FM purchase poll

FM20 purchase poll  

179 members have voted

1. 1. I find im not convinced i should by this game as nothing has my attention that would make me purchase . Curious about your intentions for FM20

• Already Pre-Purchased
    • Trying the Demo first
    • Will purchase on day of release
    • Going to wait for peoples opinions before purchase
    • Wait for patches before purchase
    • Not purchasing this year
    • Still undecided

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 04/11/19 at 16:00

25 minutes ago, Mr_Demus said:

The lack of major new additions made me pre purchase this game. It means, that SI have spent their time on improving existing elements of the game instead, and that is just what I needed.

Wow, you have a lot of faith.

I'll wait for a few inevitable patches then try the demo and read everyone's opinion. I value my money and would never spend it on a product I haven't seen. Mind you, I waited until April last year and still ended up with a broken product.

Edited by Tiger666

Pre ordered, if I only played it for 10 hours it would be twice the value for money of any mainstream form of entertainment, real football, cinema etc.....

I'm a little disappointed in the apparent lack of new features vs FM19 but I always want to support the long term development of the game. I'll be more annoyed if it's buggy tbh.....

Edited by janrzm

4 hours ago, XaW said:

I pre-ordered as soon as it was possible. FM have a good track record for giving me the most value for my money, and until that stops, I'll keep doing it. Kinda funny though, as I'm generally opposed to pre-ordering. I guess FM is the exception that confirms the rule for me.

For FM 19 I bought it for £38 (converted from my local currency) and I've played it for 1,352 hours, so that makes the cost £0.028 per hour of playtime. I can't speak for anyone else, but for me, that's value for my money. I can't think of anything similar that give me so value for the cost in terms of entertainment.

I second this.

Even if the new FM doesn't change some of the things I'd want the amount of hours I put into it makes the £30 I paid a bargain anyway.

Mine is a mix of trying the demo and waiting for opinions on this game. 

I don't think I will buy this year, as I tend not to get a copy every year, and I have FM19. It would have to take quite a leap from FM19, rather than just a big update, for me to buy.

Edited by WojciechZed

I purchased, I think I have every year, just hope it runs ok for me.  I think SI have enough credit historically for me to trust them.   Game isn't perfect and can always improve but it's phenomenal, genuinely FM is the greatest ever game to me.  It's incredible what they done, I appreciate it.

Pre-purchased. It's the only game I play and I "dedicate" a thousand hours (give or take) to each version, so it's very well worth the price.

Also, FM19 was my favorite version ever, and from what we can see, FM20 is a QOL improvement on it.

40 minutes ago, Mr_Demus said:

What major new additions would you say the game will have? Features that are not just enhancements of already existing features

What major new additions would say the game needs?

• HUNT3R changed the title to FM purchase poll
38 minutes ago, XaW said:

What major new additions would say the game needs?

None.

It all started with me saying, that I was very pleased with the focus on improving existing features, instead of adding major new features. He then "laughed" at my statement of "no new major features". I simply asked him, which major new features he felt were added this year.

27 minutes ago, Mr_Demus said:

None.

It all started with me saying, that I was very pleased with the focus on improving existing features, instead of adding major new features. He then "laughed" at my statement of "no new major features". I simply asked him, which major new features he felt were added this year.

Well, then we agree, I think. I mean, I'm all for innovation and thinking new, but I can't really see any major new features that would add to the game, rather than make it arcade-like or something. So the small new things plus massive improvement to already implemented features is all I want from FM20.

Edit: And I _might_ have taken you out of context and thought you were one of those who claim the game isn't changing and all that jazz. So for that, I apologise. 

Edited by XaW

1 hour ago, XaW said:

Well, then we agree, I think. I mean, I'm all for innovation and thinking new, but I can't really see any major new features that would add to the game, rather than make it arcade-like or something. So the small new things plus massive improvement to already implemented features is all I want from FM20.

Edit: And I _might_ have taken you out of context and thought you were one of those who claim the game isn't changing and all that jazz. So for that, I apologise. 

Exactly my claim. I wasn't going to buy FM20, but seeing the lack of "groundbreaking new featyres" made me buy it. I think they just need to perfect what is already in the game.

No need to apologise.

I've pre-ordered, likely against my better judgement...

On the other hand, for approx £30-€35, including the Beta version AND FM Touch (which I'll never play anyway, but still...), it's a steal no matter how "broken" the game can be in Beta and even at launch.

Never buy until long after winter transfer windows closed. I cannot enjoy a long term save knowing updates and fixes will only be installed in a new save, also squads are six months newer, managers will reflect the time then. As usual I'll wait for the sale and buy a cheaper priced completed version rather than one thats not finished yet.

• 2 weeks later...