Football Manager 2019 Official Feedback Thread

Biggest downside for this year's FM from your pov ?  

66 members have voted

1. 1. What really annoy you this year while playing FM19 ?

• Players moaning for new contracts too often
    • Gegenpressing tactic too powerful
    • Youngsters determination decreasing despite tutoring
    • IA still stockpiling players at a specific position/low teambuilding
    • Calendar bug ,only 1 day to recover between 2 officials games, especially a the end of the season (Obviously, i'm not talking about the Boxing day)
    • International call-ups issues (players unavailable for Champions League final etc...)

This poll is closed to new votes

yeah i agree there's much more than just central play - lack of movement. there are many very fundamental and basic common football sense problems, most of them acknowledged by SI and testing team. so we will need to see how much if any will be improved for fm19. and then next year there will be new bugs which is normal. that's why we buy FM each year in hope of perfect game, which never happens.

• Replies 5.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

12 hours ago, Svenc said:

That is a natural bias naturally, as similar to football Viewers, FMers tend to prefer the spectacle. 

This is an interesting bit to discuss rather than ME balance imo (for the record I dislike current ME :D). I think the game of football irl is destined to go towards 'spectacle' i.e. attacking football i.e. goals. This is mostly because football is a product to sell to clients (TV viewers worldwide) and this is or should be the main goal of every league. EPL is the 'best' league in the world because they're the best at selling their product. Of course to do this they've brought in the best players and most of all the best managers (british managers are almost extinct in EPL, this is not a coincidence :lol:) but a key aspect/consequence is also there are 5-6 teams with an average of 2 goals scored per game. Bundesliga is also on the rise as a league and as a 'product' (http://www.espn.com/soccer/german-bundesliga/story/2889774/bundesliga-clubs-say-new-tv-rights-deal-closes-gap-to-premier-league) despite Bayern monopoly, thanks to a new 'school' of german managers, a league spread tendency to develop attacking and technically gifted players (which also benefited the national team as seen with World Cup title in 2014), and also 5-6 teams regularly around 2 goals scored per game. The decline of Italian Serie A (once the best league in the world) might have a few reasons, but you can sum it up with less technically gifted players, less goals scored and the 'old school' of italian defensive managers still on the saddle.

Respected NBA writer Kevin Pelton noted how video game players in the 90s would pretty much just shoot 3 pointers and dunk in basketball videogames (think NBA Jam). Why? Because it was more fun of course! Fast forward 20 years and NBA teams are now shooting 3s like crazy (legendary coach Gregg Popovich not loving it https://ftw.usatoday.com/2018/11/san-antonio-spurs-gregg-popovich-hates-three-pointers) and have pretty much erased the mid-range game, basically you want to shoot the three or go inside (dunk or lay-up). Pace has never been so high, scores have never been so high, league popularity worldwide has never been so high and most importantly money (for the owners and for the players) has never been so high. This is not a coincidence, it's a very precise strategy by the league to sell their product (a strategy started in the 90s when low scores and physical defense were harming the appeal of the league/product).

What does this have to do with FM match engine? Not much really, but we video game players and/or football viewers will always want more goals and the game (football before FM) will have to adapt if it wants more of our money! We're pioneers of sexy football we cannot lose :lol:.

Edited by kandersson

vor 2 Stunden schrieb Mitja:

i think Neil kind of hinted there will be updates but we'll have to wait to see if there will be ME changes. i'm also not too optimistic to see big changes but to leave ME in current state, i don't know all i can say is i bought the game and all i did was testing it. i have no desire to play it currently. it defenetely has potential to be the best ME ever but this is not finished product imo and SI can just postpone it, like you said for next year.

I am in the same boat, the greatest thing about fm19 is that it cured me of my fm addiction. 

For first time in 300 hours of FM2019 I managed to get to the EL Finals. It was an awesome journey. Only to be beaten by Man Utd with 4-0. However, it saddens me that nobody of my players is in the Team of the year. How is that be calculated? With Cork City being in the finals I assume 1 or 2 players had to be in the team of the year. Strange! 

