Early faves to manage FM20?

6 hours ago, Teme55 said:

I just cant't make my mind. Huge LaLiga fan so I'll start there, but options are too good.

Real Betis (Fan)

Sevilla (Very interesting team, but too good?)

Real Sociedad (Loaded with young very potential players, too easy for years to come?)

You're  a Betis fan how can you even think about being Sevilla?!

• Replies 275
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

9 minutes ago, steakfaced said:

You're  a Betis fan how can you even think about being Sevilla?!

Ha, knew that would come back on me. I’m from Finland so no hate for another club in Seville. Or you could say I’m Spanish football fan who likes Betis

1 hour ago, Teme55 said:

Ha, knew that would come back on me. I’m from Finland so no hate for another club in Seville. Or you could say I’m Spanish football fan who likes Betis

Hehe all is f air. I'm in the middle  of a "teams I hate" save, after winning everything with United  I'm at Madrid hahahha

On 21/10/2019 at 13:39, kevhamster said:

On 30/10/2019 at 14:43, kevhamster said:

Some way to go I'm afraid - they're currently in Southern League Division One, so two steps below the National South. and they're not doing very well there currently.  Would probably help if they actually had a home currently, but as it stands that's all up in the air at the moment.

I don't think we'll see them anywhere near the playable leagues in the next few seasons at least, if ever.  But, they will be playable via custom databases.

What a shame. I enjoy chatting with fellow non league fans.

Italy: Atalanta seem to be overlooked a lot by players this year. A young, fast, attacking team that qualified for the Champions League for the first time last year and have a wonderful academy.  The Chairman even sends locally born children a kit!

Germany: RB Leipzig, despite being the most hated team in Germany, have some phenomenal young players, and have never won the Bundesliga so it's a great opportunity to create history.  Got a few quid behind them too.

England: In the Premier League, I'm looking at Arsenal and Norwich. Arsenal are a shambles atm, but have some promisjng youngsters coming through and have never won the Champions League. Norwich finished 3rd in the first ever season of the PL, are a very well run club wjth a focus on bringjng through young players and being self sustainable, and play in the marvellous yellow and green.

Spain: Having lived in this beautiful gem of a city on the Mediterranean coast, Valencia are my go to for La Liga. Despite having won the Copa Del Rey last season, Marcelino was mercilessly fired by the narcissistic Peter Lim. There's not much money, but a couple of good youngsters coming through and when La Mestalla is rocking, there's few better grounds in Europe.

France: Rennes, having been recently taken over by the richest man in England, certainly have the financial backing available should the board choose. Some famtastic young prospects along with the challenge of overcoming PSG make this an intriguing proposition  

On 29/09/2019 at 10:55, PLD3009 said:

Ordered this years version after missing a year.

Going to try and stay away from the top teams/obvious choices.

Hoping to manage Saint Malo in the French league, only because that was the first place in Europe I ever visited!

Can not manage at National B level, so messing about with the nearest professional team to me, Carlisle.

Leaning to 'pick for me' when the official release comes out

I have understanded how much I ruined my last 1-2 years of FM experience. Looking into players etc in forums takes lot of joy out of the game.

After Beta will try to start from bottom and build up from there, but will never use to search player funcion on a player i dont know. Will try to relay on my scouts and do my own search via looking into leagues and clubs.

1860 Munich are a quality side if you want to start in Liga 3. Great facilities & they want you to use the academy so it's easy to get extensive recruitment/exceptional academy coaching.

On 27/10/2019 at 09:44, saihtam said:

I am really afraid like every year United will be too OP still and will not reflect theyr current situation. Will be interesting to see.

They look a lot more average this time around. Martial in particular has been hit with some mental attribute drops, and Rashford looks fairly vanilla.

Maguire doesn't look that amazing physically, he's lumbering with no agility. Lindelof is weak in the air, as he should be.

A lot of the squad look to be technically or mentally weak. Lingard still has ridiculous 18 for off the ball movement though.

