B team manager appointment - problem

Have moved to Barcelona in my game after a few years in England. About a month in my B team manager retired, the club automatically posted an advert for a replacement. Now, four months on, the ad still hasn’t come down and no appointment has been made - and I can’t appoint a B team manager - the option to offer a contract for the role is prevented in negotiations.

Is there anything I can change in the responsibilities or elsewhere that will allow me to appoint, or is this just a bug?

In the staff responsabilities screen, select yourself in the drop down menu to "hire staff for B team" so you can hire the staff for the B team.

It has other issues... like for example when you take care of that task, you don't know the limit of coaches, scouts, etc that you have at the B team so basically you can hire all the scouts, managers, etc that you want for the B team.

Overall the B teams management at least in Spain is still very bugged as they are seen as just independent affiliate teams from the main one when in reality they are more like a youth/reserves team. Actually they were like that in past versions of CM/FM but they ere changed to independent affiliates back then as some people wanted to be the manager of these teams but as it was poorly implemented, most of the Spanish community would prefer it to be back to being reserves/youth teams as it was originally, that while not perfect, was more accurate.

5 hours ago, Icy said:

In the staff responsabilities screen, select yourself in the drop down menu to "hire staff for B team" so you can hire the staff for the B team.

It has other issues... like for example when you take care of that task, you don't know the limit of coaches, scouts, etc that you have at the B team so basically you can hire all the scouts, managers, etc that you want for the B team.

Overall the B teams management at least in Spain is still very bugged as they are seen as just independent affiliate teams from the main one when in reality they are more like a youth/reserves team. Actually there were like that in past versions of CM/FM but they ere changed to independent affiliates back then as some people wanted to be the manager of these teams but as it was poorly implemented, most of the Spanish community would prefer it to be back to being reserves/youth teams as it was originally, that while not perfect, was more accurate.

This goes for German II teams too, it isn't implemented well. e.g. you can't control their individual training, control of tactics is very limited and weird, and you can't get proper coach reports on players. I hope this is improved for FM20

Archived