FM20 - Cheapest place to buy

Coyh

Got told it was possibly because i wasn't based in the UK/EU so could be why it didn't generate a code for me.

Getting one manually generated...hopefully works.

EDIT: 2 hours later, no email with code still..... Have msged on FB for a refund. If they're worried about region i don't get why they would say they will email me a code and then not. Frustrating. Wouldn't deal with them again.

Edited by darkice
extra info

ShopTo.net are excellent. I buy PS4 games from them and all the big new releases you usually receive a day early in the post, and their prices are always competitive. Regarding sortitoutsi.net, massive respect for them as a site and what they do, that's why I pay them £10 each year and for that I'm a premium member. If they were making any profit from premium members I would pay the £29 but as they are making no profit from the premium price I may as well go with ShopTo. Ironically I didn't consider ShopTo for this, I've never bought a PC game/code from them before, I didn't even know they sold them. Thanks for the link @Bigpole !

Edited by Gee_Simpson

On 01/11/2019 at 19:40, darkice said:

very annoying, haven't got my code yet from shopto.net even though i bought it 24 hours ago. When i go to digital items and click 'get code' nothing shows up.

Clicking on help desk goes to an error! what a horrible site!

Bought from shopto about an hour ago and still no code (I'm in Aus). Same deal, clicked "get code" and it's just blank.

My email says "The code should soon appear in your account, after our Fraud Check, taking no longer than 12 working hours" which is a bit annoying. I have a horrible feeling I won't be playing the game this weekend.

Nothing in their digital FAQs about this or what to do if you don't get a code.

2 minutes ago, grasu said:

Has anybody from the EU tried to buy from shopto? The games says it's "UK - EU" but when I try to activate the key Steam tells me it's not available in my region. What the hell?

I bought the game from them (I live in Hungary), and it worked without any problems.

7 minutes ago, duwy said:

I bought the game from them (I live in Hungary), and it worked without any problems.

Great, that means my code is busted... 

Nevermind, it seems my Steam store was set to a different nation.

Edited by grasu

I strongly recommend anyone outside the UK (and possibly EU) DO NOT buy from shopto.net. They will gladly take your money but won't make the code visible in your account if you aren't in the right country. They also won't tell you that, so you're just waiting for something that will never appear. Their website is so broken that the "help desk" area of the site did not even appear in my account so I could not contact them except by Twitter (or PAID phone support). I just asked them for help finding my code and the responses I got were really disrespectful, implied that I was a burden to this person, and really over the top in making me out to be stupid for having ordered the game from them as a non-UK resident. It's taken until just now to finally get a refund out of them, even though they never provided anything I paid for! Absolutely horrible experience with purchase, broken website, and "support." Save yourself hours of frustration and just pay an extra quid to get the game from a retailer that can be trusted. I honestly can't believe Sega licensed a company that treats customers so poorly.

1 hour ago, slothclunk said:

I strongly recommend anyone outside the UK (and possibly EU) DO NOT buy from shopto.net. They will gladly take your money but won't make the code visible in your account if you aren't in the right country. They also won't tell you that, so you're just waiting for something that will never appear. Their website is so broken that the "help desk" area of the site did not even appear in my account so I could not contact them except by Twitter (or PAID phone support). I just asked them for help finding my code and the responses I got were really disrespectful, implied that I was a burden to this person, and really over the top in making me out to be stupid for having ordered the game from them as a non-UK resident. It's taken until just now to finally get a refund out of them, even though they never provided anything I paid for! Absolutely horrible experience with purchase, broken website, and "support." Save yourself hours of frustration and just pay an extra quid to get the game from a retailer that can be trusted. I honestly can't believe Sega licensed a company that treats customers so poorly.

as much as we like a deal going with steam is safest isnt it ? 

19 hours ago, slothclunk said:

Going through the same thing now (am in Australia). The code isn't visible and they closed the IT ticket I logged without actually responding to it. I contacted them in FB and they said they can't provide support over social media. Have emailed them by replying to the game confirmation email, so will see what happens there.

I registered on their website with an Australian address so a bit annoying if I can't then use a game they have sold me.

On 05/11/2019 at 12:20, Gross_Ballon said:

as much as we like a deal going with steam is safest isnt it ? 

Exactly right, I've learned my lesson. Steam may be more expensive, but they've never taken my money and failed to provide the game I paid for.

15 hours ago, CityAndColour said:

Going through the same thing now (am in Australia). The code isn't visible and they closed the IT ticket I logged without actually responding to it. I contacted them in FB and they said they can't provide support over social media. Have emailed them by replying to the game confirmation email, so will see what happens there.

I registered on their website with an Australian address so a bit annoying if I can't then use a game they have sold me.