6 hours ago, akkm said:

This is the wrong way to look at it svenc...until attacking patterns and movements are simulated better then that's what will impede the development of the engine.

Not sure About it for the following reasons:

- Football is an inherently low scoring game for a reason, naturally. Plus, space on an actual modern Football pitch is a hard thing to come by. FM tends to have spaces that would never exist on a real Football pitch -- however, the attacking Phase oft relies on those spaces, or you wouldn't see that much goals at all. Some of them happen during the open Play Phase, others during set piece defending
- The tweaks made in between Prior Releases were a direct result of SI trying to fix those gaps (flanks as to FM 16 corrected by wide midfielders barely defending centrally anymore, etc.). 
- Therefore, in between the last couple Releases SI spendn a significant amount of time Fixing (and balancing) defensive issues in their own engine. However, for as Long as the game doesn't simulate proper "zonal" defending, it's a bit like the fisherman who Patches his boat over and over rather than buying a new one -- only to find that when the patch is applied, the water tends to leak someplace else. The fix applied to the flanks naturally opened up cans of space in the centre of the pitch, etc. There's more Long-term ones, as recorded by MBarbaric here for FM18.
- Historically, there's actually more. Prior to ca. Fm 12ish, it didn't even much matter anything, as space used to be there no matter what (due to an "issue" with off the ball movement that meant Forwards could run through markers off the ball as if they didn't exist). Players however still aren't a "physical presence" proper as such to do this day
_

It's Always going to be a balancing act. But until the game has figured out the defending part first, the attacking part a) doesN't actually Need to be "fully" realistic to challenge defenses and b) SI don't actually Need to simulate "fully realistic" attacking for there to be any Goals. Plus c) historically they spend much ressources fixing the inherently defensive leaks to their own engine. Naturally, some tactical combinations still possible in the UI cause there to be movements on the pitch that barely ever hapens on a real Football pitch for Long anyhow… which Impacts AI vs AI matches too and may further make balancing things a tad difficult.

Some of the complaints attributed to FM 19 come about by that the AI employs too rigidly defensive tactics likely. Aside of tweaking the attacking movement, SI should also look at doing an internal test where they ship a DB to their testers that tricks AI into playing inherently more balanced and attacking tactics. Would be interesting anyhow. :D 

Edited by Svenc

Having finished a big season with four active teams in different circumstances:

——I still appreciate that the Assistant has finally stopped demanding possession from weak counter-teams. But instead we now have 'Should employ a short passing game'. Similarly, the *press* won't shut up about possession...

——Pressing. Too often I see my players defining counterpressing as sending two or three guys at a player, making them unable to press the inevitable passing target. I also see way, way too often how my entire midfield retreats to my box despite full counterpress at highly urgent with a much higher line, reaulting in opponents almost running box to box without being bothered. 

——Long Shots are obvious in certain circumstances but when playing different teams and situations they appear just to be a normal part of the game. I still say that off-foot screamers from LS8 players are weird but all in all it isn't as bad as first thought.

——Crossing. Especially wingbacks really try to make the game their own and make the game crossing heavy unless they are almost castrated. Which is why for my playing teams I am down to Fullbacks right now or even IWBs in narrow formations as those roles play more conservatively and patient instead of becomibg main playmakers and assist givers. 

——Either half the league got their versatility upped since the beta database or retraining is a joke in this old save. U23 players with versatility ratings between 15 and 18 won't become naturals in a position they start with as accomplished. My currently short Bremen save on the new database does not have this problem so far, so really just a data issue? 

In general I am not a friend of this feature. I'd give it a high upper limit (e.g. 75 to 100 games) for more extreme cases (older player going from forward to defender with low versatility) but with an option to always get players to natural in the end. Especially for 'related' roles (Fullback/Wingback, CM with other central midfielders, Wingers with Wingbacks/Offensive wingers) there should be more fluidity!

——In a good team climate demands for new contracts are almost perfect, usually falling into the winter break or offseason with only few demands from players playing over their status. Only problem: While the times fit, they always start a week too early, just before the Euro League/Champions League finales which can really cause problems.

