***FMS 2019 Awards*** Live from Ed Woodwards transfer cabinet

mark wilson27

This year the award has been shared three ways with @EvilDave grabbing two stories and @CFuller providing the other story

Incandescence  (EvilDave)

Back in Britain – Part III of the Owain Williams saga (EvilDave)

House of Flying Daggers (CFuller)

Well done you two, It was pretty damn hard to choose between them

I'm so honoured to be sharing this treble with Grimsby's finest. Choosing between his two stories was like trying to decide which of my cats I loved the most, so I would have been delighted had either of them won outright. Good job once again, @EvilDave.

Unfortunately guys there will be noone entering the Hall of Fame with noone coming close to the required 66% threshhold

The closest to come to it was mark wilson27 and Faramir who both got 42% of the vote

In the Story Hall of Fame sees tenthreeleaders American Calcio earning 33%

So yet again we have no inductees this year

1 minute ago, CFuller said:

NOT AGAIN! :mad:

I swear this is the most difficult Hall of Fame for folks to get inducted into! Heck, I'm sure even Alex Buttner and Adnan Januzaj made it into the Manchester United Hall of Fame!

We had quite a few voters this year but quite a few didn't vote in the Hall fo Fame

Just now, mark wilson27 said:

The winner of the Terk/Raptor/Wilson Builder's Award has been awarded to yours truly mark wilson27 for the 7th time

YEEESSSS!!!

I got a very generous 1/1500 at a bookmakers today that you'd win that one! I'm off to collect my windfall!

1 minute ago, mark wilson27 said:

The winner of the Terk/Raptor/Wilson Builder's Award has been awarded to yours truly mark wilson27 for the 7th time

Remember when Manchester United were this dominant? Those were the days...

4 minutes ago, mark wilson27 said:

The story of the year has been won by @CFuller and his story An Impossible Man

An excellent story sir as stated before

Platt steps onto the podium.

"Mark would like to thank various people for his award, including his wife Jenny, children Ashley and Luke, his assistant Michael, and the record holder for the world's longest elastic band - Nigel Rubberneck from Cirencester.

"Erm... sorry, I must've slipped that last one in accidentally."

8 minutes ago, mark wilson27 said:

@EvilDave and @CFuller who were clear winners..

Erm... gosh. ED and I have cleaned up, like Liverpool and City. You really should ban us from FMS to give other writers a chance of winning next year's awards. :p

And seeing as I've only contributed two stories in the last 12 months (which were respectively started in 2015 and 2017), I'm honestly quite surprised to have won as many awards as I have tonight.

As you might be aware, I've been focussing on blogging during FM19's life cycle. I've enjoyed that a lot, obviously, but I'm now taking a break from that while I get to the bottom of my recent health problems. All being well, though, I might write something new for you lot in 2020.

2 minutes ago, mark wilson27 said:

And that gentlemen is the end of this years awards....Thankyou all for coming and its been a pleasure again to host the show

Thanks for hosting, Mark... and thanks also to Edward Woodward.

4CB9B96F-E2D5-4633-BCE2-F34157DC43A9.thumb.jpeg.535e5aca0bc8c3d0e79fb2a1cf014c40.jpeg

Oops. Sorry. Wrong Edward Woodward.

