How Long Would it Take to make the Portuguese League the dominant league in Europe?

Thinking about 1 last FM19 save and was wondering, how long it would take to realistically take over a Porto/Sporting and try to make the league no1 in Europe over a period of continued success.

Anyone had any experience with making the 'smaller, big leagues' more competitive?

2 horas atrás, MattLDempsey disse:

Thinking about 1 last FM19 save and was wondering, how long it would take to realistically take over a Porto/Sporting and try to make the league no1 in Europe over a period of continued success.

Anyone had any experience with making the 'smaller, big leagues' more competitive?

I can speak for Porto, "my team". I'd say that in 3/4 seasons you realistically have a chance to win Champions League. As for making the portuguese league nº1, if I understood correctly, I don't think I ever did it, but I also never was so many years at Porto / portuguese club to do that. I like to stay 4 or 5 years in a club and then to move somewhere else. Start getting tired and tbh, with good squad building and focus on the academy, after those years start to be too easy.

It's impossible, because the game mechanics doesn't support making club Xyz the next Super Club.

You will hit a wall where it takes 50+ years to make clubs earn the same money as the top clubs and you will NEVER get the EPL money, because there is no support for making new league sponsor deals.

Many elements of the game is very static, so they will never radically change beyond the PRE-game real world data.

Sure you can do the lower league to Champion Cup winner, but the club doesn't get to be the next Barc, Real Madrid or PSG, you can win stuff, but you can't change the economy.

If you're prepared to manage Porto, Benfica and Sporting at once(!) and know all the tactical quirks to overperform in the Champions League, it probably wouldn't take that long to get you top by coefficient/reputation. But catching up financially is going to take a very long time.

I managed Benfica for 6 years. Managed to get into Top 4 for 4 direct sopots on the UCL.

A decade later Benfica was still doing great, won another UCL, and kept doing well, so well that Liga NOS reached rank 3. Once Vitória de Guimarãe won the UEL. You don't need 3-4 super clubs, just to keep consistently doing well.

I think it would be sensible to keep the Premier League disabled, as the game is heavily biased towards it and you'll see 4 of the top 6 constantly reaching at least quarter finals of UCL, and most of the time winning it as well, and like others said, it's a failure that other leagues don't eventually build their sponsor/TV deals in a reasonable framerate, or if at all.

Edited by Lanko