Daniel James is sorely underrated at the moment as well. I don't think anyone would play him with his current attribute spread.

Of those still over-rated: Pereira stands out, a technical player with good dead ball skills? Don't think he's shown any of that at United.  Phil Jones is still probably one of the better defenders (really?), Juan Mata is still up there as an almost automatic starter with his attributes...

I checked out the Utd squad and was glad to see that they aren't that great at all really. Makes a long term save with them viable so I'll definitely be starting as them once the beta is over. I definitely want to get rid of the deadwood, which should hopefully add to the 100m budget you get at the start. 

Edited by Gee_Simpson

Club vision bugs kinda ruined my HSV save. I don't feel like continuing it, or restarting with them (especially at the risk of the same thing happening again), and I don't want to start my journeyman save until after release and some things are fixed. Unfortunately, my backup plan, Inter Miami, is completely unplayable at this point. So...

Back to the drawing board! 

13 horas atrás, XuluBak disse:

Club vision bugs kinda ruined my HSV save. I don't feel like continuing it, or restarting with them (especially at the risk of the same thing happening again), and I don't want to start my journeyman save until after release and some things are fixed. Unfortunately, my backup plan, Inter Miami, is completely unplayable at this point. So...

Back to the drawing board! 

What were the problems? Don't get me wrong but I hope you realize this post, while legit, doesn't add anything and much less help solve anything.

Upon being promoted, club vision for first season in Bundesliga was to qualify for UCL. No biggie. It's beta. I get it. I posted about the issue in the appropriate forum, as have others. 

I was circling back to this thread because I'd settled on two ideas for beta, to hold me over until I start my journeyman save, but they didn't work out, so like I said, back to the drawing board. What to try next? Try again, with a different club, and hope it's isolated to HSV (or Bundeslga)? Just pick a top flight club to continue my tactical experiment? Explore a new league? 

On 02/11/2019 at 22:48, Steve Cobble said:

… better grounds in Europe.

France: Rennes, having been recently taken over by the richest man in England, certainly have the financial backing available should the board choose. Some famtastic young prospects along with the challenge of overcoming PSG make this an intriguing proposition  

You meant Nice, not Rennes I guess.

Edited by bianconeri96

I couldn't decide on something that really caught my interest, so I decided to just start a journeyman (light) save. Went with top 8 countries in Europe (excluding Russia). Top 4 tiers in England, top 3 in the rest (except Holland, since it's only got 2 playable). Only considering 3rd tier in Spain, France, Italy, or Belgium for my first position. No badges, minimal playing experience (for the adaptability).

First position that came up, Andorra FC. What are the chances, right? Applied for that and a couple random ones in 3rd tier France and Belgium. I was kinda hoping F.C. Pro Vercelli 1892 would come up, and based on the table, it might have before long, but before it could a position at another Serie C/A club became available that I couldn't pass up. Alessandria.  Lose the "i" and that's my 7-month-old daughter's name. 

Edited by XuluBak

On 05/11/2019 at 12:08, 99 said:

What were the problems? Don't get me wrong but I hope you realize this post, while legit, doesn't add anything and much less help solve anything.

I would suspect it's the ridiculous expectation boards seem to have upon promotion.  Not sure it's a bug tbh, it's fairly realistic, just makes for a bad game playing experience

I keep away from clubs in the top leagues because I don't like trawling through the loads of players who are interested.  I've always wanted to do Bilbao for that reason, so maybe this year...

I was going to keep away from the British Isles for my journeyman save this time but the new Welsh divisions gives several clubs local to me.  The Welsh team I support is Bangor, and it should be a challenge getting them back to being a power in Welsh football then getting a job in England.

Instead of the British Isles this time I was going to load all the South American leagues plus Mexico.  I don't know much about these leagues, but I'd love to start with a Brazilian 3rd tier side somewhere in the Amazon then move on to make a Peruvian club a world power.

• 1 month later...