled.thumb.png.68f1e3a37317ad9526cbe698318e9f7d.png

 

Is this not were we let our youth team coach use whatever tactic he wants? I don't want them using my tactics or a generic version of his favorite formation

I believe that if you have him set to his preferred formation he'll use whichever tactics he wants. It just won't show on that page.

Link to post
Share on other sites

The dreaded determination drop because of "squad's characteristics" is back.
Within less than a month into the season.

On a squad where no influental players have determination lower than 14.
Good stuff, you gotta ruin my OCD.

Link to post
Share on other sites

stupid bug, made a promise in the contact terms to give a youngster who I have signed a loan deal, in the end hes in my start 11 played 3 come as sub once, anyways calls a meeting and is very unhappy I haven't sorted a loan for him!!!! jesus surely me picking in for starting 11 overrides the promise of a loan deal

Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, daveh83 said:

stupid bug, made a promise in the contact terms to give a youngster who I have signed a loan deal, in the end hes in my start 11 played 3 come as sub once, anyways calls a meeting and is very unhappy I haven't sorted a loan for him!!!! jesus surely me picking in for starting 11 overrides the promise of a loan deal

Honestly for me that’s not a bug, you made a promise, maybe he wanted to sign for your club but wants to be loaned out TIL you’re sacked? ;)

Edited by Gunnersmoke
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, autohoratio said:

General match feedback from what I've noticed in my first few matches

  • Players are too unwilling to play first time crosses and passes, instead they'll take too many unnecessary touches. Often the player
  • Passing in the central third is much improved, but I have noticed repetitive passing between a CM and a nearby AM/wide player, where they'll just pass the ball between themselves several times without really making an effort to seek out a runner
  • Diagonal cross-field long balls (RB to LW/LB to RW) are too accurate
  • Wing backs like being caught offside often (might be my tactic though)
  • Players are still unwilling to control a cross with their chest or bring it down to their feet, instead they'll head it at the earliest opportunity
  • Goalkeepers are too slow/unwilling to sweep up loose balls (and equally, my wing backs have been a bit slower than I'd like to get to the loose balls and pass back to GK)
  • Instructing CMs to shoot less often has resulted in them being unwilling to take shots from ~5-10m outside the box when there's an opening and they're unmarked in acres of space, I'll have to do more tweaking to see if I can get an improved balance
  • AMC movement is much better than FM19
  • In a possession system, players are still too eager to clear the ball at the earliest opportunity instead of trying to retain possession

This a great example of constructive feedback for those who are wondering. Someone like @Jack Joyce would be able to see this, note it, and ask for any PKM examples they've seen to go in the bugs section, at which point they could look into it and determine what's an issue and what isn't etc. To the point, no digs at anyone, no rants, no hyperbole. Its really that easy

Link to post
Share on other sites

 

32 minutes ago, GunmaN1905 said:

The dreaded determination drop because of "squad's characteristics" is back.
Within less than a month into the season.

On a squad where no influental players have determination lower than 14.
Good stuff, you gotta ruin my OCD.

This is a bug 100% 

Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm liking it its feeling like £5 more like a real managers job every year, this is about the best yet, it seems faster but i have just got a gaming machine. What else the match engine looks much better and the finished one should be great. excellent stuff...

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Gunnersmoke said:

Honestly for me that’s not a bug, you made a promise, maybe he wanted to sign for your club but wants to be loaned out TIL you’re sacked? ;)

You on a wind up? If I joined a club as a 17 yr old and agreed ad be loaned out as I knew am not gonna get first team place. And all of a suddern there’s a injury and I get a chance and the manager sticks with me coz I played well. You really think during the week ad bang on his door demanding I be loaned to a 3rd division club playing to 1000 ppl every week ?? Give your head a wobble 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Is this a known issue or should it be ignored? Not kicked a ball yet and the board are 'Concerned that the club looks unlikely to earn promotion to the Premier Division as expected'

I know the Leeds board are quick to pull the trigger on managers, but let us at least play a match first..

image.thumb.png.482561d4fbd3f5de721049949cdad8bd.png

Link to post
Share on other sites
52 minutes ago, GunmaN1905 said:

The dreaded determination drop because of "squad's characteristics" is back.
Within less than a month into the season.

