Football Manager 2020 Pre-Release Beta *Official* Feedback Thread

1 hour ago, Seb Wassell said:

Yes.

Please note there may be some issues that require a new game for a resolution however.

Would you be able to advise at this stage what those issues would be or at full release?

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, Gripper said:

We['ve been working hard on it the last few days, so expect to see many improvements for the release version of the game for that level.

As a long-term fan I believe I'm correct in thinking this is the first time in many, many years new leagues have been added? Thanks for all the incredibly hard work that's gone into this!

Can anyone confirm whether if this is a bug before I post it on the bug section - 

I tried to select B team manager (as Ajax) for the match day but it is unavailable however B team manager is available to select for B team friendly only. I somehow cannot pick him for the B team match day. Is this a bug? 

• SI Staff
2 minutes ago, wazza said:

Would you be able to advise at this stage what those issues would be or at full release?

Mostly a new save is only required for competition, rulegroup and data related issues. However, this is a beta so there is always the possibility that you find and we resolve an issue outside of these areas that requires a new game.

Neil will let you know if anything requires a new save between now and release.

1 hour ago, bigmattb28 said:

Quick shout out to those guys from the beta speculation thread, all 40 pages and 2 days banter was worth the wait. Probably not going to be on the forums the next few days, been nice knowing ya

Great work on that thread, enjoyed reading everything at work - although production may possibly have been down slightly...

• SI Staff
23 minutes ago, Spurs08 said:

When you say that updating competition rules is a work in progress, are you able to say whether the new European club competition confirmed in the live stream by Miles is implemented and working yet? Just want to make sure before I start a save and will probs run a holiday to check if you don't know or can't say :)

Yep, it's in.  When we mention that competition rules are a work in progress there are some rules we are aware of that still require implementing ahead of full release and some that will require tweaking.  And of course during the beta stage I'm sure we'll have one or two (or thereabouts) issues raised by users playing in all our lovely nations and leagues around the world.  Enjoy!

• SI Staff
50 minutes ago, CountTrapula said:

Are imported graphics working? Got them set up in the FM20 folder same as I did for FM19 and when I click the reload skin when confirming changes in preferences tick and then confirm nothing loads and it just goes straight back to main menu.

Hey, this is something we're aware of and have under review. As above, current workaround is to change the skin instead. Apologies for any frustration caused!

1 minute ago, Dan Ormsby said:

Yep, it's in.  When we mention that competition rules are a work in progress there are some rules we are aware of that still require implementing ahead of full release and some that will require tweaking.  And of course during the beta stage I'm sure we'll have one or two (or thereabouts) issues raised by users playing in all our lovely nations and leagues around the world.  Enjoy!

That's amazing, thanks very much Dan! :D

3 minutes ago, Cowboy71 said:

I am experiencing a black screen when quitting to main menu from within the main game. Also, when starting a new game and entering the boardroom, the top club picture flashes for a while.

Kind regards.

Grant.

Hi. As said before - please report technical issues in the technical issues section. Thanks

https://community.sigames.com/forum/709-crashes-technical-issues/

The past experience based on the league you want to coach is a nice feature but seems to not to be working properly as it's not reseting to the right one when you select a lower league than the initial one you selected.

How to reproduce it:

1) Select any top league, like Spain top division

2) Select a lower league like National League North in UK

The Past experience remains as the one from the top league selected before.

Captura de pantalla 2019-10-31 a las 18.51.27.png

1 minute ago, Icy said:

The past experience based on the league you want to coach is a nice feature but seems to not to be working properly as it's not reseting to the right one when you select a lower league than the initial one you selected.

How to reproduce it:

1) Select any top league, like Spain top division

2) Select a lower league like National League North in UK

The Past experience remains as the one from the top league selected before.

Captura de pantalla 2019-10-31 a las 18.51.27.png

Please can you post this into https://community.sigames.com/forum/696-football-manager-2020-pre-release-beta-bug-forum/ so it can be looked at? Thanks

The playing time feature is wonderful. 

Still concerns with the moving of data columns though. It seems this still hasn't been addressed. On the tactics screen and under the "Squad Report" drop down, it shows ability but didn't show potential. I got rid of a few of the other columns and tried to add it, but it keeps doing that thing where the last column is really wide and you can't resize it.

6 minutes ago, ChelseaFan said:

Still concerns with the moving of data columns though. It seems this still hasn't been addressed. On the tactics screen and under the "Squad Report" drop down, it shows ability but didn't show potential. I got rid of a few of the other columns and tried to add it, but it keeps doing that thing where the last column is really wide and you can't resize it.

Never add a column in the far right of the screen, always do it somewhere else first. That way you can move it, and it generally avoids that issue, but yes, it is annoying if that's still a thing. 

First impressions are good, only two things so far:

- Not keen on the redesign of the staff responsibilities UI. As someone else mentioned, a lot of clicks (but once done its not a screen widly used, so not a huge issue)

- Selecting muliple first team players for u23 match seemed a bit more cumbersome than previous versions

32 minutes ago, SazoJohnno said:

Can anyone confirm whether if this is a bug before I post it on the bug section - 

I tried to select B team manager (as Ajax) for the match day but it is unavailable however B team manager is available to select for B team friendly only. I somehow cannot pick him for the B team match day. Is this a bug? 

@Dan Ormsby or @Jack Deal i am sorry to ping both of you but can either of you reply to this on whether if this is a bug? 

