FM Delete/disable nations

Freeway22

I have a question about the current copy/copies of the Football Manager series, although I think it can be relevant for the upcoming one also. 

Is it possible to delete listed nations in the FM Editor, for example the so-called "Republic of Kosovo"?

It has not been an available option in the past versions of FM and it would be really appreciated if an option was created to avoid this instead of deleting everything related to the mentioned entities in the Editor and letting entities exist as "ghost nations", if that makes any sense. As an alternative, I have also tried to remove countries from international competitions in the Editor without success.

And regarding the last thing (which I would believe is a technical issue), why are some nations still competing in international tournaments (Euro and World Cup qualifications) when I go to "Nations" in the editor and disable them as "Worldwide Governing Body Full Members" in the "Information" section of the nation? Could someone at least help me out with this issue at least so relevant entities don't compete in these competition, if it's not possible to delete the nations?

Hope to hear from someone soon, with regards.
//F

• Administrators
6 minutes ago, Freeway22 said:

Is it possible to delete listed nations in the FM Editor, for example the so-called "Republic of Kosovo"?

You can rename them or make them basically inactive. Have a look at how defunct nations are treated.

6 minutes ago, Freeway22 said:

It has not been an available option in the past versions of FM and it would be really appreciated if an option was created to avoid this instead of deleting everything related to the mentioned entities in the Editor and letting entities exist as "ghost nations", if that makes any sense. As an alternative, I have also tried to remove countries from international competitions in the Editor without success.

And regarding the last thing (which I would believe is a technical issue), why are some nations still competing in international tournaments (Euro and World Cup qualifications) when I go to "Nations" in the editor and disable them as "Worldwide Governing Body Full Members" in the "Information" section of the nation? Could someone at least help me out with this issue at least so relevant entities don't compete in these competition, if it's not possible to delete the nations?

You need to revamp the competition structures if that's what you want to do. 

The option you're asking for is very complicated, there's a lot of dependencies of game objects or attributes on a nation (Player nationalities, local regions, cities, competitions, and so on)

It is totally possible to do, some have created a unified Ireland structure, as an example. 

You could start there by looking at what was done to do that, to replicate to change a nation, create your own, etc. 

2 minutes ago, Lucas said:

You can rename them or make them basically inactive. Have a look at how defunct nations are treated.

That's what I've done to this point but problem is that they still compete in the international tournaments even though I disable the "Worldwide Governing Body Full Members" option in the nation's "Information" section in the pre-game Editor, for example, "Kosovo" still being in the qualifying groups in Nations League/for EURO/World Cup. It's also very annoying with regens hailing from the nations which I try to "erase".

5 minutes ago, Lucas said:

The option you're asking for is very complicated, there's a lot of dependencies of game objects or attributes on a nation (Player nationalities, local regions, cities, competitions, and so on)

It is totally possible to do, some have created a unified Ireland structure, as an example. 

You could start there by looking at what was done to do that, to replicate to change a nation, create your own, etc. 

With "Kosovo" it's not that complicated as it's not a playable nation. I've done everything you mentioned, changed player nationalities/delete players, annex/re-integrate regions/cities to other nations, deleted competitions (since "Kosovo" is not a playable nation i.e. the database can handle it).

As for now, obviously there's not any way to actually delete nations... but if anything, how could I actually disable them from international tournaments, make them inactive and/or make the "Worldwide Governing Body Full Members" option work?

• Administrators
14 minutes ago, Lucas said:

As I said. 

You'll need to recreate all the competitions that Kosovo or a Kosovar club plays in, continentally or internationally