——The new tactic layout is amazing. I see myself experimenting with formations a lot more and daring to go bold because it all is so fast now! 

——I'd like overlay explanations for when to asking the assistants for new PPMs. Some are self-explanatory but some are just weird. It also isn't helped that the assistants now say what attributes are helpful because for some well-rounded players too many are true. I have a 14 vision/14 vision striker with 16 finishing who has Pass>Shots. Yet when I want to unlearn it all they say is 'Passing good, you sure?'

——Board and player expectations make a lot of sense in a way. After a season of completely overachieving, my Pauli side still had a rather realistic board but completely hyped players.

Bremen had a monstrous second stage but all in all a rather disappointing season with ups and downs. My star players are demanding Europe, my youth want the squad and their focus to remain and the weaker ones want a quiet, stable season. Meanwhile the board has slight hopes for Europe but doesn't have it as a must-have

Düsseldorf was the best, weirdest case. They were relegated from the Bundesliga with a very good second league team. Yet at winter's break they were 17th and everything was breaking down. When I took them over, I got 46 points on the second stage to get promoted after all. My nominally first league team should have good chances to stay in with one or two new faces. Yet the players explicitly said they felt overwhelmed by the last coach and right now just want to play ball. The board likewise wanted to have a good shot at staying in but nothing more as it *is* an uphill battle and the club is being build up again.

Wolfsburg secured a narrow Champions League place in the last two weeks (after fearing missing out before) and made second place in the cup. The players are happy with the CL and want more, while the board is willing to accept all three options with a bias towards Europe.

In 17 the board very quickly believed the hype while players were just yay or nay. Especially Bremen and Düsseldorf however really surprised me with the many different options and demands and callbacks to past experiences

/edit: My only complaint regarding training: I want to see which module is trained by which coach. Both for optimisation and for better handling the 'player unhappy about too much [x] training' message.

Edited by Piperita

8 hours ago, dking said:

Is the "overwhelmed by the feedback" (every player) reaction to touch line shouts a bug?

No. It works just fine, unless you have a very specific scenario that shows different.

One thing i don't get about the "overwhelmed by the feedback" is what that actually means.
Encouraging my players always gives me the overwhelmed response. Why do they get overwhelmed by it?
Telling my players to concentrate gives me the overwhelmed response. Why?
I can always tell my players to be more passionate or i can demand more. That always gives me the fired up or focused response, regardless of match situation and/or score.
I could understand that they would be overwhelmed with those 2, especially if it wasn't needed in the match situation but that never happens for me.
Having gone from an unlicensed manager to now having the highest coaching license, still no difference there either.

I have no proof of it but it leaves me with the feeling that something's not right. I simply don't understand the response i get from the players as they don't make sense to me.

Just now, roykela said:

One thing i don't get about the "overwhelmed by the feedback" is what that actually means.
Encouraging my players always gives me the overwhelmed response. Why do they get overwhelmed by it?
Telling my players to concentrate gives me the overwhelmed response. Why?
I can always tell my players to be more passionate or i can demand more. That always gives me the fired up or focused response, regardless of match situation and/or score.
I could understand that they would be overwhelmed with those 2, especially if it wasn't needed in the match situation but that never happens for me.
Having gone from an unlicensed manager to now having the highest coaching license, still no difference there either.

I have no proof of it but it leaves me with the feeling that something's not right. I simply don't understand the response i get from the players as they don't make sense to me.

Add context to it. Without context, it's meaningless.

As HUNT3R says, context is very important when it comes to players being "overwhelmed" after shouts.

When in a match do managers use certain shouts? Is their team the favourite or an underdog? How are the players feeling before the shout? What are their personalities? How many more rhetorical questions can I ask?

I'm sure there is/was a separate thread where users discussed this very matter a while ago.

It's the context i'm confused about.

