Struggling to loan out players?

Hey,

Does anyone else have this problem? Example below, this guy I've been trying to loan out since June 1st 2022, offering him out for loan multiple times, yet just can't get any offers for him. He's down as a hot prospect and I've offered to pay wages, i just feel like something's wrong.  

e7a63960405933da551b1891b31ad440.png
https://gyazo.com/e7a63960405933da551b1891b31ad440

This is normally because in the game clubs know in advance that he'd reject the offer they'd make. Similarly to how you can filter from a player search whether they'd be interested in joining or not, AI clubs do the same and won't make an offer if he has no interest in taking it. He looks to be a very good player and is rated at 3* - in all likelihood he expects to be playing a significant role in the first-team squad at this point rather than be loaned out for experience, especially since he made a few appearances last season. You can test this, though, by adding a manage to another club at a level where they'd be interested and seeing if you can get him to sign or not, and then obviously reloading the save.

Edited by Spurs08

I find it is way too hard to loan out players in FM in general. You could have a youth player who won't take up any registration space and is talented enough to walk on in any club get no offers even if it's completely free with 0% of wages to be paid by the club that takes him on. Yes, I understand it could be because the other clubs don't think he'd accept, but that's a bit silly when he'd clearly get no game time at home and this happens far too often regardless...

I haven’t had too much issue. One other consideration is timing. For example English prem teams can only have two players on loan. Window opens 6/9, yet previous season loanees don’t return to club until 6/30. If you offer player out on 6/10 many of the available loan slots are locked up until 6/30. That guy looks premier league quality, which could be part of issue too? Food for thought

1 minute ago, s0ni42 said:

I haven’t had too much issue. One other consideration is timing. For example English prem teams can only have two players on loan. Window opens 6/9, yet previous season loanees don’t return to club until 6/30. If you offer player out on 6/10 many of the available loan slots are locked up until 6/30. That guy looks premier league quality, which could be part of issue too? Food for thought

Yes but I have this problem in Serie A without that restriction. Also, I think this taps into the general issue with FM's transfer/loan dates being too inflexible, which hinders a lot of business going through. You should be able to preemptively plan to loan a player before the window opens or before your other loanees return, but it doesn't let you.

• 1 month later...

I had the same problem with many players. I also play in Serie A. The only solution I found is to give him game time in my team until next transfer window. For example, that is what I did with my current GK, I gave him some starts in cup games and few in Serie A, and next season one of the clubs in Germany wanted him on loan so he went there for whole season and then one season he went to Man City as a key player and now he is my first choice keeper.

4 hours ago, yolixeya said:

I had the same problem with many players. I also play in Serie A. The only solution I found is to give him game time in my team until next transfer window. For example, that is what I did with my current GK, I gave him some starts in cup games and few in Serie A, and next season one of the clubs in Germany wanted him on loan so he went there for whole season and then one season he went to Man City as a key player and now he is my first choice keeper.

After a few seasons I gave up and used the editor to send them back to their former clubs on free loans where they played many games, which begs the question, why didn't those clubs ask to take the players back on free loans if they would use them so much?

21 minutes ago, Weston said:

After a few seasons I gave up and used the editor to send them back to their former clubs on free loans where they played many games, which begs the question, why didn't those clubs ask to take the players back on free loans if they would use them so much?

Yes, it's weird that no one wants them, especially when they are already at good level like the player in the OP's screenshot.

One of my players in currnet save and current season had some offers, 5-6 clubs so I accepted the offer wich I thought is the best for him and he ended up rejecting it. Later when I offered him to clubs on loan no one wanted him anymore.

3 hours ago, Weston said:

The most likely answer is that the player wouldn't accept the loan if you didn't force it. You can test this by adding a manger to the club in question, making the loan offer, and seeing what happens. It's the AI equivalent of using the "realistic transfers" option on the player search - they automatically know how likely it is for a player to agree to come to them, and if there's no chance then they won't bother making the offer to you.

2 hours ago, Spurs08 said:

The most likely answer is that the player wouldn't accept the loan if you didn't force it. You can test this by adding a manger to the club in question, making the loan offer, and seeing what happens. It's the AI equivalent of using the "realistic transfers" option on the player search - they automatically know how likely it is for a player to agree to come to them, and if there's no chance then they won't bother making the offer to you.

Then this needs to be made more clear and/or players need to not reject loans so often when they have a 0% chance of seeing any playing time...

I'm having difficulties with this too. I'm a recently promoted league one club, and have three young strikers who my coaches tell me are good enough to play in league two. The best offer I have for any of them despite offering to loan them out for no wage contribution is from National League sides!

Granted I myself try to loan players who my scouts rate as being good enough for the league above, but still it's annoying there are no decent takers for some reasonable players for nothing. I may have to accept these bids as there's too much competition for places for all three to play, plus annoyingly the National League sides have better training facilities than I do...