On a squad where no influental players have determination lower than 14.
Good stuff, you gotta ruin my OCD.

They will have been influenced by a player with less Determination than they have themselves.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, evertonmarc said:

Maybe i'm going blind, but don't have the U18/U23 squad options on the left bar. Basically have to go into squad and filter by the groups...….

It's now behind the development centre on the left bar. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Glenn Wakeford said:

Hi @RandomGuy.

Could you please post here - https://community.sigames.com/forum/724-all-other-gameplay/ with your save game where you're seeing this behaviour please?

It's something we're aware of but need more working examples of to look at in a deeper fashion. Thanks :thup:

Started a topic for it, think I've uploaded a save correctly, named Daniel Begg - St. Johnstone.fm

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, evertonmarc said:

Maybe i'm going blind, but don't have the U18/U23 squad options on the left bar. Basically have to go into squad and filter by the groups...….

This is now contained within the Dev Centre.

If you would like the sidebar icons present, you need to take control of that team (team training, individual training, matches or the whole thing).

Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, daveh83 said:

You on a wind up? If I joined a club as a 17 yr old and agreed ad be loaned out as I knew am not gonna get first team place. And all of a suddern there’s a injury and I get a chance and the manager sticks with me coz I played well. You really think during the week ad bang on his door demanding I be loaned to a 3rd division club playing to 1000 ppl every week ?? Give your head a wobble 

Yeah my reply was tongue in cheek

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Seb Wassell said:

This is now contained within the Dev Centre.

If you would like the sidebar icons present, you need to take control of that team (team training, individual training, matches or the whole thing).

From what I've seen so far, 99% of your decisions are spot on.

Not having sidebar tabs for reserve and youth squads falls in the 1%

Edited by rdbayly
Link to post
Share on other sites
vor 2 Stunden schrieb herne79:

People only tend to get banned because of unnecessary abuse, lack of respect or constant spamming - and then usually only after they've ignored several warnings (unless it's really over the top) asking them to stop.  Unless it's excessive abuse, Mods follow guidelines of general in thread warning > private warning (if in thread is ignored) > ban (if private warning is ignored as well).  So the only real reason why people get banned is because of themselves.  It's rare someone just gets a straight up ban without a warning (the last one I did was because of homophobic abuse).

The problem tends to come when people think they're just voicing their opinion.  "SI are incompetent, it's just my opinion, you can't ban me for expressing an opinion".  It may be an opinion but it's not only disrespectful, it's opinion laced with abuse aimed at individuals.

So if there is something you don't like about the game, say it.  Ideally in a constructive manner (as forameuss gave as an example) but feedback about the game is just that - stick to talking about the game.  It's usually when people start to mention individuals or groups of individuals questioning their competence, calling them names or spamming the same thing over and over (for example) that's when the wicket becomes sticky.

I think it's because people get emotional and therfore voice their criticism emotionally, this does not mean its spam or should be a bannabel offense.

 

Fm is an emotonal game,  you work hard on what are essentially spreadsheets in order to be rewarded when you finally get your team to play like you want, at least it is for me. 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, thejay said:

I think it's because people get emotional and therfore voice their criticism emotionally, this does not mean its spam or should be a bannabel offense.

 

Fm is an emotonal game,  you work hard on what are essentially spreadsheets in order to be rewarded when you finally get your team to play like you want, at least it is for me. 

 

It's a game, if it winds you up to the point you are incapable of posting in an adult manner on a forum, you really need to find another hobby.

Link to post
Share on other sites

I really wish any requests made with the Pre-match Tactical Briefings would only affect the upcoming match. After the match concludes, it should revert back to my default team tactics and instructions. That seems more logical imo as those briefings are meant to be opponent specific. If I want to exploit the flank vs my next opponent and play counter-attack, it doesn't mean I want to change my default tactic forever. I've been requesting this change since Pre-match Tactical Briefings appeared a few years ago. How it is currently, I ignore every single PTB's. 

Edited by rain94
Link to post
Share on other sites
54 minutes ago, Seb Wassell said:

This is now contained within the Dev Centre.