This isnt a bug but more of an idea to improve the transfer offer screen of certain players. I have listed a player and have recieved 6 offers for him, 3 are to buy outright and the other 3 are loan. It may not be a big thing but when I look at the screen below its not clear which ones are loans and which ones are to buy the player outright. As Im looking to move the player on Im not interested in the loan option so would like to know, quickly, which offers are to buy.

Might be trivial but would help for quickness IMO.

All that would need added is (Loan) at the end of the team name where I highlighted it. 

123.PNG

Tiny bits of the game aren't translated to Dutch yet, which is okay. Don't play in Dutch all that often anyway. Performance wise it appears to be a tiny bit worse than it was in FM18 but i'll gladly accept that over not playing it at all.

• SI Staff
7 minutes ago, Minuy600 said:

Tiny bits of the game aren't translated to Dutch yet, which is okay. Don't play in Dutch all that often anyway. Performance wise it appears to be a tiny bit worse than it was in FM18 but i'll gladly accept that over not playing it at all.

Would be worth popping over here and highlighting those for us - https://community.sigames.com/forum/723-translation/ - cheers

The hair in the manager appearance creator is really bad still sadly, still looks really waxy/plasticy and unhairlike. Some of the hair models have clipping issues into the skin, or you can see the background through a gap between the hair and the skin. Male hair choice #2 changes the eyebrows to be thinner which is odd. A lot of the hair models still have the massive gap between the ears and where the hair starts which I don't understand...

The faces look a LOT better than in FM19 though.

Feedback for the "use club colour" option in the attire: split it to "use club primary colour" and "use club secondary colour" - particularly useful for clubs with striped kits

Started unemployed and applied for the team closest to me geographically, Distillery. On offering me an interview, they stated the reservations they had about appointing me, which was a nice touch. Absolutely loved the five year plan which was proposed to me in the interview, a realistic, achievable plan for the club. I just hope the board isn't overly harsh going forward if I end up a year or two behind.

I'm getting ahead of myself, haven't been offered the job yet!

Hey guys, so pumped for the beta! Looking great so far, this might be the first time in a while i stick to the standard skin :)

So i have two questions.

First of all, what does my technical director do, exactly? I'm playing as Brescia, top flight team and i have a vacant place for one, but i don't have a clue what he would do for me.

Secondly, i do love the youth development centre but i would sort of want to keep my youth teams in my sidebar for quick access, as i spend as much time in them as in my main team. Is this possible?

Again, thanks for the beta! 

Chris

42 minutes ago, ChelseaFan said:

This has bugged me for years. No idea why this can't be improved.

• SI Staff
9 minutes ago, autohoratio said:

Feedback for the "use club colour" option in the attire: split it to "use club primary colour" and "use club secondary colour" - particularly useful for clubs with striped kits

Sounds like a good feature request, should post it over on the FR forums

• SI Staff
32 minutes ago, SazoJohnno said:

@Dan Ormsby or @Jack Deal i am sorry to ping both of you but can either of you reply to this on whether if this is a bug? 

Sounds potentially like a staff responsibilities bug but i'm not fully sure what you mean.  Please log it in the staff responsibilities area https://community.sigames.com/forum/712-transfers-contracts-scouting-and-staff-responsibilities/

Hair Styles FM20.  WTF?  Are you kidding me? I've had to go for crew cut as the rest are worse than a free comedy hair app! Ha ha!

Note to the makers. People don't have hair like that.  Not unless they live in Legoland or in 1990s video games...

I look like i have an emoji turd on my head.

On a more positive note, the faces look much better.  

Edited by Bothan Spy

Just now, Bothan Spy said:

Hair Styles FM20.  WTF?  Are you kidding me? I've had to go for crew cut as the rest are worse than a free comedy hair app! Ha ha!

Note to the makers. People don't have hair like that.  Not unless they live in Legoland or in 1990s video games...

Hate to complain :/ So much good to say about it so far, but yeah. My character actually looks decent this year, but the hair.... Surely you can do a little bit better, for our immersions sake :/

Damn. I have to be good this week as I have software engineering exams next Wednesday and Friday. I will definitely take a look at the club objectives and play the first match, but after that I will have to wait for another week. 

Hmm... Should I study binary search trees or instead create a Christmas tree formation... Tough decisions await. 

Edited by DementedHammer

5 minutes ago, Bothan Spy said:

On a more positive note, the faces look much better.  

Yeah, I mentioned this above. I'd really like to see hairstyles reworked, as well as more colour choice for hair and perhaps skin.

Would be good to have some more skin options automatically.  The current ones are hurting my eyes a bit.

When you go to a player the colours of certain attributes feel jarring.  The yellow, i know it's customisable but would be nice if it was less straining automatically rather than manually having to figure  out what works.  Would be good if there was more options you could pick and it gives you different ones then can pick the most fitting.

Another thing when you go to the players and it's automatically highlighted the attributes for the player role.  I'd prefer it if this was something you did manually cause I have to keep clicking it off or at least the option did that to be the case.

Am just looking around at the moment but seems like a lot more clicking, as somebody mentioned the preference screen and even getting to the youth teams, have to click quite a few times till can just see the squads.  I'd prefer the tabs that were there before but the additional stuff still there is the development centre.

Edited by Ras

7 minutes ago, Bothan Spy said:

I thought we could select a normal picture as our avatar this FM, i think i'm wrong ?