If my team is dominating a match and up 4-0. Why would my players be overwhelmed by telling them to concentrate?
If i would tell them to show more passion they would be lit up. They're already showing a lot of passion.
The reason why i'm using "show more passion" and "demand more" is that i find they are the only shouts that actullay makes my team concentrate.
Anything else is just disastrous.
And it doesn't matter if my team is the favourite or the underdogs.
Another thing that doesn't matter is how the players are feeling before the shout. They can be normal, confident, calm, complacent etc. It really doesn't matter.
The team in general has a professional personality. Individually the players have mostly the balanced personality.

You can make as many rhetorical questions as you feel like (although you might make them non-rhetorical as i will answer them anyway :D). But all of that i have already taken into consideration.
This is my 3rd team i'm managing now and for all teams it has been exactly the same. TPI in Denmark, Slough in England and now Dungannon in Northern Ireland.

11 minutes ago, roykela said:

It's the context i'm confused about.

If my team is dominating a match and up 4-0. Why would my players be overwhelmed by telling them to concentrate?
If i would tell them to show more passion they would be lit up. They're already showing a lot of passion.
The reason why i'm using "show more passion" and "demand more" is that i find they are the only shouts that actullay makes my team concentrate.
Anything else is just disastrous.
And it doesn't matter if my team is the favourite or the underdogs.
Another thing that doesn't matter is how the players are feeling before the shout. They can be normal, confident, calm, complacent etc. It really doesn't matter.
The team in general has a professional personality. Individually the players have mostly the balanced personality.

You can make as many rhetorical questions as you feel like (although you might make them non-rhetorical as i will answer them anyway :D). But all of that i have already taken into consideration.
This is my 3rd team i'm managing now and for all teams it has been exactly the same. TPI in Denmark, Slough in England and now Dungannon in Northern Ireland.

The questions aren't rhetorical. Again - consider actual context. Do you have any actual examples, instead of hypothetical ones?

Show more passion. Is there a reason they're not showing passion? In this case, even hypothetically,  at 4 - 0 up, there's plenty of passion.

Concentrate. Is there a reason to think that they're in danger of losing focus?

Specific situations are needed to either explain something or determine whether it's a bug or not.

Yeah, only my last question was meant to be rhetorical. Poor choice of word there on my part. :D

At the start of my save, I used shouts very often. Come the fourth season, I was using them sparingly, having learnt a bit more about what each one meant. Over time, I came to realise that whenever my team was generally calm and composed, even if there was a slight chance of us throwing a result away, I could say it best by saying nothing at all.

Edited by CFuller

The 4-0 example were a few games where my players were all focused and played their hearts out. 
In real life i would have told my players to concentrate to keep them focused. Having the experience with the FM i decided, instead of saying Concentrate, i would try
telling them to show more passion. To see what the reaction was. And my players became even more lit up. Nothing really changed on the pitch but the reaction i got
made no sense to me. Decided to try it out a few more times and it was the same result.
Telling my players to concentrate, even when they are complacent or similar just overwhelms the players.
I still try it now and then but the result is always the same. Overwhelmed. There are occassions i get a different reaction and that reaction is nothing at all.
But yeah, when they're 4-0 up and dominating i shouldn't really touch the "show more passion" shout as they are showing a lot of passion already.

No idea if it's a bug or not but specific examples is not a problem. It happens in pretty much every single match.
Whether it is a bug or not - i will take that to the bugs forum to figure out.
Here i'm just more interested in the potential reasons in why it is the way it is.
Because there is always the chance i'm misinterpreting the players' reaction.

Anywho, it has got me using only "show more passion" and "demand more" shouts during my matches, with the occassional exceptions though.

1 minute ago, CFuller said:

Yeah, only my last question was meant to be rhetorical. Poor choice of word there on my part. :D

At the start of my save, I used shouts very often. Come the fourth season, I was using them sparingly, having learnt a bit more about what each one meant. Over time, I came to realise that whenever my team was generally calm and composed, even if there was a slight chance of us throwing a result away, I could say it best by saying nothing at all.

:D My bad, I really should have understood that. Then again. That might be a hint towards it being me misinterpreting the shout reactions as well.