Name Total Main Other
tenthreeleader 31 15 16
Peacemaker7 24 14 10
mark wilson27 19 9 10
CFuller 16 4 12
Raptor 15 5 10
Terk 15 8 7
EvilDave 13 3 10
BobBev 11 4 7
Spav 10 4 6
flipsix 10 2 8
gavrenwick 10 5 5
Faramir 9 1 8
copperhorse21 9 4 5
Amaroq 9 4 5
chesterfan2 5 2 3
Dixie Flatline 5 0 5
Flann O'Brien 4 2 2
Andrew Downing 4 1 3
KingJeff 4 1 3
displaced_seagull 4 1 3
HD 4 1 3
Dalbeider 4 0 4
spurzgrrl 4 0 4
Elrithral 4 0 4
SCIAG 3 2 1
nickgreenan 3 1 2
Educated Hick 3 0 3
benny 3 0 3
Ell_G 3 0 3
Rien102 3 0 3
Brian of Nazareth 2 1 1
binny 2 1 1
Donners 2 1 1
maollelujah 2 1 1
OMDave 2 1 1
mikezone13 2 1 1
Chonner 2 1 1
mamtez1536 2 1 1
ScottleeSV 2 1 1
Brian W 2 0 2
Gino 2 0 2
ghostwriter 2 0 2
Harry Kure with the corner kick 2 0 2
Charnley 2 0 2
silver_blue 2 0 2
Lionel Perez 2 0 2
Wimb the Barman 2 0 2
-Xenon- 2 0 2
Makonnen 2 0 2
Celtic_1967 2 0 2
neilhoskins77 2 0 2
STFCDP_1990 1 0 1
LukeMorgan88 1 0 1
Richey 1 1 0
Sebs 1 1 0
Steve 'Wall 1 1 0
Bari for the Scudetto 1 0 1
Offspring88 1 1 0
gandycoleuk 1 1 0
Bozz 1 0 1
Dittohead 1 0 1
Jack O'Sullivan 1 0 1
Soldout 1 0 1
Tricky Winger 1 0 1
JimT 1 0 1
13litz 1 0 1
Attjen 1 0 1
Bad Dog 1 0 1
boo radley2 1 0 1
Dark_Soccer 1 0 1
Euan 1 0 1
glamdring 1 0 1
Harleqin 1 0 1
Jambo_4eva 1 0 1
Juni 1 0 1
Kazema 1 0 1
McRob 1 0 1
nerf 1 0 1
Orang_Utan Stan 1 0 1
SirFozzie 1 0 1
Texan 1 0 1
The RingMaster 1 0 1
bartley_m 1 0 1
Reddiablo 1 0 1
Silverfox 1 0 1
irishregan 1 0 1
Marmoset Junior 1 0 1
Gricehead 1 0 1
Panpardus 1 0 1
edtheguy 1 0 1
JoeyBaldwin 1 0 1
Pechorin 1 0 1
Abe Lenstra 0 0 1

With every Award Ceremony we have the three main Awards, which are CM/FMS'er of the Year, Writer of the Year and Story of the Year. We also have every so often someone earning their place in the FMS Hall of Fame. So here is the current list from 2004 to date

| Year | The Terk/Raptor/Wilson  | Writer of Year | Story of Year                                              | Hall of Fame   |
|      |     Builder’s Award     |                |                                                            |                |               
|------|-------------------------|----------------|------------------------------------------------------------|----------------| 
| 2004 | Simon F                 | BobBev         | Silver_blue just bit me! (Donners)                         | N/A            | 
|------|-------------------------|----------------|------------------------------------------------------------|----------------|
| 2005 | Terk                    | Faramir        | Leaving the past behind (FM edition) (Flipsix3) (HOF 2010) | N/A            | 
| 2006 | Peacemaker7             | Peacemaker7    | To Boldly Go As Faroe As We Can Go... (Peacemaker7)        | N/A            | 
| 2007 | Terk                    | Amaroq         | Sharpening a Rusty Blade (Amaroq)                          | Peacemaker7    |
| 2008 | Terk                    | tenthreeleader | American Calcio Padova FM 2008 (tenthreeleader)            | N/A            | 
| 2009 | tenthreeleader          | tenthreeleader | Rob Ridgway’s “Rat Pack” (tenthreeleader)                  | Raptor         | 
| 2010 | Terk                    | copperhorse21  | Cheating the Reaper: A Copper Horse "Tail" (copperhorse21) | flipsix3       | 
|      |                         | gavrenwick     | Tina's Super Saints of Paisley (gavrenwick)                |                | 
| 2011 | mark wilson27           | mark wilson27  | A Tale of Two Brothers (offspring08)                       | tenthreeleader |
|      | tenthreeleader          |                | Luton Town: Staring Into The Abyss (ScottLeeSV)            |                | 
| 2012 | mark wilson27           | mark wilson27  | The Ace of Spades (tenthreeleader)                         | N/A            |
|      |                         | tenthreeleader |                                                            |                | 
| 2013 | N/A                     | N/A            | N/A                                                        | N/A            | 
| 2014 | N/A                     | N/A            | N/A                                                        | N/A            | 
| 2015 | mark wilson27           | tenthreeleader | [FM15] Malone Again, Naturally (tenthreeleader)            | N/A            | 
| 2016 | mark wilson27           | tenthreeleader | [FM15] Raising Cain (tenthreeleader)                       | N/A            | 
| 2017 | mark wilson27           | EvilDave       | House of Flying Daggers (CFuller)                          | N/A            | 
| 2018 | mark wilson27           | CFuller        | Another Final (EvilDave)                                   | N/A            | 
| 2019 | mark wilson27           | CFuller        | An Impossible Man (CFuller)                                | N/A            | 
|      |                         | EvilDave       |                                                            |                | 

21 minutes ago, CFuller said:

Erm... gosh. ED and I have cleaned up, like Liverpool and City. You really should ban us from FMS to give other writers a chance of winning next year's awards. :p

And seeing as I've only contributed two stories in the last 12 months (which were respectively started in 2015 and 2017), I'm honestly quite surprised to have won as many awards as I have tonight.

