Football Manager 2019 Official Feedback Thread

Biggest downside for this year's FM from your pov ?  

66 members have voted

1. 1. What really annoy you this year while playing FM19 ?

• Players moaning for new contracts too often
    • Gegenpressing tactic too powerful
    • Youngsters determination decreasing despite tutoring
    • IA still stockpiling players at a specific position/low teambuilding
    • Calendar bug ,only 1 day to recover between 2 officials games, especially a the end of the season (Obviously, i'm not talking about the Boxing day)
    • International call-ups issues (players unavailable for Champions League final etc...)

This poll is closed to new votes

• SI Staff
9 hours ago, Martin# said:

Its also interesting how a world class player gets unsettled when a SMALLER team wants his services. My example: I manage Real Madrid and have a great MC in my team. I have won 3 La liga titles in row, 2 out of 3 UCL and every other trophy available, breaking all sorts of records. Now Tottenham bid 30 million. Ridiculously low and I reject. But the player is unhappy that I did not allow him to speak to the club as it would be a great opportunity for his career and nnow refuses to sign a new contract:-DD TOTTENHAM? They are not even in Champions League, have finished 6, 7 and 7. Had the same thing happen with a centre back and a full back.

This sounds like an example we would like to take a closer look at. 

If you have a save game from just before an offer is made which you feel is incorrectly unsettling a player then could you please upload the save game to our cloud service. Details can be found below. 

• Replies 5.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I just told a player he's got plenty of time left on his contract and he went and complained to his team-mates.

Sure enough, I'm encouraged to talk to three sour-faced players unhappy that I'm treating him unfairly.

I tell them "He's being unreasonable, if I grant this to him, you'll all be wanting a new contract." They perk up, 'Good point boss, that clears things up, cheers for the chat.'

All three of those players also want new deals and two of them have asked to leave the club because of it.

My raucous laughter resulted in a coughing fit. Thanks, SI. :mad:

5 hours ago, chad2192 said:

Yes, won champions league and got 2nd place my first season but it's hard to get the striker involved

I know what you mean, I've went back to having DLP(S) and 2 IF's, it seems  to work and gets the striker a wee bit more involved, ME still has lots of problems though, most games in 3D are pretty boring to watch.

I have a bit of a cycle in my save, I'm Bristol City and 10 seasons in, around 2020 Ashton Gate was expanded to from 24,000 to 27,000 (its actual real life capacity but okay...) but haven't been offered the opportunity to expand since, explained elsewhere due to AG's real life limited expansion potential. Every time I attempt the build new stadium any option and I get a response that the board doesn't believe the expansion potential is there in the fan base. In the last 4/5 seasons I've  pretty much sold out every game, I've won the league cup, FA cup twice in a row, Europa leaue. Last season I won both the league and FA cup, finished 2nd in premier league and quarter final of the champions league. My finances are at about £170m to the good, got a message that my facilities had been downgraded due to time, ask for them to be upgraded, said it would help persuade high quality signings, get a response that the wage budget probably wouldn't allow for these high level signings anyway so request denied. I also didn't get a new transfer budget for the upcoming season so having to sell players. I also had the smallest wages to turnover percentage in the whole league last season at about 24%.

So basically the board say the money isn't there to bring in high level signings due to low wage budget so won't allow upgraded facilities, however also won't build a new stadium helping to increase income due to a perceived lack of potential support despite selling out for years. There appears to be no way to break this cycle and I keep having to sell good players each summer to maintain the finance level/bring in new players.

Any ideas?

8 minutes ago, hodge13 said:

I have a bit of a cycle in my save, I'm Bristol City and 10 seasons in, around 2020 Ashton Gate was expanded to from 24,000 to 27,000 (its actual real life capacity but okay...) but haven't been offered the opportunity to expand since, explained elsewhere due to AG's real life limited expansion potential. Every time I attempt the build new stadium any option and I get a response that the board doesn't believe the expansion potential is there in the fan base. In the last 4/5 seasons I've  pretty much sold out every game, I've won the league cup, FA cup twice in a row, Europa leaue. Last season I won both the league and FA cup, finished 2nd in premier league and quarter final of the champions league. My finances are at about £170m to the good, got a message that my facilities had been downgraded due to time, ask for them to be upgraded, said it would help persuade high quality signings, get a response that the wage budget probably wouldn't allow for these high level signings anyway so request denied. I also didn't get a new transfer budget for the upcoming season so having to sell players. I also had the smallest wages to turnover percentage in the whole league last season at about 24%.

