Jump to content

Database - people without birth date


Recommended Posts

Forgive me, if this question was already raised, but I am curious why in the database of FM there is so many entries concerning people (especially players) without birth date and what will happen to my save if I delete all this entries? This lack of birth dates kind of annoy me. Second thing that annoys me is that there are players over 40 years old in the database (especially for Asia). Could SI organise "big cleaning" of the database? 

Link to post
Share on other sites

The short version: SI (and researchers for them) change and add all info they have on all players, but something might not be available, so it's left blank. If any info is blank, the game randomizes up the values when the game is started. If you see any errors, please report it with evidence of course.

Edited by XaW
Link to post
Share on other sites

Ok, that is what i thought, but I would like to know how my save would be affected if I delete such data? I can see that people without birth dates are mainly players from nations that have non-playable leagues, a little bit of staff, lots of owners and directors of clubs. I play in Europe. How the balance of the game would be affected?

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Cint said:

Ok, that is what i thought, but I would like to know how my save would be affected if I delete such data? I can see that people without birth dates are mainly players from nations that have non-playable leagues, a little bit of staff, lots of owners and directors of clubs. I play in Europe. How the balance of the game would be affected?

I haven't got a clue, but my guess would be that all birth dates are just simply random for everyone you have deleted it for.

Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, Cint said:

 Second thing that annoys me is that there are players over 40 years old in the database (especially for Asia)

Are they players with a club? If so then they're probably in there as they're probably still playing.

There's a guy in Japan playing in J2 league and he's 50.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, gunner86 said:

Are they players with a club? If so then they're probably in there as they're probably still playing.

There's a guy in Japan playing in J2 league and he's 50.

 

Some maybe with clubs but some are free agents. Even if they are with clubs, can I trust it if it is in a non-playable and rather minor nation? Maybe this entry was mabe by researcher few years ago and since then nobody checked if it is still true? I remember that once in FM2017 database I found two Ben Starosta - one - free agent in England what was true and second as a player of a club in Asia for which he played back in 2014, but in according to FM2017 he would still be there. Of course creating save in Europe would not include the one from Asia and maybe even the right one, but the fact that such things happen in database is disturbing me. I know that me paying attention to this may look like being obsessive-compulsive but I would prefer that at some point someone makes proper cleaing of the database.

Edited by Cint
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Cint said:

I know that me paying attention to this may look like being obsessive-compulsive but I would prefer that at some point someone makes proper cleaing of the database.

There are a lot of people who do this every day, and they fix everything they see, but as I said earlier they struggle to find everything. There are hundres of thousands of players all around the world in the database and it's hard know if there are duplicates or just two players with the same name. So if you find anything you perceive to be wrong, then let someone know in the subforum I linked above. Of course, you need to provide documentation that your claim is correct, but as soon as you do that, researchers will be able to update the database and it will be correct for a future update to the game.

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Cint said:

 

Some maybe with clubs but some are free agents. Even if they are with clubs, can I trust it if it is in a non-playable and rather minor nation? Maybe this entry was mabe by researcher few years ago and since then nobody checked if it is still true? I remember that once in FM2017 database I found two Ben Starosta - one - free agent in England what was true and second as a player of a club in Asia for which he played back in 2014, but in according to FM2017 he would still be there. Of course creating save in Europe would not include the one from Asia and maybe even the right one, but the fact that such things happen in database is disturbing me. I know that me paying attention to this may look like being obsessive-compulsive but I would prefer that at some point someone makes proper cleaing of the database.

The researchers do a very good job of keeping this up to date, and a lot of them are doing it only for love. Mistakes happen though and sometimes things get missed or overlooked.

I would say you could be 99% confident they're accurate. If you ever come across anything you know to be wrong, feed it back in the data issues forums.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, gunner86 said:

Are they players with a club? If so then they're probably in there as they're probably still playing.

Eh, that is very hit and miss, especially for nations whose leagues are not included in the game by default. I spent a lot of time sorting out the north African leagues, and most of the team data is out of date (unless the clubs are involved in continental competitions). That includes a lot of old players who simply have not been retired.

I completely understand this, SI have to build the game and make sure the active leagues are accurate. I imagine they do not have the time to sort out every single player in the database.

For the OP, unless you are loading in all players, most players without a birthdate most likely lack a CA/PA as well. So they are unlikely to be loaded unless you explicitly demand it.

Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, sporadicsmiles said:

Eh, that is very hit and miss, especially for nations whose leagues are not included in the game by default. I spent a lot of time sorting out the north African leagues, and most of the team data is out of date (unless the clubs are involved in continental competitions). That includes a lot of old players who simply have not been retired.

I completely understand this, SI have to build the game and make sure the active leagues are accurate. I imagine they do not have the time to sort out every single player in the database.

For the OP, unless you are loading in all players, most players without a birthdate most likely lack a CA/PA as well. So they are unlikely to be loaded unless you explicitly demand it.

Fair enough.

My main point was that just because a player is over 40, doesn't mean they're not still playing.

Link to post
Share on other sites

africa and asia are a bit outdaded, due to lack of research in these countries. Usually there's only one or two people for entire country or region so it's hard to keep up with database changes. We have a guideline to add people at least with year of birth so new people in database should not be 'blank'.

If you have correct information, feel free to post in research and database forum, and if you feel that you have sufficient knowledge of country/league/region - maybe HR will pm you and you can help him with database.

Link to post
Share on other sites

that's right that some countries don't have actual database, especially in Asia. but researchers are working to remove this issue. For example, in FM19 Mongolian DB was actualised. but that's very hard process because of lack of the information and researching abroad. There're not many countries without actual research - I can remember Maldives, Bangladesh, Sri-Lanka, Pakistan, but it will be fixed later, I guess

Link to post
Share on other sites

I want to appreciate that researchers are doing great job. Thank you to all of them. I am aware that to keep database up to date is verty difficult. I just wanted to know, what will happen if I remove those blank people by myself and maybe encourage SI a little to maybe organize once in 5 years or so some kind of database revision, when researchers would have special help from maybe interns at SI to check the data from some of the minor nations

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...