If you would like the sidebar icons present, you need to take control of that team (team training, individual training, matches or the whole thing).

Very poor UI on that one. 

To get to the U23 now requires three clicks rather than one simple click, and having to take control of the team just to dip in and out is not a solution. 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
53 minutes ago, rdbayly said:

From what I've seen so far, 99% of your decisions are spot on.

Not having sidebar tabs for reserve and youth squads falls in the 1%

Unfortunately we cannot have them available by default at this time as they would not fit on the sidebar in minimum resolution.

Link to post
Share on other sites

This has to be a bug, right?

CF1JsSk.png

Fixtures are fine during the rest of the season. There should be only one instance of consecutive home/away fixtures in Serie A. Not counting 19/20th matchday.
(It's the same in the first part of the season, fixtures aren't scrambled.)

Edited by GunmaN1905
Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Seb Wassell said:

Unfortunately we cannot have them available by default at this time as they would not fit on the sidebar in minimum resolution.

CAn they be added manually by those of us that have modern monitors. 

AS you can see I have a bit of space left :)

 

Capture.JPG

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Jamman said:

Very poor UI on that one. 

To get to the U23 now requires three clicks rather than one simple click, and having to take control of the team just to dip in and out is not a solution. 

 

It is now two clicks to dip in and out:

'Development Centre > Under X Team - Squad'
or
Right-click on the Dev Centre sidebar icon and select via the tree menu

The intention of the Overview pages (general and team specific) under the Dev Centre is to provide you with more, and more contextual, information than the Squad page provides. We believe this to be more beneficial to Users that prefer a hands-off approach to the Youth teams. The view here is adaptable and will be remembered when you navigate away.

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Jamman said:

CAn they be added manually by those of us that have modern monitors. 

AS you can see I have a bit of space left :)

 

Capture.JPG

Please do post a feature request :thup:

Out of interest - what resolution/text size are you using there and is there not a more suitable one? That does not look ideal.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Seb Wassell said:

It is now two clicks to dip in and out:

'Development Centre > Under X Team - Squad'
or
Right-click on the Dev Centre sidebar icon and select via the tree menu

The intention of the Overview pages (general and team specific) under the Dev Centre is to provide you with more, and more contextual, information than the Squad page provides. We believe this to be more beneficial to Users that prefer a hands-off approach to the Youth teams. The view here is adaptable and will be remembered when you navigate away.

Didnt realise you didnt have to click the title, but even so, its two clicks and having to move mouse when we could just click once. 

You are doing a Microsoft here and adding clicks and complexity where not needed.

Going in and out of the U23s is something I Do all the time, having to do this is just a pain, and as you can see from the screen grab I posted, I have less than half the side bar used so its daft.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Seb Wassell said:

Please do post a feature request :thup:

Out of interest - what resolution/text size are you using there and is there not a more suitable one? That does not look ideal.

2560 x1440  and no offence its a very suitable one, I have lots of screen estate and in match I can get tons of  info on there.

Rather than focussing on people who cant fit much on their screens you should also be considering those of us who have larger monitors who can include more.

Posting a feature request for something that existed in the last game seems a bit of a pain.

 

 

Edited by Jamman
Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Jamman said:

Didnt realise you didnt have to click the title, but even so, its two clicks and having to move mouse when we could just click once. 

You are doing a Microsoft here and adding clicks and complexity where not needed.

Going in and out of the U23s is something I Do all the time, having to do this is just a pain, and as you can see from the screen grab I posted, I have less than half the side bar used so its daft.

Feedback noted :)

We believe that the benefits the Development Centre brings (and it needing to be on the sidebar), to both hands-off and hands-on Users, outweigh the added click.

However, if after spending some time with it (changes to a familiar system can take a little while to settle sometimes), you believe this not to be beneficial with the way you play, please do let me know why that is.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Seb Wassell said:

Feedback noted :)

We believe that the benefits the Development Centre brings (and it needing to be on the sidebar), to both hands-off and hands-on Users, outweigh the added click.

However, if after spending some time with it (changes to a familiar system can take a little while to settle sometimes), you believe this not to be beneficial with the way you play, please do let me know why that is.

