[FM20] Teams To Manage

BadAss88

2 hours ago, Adzke said:

I'm seeking suggestions to either a Eastern European club with some nice youth prospects and perhaps some history, or an MLS club. I haven't tried the MLS before on FM. Is the draft at all manageable if you haven't tried it before?

There are multiple drafts in MLS. Presumably, you mean the entry draft? If so, then I wouldn't worry about it too much. You can find talent there, but I usually sell my picks. Your academy is still a better source of young talent. On that front, I think FC Dallas and Philadelphia Union are probably your best bets if you want to build internally. The registration, salary cap, etc. learning curve for MLS can be pretty steep, especially if you're not already familiar with the rules. I'd advise either trying a 'crash course' making all the mistakes and restarting with the team you actually want to use. Or create backups until you've got a hang of it. 

• Replies 294
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

20 hours ago, XuluBak said:

There are multiple drafts in MLS. Presumably, you mean the entry draft? If so, then I wouldn't worry about it too much. You can find talent there, but I usually sell my picks. Your academy is still a better source of young talent. On that front, I think FC Dallas and Philadelphia Union are probably your best bets if you want to build internally. The registration, salary cap, etc. learning curve for MLS can be pretty steep, especially if you're not already familiar with the rules. I'd advise either trying a 'crash course' making all the mistakes and restarting with the team you actually want to use. Or create backups until you've got a hang of it. 

So MLS clubs still get youth intakes like other clubs?

40 minutes ago, Adzke said:

So MLS clubs still get youth intakes like other clubs?

Yes. The Superdraft is largely for college players and internationals that enter the league that way. So it's mostly players in their early 20s. I'd say the draft is largely just a source of cheap squad/fringe players. It can be a decent option for American/Canadian goalkeepers. Each year there are roughly 5-8 "Generation Adidas" players, that are younger, and offer salary benefits until they "graduate." You might get a decent starter from that lot. I wouldn't expect to find impact players through the draft though. Those will mostly come through international transfers, as "designated players" (basically, guys you can pay a higher salary, with reduced impact against the cap) and potentially your academy. 

The draft used to be a lot more significant, but I think only really still exists because drafts are such a huge part of other American sports. 

Edited by XuluBak

42 minutes ago, XuluBak said:

Yes. The Superdraft is largely for college players and internationals that enter the league that way. So it's mostly players in their early 20s. I'd say the draft is largely just a source of cheap squad/fringe players. It can be a decent option for American/Canadian goalkeepers. Each year there are roughly 5-8 "Generation Adidas" players, that are younger, and offer salary benefits until they "graduate." You might get a decent starter from that lot. I wouldn't expect to find impact players through the draft though. Those will mostly come through international transfers, as "designated players" (basically, guys you can pay a higher salary, with reduced impact against the cap) and potentially your academy. 

The draft used to be a lot more significant, but I think only really still exists because drafts are such a huge part of other American sports. 

It sounds like a really interesting league. I remember all the hype around Fredy Adu back in the day. But players like him don't come through the draft these days, then? 

I see a bunch of youngsters in my academy, but I can't get an evaluation on their potential. Are those my Generation Adidas players?

10 hours ago, Adzke said:

It sounds like a really interesting league. I remember all the hype around Fredy Adu back in the day. But players like him don't come through the draft these days, then? 

I see a bunch of youngsters in my academy, but I can't get an evaluation on their potential. Are those my Generation Adidas players?

No. Generation Adidas players are just players that enter the draft younger. They have a grey "GA" (info tag, like non-EU, foreign, etc.). I don't even know if you can move them out of your senior squad. They have special status. 

I think that may just be an idiosyncrasy with the way MLS is built into the game, the dev center, UI, etc. I loaded up a couple teams and couldn't see the star ratings from the "squad view," but clicking on any player revealed full 100% scouted info. Full attributes were also visible in my "squad view," just not the stars. Some clubs have what's essentially a "B team" affiliate, others don't. For those, it seems like the stars are visible from the "squad view."