So basically the board say the money isn't there to bring in high level signings due to low wage budget so won't allow upgraded facilities, however also won't build a new stadium helping to increase income due to a perceived lack of potential support despite selling out for years. There appears to be no way to break this cycle and I keep having to sell good players each summer to maintain the finance level/bring in new players.

Any ideas?

Tell the board you'll quit if your requests are not granted?

On 05/02/2019 at 22:48, LukasZ_VCF said:

2 additional partners of the club giving like 1mln euro per year in financial - sponsorships what does it mean? will the club be taken over by some people,  they sold stocks or shares or something ?

Anyone ? Do I have to be worried that something wrong is going on or they will be just adding the money like any other sponsor?

11 hours ago, hodge13 said:

Any ideas?

With regards to the stadium thing - you're selling out at 27,000 but it could be that the maximum you could ever get is 28,000 so the board wouldn't see the point in building a brand new stadium just to add 1,000 more tickets per game. 

What are your club philosophies? If you have any regarding developing youth, a better reason to give when asking for facilities upgrades would be to allow players to reach their potential, rather than to attract signings. 

4 hours ago, LukasZ_VCF said:

Anyone ? Do I have to be worried that something wrong is going on or they will be just adding the money like any other sponsor?

They're just like any other sponsor, I'd assume. Put a screenshot in if you really think its something weird. If you're Manchester United, it says something ridiculous like "54 additional partners giving £80m per season" and basically it's just because they're not going to list every single official noodle partner.

Edited by zlatanera

Ive just read that central play won’t be fully fixed for FM19 and only the DLF and the F9 have been tweaked in the way they operate, yielding a slight more variety in goals. They are aware attacking movement needs a lot more work and will look to revamp attacking movement for FM20.

Im a bit disappointed to be honest but at least they have have made some attempt to fix it which is better than nothing, I guess roll on November......

Edited by Weller1980

En 6/2/2019 a las 4:53, Mitja dijo:

After having bought FM19 since the beta version, do I have to wait until November 2019 to buy a new FM20 (with more bugs in the initial versions) with the ME issue fixed seriously? I will test the March(?) update, but i think that SI has lost an habitual customer.

I can't view what Mitja is apparently linking to.

Anyway, there's no need to panic or get into a huff. Nobody outside of SI (and perhaps only a few within SI) yet knows for sure what will or will not be in the next major patch.

I don't know if its just me but strikers and forwards (aml amr's) scoring lot less than average in real life, I have game with 30+ leagues selected with full detail and at the end of first season I checked most of the top goalscorer awards from those leagues. All of them have %40+ less goal than recent seasons trend. Same thing going with my attacking players too, I evolved my tactic relying on long shots and set pieces at the end but I really want to see some forward goals. Even best players around the world scoring muuuuch less than their actual stats...

hace 4 minutos, CFuller dijo:

I can't view what Mitja is apparently linking to.

Anyway, there's no need to panic or get into a huff. Nobody outside of SI (and perhaps only a few within SI) yet knows for sure what will or will not be in the next major patch.

It was a post of a SI member saying that only DLF and F9 have been improved, and the rest of the roles have to wait to FM20, but that post is hidden now.  It was in "ME1922 central striker movement" of beta bugs forum.

vor einer Stunde schrieb pejocho:

It was a post of a SI member saying that only DLF and F9 have been improved, and the rest of the roles have to wait to FM20, but that post is hidden now.  It was in "ME1922 central striker movement" of beta bugs forum.

Really disappointing, cebtainly lost me as a long term customer. 

Well least my  fm addiction has been cured 

22 minutes ago, thejay said:

Really disappointing, cebtainly lost me as a long term customer. 

Well least my  fm addiction has been cured 

That post wasn’t entirely correct, and has been removed, it turns out that improvements in forward movement has been tweaked for all striker roles and we should see a notciable improvement. Which is good news.

I guess we just need to wait and see and test 19.3 ME for ourselves.

Edited by Weller1980

41 minutes ago, Weller1980 said:

That post wasn’t entirely correct, and has been removed, it turns out that improvements in forward movement has been tweaked for all striker roles and we should see a notciable improvement. Which is good news.

I guess we just need to wait and see and test 19.3 ME for ourselves.