My one real main gripe with this game at the moment is players who have high technique, passing and vision just standing there and kick the ball against the defenders legs, then they stand there watching the defender go after the ball, it's like they're in a daydream for those few seconds and then they suddenly realise oh! I better go get the ball.

1 hour ago, jc1 said:

My one real main gripe with this game at the moment is players who have high technique, passing and vision just standing there and kick the ball against the defenders legs, then they stand there watching the defender go after the ball, it's like they're in a daydream for those few seconds and then they suddenly realise oh! I better go get the ball.

And when a defender is on the ball out wide being 'pressed' by opponents, and starts slowly dribbling the ball back towards his own goal with the opposition jog walking at his heels. This can go on for 20-30 seconds, enough time to make a cup of tea, come back to see it still going on. Why is God's name are all the players near him on support not tracking back to offer a square passing option? It looks absurd. 

Edited by rdbayly

The new tactical options in FM2019 look amazing, but I'm holding back on buying with all the ME issues. Can't decide whether to buy 2019 and probably get frustrated like hell, or hold out for 2020, where the worst ME issues are hopefully ironed out. A real test of patience!

Just now, rain94 said:

I haven't seen anyone from SI in here since before the holiday. Are they still on their break? 

2 threads down there's a reply from SI. Neil has posted here too and Seb posted in GD, 3 hours ago. They're all over the place.

10 hours ago, NabsKebabs said:

Not enjoying the ME...the freakin long shots are ridiculous.

I thought long shots in my games were ridiculous but then I checked AI v AI matches and and it is 10 times worse. I checked the last 10 matches AI vs AI in my league where at least one goal was scored. Not a single game without a long distance goal. In one game there were 3 long shots goals by one team. This really needs to stop.

By the way, there has not been a single striker in 5 seasons who has managed to score more than 25 league goals in a season. There are simply no stand out performances, everyone plays the same.

33 minutes ago, Martin# said:

I thought long shots in my games were ridiculous but then I checked AI v AI matches and and it is 10 times worse. I checked the last 10 matches AI vs AI in my league where at least one goal was scored. Not a single game without a long distance goal. In one game there were 3 long shots goals by one team. This really needs to stop.

By the way, there has not been a single striker in 5 seasons who has managed to score more than 25 league goals in a season. There are simply no stand out performances, everyone plays the same.

Long shots have been a issue since last year and still haven't been fixed. Ridiculous. 

6 hours ago, HUNT3R said:

2 threads down there's a reply from SI. Neil has posted here too and Seb posted in GD, 3 hours ago. They're all over the place.

I have not seen any reply/comment for weeks from SI on what is the plan of action on the ME. And it is frustrating if you let it get to you. 

Instead, I discovered what a great game I missed by not buying FM 17. I bought it after trying the demo recently, with the goal of playing it until an update on FM 19 ME comes out, but now it looks like I will be playing it until 2020 March lol :)

6 hours ago, Martin# said:

That's normally how I decide on the performance of the ME - by watching countless AI vs. AI matches. 

Current FM 19 ME feels great if you watch 3-4 of your own matches in comprehensive. Then you start seeing the terrible trend of type of goals. Can't miss it really. I still enjoyed it for a while, until I realized it doesn't matter what style you want to play, goals always come the same way.

I still think all it needs is a few minor tweaks, and that's why I will be even more disappointed if SI will not even attempt to improve it for the latest patch.

1.Playing with Foreground chairman is there a chance he will leave or stop giving money to the club ? For example with smaller teams like Lausanne,Leiria, Larne ?

2. How Underwriter works? If I will increasing my wages over and over he will cover the loss that club makes ?

19 hours ago, paganizer said:

The new tactical options in FM2019 look amazing, but I'm holding back on buying with all the ME issues. Can't decide whether to buy 2019 and probably get frustrated like hell, or hold out for 2020, where the worst ME issues are hopefully ironed out. A real test of patience!

You can make a monkey wear a tuxedo, but it'll still be a monkey.

9 hours ago, bleventozturk said:

That's normally how I decide on the performance of the ME - by watching countless AI vs. AI matches. 