I have struggled to get into a new save. I am wanting either a big club in a smaller league with potential to grow the leagues rep. Or I would like to go a 2nd tier club in say France, Italy or Spain.

Teams in my mind are Olympiakos, Stjarnan, Malmo, Malaga, Tenerife or others if you have suggestions.

All help is appreciated. 

Edited by Ewan0404

26 minutes ago, Ewan0404 said:

I have struggled to get into a new save. I am wanting either a big club in a smaller league with potential to grow the leagues rep. Or I would like to go a 2nd tier club in say France, Italy or Spain.

Teams in my mind are Olympiakos, Stjarnan, Malmo, Malaga, Tenerife or others if you have suggestions.

All help is appreciated. 

In ligue 2, it's gotta be Sochaux in Montbeliard in the shadows of the Alps with a bunch of potential with some young guys or Auxerre and see if you can have a better legacy than the legendary Guy Roux.

On 10/07/2020 at 17:11, TheJanitor said:

Looking for a team in France, Italy or Spain. Either a second division side or a top division side that is expected to finish in the bottom half.

Looking for a team that got a good youth set up and some interesting young players. Contemplating Sochaux, Sporting Gijon and Bologna, would appreciate other recommendations

FCSM have a great set of young players already. I'd love to see how they develop around 4-5 years in.

• 2 weeks later...
10 saat önce, Superman said:

Looking for a English lower league club with the majority of players are HGC. Any idea who fits the bill? 

crewe alexandra just completed first season really good players and potential

Just now, canry said:

seneye bi rize yapar mıyız reis:D

oooooo :)etmez miyiz diyecem de galatasaray varken türkiye de başka takım olamıyorum en fazla devre arasında geldimi galatasaray aşkım depreşiyor :)

20 dakika önce, dido53 said:

oooooo :)etmez miyiz diyecem de galatasaray varken türkiye de başka takım olamıyorum en fazla devre arasında geldimi galatasaray aşkım depreşiyor :)

ben de  sadece rize ve gs ile oynarım, memleketim:D

• 3 weeks later...

Gencler Turkce konusmayin yabancilara ayip oluyor :D

Bu arada ben hic TR ligi olmadim desem, ki fanatik gsliyim. 

Ingiltere ligi disinda bayiyor, kolay domine ediyorsun hemen.

AZ Alkmaar denedim en son, o da baydi. 

I'm looking for the total opposite to what most clubs want these days, a club that's happy with defensively-solid football.

I don't really care about their league or background, just a club that will accept i'm a defensive-minded coach.

Palace and Torino are the perfect examples, but I've already enjoyed saves with them. Any other teams similar to this anyone can recommend?

30 minutes ago, smplfc123 said:

I'm looking for the total opposite to what most clubs want these days, a club that's happy with defensively-solid football.

I don't really care about their league or background, just a club that will accept i'm a defensive-minded coach.

Palace and Torino are the perfect examples, but I've already enjoyed saves with them. Any other teams similar to this anyone can recommend?

gotta be Burnley :)

Guys I need help picking a team, I have a good save with a side then it takes me ages to get into another one.

I want advice on who to go in France, Germany or Italy. Not the massive club in each league and not Roma or AC Milan as I have played as them this year.

Thanks in advance.  I need to find a connection with a club and hope you can help.

2 hours ago, Ewan0404 said:

Guys I need help picking a team, I have a good save with a side then it takes me ages to get into another one.

I want advice on who to go in France, Germany or Italy. Not the massive club in each league and not Roma or AC Milan as I have played as them this year.

Thanks in advance.  I need to find a connection with a club and hope you can help.

I am assuming from your wording you would want first tier clubs, so here are my suggestions and reasons for:

France - Marseille (the only french club to win Champions League, at least until tomorrow that is, can you repeat the performance and beat PSG to it?)

Italy - Cagliari (the only team in the Italian islands to win Serie A and one of the two from south to do it. bonus challenge: find the next Gigi Riva).