We keep saying it. No really knows what's definitely going to be in it until close to its actual release. Today is a perfect example of it (despite the fact that this was even corrected immediately both on the original thread and by andu in the very next post)

It was very unrealistic to expect all problems to be fixed with yearly games like these you will have problems, sometimes you have to take a step back to make a step forward. SI knows that there is an issue and they will be looking to fix it

54 minutes ago, Amarante said:

It was very unrealistic to expect all problems to be fixed with yearly games like these you will have problems, sometimes you have to take a step back to make a step forward. SI knows that there is an issue and they will be looking to fix it

It's not that though, I and the people expect a running game that has very few bugs and bugs that don't effect the game by a large proportion. Nobody is asking them to fix all the problems, just the ones that are effecting people's playing experience the most. I'm sure the SI are working hard to fix this and they probably will imo but a lot of people's perceptions must be considered game by game and not longer longer term.

As for the people commenting about striker movement of 2 certain roles being changed, @Jack Joyce has assured that all striker role movements were looked into and changed with other improvements, so don't worry guys. 

Edited by BigV

3 minutes ago, BigV said:

It's not that though, I and the people expect a running game that has very few bugs and bugs that don't effect the game by a large proportion. Nobody is asking them to fix all the problems, just the ones that are effecting people's playing experience the most. I'm sure the SI are working hard to fix this and they probably will imo but a lot of people's perceptions must be considered game by game and not longer longer term.

Problem is the game is running, the game is being played striker movement/central issues don't really affect how the game is played. You can still bag loads of goals etc etc It's not a problem of is it functioning its a problem of realism, which there you can say is that striker movement and central issues are not realistic.  I have been a strong critic since October on this and we hope that 19.3 will fix some of the issues. 

FM19 has made great leaps in the defending and now the attacking needs to be tweaked. They have admitted that to get a better fix in place they need more time and hence it has been pushed back to FM20. 

Not sure what to think, but since the minor update there has been a change to the match engine.

It's raining goals, great attacking movement, less secure defending for both sides I might add.

Maybe the M.E has'nt been touched and it's my materful training schedules bearing fruits.

31 minutes ago, Amarante said:

Problem is the game is running, the game is being played striker movement/central issues don't really affect how the game is played. You can still bag loads of goals etc etc It's not a problem of is it functioning its a problem of realism, which there you can say is that striker movement and central issues are not realistic.  I have been a strong critic since October on this and we hope that 19.3 will fix some of the issues. 

FM19 has made great leaps in the defending and now the attacking needs to be tweaked. They have admitted that to get a better fix in place they need more time and hence it has been pushed back to FM20. 

They do if the thing you want is specific from your tactics. A 3 man mid you'd expect to be quite some force but rarely happens as it goes wide most of the time especially if you had a f9 or DF. Also true and I was and still am but nothing could be done about it hence we have to wait regardless so there's no point in moaning but to help them rather than making their work harder. A bit of both cause one or a few people said the long shot bug was to some extent the defensive side which they didn't close down so often when wanting to/instructed to. Ngl it should make me like FM overall less but it's getting me pumped for next FM to see how they'll improve it. 

9 hours ago, zlatanera said:

With regards to the stadium thing - you're selling out at 27,000 but it could be that the maximum you could ever get is 28,000 so the board wouldn't see the point in building a brand new stadium just to add 1,000 more tickets per game. 

What are your club philosophies? If you have any regarding developing youth, a better reason to give when asking for facilities upgrades would be to allow players to reach their potential, rather than to attract signings. 

The question would be why would there be a maximum of 28,000? If a championship club grew to featuring in the champions league and finishing top end of the premier league their potential attendances would more than likely increase by more than just 1000. The original plans for the new build before Ashton Gate was just redeveloped was for it to be 30,000 capacity with the ability to increase it to 42,000 so in real life the club obviously thought there was the potential.

1 hour ago, hodge13 said:

The question would be why would there be a maximum of 28,000? If a championship club grew to featuring in the champions league and finishing top end of the premier league their potential attendances would more than likely increase by more than just 1000. The original plans for the new build before Ashton Gate was just redeveloped was for it to be 30,000 capacity with the ability to increase it to 42,000 so in real life the club obviously thought there was the potential.

I was just speculating on the number. There are factors such as the size of your town/city and the number of other clubs in the area that affect your maximum possible attendance. 