Current FM 19 ME feels great if you watch 3-4 of your own matches in comprehensive. Then you start seeing the terrible trend of type of goals. Can't miss it really. I still enjoyed it for a while, until I realized it doesn't matter what style you want to play, goals always come the same way.

I still think all it needs is a few minor tweaks, and that's why I will be even more disappointed if SI will not even attempt to improve it for the latest patch.

So much this. If the current flaws get fixed it'll be so much better. First step for SI though is to not just tell us it's logged, but to give us a roadmap on how they plan to work on this and within what timeframe. The communication so far has been nothing but dreadful. Meanwhile the PR department on Twitter is going strong. Rubs me the wrong way to be honest.

24 minutes ago, JulesD said:

So much this. If the current flaws get fixed it'll be so much better. First step for SI though is to not just tell us it's logged, but to give us a roadmap on how they plan to work on this and within what timeframe. The communication so far has been nothing but dreadful. Meanwhile the PR department on Twitter is going strong. Rubs me the wrong way to be honest.

If you genuinely believe that they're going to give you anything as detailed as a roadmap and - lol - actual timeframes, when it's fairly clear and obvious why they stopped communicating as much on this board in particular years ago, then you're setting yourself up for your own disappointment.

Edited by forameuss

20 hours ago, paganizer said:

You log into this wonderful forum, you read all the comments and complaints posted by several managers in here — and most importantly: You get in doubt whether to buy the 2019 edition. One could then ask the question: Should new, potential "customers" like you really ask this question if something is not wrong with the current match engine?

I have played Football Manager for many years. I bought the 2019 edition in December, played it for a week or so, and noticed so many unnatural moments in my matches that you all keep describing in here. Now, I do not play the game. I have lost all my feelings for this year's edition. I have tried to sum up the reasons why in my post below. These are reasons why I do not recommend you to buy Football Manager 2019. I really do not care about the match engine problems. I just do not want to see the same problems over and over and over again when my match highlights are being played. So many years of playing Football Manager got destroyed in one single week, because wingers with perfect attributes are waiting ages to cross a ball that will get blocked by poor defenders even though they have been told to cross early. Fine with me if wingers do not cross the ball that often in football these days. Put the crosses blocked in the statistics — do not show me every single match highlights. Same goes with the offisides. Way too many match highlights end up as offsides. It sucks the joy out of the game and I think that is where the problem lies: The match highlight might show the new way of football being played (or insert another reason here, e.g. you tactic is wrong, you did not analyze the match for 100 hours straight), but it is simply not enjoyable.

https://community.sigames.com/topic/453845-football-manager-2019-official-feedback-thread/?page=55&tab=comments#comment-11673273

Edited by Eoow

vor 21 Stunden schrieb Martin#:

I think that's related to the attacking movement problems and new way of defending. 

The new way of defending instructions make it possible to really defend deep and compact, more like a real team. 

But this resulted in making problems for chance creation because attack players don't really move like they do in real life. 

Still goal numbers have to somwhat reflect reality and that's probably why set piece goals and long shots have a higher probablity to go in, in order to compensate for not being able to create space against the new way of defending 

1 hour ago, thejay said:

I think that's related to the attacking movement problems and new way of defending. 

The new way of defending instructions make it possible to really defend deep and compact, more like a real team. 

But this resulted in making problems for chance creation because attack players don't really move like they do in real life. 

Still goal numbers have to somwhat reflect reality and that's probably why set piece goals and long shots have a higher probablity to go in, in order to compensate for not being able to create space against the new way of defending 

I agree, long shot goals definitely compensate poor attacking, without them, certain teams would end up with 25 goals scored in a season, including top teams.

It is also evident that defending is too strong when you check goals conceded by teams. In La Liga, halfway through the season, Barca have conceded only 5 goals, Sevilla 7, Atletico 11. These are ridiculously low numbers, especially in La Liga which is very attacking. Basically, every season, there is at least one team in each competition that is close to beating Chelsea´s defensive record under their first season with Mourinho - 15 goals conceded.

