Director of Football

TacticNewb

Orginally posted in the tactics and training form but I think this is a better for this. I was wondering about a few things in regards to the DOF.

Does he sign players according to his tendencies?

Does he sign players and staff according to his tactical side ie pressing style etc. 

If he has for talking sake say 20 and 20 for Jpa and Jpp will he sign really good players or is it still the same players if he had 10 and 10

Any ideas of responses would be welcome

• 2 months later...

Its a little bit confusing in swedish it just says "sportchef" for both roles. I learned this by mistake by letting my chairwoman sign one after I signed one a couple weeks earlier. It would be nice if you could change the name of technical director to "teknisk direktör" in swedish just to clarify that its different roles. 

• 6 months later...
On 29/08/2019 at 07:08, TacticNewb said:

Orginally posted in the tactics and training form but I think this is a better for this. I was wondering about a few things in regards to the DOF.

Does he sign players according to his tendencies?

Does he sign players and staff according to his tactical side ie pressing style etc. 

If he has for talking sake say 20 and 20 for Jpa and Jpp will he sign really good players or is it still the same players if he had 10 and 10

Any ideas of responses would be welcome

This is an excellent question becuz I wonder if it's just a cosmetic role in game. 

Depends how you want to use them I would say.

I've done different types of saves.

One where the DoF finds, negotiates and completes the signings and I have to make do with what they have found. In this save the better the DoF was at JPA and JPP they seemed to sign better or more suitable players. Sadly I can't say I noticed if their preferred formation/style had much influence because each one I hired was close to my own, or the players they signed fit into my team anyway.

Another save my scouts/I found the players and added them as transfer target groups (eg ST or AMR) and the DoF was left to negotiate the deals only and I had final say. Here I wasn't as interested in their JPA and JPP stats as their negotiating, but the higher they were the better as I figure they will negotiate better deals if they can accurately assess the player.

• 3 weeks later...

I use the DoF to find players and initiate negotiations with the other club, but with me taking up from there. This way, I let the DoF find potential interesting players that I didn't know before, but I also guarantee that if I don't like the idea I can cancel it even before going into contract negotiations.

As for JPA and JPP, what I understand is that the DoF will be better or worse at evaluating good signings for my club. A low JPA means he can spot a player thinking he is really good, when in fact he's not. With high JPA, he will be right more often (or wrong less often...).

Edited by 99