12 hours ago, Weller1980 said:

Ive just read that central play won’t be fully fixed for FM19 and only the DLF and the F9 have been tweaked in the way they operate, yielding a slight more variety in goals. They are aware attacking movement needs a lot more work and will look to revamp attacking movement for FM20.

Im a bit disappointed to be honest but at least they have have made some attempt to fix it which is better than nothing, I guess roll on November......

So we pay full price for a prodcut that is 'faulty' and have to wait a year for it to be fixed? ok :)

21 minutes ago, Preveza said:

So we pay full price for a prodcut that is 'faulty' and have to wait a year for it to be fixed? ok :)

No this isn’t correct anymore, read above posts. The ME will never be perfect but changes to striker movement should be improved.

Edited by Weller1980

27 minutes ago, Preveza said:

Something like that. But there is no guarantee particular problem will be fixed. Crossing issue is perfect example. 

9 hours ago, Amarante said:

FM19 has made great leaps in the defending and now the attacking needs to be tweaked. 

Obviously there are some improvements in this year ME but  I don't consider introduction of 5 new (completely unnecessary  pressing instructions) improvement for example. There are as many defensive issues currently as there are attacking. Only they might seem not so obvious because of attacking side issues being far easier to spot. There are big issues how wide area is defended, players still stand far too apart from opponents, AI can't defend properly against extra man in midfield, 2 striker formation defensive logics still isn't fixed when AI plays them, pressing had huge issues in 19.1, decision making when clearing the ball is worse than two years ago, and so on.

Edited by Mitja

14 hours ago, themadsheep2001 said:

We keep saying it. No really knows what's definitely going to be in it until close to its actual release. Today is a perfect example of it (despite the fact that this was even corrected immediately both on the original thread and by andu in the very next post)

Where can I read the plans on improving the striker movement in the ME? I found a thread in the public beta forum with one line on it but that's it. :/

4 minutes ago, JulesD said:

Where can I read the plans on improving the striker movement in the ME? I found a thread in the public beta forum with one line on it but that's it. :/

There is no outline or public plan, so you're not alone with that. Only the developers know for sure.

vor 5 Stunden schrieb Weller1980:

No this isn’t correct anymore, read above posts. The ME will never be perfect but changes to striker movement should be improved.

As far as I understood the post only striker movement will be improved, the problems with offensive movement go beyond just the strikers .

So it is correct, attacking movement will be improved in general in the next fm version 

1 minute ago, thejay said:

As far as I understood the post only striker movement will be improved, the problems with offensive movement go beyond just the strikers .

So it is correct, attacking movement will be improved in general in the next fm version 

No, its not correct. The post was actually removed and corrected in that very same thread. Andu also mentioned it here

Here is the correction from Jack: 

39 minutes ago, themadsheep2001 said:

He quite literally said it. It's not hard to tell at all

I think it's great SI are taking their time to do the right thing, thoroughly test to make sure they're tweaking the right problems and not creating new ones. But it's a shame they're not elaborating more on their plans. It'd be great if there'd be a communications officer who'd keep track of all the planned changes so the public can be informed on what SI are working on. I'm happy to provide PKM's and post here on what I feel is an opportuniy to improve in the ME, but the interaction between SI and it's users could and has to be so much better.

When I look at FM's Twitter for example I think they're doing a great job. They should ask their PR department to help out the developers and testers to communicate with the more active userbase that is genuinely concerned and speaking about the qualities and flaws of SI's product. It would be great if SI would recognise this and try to improve on it.

Just now, JulesD said:

I'm happy to provide PKM's and post here on what I feel is an opportuniy to improve in the ME, but the interaction between SI and it's users could and has to be so much better.

Why don't you do this anyway? There's feedback on issues that get posted in the bugs forum etc. It all helps.

36 minutes ago, Mitja said:

He mentioned only strikers' movement yes.

Note the thread title, so that's what he was addressing and why he didn't elaborate. As @themadsheep2001 has constantly said, they've given some info, but we really do not know what will be included in the next update.

vor 51 Minuten schrieb themadsheep2001:

He quite literally said it. It's not hard to tell at all

It is, is it attacking movement improves because striker movement improves which results in a variety of goals? 

Or is it general improvement on how players move when attacking, not just the strikers. 

Both the now hidden post and the new update suggest the same thing in different words. 