It is nice to see that defending finally resembles real life a bit but attacking has to go hand in hand with that. I think we will not see an ME update this year, the problems are too deep and complex.

I've mention it before, but I'll mention it again. 

Player morale etc really, really needs fixing. 

Every single game I play, I hit October 1st and I get 3 or 4 players asking for transfers because they aren't playing enough. Even if I say "Look mate, we've played 6 games, we have more to play, you will get minutes" they always reject that idea without fail. It's ridiculous. 

3 minutes ago, Gilberto Silva said:

I've mention it before, but I'll mention it again. 

Player morale etc really, really needs fixing. 

Every single game I play, I hit October 1st and I get 3 or 4 players asking for transfers because they aren't playing enough. Even if I say "Look mate, we've played 6 games, we have more to play, you will get minutes" they always reject that idea without fail. It's ridiculous. 

Technically, that's not down to player morale being - as certain users would put it - "broken" (God, I hate that word now).

As has been said here before, context is important. If you're a soft-touch former Sunday League player who's managing Manchester United, of course players will be more likely to complain or otherwise question your authority. If you're a world-class manager who's firm but fair, and you're still getting loads of transfer requests, then maybe something's up.

So... who are you managing? What's your starting experience? What's your Level of Discipline attribute? What is the dressing room atmosphere like? Without knowing a great deal, it's hard to tell whether you're experiencing buggy behaviour or not.

41 minutes ago, upthetoon said:

I don't know, I've completely stopped playing FM19 since last month as the ME is just awful at the moment. I'm waiting for the latest patch to get into the game again.

anyone else like me?

can't stand it. Really enjoyed 17 and 18 but it's unplayable atm for me. 

I am the opposite. I have so many idea left for my longterm 17 files and had a plan for a new file when 19 released in full but I just never got to it as 19 is so, so much more fun to play.

Are there things left to improve? Hard yes. Are there things that are somewhat frustrating? Also yes. But all in all it is a fine game that just works for me. Sure, I am waiting for March to make it better and would be disappointed if all we got was a database update but until then I'll still play a few seasons without any regret.

Why are Chairmen still so braindead? As if forcibly accepting terrible offers for financial reasons (even though you could get 50 times more £££ if you could negotiate yourself) wasn't bad enough, they will accept bids that are SUBSTANTIALLY WORSE THAN OFFERS ALREADY ACCEPTED...how can a game so driven by numbers be this way? There needs to be an option to assert that we can get a better deal when protesting transfers, and simply better AI.

3 hours ago, upthetoon said:

I don't know, I've completely stopped playing FM19 since last month as the ME is just awful at the moment. I'm waiting for the latest patch to get into the game again.

anyone else like me?

I'm glad i am not the only one, I was really looking forward to it being released and I bought it early and its been a big let down so i'm a bit dissapointed in it. I can't get myself to commit to a long save because of the ME.

3 hours ago, upthetoon said:

anyone else like me?

I haven't played since the release of 19.2. Uninstalled the game this month.

3 часа назад, upthetoon сказал:

anyone else like me?

2256 hours in FM17 (OMG what I do with my life :D)

953 hours in FM18 - return after 19.2 patch

186 hours in FM19 - but a lot of time is simulation and investigation for bug reports

After all the good I had to say, now I am confused.

I started a lower league file with pretty garbage players. All my fullbacks can play is No-Nonsense or on Defend duty. Yet those players are (besides expectable mistakes in defensive positioning) doing what I wanted all my Bundesliga teams to do. 

Two games in, I have three goals from beautiful through balls. Once from my IWa to my MCa who ran over half the pitch, twiche from my FBd/NFB to the supportive striker. 

Normally I wouldn't give two flying hoots about a two game observation but on my hundreds of played and thousands of analysed/goal-checked games I have never seen these balls played this controlled and intelligently. 

It really feels like Fullbacks are half the problem and that at lower mentalities they become more balanced because at higher ones they just run up and down and cross and cross and make any game their own whatever the original plan was. On lower ones they are more open to play balls and the central team mates are less likely to pass the easy way down the flank.

Edited by Piperita