As you might be aware, I've been focussing on blogging during FM19's life cycle. I've enjoyed that a lot, obviously, but I'm now taking a break from that while I get to the bottom of my recent health problems. All being well, though, I might write something new for you lot in 2020.

Congrats Chris! Well deserved. :)  Shame your email replying skills are not as good ;)  Still loving the Romford save. Only on page 3.

Dont wanna get to the boring stage when you surely go up the leagues haha? If you stay aroudn this level I will actually love it more haha.

1 hour ago, CFuller said:

Unfortunately, Mark Catterall can't be here tonight, because he's in Bulgaria trying to figure out how the heck England lost to the Czech Republic on Friday. Accepting the award on his behalf is his long-time coach, David Platt...

*Sporadic applause*

Juno Love has since been seen booking the next flight to Sofia.

Sorry for being late to the party again - working for a church will do that on a Sunday! - and thank you @mark wilson27 for a fine ceremony and for all the hard work that goes into making this happen. Seven straight Builder's Awards is testament to the sterling work that you do, and it's fully deserved!

Well done @Tikka Mezzala and @Rien102 on your gongs - you've brought new life and great work to FMS, and I look forward to reading more of your stories in the future. It's great to see awards in new hands, especially ones as gifted as yours!

And huge congratulations to @CFuller - you've cemented yourself as one of the all-time FMS greats with this haul, and it's easy to see why. I know it's been a tough year for you, and so for multiple long-running stories to maintain their excellence is no mean feat. I'm thrilled to share Writer of the Year with you - especially as a fellow Gooner!

Finally, thanks to all who voted, took part, read and wrote. I may not have been as active in these parts over the past year, but FMS is always somewhere I find myself coming back to, and is one of the best online communities I've come across. To be recognised at these awards is a genuine honour, and I look forward to reading what you guys have in store for 2020!

23 minutes ago, Cruisey said:

Congrats Chris! Well deserved. :)  Shame your email replying skills are not as good ;)  Still loving the Romford save. Only on page 3.

Dont wanna get to the boring stage when you surely go up the leagues haha? If you stay aroudn this level I will actually love it more haha.

Apologies for not replying to your last email; I just didn't think there was much else to reply to that I hadn't already covered during our Twitter conversation.

By all means get back in touch (on these forums, email, Twitter, doesn't matter) if you'd like to pick my brains again. :) That goes for anyone else on here as well.

Congratulations to all winners, and although I'm very very late to the ceremony (was hoping to swoop in and take some defenceless drinks off the tables, but strangely all I could find was tap water?!)

Anyway, all worthy winners! It was an honour to simply get nominated, reading through the ceremony has me motivated to put hands to keys (it can't be pen to paper can it!) and continue striving to give you all something I enjoy writing and hope you enjoy reading.

@mark wilson27 thank you for everything you have done and continue to do, you are a true testament to this community.

Thanksgiving (Canadian one) here and family was all together for the first time ine ages...

I am still in shock over the double small awards wins...  Thanks.  I'm happy you thought the limping chick was worth the reads!

To the rest of the winners, all well deserved prizes in my book!  Many hours of great reading in those stories!

One special shout to the man who made all of this happened: @mark wilson27.  To you sir, a special shout to thank for all your efforts and dedication!   Kudos!

I haven't been around for the last three weeks with RL stuff, but thank you for the nomination for Short Story- just to be nominated was an honor.

Hall of Fame- wooh. Never expected that at all, so again an honor to receive votes and the consideration for that completely floored me.

All the best to the Winners!

Mike/Faramir

• 2 months later...

When you wonder when the awards are going to be so you scroll the forum, then find this thread, then you're gonna say "how come you don't tag or notify people so they know it's happening?", then you realise they're tagging winners, which means you already know you haven't won anything.

1001284-manolosanchispolirinconjustifica

11 hours ago, git2thachoppa said:

When you wonder when the awards are going to be so you scroll the forum, then find this thread, then you're gonna say "how come you don't tag or notify people so they know it's happening?", then you realise they're tagging winners, which means you already know you haven't won anything.

1001284-manolosanchispolirinconjustifica

I did put the time and date on the main voting thread. Plus I did mention it in the Community Thread.

As for winning like every year as per the voting rules you need to vote to be eligble to win.