Good luck! If you used Paypal, you can start a dispute due to never having received the product you paid for. That's what I ended up doing. The same is sometimes true of a credit card provider if you paid with a card. I work for a small business and know how damaging chargebacks can be to a company when used in the wrong circumstances, but this seemed quite justified to me.

On 07/11/2019 at 04:02, slothclunk said:

Exactly right, I've learned my lesson. Steam may be more expensive, but they've never taken my money and failed to provide the game I paid for.

Tbf steam support is horrible too. If you ever have a problem they for sure won't help you, they prbly won't even read your ticket. I preordered a game, a few days before release the preorder bonuses got changed without notifying me about it. The manufacturer support told me that they are sorry about the mistake and I should request a refund on steam. I tried multiple times on steam. I always got the same message saying I played the game for too long. I mean wtf. Ofc I played the game while my ticket was beeing processed by the manufacterer support.

For anyone still thinking about buying it from shopto it worked perfectly fine for me(EU not UK).

2 hours ago, BeerBaron said:

Tbf steam support is horrible too. If you ever have a problem they for sure won't help you, they prbly won't even read your ticket. I preordered a game, a few days before release the preorder bonuses got changed without notifying me about it. The manufacturer support told me that they are sorry about the mistake and I should request a refund on steam. I tried multiple times on steam. I always got the same message saying I played the game for too long. I mean wtf. Ofc I played the game while my ticket was beeing processed by the manufacterer support.

For anyone still thinking about buying it from shopto it worked perfectly fine for me(EU not UK).

That's entirely on you. Steam's refund policy is well-known, so if you played the game and then complain about it it's 100% on you.

However, I've gotten games refunded despite having played over the 4hours they quote as the maximum. If you have a good reason and you present your case well, they may very well give you a refund despite not reaching the requirements. But Steam Support itself is very good, they used to have a long response time but that was years ago. I was recently in contact with them over a Steam client issue and every reply was within 24hrs.

2 minutes ago, mersk said:

That's entirely on you. Steam's refund policy is well-known, so if you played the game and then complain about it it's 100% on you.

It's not. What they do is actually against european law. They can't just send me half what I ordered after I already payed them and without notifying me about it. Doesn't matter what their refund policy says. And in this case the manafacturer took over 2 weeks to find out that they actually made a mistake. How can I return the game earlier when the support takes that long to process my ticket. The manufacturer told me to go to steam for a refund. If iam not too lazy I will make a complaint to the european consumer protection agency.

Glad you had a good expierence with the steam support mine was horrible. They didn't read my ticket. They just looked at the playtime and send me a copypaste. I mean what is a better reason than a screenshot of the manufacturer support saying I will get my refund when I contact steam. Anways enough of that, this topic is about where to buy the game sorry for sidetracking.

On 14/11/2019 at 10:18, Gee_Simpson said:

https://www.shopto.net/en/dwnld54186-football-manager-2020-pc-download-eu-p175389/ best price you'll get, but people from outside of the UK have been reporting problems with ShopTo. 

They have replied to my refund request and told me all digital purchases are non-refundable, regardless of whether you receive the code or not.

I accept I made the error in purchasing a UK/EU product, but given I registered and paid with an Australian address and using an Australian IP, it would be nice if they would have not actually allowed the purchase in the first place. Now I'm $50 lighter with no access to the game.

Trying to get a refund from Shop.To on the grounds the game is currently faulty and they're completely ignoring the Consumer Rights Act, telling me to contact Sega. 

Can confirm the lack of help desk etc, so had to contact them via Twitter. 

Will never use them again, that's for definite. 

Cheapest isn't always best.

3 hours ago, Gee_Simpson said:

Honestly though it must be a non UK issue because they are excellent otherwise. 

If by "excellent otherwise" you mean they're cheap and they deliver the product you paid for, then sure, I guess.

But if they don't have a help desk, they are hard to get a hold of, and they don't respect the customer rights, then how good are they really? Judging a company from their customer support is usually a decent metric, and from what I'm seeing in this thread they should be avoided like the plague.

Edited by mersk

3 minutes ago, mersk said:

If by "excellent otherwise" you mean they're cheap and they deliver the product you paid for, then sure, I guess.

But if they don't have a help desk, they are hard to get a hold of, and they don't respect the customer rights, then how good are they really? Judging a company from their customer support is usually a decent metric, and from what I'm seeing in this thread they should be avoided like the plague.

You make good points, but I've never had a problem with them tbf. They get great reviews on trustpilot, and have dealt with any problems I've had with them over the years. I agree that this thread doesn't show then in a good light though. 

• 1 month later...

Does anyone have experience with Instant-Gaming.com? They're (significantly) cheaper than anywhere else.

It's also one of the few websites that lists the price in AUD so I don't have to deal with exchange rates.

edit: never mind, key is region locked. what the f**k is it with region locking games?
Are the prices on footballmanagerstore.com region prices or USD?

Edited by DGMGandy

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...