Attacking improvement because of striker movement improvement, not general movement improvement of all players 

1 minute ago, HUNT3R said:

Why don't you do this anyway? There's feedback on issues that get posted in the bugs forum etc. It all helps.

I do this already, but there's no clustered or organized information on what issues have been picked up and registered by SI. Sometimes there is are response in an individual, separate thread to specific issues yes. But when I feel there's an issue in the ME there's no central point where I can find whether they already registered this particular issue. Usually it's also no more than one line that they've registered it. With the striker movement issue it took weeks before SI confirmed - again in a seperate thread - that they will work on this in a patch. That's limited information that you have to search for in seperate subforums and whatnot. A focal point of communication would make things much easier.

Just now, JulesD said:

I do this already, but there's no clustered or organized information on what issues have been picked up and registered by SI. Sometimes there is are response in an individual, separate thread to specific issues yes. But when I feel there's an issue in the ME there's no central point where I can find whether they already registered this particular issue. Usually it's also no more than one line that they've registered it. With the striker movement issue it took weeks before SI confirmed - again in a seperate thread - that they will work on this in a patch. That's limited information that you have to search for in seperate subforums and whatnot. A focal point of communication would make things much easier.

There doesn't need to be a central point. If you have an issue, report it. They need many more than one example anyway, so even if it's an issue they know about, it helps the logging process.

Just now, HUNT3R said:

There doesn't need to be a central point. If you have an issue, report it. They need many more than one example anyway, so even if it's an issue they know about, it helps the logging process.

Why do you feel there is no need for a central point of communication? I'm trying to explain why I think it is a good idea but I can't think of a reason why it would be a bad idea. The only downside would be the extra effort, then again, SI has plenty of users paying for their product so hiring staff shouldn't be a problem.

Just now, JulesD said:

Why do you feel there is no need for a central point of communication? I'm trying to explain why I think it is a good idea but I can't think of a reason why it would be a bad idea. The only downside would be the extra effort, then again, SI has plenty of users paying for their product so hiring staff shouldn't be a problem.

It isn't practical. Have you seen the internet? "Hey we're working on striker movement for the next patch" and then they run into issues and knock on effects which means it can't be released. Melt. Down. It's not simple process. They need to obviously work on it and if it's ready for release, it'll be released.

1 minute ago, HUNT3R said:

It isn't practical. Have you seen the internet? "Hey we're working on striker movement for the next patch" and then they run into issues and knock on effects which means it can't be released. Melt. Down. It's not simple process. They need to obviously work on it and if it's ready for release, it'll be released.

Central points of communication work wonderful as far as I know. If they communicate transparently that'd be a good first step. Managing expectations is a second issue which you can do by having a focal point of communication. All that has been said now is "we're working on movement for all striker roles" in a seperate thread. Seems far less efficient to me than making a single thread in which they outline where they are in the process. That way I know they're checking whether it's ripe for a patch. People making comments about an issue SI is already working on can be referred to this focal point. Simultaneously SI could implement links to the bugs forum where players can upload more PKM's to help SI out. It's a win-win situation if done right.

The point you adress is more about the way you use the means of communication, rather than the tool I'm trying to describe. I 100% agree with you though -- but again, it's why managing expectations is important. It's also exactly why having specialized communications staff is important. They could manage this focal point in the right way. Spreading bits of information in a select amount of lines on particular threads -- that is what seems impractical to me.

Just now, JulesD said:

Central points of communication work wonderful as far as I know. If they communicate transparently that'd be a good first step. Managing expectations is a second issue which you can do by having a focal point of communication. All that has been said now is "we're working on movement for all striker roles" in a seperate thread. Seems far less efficient to me than making a single thread in which they outline where they are in the process. That way I know they're checking whether it's ripe for a patch. People making comments about an issue SI is already working on can be referred to this focal point. Simultaneously SI could implement links to the bugs forum where players can upload more PKM's to help SI out. It's a win-win situation if done right.

The point you adress is more about the way you use the means of communication, rather than the tool I'm trying to describe. I 100% agree with you though -- but again, it's why managing expectations is important. It's also exactly why having specialized communications staff is important. They could manage this focal point in the right way. Spreading bits of information in a select amount of lines on particular threads -- that is what seems impractical to me.

There's plenty of communication to the internal and external beta testers. Keep those quality bug reports coming and you might be considered.  ;)

There are very few companies I know of, speaking as a non-mod, who do what you want, except early access small or even indie developers.