Germany - Hertha (the biggest german city, huge stadium, decent money but failed to deliver for so long).

Looking for a new longish term save where I take a decent team to the elite level

On FM19 I'm currently about 15 seasons in as Lyon and finally looking to move on (FM20)

Looking for a decently placed club, but really want good youth facilities. I'm thinking a top division in Europe so ideas would probably be Atalanta, Southampton etc.

I plan to restrict myself with signings (eg only 1 player over 23 per season) and focus on youth (both academy and signed)

Any other suggestions for me? Willing to go to a team as good as Arsenal (I'm a fan and the PL is competitive) but probably no highe

16 hours ago, Aizo4576 said:

Looking for a new longish term save where I take a decent team to the elite level

On FM19 I'm currently about 15 seasons in as Lyon and finally looking to move on (FM20)

Looking for a decently placed club, but really want good youth facilities. I'm thinking a top division in Europe so ideas would probably be Atalanta, Southampton etc.

I plan to restrict myself with signings (eg only 1 player over 23 per season) and focus on youth (both academy and signed)

Any other suggestions for me? Willing to go to a team as good as Arsenal (I'm a fan and the PL is competitive) but probably no highe

Could always try Bundealiga - Leverkusen and Leipzing are exactly molded into your request, with both good facilities and a nice bunch of young exciting players.

2 hours ago, Muttley84 said:

Could always try Bundealiga - Leverkusen and Leipzing are exactly molded into your request, with both good facilities and a nice bunch of young exciting players.

Considering both, I'll be using an unofficial update so it would be interesting without Havertz and Werner respectively

• 2 weeks later...
On 06/09/2020 at 16:15, Ewan0404 said:

Playing on 20.4 patch I am looking for a new save as my AEK save got crash dumps. 

I am looking for any ideas on a club. Maybe a fallen giant or just a big club with not a lot of trophies recently. 

Preferably not in England. 

Hows about AC Milan, or Valencia? 

• 2 weeks later...
11 dakika önce, silentwars said:

Looking for a team where I can ultilise a gegenpressing style of play. Ideally in a European league, and a top half team. I want the players to have good work rate, determination, teamwork and fitness levels. No German teams please. 

czech teams maybe?

On 12/07/2020 at 16:02, Adzke said:

I can only second this. I’m uk based but a huge advocate of the MLS. I’m a NCFC season ticket holder (for my sins) an many years ago a few of our players went to Toronto when they were kicking off their mls franchise. It was then I decided to give the mls a go on FM. Wow what a game changer. Honestly it revitalised my love for fm that was beginning to get stale. 

I say this as the MLS is a totally different challenge. Devote time to understanding the rules an it’s such a rewarding challenge. I’ll be honest my Seattle save from a few years ago was my favourite save in many years. Built a legacy there. It’s great trading slots for international spots etc. Using designated player spots carefully etc. Managed to sign Zlatan from PSG at 34 (this was a few years back before he went to the states in real life) an he tore up the league an made us lots of $$$. 

give it a go. But be prepared to devote time to learning rules you’ll likely never have faced on fm before. 

On 27/09/2020 at 13:26, 3rik said:

I'm looking for a fun team in League 1/2 or Championship. Not much of other demands then a interesting squad, facilities etc is not so important. I'm thinking of a 3-5-2 system but it's not a deal breaker.

Plymouth, Mansfield or Sunderland 

Edited by silentwars

Am 23.9.2020 um 00:23 schrieb silentwars:

Looking for a team where I can ultilise a gegenpressing style of play. Ideally in a European league, and a top half team. I want the players to have good work rate, determination, teamwork and fitness levels. No German teams please. 

Atalanta Bergamo. They ARE gegenpressing. :D

• 2 weeks later...
15 hours ago, Ewan0404 said:

I would like to try my hand at international management.

I could go my native Scotland or try another side with good young players to build around.

Any ideas?

Kosovo was a good international save I had for a while. Not young players necessarily, you're relying on dual nationality often (Swiss, Scandinavians).

Scotland should be a good save in FM21.