Mark Kerr Ayr United manager

FM in game legend Mark Kerr has just been announced as Ayr United's manager which got me thinking, is this the first time a Football Manager mythical player has taken over at a club?

You know the type, players like Freddy Adu from back in the day and Tonton Zola Moukok, players who in game were legends and superstars and teams were built around in game but didn't fulfil their promise in real life.

Mark Kerr used to be the steal of the century in older CM/FM for about £60,000 and would be the heartbeat of your team even if you were a super club. 

So intrigued to see how he works out as a manager. 

Some of you will remember the outstanding Mark Kerr from days gone by. A player that most people signed and was a true FM great.

He has now been appointed the manager of Ayr United.

Will the devs show their love for the man once again and make him now a managerial ace in fm 2020? :lol:

Edited by Hairycull
Sorry didnt see a thread already about this. Thanks for moving my post into here moderators

12 hours ago, Hairycull said:

Some of you will remember the outstanding Mark Kerr from days gone by. A player that most people signed and was a true FM great.

He has not been appointed the manager of Ayr United.

Will the devs show their love for the man once again and make him now a managerial ace in fm 2020? :lol:

https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11781/11841892/mark-kerr-appointed-ayr-united-manager

On 22/10/2019 at 15:43, metallimuse said:

FM in game legend Mark Kerr has just been announced as Ayr United's manager which got me thinking, is this the first time a Football Manager mythical player has taken over at a club?

You know the type, players like Freddy Adu from back in the day and Tonton Zola Moukok, players who in game were legends and superstars and teams were built around in game but didn't fulfil their promise in real life.

Mark Kerr used to be the steal of the century in older CM/FM for about £60,000 and would be the heartbeat of your team even if you were a super club. 

So intrigued to see how he works out as a manager. 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tonton_Zola_Moukoko 

Tonton is a manager mate.

Anyone old enough to remember the couple of players who used to start at Cambridge in one of the very first CM games. Mark Collis and Ferah Orosco, were completely made up players though.

14 hours ago, phnompenhandy said:

I'm definitely signing To Madeira as my assman in FM2020  :p

I recall in the days before I had the internet, spending hours trying to find To in the papers.:onmehead:  He was a scoring beast though