Training - 'Unit not getting enough attention'

I tend to play a possession style of football, so for my training I set every single week (aside from pre-season) to the standard 'Possession' training schedule, and it seems to work very nicely:

image.thumb.png.8bb4d8cc72c235fe17d2c509f3099dd8.png

Tactical familiarity is very good, and my players attributes are improving as I would like them to.

Being a possession schedule, the main focus is, as you might expect, the attacking unit, which has led to a few of my defenders complaining that their unit isn't getting enough attention.

Additionally, goalkeepers complain that they aren't getting enough attention.

Does anybody have any suggestions for what drills I could replace with a defending/goalkeeping one?

As a side note, unless I am mistaken, there isn't actually a single pre-set schedule that has any goalkeeping drills! Does everyone have goalkeepers complain about this?

No, I've got coaches covering all aspects of training, I'm pretty sure it's down to the schedule not focusing on the defensive unit and the goalkeeping unit.

I'm wondering which of those drills in the 'possession' schedule could be swapped out, or whether it would be a better idea to have maybe one week of the month dedicated to defence/goalkeeper training.

3 hours ago, ryandormer said:

No, I've got coaches covering all aspects of training, I'm pretty sure it's down to the schedule not focusing on the defensive unit and the goalkeeping unit.

I'm wondering which of those drills in the 'possession' schedule could be swapped out, or whether it would be a better idea to have maybe one week of the month dedicated to defence/goalkeeper training.

usually these are the following factors that create this notification:

1. Training workload is high for the mentioned coaching category, i.e. having a low ratio of coaches to number of players needing coaching in that area

2. Low quality coaches for high reputation players/club 

3. Custom/manual training schedule that is not balanced - if you leave it to automatic you shouldn't get that notification unless you have the 2 problems above

10 hours ago, ryandormer said:

I tend to play a possession style of football, so for my training I set every single week (aside from pre-season) to the standard 'Possession' training schedule, and it seems to work very nicely:

image.thumb.png.8bb4d8cc72c235fe17d2c509f3099dd8.png

Tactical familiarity is very good, and my players attributes are improving as I would like them to.

Being a possession schedule, the main focus is, as you might expect, the attacking unit, which has led to a few of my defenders complaining that their unit isn't getting enough attention.

Additionally, goalkeepers complain that they aren't getting enough attention.

Does anybody have any suggestions for what drills I could replace with a defending/goalkeeping one?

As a side note, unless I am mistaken, there isn't actually a single pre-set schedule that has any goalkeeping drills! Does everyone have goalkeepers complain about this?

You should include a session from the Defending category - ex. Defending Engaged. And you should also include a session from the Goalkeeping category. Although I never do but never have complains from my GKs.

The Possession schedule you have chosen is nice but you should not use it every week. Mix it up with other schedules.

I used to focus each week on Possession, Attacking, Tactical and Defending type schedules. They were slightly modified from the default ones.

However, lately I've decided to just alternate between Attacking Possession schedule one week and Defending Pressing another week. For example, my Attacking Possession schedule includes at least the following:

Physical - Possession - Attacking - Ball Retention - Ball Distribution -  Attacking Patiently - Chance Creation  - Chance Conversion - Attacking Shadow Play - Attacking Movement 

My Defending Pressing schedule includes the following:

Physical - Defending - Tactical - Transition Press - Transition Restrict - Defending Engaged - Defending Disengaged - Defending Wide - Defensive Shadow Play - Defensive Positioning

I could add more sessions to both like Set Pieces or Goalkeeping. I can also repeat some sessions.

You can't just focus on possession attributes while neglecting important defensive attributes.

Thanks for the reply. That looks like a really good idea. Do you alternate each week (one week attack, one week defence?). Also, what happens to your schedule when you have matches? The presets have one match and two match versions. How does the AI choose which of your sessions to remove when you have a match or two during the week?

On 23/08/2019 at 00:03, ryandormer said:

Thanks for the reply. That looks like a really good idea. Do you alternate each week (one week attack, one week defence?). Also, what happens to your schedule when you have matches? The presets have one match and two match versions. How does the AI choose which of your sessions to remove when you have a match or two during the week?

Yes as I said I alternate between attacking week and defensive week.

When I have midweek matches on Tuesday or Wednesday, then some of the sessions are replaced with Match Preview - Match - Recovery sequence. Every week or every time there is a change in my weekly schedule because of fixtures added, I get notification in the inbox news screen. I can further adjust the schedule from there or go to my training calendar. I usually spread the sessions along two weeks period then, as opposed to one week. 

Archived