Training & Youth Intake - A Brief Guide **Updated for FM20**

@Seb Wassell i have a new question; We know (because of this great topic ) what will influence the youth intake quality. For improving the personalities, does it help to have staff (senior and or youth staff) with good personalties? Or is the personalty of the hoyd the only important one? I always try to find staff with good personalties but not sure if this works all the time.

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

10 hours ago, OlivierL said:

For improving the personalities, does it help to have staff (senior and or youth staff) with good personalties?

According to this, staff does not influence players. Their Personalities might matter in the sense that positive ones have better Determination, which directly impacts the quality of their coaching (Determination, Level of Discipline, Motivating), but their Personalities apparently can't rub off in the same way player Personalities can.

6 hours ago, Zemahh said:

According to this, staff does not influence players. Their Personalities might matter in the sense that positive ones have better Determination, which directly impacts the quality of their coaching (Determination, Level of Discipline, Motivating), but their Personalities apparently can't rub off in the same way player Personalities can.

Thanks but if i read this correctly :

As far as I'm aware, staff personality doesn't influence player personality once a player is actually at the club - only during newgen "creation".

That means it will influence future youth intakes.

On 27/11/2020 at 22:15, OlivierL said:

@Seb Wassell i have a new question; We know (because of this great topic ) what will influence the youth intake quality. For improving the personalities, does it help to have staff (senior and or youth staff) with good personalties? Or is the personalty of the hoyd the only important one? I always try to find staff with good personalties but not sure if this works all the time.

You want all youth related staff to have 'preferable' personalities, but the HoYD is the key.