I can already tell you qhy on this one and it wont change, I go in and out of the U23 screen all the time, the extra info doesnt give me anything I want to see so its just poor UI for me. Having the option to have all your squads on the sidebar should at the very least be optional.

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
vor 1 Minute schrieb Seb Wassell:

Feedback noted :)

We believe that the benefits the Development Centre brings (and it needing to be on the sidebar), to both hands-off and hands-on Users, outweigh the added click.

However, if after spending some time with it (changes to a familiar system can take a little while to settle sometimes), you believe this not to be beneficial with the way you play, please do let me know why that is.

Adding tabs to the sidebar could become a popular feature request. :brock:

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Jamman said:

I can already tell you qhy on this one and it wont change, I go in and out of the U23 screen all the time, the extra info doesnt give me anything I want to see so its just poor UI for me. Having the option to have all your squads on the sidebar should at the very least be optional.

 

3 minutes ago, KUBI said:

Adding tabs to the sidebar could become a popular feature request. :brock:

Get it posted in the Feature Request area and we'll get it reviewed for the future :thup:

Link to post
Share on other sites

I think is a question of habit (like the new Preferences menu), but I also struggle a bit by not seeing direct links in the sidebar to my youngster squads. Since I used to click there every single day in previous editions. On the other hand I'm enjoying the way the Development Center was done. Good job!

Link to post
Share on other sites
Gerade eben schrieb gavinski33:

Just take charge of individual training? As long as you take charge of something it turns up where it was last year

How can I take charge for Happiness? There are a lot of tabs and people have their own priorities.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Ugh, the pitches on the 3D engine would be fine if it wasn't for those pointless patches on the 'grass' that appear during the game. It looks horrible. I hope pitch mods are released that take this away. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
vor 1 Minute schrieb Purple Bane:

To avoid starting a whole thread:

BHrQYs2.png

Cam someone let me know how i can just get a normal dark plain backghround like any previous game. Surely nobody wants or asked for this for commentary only mode?

This is something for the bugs forum, user interface.

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, KUBI said:

How can I take charge for Happiness? There are a lot of tabs and people have their own priorities.

But surely if you're interested enough to pay such close attention to your under x teams that you require a tab, then you'd be interested enough to control some facet of their development? I think some of the grumbling about the handful of new UI features are because they're just a bit different to what we've always had, and we're 24 hours in. Tabs, to me anyways, are pretty much this years purple. But as you said, people have different priorities. I'm slowly figuring my way around it and I'm sure it'll all become second nature again soon enough

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, gavinski33 said:

But surely if you're interested enough to pay such close attention to your under x teams that you require a tab, then you'd be interested enough to control some facet of their development? I think some of the grumbling about the handful of new UI features are because they're just a bit different to what we've always had, and we're 24 hours in. Tabs, to me anyways, are pretty much this years purple. But as you said, people have different priorities. I'm slowly figuring my way around it and I'm sure it'll all become second nature again soon enough

Not really, I want to be able to check up on the squads, move people in and out, but I never want to take control of training.

Its not about being second nature, its about good UI, having to click twice and move the mouse to get through a screen you dont want, when one click did the same thing isnt something getting used to new UI features, its about having regularly used screens hidden behind other screens when theres no real benefit.

Ive raised it as a feature anyway.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

I’m loving the new tactics feature that tells you where a player will or won’t be with the roles you have set up. The code of conduct for automatic discipline is a nice touch too. I haven’t been watching the feature videos as I like to find them myself so this has been a nice surprise.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Jamman said:

Not really, I want to be able to check up on the squads, move people in and out, but I never want to take control of training.

Its not about being second nature, its about good UI, having to click twice and move the mouse to get through a screen you dont want, when one click did the same thing isnt something getting used to new UI features, its about having regularly used screens hidden behind other screens when theres no real benefit.

Ive raised it as a feature anyway.

 

That's fair, beauty of the game is that we all play it a different way. Like I say, I prefer to give reserves and under 18's etc my own individual training but leave the general and matches to the staff. As such the tab turns up where it used to be anyways and hasn't impacted how I manage my teams at all.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...