How do I ask to build new stadium

I train a club that has a stadium built in 2024. The year is 2042 now, for the past five (or even more) seasons we had sell-outs every game in the league. Also, we have no stadium sponsor.

But I have no option to ask board for building new stadium. Anybody knows when does this option appear? Which criteria did I not meet?

How I miss Europa Universalis IV style, when all options are shown, but the ones disabled show the list of criteria.

53 minutes ago, killerkoala said:

Think its 20 year minimum between new stadiums. 

Not in FM19. I had two built in 8 years or something. The screenshots are in my post history somewhere.

I agree it would be nice to have a menu of options readily available. But be careful - asking for a new stadium just because you are to full capacity may not be a good financial decision. Check major revenue sources (probably players sold and TV revenue). New stadiums are expensive and may not justify incremental revenue with gate receipts. All that's in the Finances/Income page.

On 18/09/2019 at 19:54, killerkoala said:

Think its 20 year minimum between new stadiums. 

Seems like that's it, thanks! I was pretty sure it's 15 years.

I've changed built date of my stadium to two years earlier and an option appeared in board conversation

17 hours ago, phd_angel said:

I agree it would be nice to have a menu of options readily available. But be careful - asking for a new stadium just because you are to full capacity may not be a good financial decision. Check major revenue sources (probably players sold and TV revenue). New stadiums are expensive and may not justify incremental revenue with gate receipts. All that's in the Finances/Income page.

Thanks for caring! I've been at this club for 20+ years and it's the richest one in the world, so finances are not a problem for us :)